Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard (2478 Views)

Deziani Madueke Speaks After Long Silence- Never Stole Nigeria’s Money - / Please, No 2019 For Buhari - By Ochereome Nnanna / Yes, Ndi Igbo, ‘go Home’ - By Ochereome Nnanna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by Scholes007(m): 10:13am On May 25, 2016
obailala:
No doubts, myself, yourself and many others call them thieves. Similarly, I'm sure buhari calls them thieves in his heart, but all I ask is for you to leave the long melancholic epistle and point out where Buhari has explicitly mentioned the name of Madam Madueke or anybody and called them a thief?... I am waiting for you to prove me wrong.

In summary, that you think someone has said something, it does not mean he has actually said it.
During buhari's first president media chat, when he was asked why they didn't release Dasuki and Nnamdi even after court has granted them bail, he (buhari) openly made clear accusation against dasuki even at that he made himself the jury, the judge and the excutioner. Here are some of his word
"If You see the atrocities these people committed against this country, we can't allow them to jump bail "
He said that dasuki and his team would collect and share money recklessly...
"they would just say to central bank give so and so, 40 billion... "
I can go on and on. So I see no reason why you should defend the undefendable. Pls if you are close to this man tell him to cast away some of his numerous sycophants, they are doing him more harm than good.

3 Likes

Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by obailala(m): 10:29am On May 25, 2016
Scholes007:
During buhari's first president media chat, when he was asked why they didn't release Dasuki and Nnamdi even after court has granted them bail, he (buhari) openly made clear accusation against dasuki even at that he made himself the jury, the judge and the excutioner. Here are some of his word
"If You see the atrocities these people committed against this country, we can't allow them to jump bail "
He said that dasuki and his team would collect and share money recklessly...
"they would just say to central bank give so and so, 40 billion... "
I can go on and on. So I see no reason why you should defend the undefendable. Pls if you are close to this man tell him to shade his numerous sycophants, they are doing him more harm than good.
But even Dasuki did not deny that he took and shared money, so what's wrong if Buhari says Dasuki took and shared money?

The case against Dasuki is not whether he took and shared money (that fact has since been established), the case against him in court is to ascertain if he did that collection & sharing within the ambits of the law or not. Just point out where PMB accused a particular person (e.g. Diezani of being a thief?
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by obailala(m): 10:34am On May 25, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

The thread is about how Buhari declared Abacha as not corrupt and how his administration is sugar coating the stolen funds as not Abacha's loot but illegally stashed federal savings
But there was a clarification that Buhari only said Abacha was never convicted by any court. Besides, this statement was made in a memorial event for Abacha, what did you expect Buhari to say to the faces of Abacha's wife, children and relatives?
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by VulgarVulvas: 10:38am On May 25, 2016
obailala:
But there was a clarification that Buhari only said Abacha was never convicted by any court. Besides, this statement was made in a memorial event for Abacha, what did you expect Buhari to say to the faces of Abacha's wife, children and relatives?

Utter nonsense

So your buhari Mr. Integrity is selective when declaring verdicts?

That is what the author of this OP-ED is saying.

Buhari is a selective hypocrite

QED.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by Scholes007(m): 10:44am On May 25, 2016
obailala:
But even Dasuki did not deny that he took and shared money, so what's wrong if Buhari says Dasuki took and shared money?

The case against Dasuki is not whether he took and shared money (that fact has since been established), the case against him in court is to ascertain if he did that collection & sharing within the ambits of the law or not. Just point out where PMB accused a particular person (e.g. Diezani of being a thief?
summary: What lead to these arguement is OrlandoOwoh claiming buhari meant that Abacha is not a thief unless proven otherwise by the law court, and you echoed his thought but this time denying buhari never called or accused anyone. I brought up dasuki case and showed you where he accused dasuki even without court finding him guilty yet.
Now you accuse dasuki of accepting these allegation even when we have not heard from dasuki since he was detained. All we have been hearing is from Efcc not dasuki. His lawyer has come out to deny all of the allegations, or didn't you follow that?

