Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Proof That God Exists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proof That God Exists (2487 Views)

Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / Is This A Proof That The Trending Apostle Suleman's Photos Were Photoshopped? / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof That God Exists by Cutehector(m): 4:36pm On May 25, 2016
N/B: This is a lenghty topic, please read at a more convenient time. cool

We are constantly challenged by atheists, skeptics and hecklers to prove that there is a God.
It is difficult for natural man to believe in something that he cannot see, touch or feel. (1 Cor. 2:14)
The problem for the Christian is solved with the first verse of the Bible, "In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth" (Gen 1:1)

It did not occur to any other writer of the bible to prove this fact. The bible plainly states that it is the fool who denies the existence of God. Psa 14:1, "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God"

Proof From Conscience

Man is born with a universal belief in a supreme Being; no tribe has yet been discovered that lacks this. They know that some Being creates and controls.

Rom 2:15, "They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness and their conflicting thoughts accuse or perhaps excuse them." this shows that the existence of God is written in the human conscience.

Acts 17:23, "For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, "To an unknown god." that means, conscience told these pagan worshippers that there is supreme being though they do not know him personally.

Some atheists may claim that their conscience does not tell them about God. It is doubtful if a genuine atheist can be found for at best they are men who have stilled conscience by blatant unbelief.

Some men are so blind that they may deny the existence of the sun in the sky but that does not alter the fact that the sun exists, rises and sets each day. None are so blind as those who refuse to see. Men deny the existence of God not because they cannot find him but because they are afraid to face the responsibility of being accountable to him after death.

If people say there is no God, then they are not responsible to anyone, that means they can live and die as they wish. But in the quieter moments of reflection, the conscience of every man whispers, "there is a God" and only fools deny it.

To look up and see an aircraft and not see the pilot and say that the plane is pilotless is as ridiculous as looking into the heavens and saying there is no Supreme Being simply because we cannot see him.

Few of us have ever seen our brains, yet we believe we possess a brain because of a centralized control system in the Body. Because we see creation, we believe there has to be a Creator, we believe in God.

The Argument of God's existence from Cause (Cosmological)

The world is here. It must have come from somewhere. Somebody or something must have caused it to come into being at one time or another.

Here is a book. Someone must have written it. No printing press can of itself produce a book, be it ever so modern a press with the latest electrical gadgets.

Someone built the building. Someone created the trees, therefore, someone operates the universe.

If all the pieces of a watch were placed in a can and the can shaken gently for a million years, the watch would not be "accidentally" put together and running.

The only sensible answer to the problem of the existence of the world is the existence of an intelligent Being whom we call God

The Argument from Design (Teleological)

A watch not only exists but it has a designer. It was planned for a specific purpose

A watch was not designed for mosquitoes to live in, it was designed by a keen mind for the purpose of accurately telling the time.

An examination of the world and the things large and small shows that each creation is designed by an intelligent mind for a specific purpose in life.

The colors of the bird and means of defense of the animals are not by accidents. They are also the result of a plan of a superior planning mind of the originator.

The Moral Argument (Anthropological)

Man has an intellectual and moral nature showing that the creator must not be merely an inanimate force but a living, intelligent moral Being.

Gen 1:26 "let us make man in our image, after our likeness."
Gen 1:27 God created man in the image and likeness of God, that is, patterned after him.
Psalm 94:9 "He that planted the ear, Doesn't he hear? He that formed the eye, doesn't he see? God has given to man ears, eyes, knowledge, intelligent, life, and will power for these things are the things he possesses. This means that the creator lives, sees, knows and has will power because man is made in the likeness of him.

Conscience teaches man right and wrong, good and bad: for the Creator is a moral being that is holy, and loves righteousness but abhors evil.

The Life Argument

Life comes from life and the original life must have come from a Being possessing eternal life, that is, life that existed before physical life was created.

Where can such life be found? It can only be found in God who possesses eternal life. Psa 36:9 "for with thee is the fountain (source) of life"

The apple fruit gets its life from the parent tree, the lamb from the mother sheep. But where did they get life from? We go back to the original creation

Jesus said in John 11:25 "I am....life and in John 14:6 "and I give unto them eternal life.

All life proceeds from God. The theory from spontaneous generation has been proved fals and completely unacceptable to authoritative science.

Life must have a beginning, the only logical answer is that the beginning is God.

