Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon (39442 Views)

This Long Snake Was Killed In My Neighbour's Room Yesterday Night / Cattle Seen Grazing In Apo Legislative Quarters, Abuja This Afternoon / The Long Snake Killed At A Mechanic-Workshop In Port-harcourt (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by Reeberry: 12:06pm On May 26, 2016
lifezone247:
it's actually a cobra bro, don't mind them shouting black mamba cos it's black. Black mamba are mostly green and not as big and long as this one.
Mckandre:
dude that's a big cobra
Nawa for these people óó. How could you call that a Cobra. Cobra can be as long and big like that.

You should know from the head and the tail.
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by iberu001(m): 12:08pm On May 26, 2016
Point of correction, black mamba is different from green mamba but both of them are cousins, you can't judge black mamba with the color of there skin although some are black in color while some are not, the only way to know black mamba is through there mouth,the mouth of the snake will be purely black, different from the mouth of other snakes including cobra, green mamba always has green color also there mouth are always black like there cousin (black mamba)
lifezone247:
it's actually a cobra bro, don't mind them shouting black mamba cos it's black. Black mamba are mostly green and not as big and long as this one.
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by hennesseykrane(m): 12:09pm On May 26, 2016
lifezone247:
Drove into this thread with my 2016 range rover (autobiography) if this topic no make fp I will leave it here a take a bike.
lol be cos dem lala loves snakes abi angry grin
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by mrofficial(m): 12:11pm On May 26, 2016
It's called black mamba because of the black mouth not because of the skin colour. This isn't black mamba.
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by Masterclass32: 12:13pm On May 26, 2016
EngrIdris:
Lalatic see perper soup

Hehehe ... Others are seeing snake, u are seeing pepper soup. Talk about seeing from different perspectives.

1 Like

Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by Kaira333: 12:17pm On May 26, 2016
lifezone247:
Drove into this thread with my 2016 range rover (autobiography) if this topic no make fp I will leave it here a take a bike.
"A take a bike" meaning?
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by stagger: 12:17pm On May 26, 2016
mankan2k7:
Black mamba very dangerous and poisonous snake

Thank God u reduce their population by one

That snake IS NOT A MAMBA. A black mamba gets its name from the black colour of the inside of its mouth, not by its body colour. The green mamba is named according to its body colour. From the scales of this snake, this looks like a cobra which had not spread its characteristic hood.
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by iberu001(m): 12:17pm On May 26, 2016
From my own point of view, the snake is cobra.Its either king cobra or African split black cobra.Mamba can't be long and big like this, only cobra do attain this type of growth.Precisely its king cobra.Rest my case. grin cheesy
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by seunayeni(m): 12:26pm On May 26, 2016
lifezone247:
LooooooooooooL, na so.....make me dey carry the Autobiography go

1 Like

Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by sampsun(m): 12:34pm On May 26, 2016
This snake surely looks like a Cobra if not a Cobra.
But the length of this snake is Damn Long. The longer the snake,the faster the speed. At full stretch vertically, it can leap upto a distance of 15-20 feets towards its target or destination.

The guy that ended the life of this snake most be a Liverpool fan with plenty Liver and a fast bowler with plenty of Balls..

1 Like

Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by CaptainEColeJr1: 12:38pm On May 26, 2016
Mckandre:
dude that's a big cobra
cobra? undecided

that's a black Mamba .. one of the most venomous snakes in the world.. and the fastest also.. it can grow up to 11 feet long.. and 5 milligrams of its venom is enough to kill a man in seconds and to paralyse am elephant in minutes...
its mostly found in Southern Africa and South Eastern part of Nigeria and Ghana
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by Mckandre(m): 12:41pm On May 26, 2016
Reeberry:

Nawa for these people óó. How could you call that a Cobra. Cobra can be as long and big like that.

