Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Shame On Us, As Cotonou Is Changing - Dele Momodu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shame On Us, As Cotonou Is Changing - Dele Momodu (2846 Views)

Dele Momodu: Enough Of The Blame Game And Paranoia Of Buhari’s Cabinet / Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Shared By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shame On Us, As Cotonou Is Changing - Dele Momodu by Jaybee2412(m): 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2009
Right message, but wrong messenger.

You hit the nail on the head! Is n't he the one glorifying the looting politicians in his glossy magazine. Moreso moving his business base to Ghana is not in Nigeria interest. Cheer hypocrisy!
Re: Shame On Us, As Cotonou Is Changing - Dele Momodu by dgreatrock(m): 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2009
We hereby strip Dele Momodu of his citizenship!
Re: Shame On Us, As Cotonou Is Changing - Dele Momodu by Fawzzziyah: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2009
I live in Cotonou, and yes it is changing! There are a couple of new roads. Glo is in town, for all that's worth. And,, what else, I'm trying to think?
Oh yes! The people are more dubious than ever, poverty is at an all time high as government officials continue their pilferage of the little there is, utilitiy bills cost a bomb, and it seems if you are a foreigner, especially a Nigerian, you are targeted ALL the time.
Those of us that are here, call ourselves 'energy refugees'! If there was electricity in Nigeria, which is the pivot around which all else swings, we would be back home like yesterday.

Yes, Vodoo ( not Orisha ) is the official religion! And it shows, the people are both evil and diabolic. I wish all the people that are projecting that Benin will be the hub after Ghana, luck. What one needs is a six month stay minimum, among the people, not two nights at the Novotel!
I think when journalists come into town, they should interview those of us living here, instead of wining and dining with the very few indigenes, alot of who make their money from drugs and shady business deals.

" As Cotonou is changing ", so are the people staying the same,
Re: Shame On Us, As Cotonou Is Changing - Dele Momodu by Ochouba: 9:24am On Oct 16, 2009
Dele, just like our sports journalists, is a hypocrite of the highest order.  If he abhors corruption, why does he invent ovation magazine to praise benefits/beneficiaries of corruption.  He is just a typical owambe man with foods and drinks falling off his wide mouth.  Dele, you are certainly not better than any other Nigerian.
Re: Shame On Us, As Cotonou Is Changing - Dele Momodu by bibiking1(m): 9:45am On Oct 16, 2009
Fawzzziyah:

I live in Cotonou, and yes it is changing! There are a couple of new roads. Glo is in town, for all that's worth. And,, what else, I'm trying to think?
Oh yes! The people are more dubious than ever, poverty is at an all time high as government officials continue their pilferage of the little there is, utilitiy bills cost a bomb, and it seems if you are a foreigner, especially a Nigerian, you are targeted ALL the time.
Those of us that are here, call ourselves 'energy refugees'! If there was electricity in Nigeria, which is the pivot around which all else swings, we would be back home like yesterday.

Yes, Vodoo ( not Orisha ) is the official religion! And it shows, the people are both evil and diabolic. I wish all the people that are projecting that Benin will be the hub after Ghana, luck. What one needs is a six month stay minimum, among the people, not two nights at the Novotel!
I think when journalists come into town, they should interview those of us living here, instead of wining and dining with the very few indigenes, alot of who make their money from drugs and shady business deals.

" As Cotonou is changing ", so are the people staying the same,

I feel the passion in this response!.,,,,Where the hell does that pompous fellow stay? Ghana or Cotonou or.,,,,,,,?
His brand of journalism has been criticised over the years and rather than adjust he maintains it!
Re: Shame On Us, As Cotonou Is Changing - Dele Momodu by lewa(m): 5:51am On Oct 17, 2009
Dele Momodu is a nuisance, we all know that, his column is at best mediocre,asinine and just a forum to exhibit unrealistic delusional sense of worth, he should go and suck his thumb somewhere and stop assailing our good sense with poorly written columns.
That's the sad state of journalism now,
Re: Shame On Us, As Cotonou Is Changing - Dele Momodu by thameamead(f): 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2009
Dele Momodu needs to shut the f*** up. he hangs out with all these corrupt politics- "the muludu's and the mulubaje's", most of them pay him about £3,500 per event to feature in his magazine so if he wants change in nigerian, he needs to tell them off.

why d heck did he move his business to GHANA? he's a bloody hypocrite so am i for travelling to nigeria without a visa but am not a politician,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop Destroying PDP, Declare For APC Now, Afenifere Tells Obasanjo / National Assembly In Darkness (pictures) / Why Rivers State Poeple Will Miss Ameachi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.