Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? (1850 Views)

A Nairalander Caught A Big Python, Cooked It And Ate It With His Family (Photos) / Which Is Economical: Cooking With Gas And Cooking With Electricity / Nigerian Pawpaw Soup Cooked With Unripe Pawpaw (papaya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? by Cutehector(m): 1:35pm On May 25, 2016
Ok following the Discussion on Nigerian Info 92.3 on the topic "Federal Government to Ban Firewood in Nigeria"

I put this questions to well meaning Nigerians.

Food cooked with firewood or food cooked with Gas, which tastes better..

Your opinion is very important.

MissyB3, lalasticlala
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? by donephi(m): 2:03pm On May 25, 2016
Fire wood still remains the best.

Just like comparing broiler(agric chicken) and local chicken.
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 25, 2016
Firewood has this one flavour that is "waaaw"
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? by ireneony(f): 8:54am On May 26, 2016
Both..
Na poverty de make pple prefer firewood.
I like firewood wen it comes to roasted yam.

I miss eating roasted yam and suya embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? by Nobody: 9:03am On May 26, 2016
Haven cooked with firewood, gas and kerosene stove, I can authoritatively say that food cooked with firewood tastes way better!! There's just something about it. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? by 9jafood: 9:06am On May 26, 2016
Cutehector:
Ok following the Discussion on Nigerian Info 92.3 on the topic "Federal Government to Ban Firewood in Nigeria"

I put this questions to well meaning Nigerians.

Food cooked with firewood or food cooked with Gas, which tastes better..

Your opinion is very important.

MissyB3, lalasticlala
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? by lezz(m): 9:17am On May 26, 2016
iAmCharis:
Haven cooked with firewood, gas and kerosene stove, I can authoritatively say that food cooked with firewood tastes way better!! There's just something about it. grin
Aye! I remember when I was little and we go up to the village, every meal from that giant steel pot tastes breathtakingly different.

When I grew older, I ponder why meals from firewood tastes pleasantly different from those cooked by gas-cookers or stove.

I drew blank.... but maybe, it's due to the fire heating all corners of the pot from all angles.
Who knows.
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 26, 2016
lezz:
Aye! I remember when I was little and we go up to the village, every meal from that giant steel pot tastes breathtakingly different.

When I grew older, I ponder why meals from firewood tastes pleasantly different from those cooked by gas-cookers or stove.

I drew blank.... but maybe, it's due to the fire heating all corners of the pot from all angles.
We knows.
Yea, maybe. Or it could be that the smoke adds a special taste. grin

1 Like

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? by charijee(f): 5:38pm On May 26, 2016
Food cooked with firewood is second to none, there's this natural, inviting and irresistible aroma it exudes grin grin...awwww I'm yearning for one
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? by Aniwhyte(m): 9:08am On May 27, 2016
Mtchewwwww, rubbish question. Firewood X 999,000,000,000,000 times
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? by theEYe21(f): 4:59pm On May 27, 2016
How does cooking food using firewood or gas change the taste of the food, are you an illiterate? undecided
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? by iheanyi40(m): 8:55am On May 30, 2016
Firewood jare
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood And Food Cooked With Gas, Which Tastes Better? by FacelessStuart: 1:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
I think that there is no difference between food cooked on fire and food cooked on gas

(1) (Reply)

Farmcity lekki Review / Ovens And Locally Fabricated Popcorn Machines For Sale. / 99 Reasons Why Beer Is Better Than Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.