Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,173 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Another Nairalander Bad Experience With Access Bank Plc - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Another Nairalander Bad Experience With Access Bank Plc (1185 Views)

Aminu Babangida Appointed As Chairman Of Unity Bank Plc / Shoptomydoor: My Bad Experience CAVEAT EMPTOR / My Bad Experience with a branch of Access Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Nairalander Bad Experience With Access Bank Plc by Assistance(m): 6:16pm On May 25, 2016
I have been mute on this issue for long but the truth is that it is eating me up.. I just kept quiet and try to forget it not until I saw a post this evening by someone that made front page on his experience with access bank.https://www.nairaland.com/3125754/bad-experience-branch-access-bank

Truth be told when one or two People voice out it makes sense..but sometimes people are just scared that no action will be taken since the country we are is just lawless where the rich ones,firms,industries treat their customers in a reckless manner and no punishment is being accorded to them..

Early March 2016, I opened an account with access bank and I transact with them, including mobile top up ( recharging airtime through your bank)
The normal code for access bank is *901*amount#
Whenever I want to recharge I use this code,since they withdraw the exact amount from my bank account balance.. This fateful I tried recharging with same method,I found out it wasn't going through. I checked my phone balance to be sure..nothing was their,I checked my bank account balance,my money was intact..I thought this could be a network issue..I tired recharging another 500naira after about an hour of the initial trial.. The same issue.. I stopped.. My money was still intact and my phone balance was empty..
I decided to opt out from trying.. After about a week,i discovered they were having issues with mobile sms recharge .I decided to transfer my money from the bank to another bank .Zenith bank..which makes use of *904*amount# to continue my airtime recharge,

Few weeks later,access bank sent hundreds of messages debiting me on the zero account about 1000+.. I immediately checked my phone recharge no airtime was given..so why debiting.. I still thought it was an error from their point.. Not until when someone credited my access bank account and immediately they withdrew my money for nothing.. I had to visit the Sagamu branch to complain.. After wasting my time for hours..I met a lady.. She asked my to write letter to that effect addressing to the GM Access Bank PLC on failed mobile topup. Which I did immediately, since March tilll now,they have been posting me,telling me one story or the other.. That I actually used the aritme and all that.. It cost me time and transport to their bank to and fro for more than 5 times,yet nothing was done..i left the money and the whole drama to God with them..cos I was really Spending more just to get my money back.

The bank isn't organised atall..no basic structures for their customers...

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Thanks
Re: Another Nairalander Bad Experience With Access Bank Plc by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 25, 2016
#TeamWemaBank

1 Like

Re: Another Nairalander Bad Experience With Access Bank Plc by Assistance(m): 6:42pm On May 25, 2016
Xbabangida:
#TeamWemaBank
lol
Re: Another Nairalander Bad Experience With Access Bank Plc by Adebayolove(m): 10:38pm On May 25, 2016
How I solve my complaints with Nigerian banks. I sent them a comprehensive email about the complaints and provide enough evidences as much as possible (screenshots, decline email, account statement, cbn circular etc as the case maybe). I give them enough time to respond (not more than 2 weeks). if they failed to resolve it, I copy CPD of CBN in the mail. Only on 1 occasion I had to escalate the issue to CBN because they usually resolve the issue. People should utilize this option often, it's easier and more cost effective.
They will be the one to call you if they need more info or clarifications.

I don't waste money calling there CS, In fact, I have never called any CS of any bank before despite the number of issues I have faced from banks in recent time. nor waste time visiting the banking hall to complain. I well crafted email does the job. And I never let anything slide, not even 5 Naira.
Re: Another Nairalander Bad Experience With Access Bank Plc by asids55: 1:55am On May 26, 2016
Xbabangida:
#TeamWemaBank
that bank still dey alive??
Re: Another Nairalander Bad Experience With Access Bank Plc by Assistance(m): 6:58am On May 26, 2016
asids55:

that bank still dey alive??
ehn
Re: Another Nairalander Bad Experience With Access Bank Plc by Rainmaker69(m): 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
Access Bank is such a useless bank. None of their mobile platforms ever work! Its always "system failure" report. What a failed bank! They need to improve on their customer services because i'm already calculating how to move all my money to another bank.

(1) (Reply)

An Ultimate Guide To Finders Fee / How To Start A Mini Digital Press Using Konica Minolta Printer( Fairly Use) / Black Oil For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.