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by obailala(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2016
Scholes007:
summary: What lead to these arguement is OrlandoOwoh claiming buhari meant that Abacha is not a thief unless proven otherwise by the law court, and you echoed his thought but this time denying buhari never called or accused anyone. I brought up dasuki case and showed you where he accused dasuki even without court finding him guilty yet.
Now you accuse dasuki of accepting these allegation even when we have not heard from dasuki since he was detained. All we have been hearing is from Efcc not dasuki. His lawyer has come out to deny all of the allegations, or didn't you follow that?
Oh... I didn't know Dasuki has denied ever taking or sharing any money. I suppose even the earliest statements about getting approval from Jonathan before disbursing any funds were also made up by EFCC?
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by obailala(m): 10:59am On May 25, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

Utter nonsense

So your buhari Mr. Integrity is selective when declaring verdicts?

That is what the author of this OP-ED is saying.

Buhari is a selective hypocrite

QED.
Was Abacha convicted by any court?... Mr Man, whether you agree or not or whether you like it or not, Buhari is a man of integrity, live with it! angry
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by VulgarVulvas: 11:02am On May 25, 2016
obailala:
Was Abacha convicted by any court?

So Abacha was not corrupt despite the several billions repatriated back to Nigeria?

This is how you use Tinubu's lack of conviction to call him a saint.

Continue with your hypocrisy.

Buhari as far as I am concerned is the worst kind of corruption as he is highly biased on his judgements and as such has no integrity.

3 Likes

Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by obailala(m): 11:12am On May 25, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

So Abacha was not corrupt despite the several billions repatriated back to Nigeria?

This is how you use Tinubu's lack of conviction to call him a saint.

Continue with your hypocrisy.

Buhari as far as I am concerned is the worst kind of corruption as he is highly biased on his judgements and as such has no integrity.

All I am simply saying is that Buhari was technically not wrong when he said Abacha wasnt convicted. If you still think Buhari was wrong, kindly point out the court that prosecuted or convicted Abacha. This has nothing to do with hypocrisy, it has everything to do with common sense and use of simple English.

I know in my heart that Tinubu, Jonathan, Amaechi, etc. are all corrupt (even though they haven't been convicted), I can say it here on a faceless NL forum that they are all corrupt, but I would be a fool to say it on national TV or in public especially if I am a public figure. So the point is simple, no matter how you try to paint it, Buhari is not a fool to go in public (especially in front of Abacha's family on a memorial ceremony) and say Abacha is a thief especially when Abacha was never convicted. Make una dey try use brain small, it's not by force to force corruption on Buhari. You can criticise him on his poor diplomacy, his bigotry, his poor economic direction etc., but it is pointless to try and accuse him of corruption.
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by Scholes007(m): 11:19am On May 25, 2016
obailala:
Oh... I didn't know Dasuki has denied ever taking or sharing any money. I suppose even the earliest statements about getting approval from Jonathan before disbursing any funds were also made up by EFCC?
let's not deviate from the double standard exhibited by Buhari, you and your ilk on the issue of abacha and his numerous loots. Dasuki has never ever accepted any of the allegations against him. All we have been reading has never been from dasuki. Efcc always feed the press not dasuki.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by VulgarVulvas: 11:28am On May 25, 2016
obailala:
All I am simply saying is that Buhari was technically not wrong when he said Abacha wasnt convicted. If you still think Buhari was wrong, kindly point out the court that prosecuted or convicted Abacha. This has nothing to do with hypocrisy, it has everything to do with common sense and use of simple English.

I know in my heart that Tinubu, Jonathan, Amaechi, etc. are all corrupt (even though they haven't been convicted), I can say it here on a faceless NL forum that they are all corrupt, but I would be a fool to say it on national TV or in public especially if I am a public figure. So the point is simple, no matter how you try to paint it, Buhari is not a fool to go in public (especially in front of Abacha's family on a memorial ceremony) and say Abacha is a thief especially when Abacha was never convicted. Make una dey try use brain small, it's not by force to force corruption on Buhari. You can criticise him on his poor diplomacy, his bigotry, his poor economic direction etc., but it is pointless to try and accuse him of corruption.

So in effect stealing and stashing public funds abroad is not corruption until one is convicted.

You try.

Why not take a break like your fellow zombies who have since long departed and ignored this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 11:31am On May 25, 2016
obailala:
I'm not an empty brained twerp like most of the people out there who are incapable of reason, at least I have the ability to discern the exact reason why the bag of rice or tomato for instance is more expensive today, and even though I am also affected, I know it's not a direct fault of PMB. So if you expect me to foolishly join the daft crowd to start accusing buhari of being responsible for tomato ebola, or you expect me to start blaming buhari for the low oil prices and the consequent forex scarcity, then you are on a very long thing.

Please could you educate me on what you understand exactly that caused this tomato shortages..