You should know from the head and the tail.
u ve not seen a cobra yet. to me, that stripe on the neck has said it all. cobras do grow longer than this,take the king cobra for example.
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by CaptainEColeJr1: 12:46pm On May 26, 2016
Ramcie:
This is a King Cobra. Can be identified by the markings on its belly. This is really big only few shown on NatGeo are this big. Very very dangerous. When it wants to strike, it lifts half its body off the ground to look even more intimidating. They are mostly found in plantations cause of the abundance of rodents grin
king cobras are only found in South Eastern Asia or Indonesia ... they aren't in Africa.

the snake is definitely a black Mamba of black specie.. they're the only snakes (apart from king cobra) that can grow up to 11 feet long... the OP is indeed brave.. because a singular bite from this deadly snake will kill a man in seconds .. and you'll hardly find the anti-venom in most Nigerian hospitals ... their venom is neuro-toxic which means it paralyses the vital organs of the body leading to immediate death.
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by vickylincon(m): 12:46pm On May 26, 2016
neolboy:
A very big snake up to 9feet was killed in a poultry farm this afternoon after swallowing and hitting itself on the ground, unluckily for the snake nemesis caught with it.
how do you kill such a huge snake. Are you not afraid. Abeg tell me how
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by Kiish(m): 12:47pm On May 26, 2016
Every time snake post makes FP

1 Like

Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by AreaFada2: 12:50pm On May 26, 2016
This na cobra na. Very prolific and gets quite big in West Africa.

Black mamba is more dangerous BUT both are deadly.
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by CaptainEColeJr1: 12:51pm On May 26, 2016
nonstan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROV-U-3YYmc

Watch d fight BTW king cobra and blackmamba
just watched it... didn't see any fights undecided
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by lifezone247(m): 12:58pm On May 26, 2016
iberu001:
Point of correction, black mamba is different from green mamba but both of them are cousins, you can't judge black mamba with the color of there skin although some are black in color while some are not, the only way to know black mamba is through there mouth,the mouth of the snake will be purely black, different from the mouth of other snakes including cobra, green mamba always has green color also there mouth are always black like there cousin (black mamba)
OK sir thanks for the correction, I have learned.
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by omonla10(m): 1:14pm On May 26, 2016
lifezone247:
it's a black mamba

Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by ManTiger(m): 1:14pm On May 26, 2016
That's Black Snake not Black Manba.
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by nurez305(m): 1:34pm On May 26, 2016
Is it an achievement now to kill a snake?
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by wokomabest(m): 2:03pm On May 26, 2016
EddyNumerouno:
Black mambas' are mostly green, the 'black' is from the jet black hue of the mouth.
This looks like a cobra. Op pic of the head
yea! this is asp. in today word is Cobra
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by sylve11: 2:03pm On May 26, 2016
nnadychuks:
Black maaaaaaambaaaaaa... You try sha, If na me,na race I for pick

Cobra, not black mamba cool

1 Like

Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by Kalashnikov102(m): 2:11pm On May 26, 2016
The snake long die!! You fit hang your clothes. Put.
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by ediko5(m): 2:11pm On May 26, 2016
What is it with Nairaland supermod and snake for.God.sake?

Every time snake.

You guys have made me go to YouTube to watch a sacry documentary to see the so-called black or blue mamba in action.

God help me
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by xcuggsm(m): 2:14pm On May 26, 2016
2kaybiel:
Lalasticla your food is ready

ALASTICLALA IS ALREADY BUYING PEPPER SOUP INGREDIENTS.

THE MAN LIKE TO CHOP SNAKE, NO BE SMALL kiss

1 Like

Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by IamforGod: 2:15pm On May 26, 2016
EddyNumerouno:
Black mambas' are mostly green, the 'black' is from the jet black hue of the mouth.
This looks like a cobra. Op pic of the head

They are 2 types we av the black mamba and the Green mamba
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by EddyNumerouno(m): 2:19pm On May 26, 2016
IamforGod:

They are 2 types we av the black mamba and the Green mamba

Yes, green mamba's are found in west Africa and south Africa, while (metallic grey) 'black' mamba's are found only in southern Africa. Too much Nat Geo wild tongue
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by IamforGod: 2:19pm On May 26, 2016
lifezone247:

It's not a cobra Google is ur friend! This is a black mamba very dangerous
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by 400billionman: 2:20pm On May 26, 2016
Mckandre:
dude that's a big cobra

Black mamba.

They look alike save for the neck hood..
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 26, 2016
martineverest:
esan dialect?
Yeap
Re: The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon by IamforGod: 2:21pm On May 26, 2016
EddyNumerouno:

Yes, green mamba's are found in west Africa and south Africa, while (metallic grey) 'black' mamba's are found only in southern Africa. Too much Nat Geo wild tongue

U no watch Nat get wild pass me bro!

Forgive the op's camera that is a correct black mamba judging from its bells I knew it's a black mamba Pls Google. I just did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Painful Insult You've Ever Received? / Driver Electrocuted At Jakande Estate As Trailer Touches High Tension Wire / Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.