Source: God's Answers to Man's Questions Page 7-8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That God Exists by braithwaite(m): 5:07pm On May 25, 2016
[b]yinmu

In the beginning God created heaven and earth
**Guess amongst the planet earth is the oldest huh? I simply can't build my hopes on a foundation of confusion, misery and myths..
**Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who sets the planets in motion?..lot of confusion there also..
**explain how a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars..if you sit and think about who God is supposed to be, you realize that such a being is impossible. Ridiculous,smh ,in fact.

In Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:
Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him

The impossibility of God is visible here as well. Based on Jesus' statement, let's assume that you are a child and you are starving in warri, You pray for food. What would you expect to happen based on Jesus' statement? If God exists as an all-loving, all-knowing and all-powerful parent -- a "father in heaven" -- you would expect God to deliver food to you. In fact, the child should not have to pray. Normal parents provide food to their children without their children having to beg for it. Yet, strangely,today we find tens of millions of people dying of starvation every year...yet you claim is a loving father.. an imaginary father..

**Another way to approach the impossibility of God is to think about the concept of omniscience. If God is omniscient, then it means that he knows every single thing that happens in the universe, both now and infinitely into the future. Do you have free will in such a universe? Clearly not. God knows everything that will happen to you. Therefore, the instant you were created, God knows whether you are going to heaven or hell. To create someone knowing that that person will be damned to hell for eternity is the epitome of evil.There is nothing more telling of a person’s fundamental lack of perspective and humility than an insistence that if they cannot reconcile their beliefs with reality, then reality itself must be wrong..

**and the worst piece that baffles me is you people don't think outside the box..or you're scared of eternal damnation.. (((ask yourself since God is omniscience he should know even before Satan betrayed him..or he doesn't know. He know his plan yet he still let him.. so as a loving father he want the devil to play sudoku with his adoring children's huh? Smh..

Abegii list plenty

You're blind by religion.. religion are all alike- founded upon fables and mythologies

[/b]
Re: Proof That God Exists by finofaya: 5:31pm On May 25, 2016
This can hardly be called proof.
Re: Proof That God Exists by boman2014: 5:37pm On May 25, 2016
finofaya:
This can hardly be called proof.
i wonder my broda
Re: Proof That God Exists by Ramon92: 5:45pm On May 25, 2016
the problem with those points is that they're made from a one dimensional plane of reasoning..

From conscience, it's Cos we probably couldn't find the answers cos everything is so complicated that we have to put our 'conscience' on something. But what if it's not 'God'? And it's only fools that don't ask questions after reading the bible..

From cause, following ur line of reasoning, Someone or something must have created' 'God', no?

From design, of course not by accident. antelopes were designed to be eaten by lions and plasmodium was created by 'God' to kill man. Everything might look intelligent but in fact, everything is indeed chaotic with everything trying to survive in the chaos..

From morals, morality is subjective and no set of moral rules is a means for superiority..

From life, definitely something must have given 'God' its own life? and what could that be?
Re: Proof That God Exists by lepasharon(f): 8:09pm On May 25, 2016
Same ol' shittt. OP try again.
Re: Proof That God Exists by Edenoscar(m): 8:10pm On May 25, 2016
All what you listed does not prove anything.Here are the real evidence

ARGUMENT FROM SHEER WILL
(1) I DO believe in God! I DO believe in God! I do I do I do I DO believe in God!
(2) Therefore, God exists.

.ARGUMENT FROM META-SMUGNESS
(1) Bleep you.
(2) Therefore, God exists

ARGUMENT FROM INCOMPREHENSIBILITY
(1) Flabble glurk zoom boink blubba snurgleschnortz ping!
(2) No one has ever refuted (1).
(3) Therefore, God exists.

.PARENTAL ARGUMENT
(1) My mommy and daddy told me that God exists.
(2) Therefore, God exists.

.DORE'S ARGUMENT
(1) I forgot to take my meds.
(2) Therefore, I AM CHRIST!!
(3) Therefore, God exists.

COSMOLOGICAL ARGUMENT, a.k.a. FIRST CAUSE ARGUMENT (I)
(1) If I say something must have a cause, it has a cause.
(2) I say the universe must have a cause.
(3) Therefore, the universe has a cause.
(4) Therefore, God exists.

4 Likes

Re: Proof That God Exists by donnffd(m): 10:09pm On May 25, 2016
Cutehector:

The problem for the Christian is solved with the first verse of the Bible, "In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth" (Gen 1:1)

You cant prove harry potter exists by referring to the novel...thats just plain stupid

It did not occur to any other writer of the bible to prove this fact. The bible plainly states that it is the fool who denies the existence of God. Psa 14:1, "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God"

Some other writer of the bible also said anyone who calls his fellow man a fool would burn in HELL, mattew 5:22

Man is born with a universal belief in a supreme Being; no tribe has yet been discovered that lacks this. They know that some Being creates and controls.