I have been looking for someone who is why aware of this matter to enlighten me..

Note; Pls try to point out facts as I have on my own did some studies, but still not satisfied with all of the theories out there..

Thanks.
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by obailala(m): 12:09pm On May 25, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

So in effect stealing and stashing public funds abroad is not corruption until one is convicted.

You try.

Why not take a break like your fellow zombies who have since long departed and ignored this thread.
I did not say it's not corruption, I simply said buhari's statement (about abacha not being convicted) is not wrong like most haters are ignorantly alluding. Simple English!
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by VulgarVulvas: 12:14pm On May 25, 2016
obailala:
I did not say it's not corruption, I simply said buhari's statement (about abacha not being convicted) is not wrong like most haters are ignorantly alluding. Simple English!

Buhari did not allude to any conviction when he made that statement but blindly declared Abacha as not corrupt because he was yet to see evidence to that effect in spite of all the repatriated loot.

Don't twist facts.

Buhari is either a very slow poke or one with very poor judgemental abilities or he was just being loyal to his former benefactor making him a biased sychophant not fit to declare an anti corruption crusade.

Shikena

1 Like

Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by obailala(m): 12:18pm On May 25, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

Please could you educate me on what you understand exactly that caused this tomato shortages..

I have been looking for someone who is why aware of this matter to enlighten me..

Note; Pls try to point out facts as I have on my own did some studies, but still not satisfied with all of the theories out there..

Thanks.
I'm not really an expert in this myself. But here are several links explaining the reason behind the tomato scarcity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3607352/Nigerian-state-declares-emergency-tomato-Ebola.html
http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/25/tomato-ebola-hits-six-states-in-nigeria/
http://punchng.com/tomato-ebola-hits-six-states-fg/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/25/fg-confirms-six-states-hit-by-tomato-ebola/
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/24/tomato-ebola-nigeria-moths-staple-food-crops
https://www.naij.com/822933-tomato-ebola-destroys-40-nigerias-tomato-harvest.html
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by obailala(m): 12:23pm On May 25, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

Buhari did not allude to any conviction when he made that statement but blindly declared Abacha as not corrupt because he was yet to see evidence to that effect in spite of all the repatriated loot.

Don't twist facts.

Buhari is either a very slow poke or one with very poor judgemental abilities or he was just being loyal to his former benefactor making him a biased sychophant not fit to declare an anti corruption crusade.

Shikena
Like I said earlier, whether you like it or not, whether you agree or not, the fact remains that buhari is a man of integrity, he is not a slowpoke, he doesn't have poor judgemental abilities and he is not a sycophant; live with it!
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by double0seven(m): 12:52pm On May 25, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

Keep denying the obvious

Nah only yourself and fellow
you dey deceive

why not just answer the very reasonable question. Where is the proof that Buhari ever said what you people accuse him off. That's the same way they've been carrying up and down that he said he'll cause N1 to be equals to $1 which is a big lie, but people are still repeating it till date.
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by McLuhan(m): 1:25pm On May 25, 2016
Hypocrisy, shameless hypocrisy of the highest order. Tufiakwa. A man is not corrupt even though his loot is being returned from foreign countries. Yet a man whose only crime is his blood relationship with President Jonathan is today rotting in EFCC detention. No problem. But mark my words: In years to come, Nigerians will look back at this administration as one of the darkest periods in our history. With the benefit of hindsight everything will become clear and nobody will deceive anyone anymore.
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 1:32pm On May 25, 2016
obailala:
I'm not really an expert in this myself. But here are several links explaining the reason behind the tomato scarcity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3607352/Nigerian-state-declares-emergency-tomato-Ebola.html
http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/25/tomato-ebola-hits-six-states-in-nigeria/
http://punchng.com/tomato-ebola-hits-six-states-fg/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/25/fg-confirms-six-states-hit-by-tomato-ebola/
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/24/tomato-ebola-nigeria-moths-staple-food-crops
https://www.naij.com/822933-tomato-ebola-destroys-40-nigerias-tomato-harvest.html

Thanks for the info..

From my research I have been able to gather lots of information leading to the root cause of this dastardly tomato disease..

Everything the news said were all very correct abt the disease, it's history and the devastation it already caused..

Now lemme me lead you to the real causes, why the problem became intense..

First, the disease is caused by a moth /pest. .so it's controlled using a pesticide..and these pesticides are imported and not made in Nigeria..

