Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

The One With The Girl Who Broke My Soul - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The One With The Girl Who Broke My Soul (549 Views)

She Broke My Heart Then But Now I Have Her Progress At My Reach / I Loved Him, He Broke My Heart, And I Have Been Cursing Him Deep. / I Stormed His Wedding & Made Him Cry After He Broke My Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The One With The Girl Who Broke My Soul by guyXander(m): 3:37pm On May 25, 2016
'Twas few days before Christmas in the first semester of my sophomore year. We just ended the last legion meeting for that year and we were exchanging contacts. Our president encouraged us to get to know each other and to have each other's contacts, so that during Christmas we would send each other Christmas and new year messages.
So I decided to get her contacts that day. I motioned to where she was and asked for her contacts which she gave me.
I can't really understand why I found her attractive, but I just did.
When we went home for Christmas and we talked and chatted on 2go. WhatsApp wasn't out yet.
We got close. Or so I thought. I sent at least two messages for Christmas and the new year.
She returned the messages.
We resumed school in January and we would talk but most times on 2go. I never really had the courage to approach her in person to profess my undying love.
On Valentine's day I sent her a message telling her how I felt and ended with the three words— "I love you."
She replied late in the night with a message saying some normal things and ending with, "it's f lv".
I honestly still don't know what that mean.
It got to the end of the first semester. We went for spring break.
We kept chatting.
We returned to school for the second semester.
And I decided to let her read books I've written.
So the day I was going to give her the book, my friends had told me and advised me to 'toast' her for real.
So that night, the following took place in our love garden.
" Hi!", I said.
"Hi", she replied.
I murmured to myself, " there's no other way to say it but just to say it".
"What", she replied.
"I like you. I mean, I love you."
"I would love us to date."
She kept mute for a while. Then she said, "I can't date you. In fact, I can't be with one guy."
I kept mute while I died little by little.
I finally broke the silence with, "okay, then."
"I'll come later to collect the book when you're done."
Without waiting for any more downgrading words, I walked away with my tail in-between my legs.
I got to the hostel and it seemed everyone was waiting for me to get back to hear how it turned out.
"Guy how e go now?"
"She tell me say she no fit date me.
As in she can't be with one guy. What does that even mean. Guys I'm going to bed. I don't want to talk about it."
"This girl sef. You no tell am say you like am?"
I didn't say anything. I was praying for sleep to come. My heart had tore in two parts. Somewhere in my body or mind, I hurt really bad, in a way...
...in a way I can't really put in words.
I felt tears soaking my bed. I faced the wall. I couldn't let myself be seen like that. It was so humiliating. I was dying little and little inside. I've never felt more depressed. Tons of wreckless thought crept into my mind.
I lost my self-esteem; my pride; my ego. My soul was in shambles.
I feared the worst. This tore me apart.
At midnight, I screamed, "why why why!"
"What exactly did I do wrong? If she didn't like me, why did she keep insinuating it?"
At that time, I didn't care if anyone saw me cry. I cried my freaking mind out.
My roommate invited me to eat eba and egusi soup. Immediately I did, I fell asleep.
Somewhere in my mind, I swore never to attempt dating unless it became necessary.
I woke up the next morning with the worst headache ever.
Once in a while, my roommates teased me as the one that cry because of girl.
Any time I talked about a girl, they'll say,
"Guy I no go cook egusi for you oh."
"Hahaha."
Four year later.
I was on Facebook commenting on a post by one of my friends about women and respect. And I gave my honest opinion.
That was in the morning of that day.
In the evening, one of my friend who is in the US doing his masters chatted a friend in Nigeria who called another of my friend, who was with me telling him to telling to come online, on Facebook, that that girl that jilted me, just came online insulting me; calling me a 'fool at forty'.
I was furious!
I tore her down with all the insults I had in me. Most of which kids shouldn't hear.
I called her unprintable names. It degenerate to the point that all my friends took turns to insult her...
It reminded me of Claus and his kickass gang(The Originals).
What died, that day, came alive again.
Karma never fails!
I can't say I'm proud of it, but, I feel better for it.
Talk about closure!
Re: The One With The Girl Who Broke My Soul by nuggarito: 8:04pm On May 25, 2016
O boy this your story get as e be.
Re: The One With The Girl Who Broke My Soul by guyXander(m): 9:00pm On May 25, 2016
nuggarito:
O boy this your story get as e be.
how?
Re: The One With The Girl Who Broke My Soul by nuggarito: 9:24pm On May 25, 2016
guyXander:

how?
I don't understand the part you said she insulted you, may I ask for what reasons or was it because of your previous encounter or what??
Re: The One With The Girl Who Broke My Soul by guyXander(m): 9:49pm On May 25, 2016
nuggarito:
I don't understand the part you said she insulted you, may I ask for what reasons or was it because of your previous encounter or what??
how is calling someone a fool at forty on social media not an insult?

(1) (Reply)

Boredom Wan Kill Me Here!! / Advice Me!! How Much Should I Be Keeping As My Monthly Savings / He Wants Respect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.