They dont know, and because every tribe tends to have some sort of belief in a deity SHOWS alot about us as humans and nothing about the so called deity

Some men are so blind that they may deny the existence of the sun in the sky but that does not alter the fact that the sun exists, rises and sets each day. None are so blind as those who refuse to see.

Can you point me someone who denies the existence of the sun?, and den no one believes the sun exist, we KNOW it exists

Men deny the existence of God not because they cannot find him but because they are afraid to face the responsibility of being accountable to him after death.

So if a thief wants to avoid facing responsibility, all he has to do is deny the existence of the police...wow, very insightful.

The world is here. It must have come from somewhere. Somebody or something must have caused it to come into being at one time or another.

Here is a book. Someone must have written it. No printing press can of itself produce a book, be it ever so modern a press with the latest electrical gadgets.

Someone built the building. Someone created the trees, therefore, someone operates the universe.

If all the pieces of a watch were placed in a can and the can shaken gently for a million years, the watch would not be "accidentally" put together and running.

The only sensible answer to the problem of the existence of the world is the existence of an intelligent Being whom we call God

From your logic, if everything that exists has a creator, then by definition, your creator who also exist must have a creator or is he an atheist? shocked

An examination of the world and the things large and small shows that each creation is designed by an intelligent mind for a specific purpose in life.

The colors of the bird and means of defense of the animals are not by accidents. They are also the result of a plan of a superior planning mind of the originator.

You obviously ddnt do biology in secondary school and never heard of Evolution by natural selection...and mind you, if humans were planned, why do we have hemorrhoids(which is a direct consequence for standing up straight instead of walking on fours)

The Life Argument

All life proceeds from God. The theory from spontaneous generation has been proved fals and completely unacceptable to authoritative science.

Life must have a beginning, the only logical answer is that the beginning is God

You obviously dont know what you are talking about, ever heard of Abiogenesis? Google it...your logical conclusion doesnt answer the question about life beginnings rather it pushes it backward, if God did it, then who did God?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proof That God Exists by Nobody: 5:31am On May 26, 2016
donnffd:

You cant prove harry potter exists by referring to the novel...thats just plain stupid

Some other writer of the bible also said anyone who calls his fellow man a fool would burn in HELL, mattew 5:22

They dont know, and because every tribe tends to have some sort of belief in a deity SHOWS alot about us as humans and nothing about the so called deity

Can you point me someone who denies the existence of the sun?, and den no one believes the sun exist, we KNOW it exists

So if a thief wants to avoid facing responsibility, all he has to do is deny the existence of the police...wow, very insightful.

From your logic, if everything that exists has a creator, then by definition, your creator who also exist must have a creator or is he an atheist? shocked

You obviously ddnt do biology in secondary school and never heard of Evolution by natural selection...and mind you, if humans were planned, why do we have hemorrhoids(which is a direct consequence for standing up straight instead of walking on fours)

You obviously dont know what you are talking about, ever heard of Abiogenesis? Google it...your logical conclusion doesnt answer the question about life beginnings rather it pushes it backward, if God did it, then who did God?
Religion isn't gonna come out with new arguments unfortunately...smfh
Was actually hoping for sth better, not this old recycled shi.t. *face palm*

1 Like

Re: Proof That God Exists by Immorttal: 6:41am On May 26, 2016
Humans always trying to explain what they can't understand. Am alive!!! Therefore God exists. If i am a God,i will be worried about my reputation.
I feel like sueing Jehovah to court for false asseveration of my existence. Jehovah (if @all he exists) was created by the same "Universe" that made me.A God who like the smell of meat and on numerous occassions ordered the israelites to sacrifise their firstborn son in the bible,what differentiates him from other gods like sango,odin,amadioha,zeus etc. A god who claimed to create humans cannot subject him to such horror. A god who incessantly uses the term "as long as i am living" denoting that he Himself was created and prone to extinction someday.Jehovah is just another 'demon'.Simple

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proof That God Exists by ifenes(m): 9:23am On May 26, 2016
Cutehector:
N/B: This is a lenghty topic, please read at a more convenient time. cool

We are constantly challenged by atheists, skeptics and hecklers to prove that there is a God.
It is difficult for natural man to believe in something that he cannot see, touch or feel. (1 Cor. 2:14)

Proof From Conscience

Rom 2:15, "They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness and their conflicting thoughts accuse or perhaps excuse them." this shows that the existence of God is written in the human conscience.

