Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,668 members, 7,862,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

The Truth About Long Distance Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Truth About Long Distance Relationships (713 Views)

How True Is This About Long Distance Relationships / Ways To Make Long Distance Relationships Work / Scariest Thing About Long Distance Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Long Distance Relationships by PenAStory: 7:52am On May 25, 2016
https://penastory.com/2016/05/21/the-truth-about-long-distance-relationships-kunbi-black/

To be quite frank with you, I am a wrong person to be addressing relationship related matters because I just never seemed to get mine right. Trust me, I have tried and tried and tried again but I never get lucky. From Sade-Niniola-Aisha-Isabella-Comfort-Adanma….*deep sigh* The list is endless. They all left one after the other for the flimsiest of reasons. Don’t you even start judging me already oh? Please don’t! You do not have the slightest idea what it meant to be loved for a while and then suddenly discarded like a piece of trash or a toilet paper passed through the ass-crack. I felt completely humiliated and disoriented to even have the belief that maybe love isn’t meant for all.

However, of all these past relationships of mine, there was this particular one I would forever remember Wait sef! Why are we talking about my relationship life? I’m sorry for the digression. So, I’m supposed to be telling you the truth about long distance relationships and my dear the simple truth is all relationships either long distanced or short, they are all tricky. Many times, I hear people blame a failed relationship on age and make statements like, “How old are you sef? You don’t know that you are not yet mature enough for a relationship” or “What do you know? Relationship is for adults.” At this point, I always like to ask, “What makes one qualified to be called an adult? If you tell me based on age, I would show you a million fools at the age of forty and several intellectually sound teens and those in their early twenties. Thus, I conclude my argument by stating that age should never be an optimum barrier for defining an adult but probably just an added advantage.

Psychologists have certified that some people are by far wiser and smarter than their age mates. You then begin to wonder how this can be and I believe the answer is very crystal clear – experience. Experience they say is the best teacher. The more life experiences you face, the more mature you become. The ability to encounter challenges and either fall or surpass them one way or the other goes a long way in maturing the mind. Thus, whenever I am asked about my take on long distance relationships, I answer affirmatively with total assurance of the possibility, “It takes two to tango like it take two mature minds to make a long distance relationship work.”

Once upon a time, my grandfather won the heart of my grandmother with the use of a mutual friend who played the role of a ‘middle man’ shuttling between both parties not considering how far apart they lived from each other. Then, he passed the baton to my father who made my mother fall head over heels with his magical pen that gave birth to letters that housed words as beautiful as the smile of a two years old child given ice-cream to eat. Once again, the exchanging of letters exhibit distance yet these people made perfect matches and have gone to live together as couples for several decades.

I know at this point you are probably like “Oga! Abeg jawe, that one was all in the past, it can never work in 2016.” I guess I need to remind you then that close to 3.8 billion people make use of the internet via the different social media platforms. This means technology has made it by far easier to maintain a long distance relationship. There is a phone to use not just make voice calls but even video calls as well. But the problem is, initially the whole long distance thing is full of excitement but then the problem with most couples is that they put everything to a hold until they are together again. It shouldn’t be so. Not like there should be a programmed time of when to call and text but it should be as often as possible. Also, sharing with each other, your experiences in the various cities or countries as the case may be and reminiscing on past events of things said and done together would be really pivotal. Above all, you guys should never stop talking of what you would say and do to and/or with each other once you finally meet up. All these spice up your relationship and keep you guys going.

I remember one particular long distance relationship I got into. We only saw three times in a year but whenever we saw, a day was like a whole year spent together. We never get our hands and eyes off each other and our mouth never stop moving both in form talking and kissing. It was always magical. In all, all these won’t make sense and can never work for you except you and your partner decide to be mature minds.

Get updates on our posts by joining our BBM Channel via C00396EEB, if you are reading from mobile click: http://pin.bbm.com/C00396EEB
Source: PenAStory - www.penastory.com
Re: The Truth About Long Distance Relationships by BayLord01(m): 7:58am On May 25, 2016
Never belief in distance relationship tho
Re: The Truth About Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 8:36am On May 25, 2016
Royalblak007 shud read this..

I believe we can work it out...
Re: The Truth About Long Distance Relationships by Lavedaa: 8:43am On May 25, 2016
I can't deal with such relationship, seriously!
I mean no spending time with boo?

It can't always be about phone talks. cheesy

It might work for some people sha, definitely not me.
If I endure for the least 3months the next one I'm off. sad
Re: The Truth About Long Distance Relationships by Gebbson007(m): 8:54am On May 25, 2016
still trying nt 2 cheat ,ain't easy 2 hold konji ooo.
Re: The Truth About Long Distance Relationships by RoyalBlak007: 8:58am On May 25, 2016
Lavedaa:
I can't deal with such relationship, seriously!
I mean no spending time with boo?

It can't always be about phone talks. cheesy

It might work for some people sha, definitely not me.
If I endure for the least 3months the next one I'm off. sad

Lols! That's a

semester cheesy 3months
Re: The Truth About Long Distance Relationships by Lavedaa: 9:06am On May 25, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

Lols! That's a

semester cheesy 3months

Lol

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do When Next I Find A Man Molesting A Girl / Brain Teaser, Tell Me What's Wrong With This Picture / Premature Ejaculation And Small Manhood Almost Put An End To My 4 Years Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.