So like every other things which are imported was effected by Forex, the pesticides was also a victim.. Leading to some farmers inability to meet up with budgets and trying to diverse other shortcuts..

Secondly, the Ministry of Agriculture also contributed too.. .
How? Remember there was programs by FG through Ministry of Agric had in place to promote Agric activities, where fertilizers, seeds, pesticides are regularly delivered to farmers at govt subsidized rates..

My brother due to changes in policy by the govt, that program was suspended which was another burden to many farmers..

However, when some farmers noticed how difficult it might be to maintain a tomato farm without the usual incentive, Some farmers even changed the crops they planted to other confirmed profitable crops.

There are conflicting info coming from the farmers themselves as to the main reason the country has to face this problem..

But generally FG lead by M Buhari has to step up their game to alleviate some of these, as most are direct impacts of govt policies... .

1 Like

Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:55pm On May 25, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

Thanks for the info..

From my research I have been able to gather lots of information leading to the root cause of this dastardly tomato disease..

Everything the news said were all very correct abt the disease, it's history and the devastation it already caused..

First, the disease is caused by a moth /pest. .so it's controlled using a pesticide..and these pesticides are imported and not made in Nigeria..

So like every other things which are imported was effected by Forex, the pesticides was also a victim.. Leading to some farmers inability to meet up with budgets and trying to diverse other shortcuts..

How? Remember there was programs by FG through Ministry of Agric had in place to promote Agric activities, where fertilizers, seeds, pesticides are regularly delivered to farmers at govt subsidized rates..

My brother due to changes in policy by the govt, that program was suspended which was another burden to many farmers..

However, when some farmers noticed how difficult it might be to maintain a tomato farm without the usual incentive, Some farmers even changed the crops they planted to other confirmed profitable crops.

There are conflicting info coming from the farmers themselves as to the main reason the country has to face this problem..

But generally FG lead by M Buhari has to step up their game to alleviate some of these, as most are direct impacts of govt policies... .
What are the states doing? Can't they assist farmers in the states? Must state governors always look up to the FG?
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 2:10pm On May 25, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

What are the states doing? Can't they assist farmers in the states? Must state governors always look up to the FG?

Especially states in the north and it has worked tor them for years since they see Nigeria as their inheritance /Estate.
Even in their own personal business, they always expect FG to fund them before they lift fingers to them..

Remember, FG farm irrigation programs by Goodluck..also FADAMA 1,2 & 3...

These are programs instituted to transfer revenues to the north..
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by obailala(m): 2:16pm On May 25, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

Thanks for the info..

Thanks for the info... so in essence, 'blame it on buhari!!!'
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by 9japride(m): 2:23pm On May 25, 2016
obailala:
Was Abacha convicted by any court?... Mr Man, whether you agree or not or whether you like it or not, Buhari is a man of integrity, live with it! angry
[color=#006600][/color]

Na ur type they pollute a society. What is bad is bad no need for court judgement please. Thanks
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 2:55pm On May 25, 2016
obailala:
Thanks for the info... so in essence, 'blame it on buhari!!!'

I am one of those who always like lashing out on Buhari..

But this particular problem is a system issue..

Like Jonathan always does when he was in power, he allow those appointed into various positions to work, take credits and also blames for outcomes of their services..

I have also understand, that even though Buhari always claims James Bond, he can never be everywhere at the same time..

So it's always more healthy to channel credits or blames to the ministries responsible for them..

If an acclaimed professional appointed by Buhari allows Buhari's stubbornness to rubbish what he claims to know before being appointed, then we must also blame him for not standing by what he know and sure is right or resign if pressure is unbearable from his boss to misbehave..
Time for Nigerians to abandon blame it on Buhari and start targeting those directly responsible..

This healthy blame shall even make Buhari perform better..
If you notice my comment It didn't direct blames at Buhari rather the Agric Min.
Re: Abacha Never Stole? - By Ochereome Nnanna Editoral Commentator From Vanguard by ehissi(m): 8:10pm On May 25, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Editors in most of our tabloids are not doing anything. Buhari never said Abacha didn't steal, but that all that had been said about him (Abacha) stealing remained allegations until proven otherwise by a court of law. The statement of Buhari is legally right. I challenge the OP to give us the link of the exact quote and a video evidence which was taken during the praying commemorating Abacha's death, keep shut?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Kemi Adeosun Still Presiding Over The Economy / Why You Should Get White Slaves / 7 Sets Of People That Hate Tuface Led Protest For Good Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.