Acts 17:23, "For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, "To an unknown god." that means, conscience told these pagan worshippers that there is supreme being though they do not know him personally.

Some atheists may claim that their conscience does not tell them about God. It is doubtful if a genuine atheist can be found for at best they are men who have stilled conscience by blatant unbelief.

Some men are so blind that they may deny the existence of the sun in the sky but that does not alter the fact that the sun exists, rises and sets each day. None are so blind as those who refuse to see. Men deny the existence of God not because they cannot find him but because they are afraid to face the responsibility of being accountable to him after death.

If people say there is no God, then they are not responsible to anyone, that means they can live and die as they wish. But in the quieter moments of reflection, the conscience of every man whispers, "there is a God" and only fools deny it.

To look up and see an aircraft and not see the pilot and say that the plane is pilotless is as ridiculous as looking into the heavens and saying there is no Supreme Being simply because we cannot see him.

Few of us have ever seen our brains, yet we believe we possess a brain because of a centralized control system in the Body. Because we see creation, we believe there has to be a Creator, we believe in God.

A watch not only exists but it has a designer. It was planned for a specific purpose

A watch was not designed for mosquitoes to live in, it was designed by a keen mind for the purpose of accurately telling the time.

The Moral Argument (Anthropological)

Man has an intellectual and moral nature showing that the creator must not be merely an inanimate force but a living, intelligent moral Being.

Gen 1:26 "let us make man in our image, after our likeness."
Gen 1:27 God created man in the image and likeness of God, that is, patterned after him.
Psalm 94:9 "He that planted the ear, Doesn't he hear? He that formed the eye, doesn't he see? God has given to man ears, eyes, knowledge, intelligent, life, and will power for these things are the things he possesses. This means that the creator lives, sees, knows and has will power because man is made in the likeness of him.

Conscience teaches man right and wrong, good and bad: for the Creator is a moral being that is holy, and loves righteousness but abhors evil.

The Life Argument

Life comes from life and the original life must have come from a Being possessing eternal life, that is, life that existed before physical life was created.

Where can such life be found? It can only be found in God who possesses eternal life. Psa 36:9 "for with thee is the fountain (source) of life"

The apple fruit gets its life from the parent tree, the lamb from the mother sheep. But where did they get life from? We go back to the original creation

Jesus said in John 11:25 "I am....life and in John 14:6 "and I give unto them eternal life.

Life must have a beginning, the only logical answer is that the beginning is God.

Source: God's Answers to Man's Questions Page 7-8

Just another misguided black guy who believes the writings of 39 white authors of the bible. Not one single black authors sums up how racist your God is.

The Cainite view was that Cain was born white, but after his unacceptable sacrifice and the murder of his brother, Abel, he was turned black as punishment and became the progenitor of all black people. According to some of the rabbinic Midrashim (in both the Babylonian and Jerusalem Talmud), because Cain offered an unacceptable sacrifice, the smoke from this unacceptable sacrifice blew back on him, turned him black and caused all of his children to be born black. In another Talmudic story, a rabbi says that God beat Cain with hail until he turned black. Stories vary, but it became a common Euro-American belief that God cursed and marked Cain by turning him black

Therefore black slavery became OK as they are seen as wild beast. Of course the OP agrees with that. What a big idiot you are,coming here to prove his white God is indeed a true one. If you have such a mindset you deserve to be third class of course. Why would a white God bother saving a wild uncivilised beast you have accepted you are.

1 Like

Re: Proof That God Exists by dblackninja: 11:00am On May 26, 2016
@ cutehector Aren't you guys tired of all these old redundant conjectures you call proof!? Know what proof means, do your homework and try again.

Meanwhile check this out.. One guy made me post it-- very interesting cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEtfdzNAE74
Re: Proof That God Exists by Oluwaseytiano(m): 1:02pm On May 26, 2016
When will Christians understand the difference between faith and evidence
Re: Proof That God Exists by mrZENographer: 5:09pm On May 26, 2016
Immorttal:
Humans always trying to explain what they can't understand. Am alive!!! Therefore God exists. If i am a God,i will be worried about my reputation.
I feel like sueing Jehovah to court for false asseveration of my existence. Jehovah (if @all he exists) was created by the same "Universe" that made me.A God who like the smell of meat and on numerous occassions ordered the israelites to sacrifise their firstborn son in the bible,what differentiates him from other gods like sango,odin,amadioha,zeus etc. A god who claimed to create humans cannot subject him to such horror. A god who incessantly uses the term "as long as i am living" denoting that he Himself was created and prone to extinction someday.Jehovah is just another 'demon'.Simple

You are a blasphemer and you will eat everything you've vomited. You better repent of your wickedness and unbelief.
If you die in this wickedness, the demons will laugh at you and force you to eat your stinking shit and abomination in the lake of fire. And you will looking up and see that you are forever separated from God's goodness and mercy. And cry for your shame and stupidity.

Moreover you lack knowledge and understanding. Abraham was the only person God asked to offer his firstborn son, which was just a test. And Abraham became the Father of faith. He never sacrificed his son. But God sacrificed his own son for humanity to give us a chance from eternal death.

I can only but pity your soul for what you've said. I just hope my effort with touch you. In that day,it will be you vs God. Each to his own.
Re: Proof That God Exists by Immorttal: 5:14pm On May 26, 2016
mrZENographer:

You are a blasphemer and you will eat everything you've vomited. You better repent of your wickedness and unbelief.
If you die in this wickedness, the demons will laugh at you and force you to eat your stinking shit and abomination in the lake of fire. And you will looking up and see that you are forever separated from God's goodness and mercy. And cry for your shame and stupidity.

Moreover you lack knowledge and understanding. Abraham was the only person God asked to offer his firstborn son, which was just a test. And Abraham became the Father of faith. He never sacrificed his son. But God sacrificed his own son for humanity to give us a chance from eternal death.

I can only but pity your soul for what you've said. I just hope my effort with touch you. In that day,it will be you vs God. Each to his own.
ahhh!! Your illusory god can't harm a fly.
Reason: he is a nonentity

it seems i know this shiiit more than you

1The Lord said to Moses:
2Consecrate to me all the firstborn; whatever is the first to open the womb among the Israelites, of human beings and animals, is mine.
The association of humans with animals makes it clear that these firstborn humans are not being baptized or inducted into the priesthood.

3. Set apart to the Lord, the firstborn of livestock and your firstborn sons for redemption. When your child asks, what does it mean? You tell them it was because of Pharaoh's stubbornness, God killed the firstborn in Egypt. Therefore I sacrifice to the Lord my firstborn son for redemption.
Re: Proof That God Exists by mrZENographer: 5:14pm On May 26, 2016
Oluwaseytiano:
When will Christians understand the difference between faith and evidence

I like where it says "if the parts of watch was put into a can and shaken gently for a million years, it would never become a watch, much less work.

Maybe when man becomes extinct and robots thrive (as science postulates), the robots will give no credence to man for its existence.
Re: Proof That God Exists by Oluwaseytiano(m): 5:44pm On May 26, 2016
mrZENographer:

I like where it says "if the parts of watch was put into a can and shaken gently for a million years, it would never become a watch, much less work.

Maybe when man becomes extinct and robots thrive (as science postulates), the robots will give no credence to man for its existence.
and ur point is?
Re: Proof That God Exists by lepasharon(f): 7:37pm On May 26, 2016
dblackninja:
@ cutehector Aren't you guys tired of all these old redundant conjectures you call proof!? Know what proof means, do your homework and try again.

Meanwhile check this out.. One guy made me post it-- very interesting cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEtfdzNAE74
Re: Proof That God Exists by mrZENographer: 7:13pm On May 27, 2016
Immorttal:
ahhh!! Your illusory god can't harm a fly.
Reason: he is a nonentity

it seems i know this shiiit more than you

1The Lord said to Moses:
2Consecrate to me all the firstborn; whatever is the first to open the womb among the Israelites, of human beings and animals, is mine.
The association of humans with animals makes it clear that these firstborn humans are not being baptized or inducted into the priesthood.

3. Set apart to the Lord, the firstborn of livestock and your firstborn sons for redemption. When your child asks, what does it mean? You tell them it was because of Pharaoh's stubbornness, God killed the firstborn in Egypt. Therefore I sacrifice to the Lord my firstborn son for redemption.

Arguing with an arrogance person is fruitless. Solomon the wise said so. And Jesus said "it is not good to cast your precious pearls to swines". Indicating adamant unbelievers. However, here's my conclusion. Many of the characters mentioned in the bible were firstborn of their mothers and we're never sacrificed or burnt but dedicated to God.
Re: Proof That God Exists by Slimshady11: 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2016
science can only explain how tins hapn,nt wat makes dem hapn and any sane man shld knw dat d frog does not run in vain.lyk d law of momentum:action directly proportional to reaction(or sumtin lyk dat).D truth is notin except God himself can change d mind of an atheist

(1) (Reply)

Evangelism And Soul Winning / The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished / The Effect Of Sexual Immorality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.