Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,598 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook (82344 Views)

Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo Watching The Arrival Of Buhari On NTA (Photo) / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival At The Kaduna Airport / Christians Fueling Rumours About Buhari’s Health On Social Media – SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by fireforfire: 10:11am On May 26, 2016
48noble:
Uganda d HIV country?

Shut up.
B cos dey r saying d truth abi wetin?
I wonder y pple dnt see dat dia buhari era is a curse n nothin else.
He's bent on making Nigerians suffer.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by Ngozi123(f): 10:12am On May 26, 2016
CSTR6:
Your problem is igbo? It is igbos that control fiscal and economic policies, and blow pipelines?The same igbos that have not ruled your miserable country since forever while the rest of you were electing degenerates into power.
Hunger and poverty will finish off what remains of you very soon.

This is why I'm happy that Nigeria hasn't had an Igbo president since the days of Zik. Can you imagine the level of abuse he would be recieving by now? They're only doing what their ancestors have done since the inception of this country, "if all else fails, blame the Igbos". What I don't understand is why haven't these Igbo haters: stopped commenting online, joined IPOB and given them their entire life's savings in order to get rid of this 'Igbo problem' once and for all ?

1 Like

Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by IRserveMyComent(f): 10:21am On May 26, 2016
piagetskinner:

U this igbotic pikin get off my mentions.. Y should ur brothers worsen our situation by washing our dirty linens outside.?..if someone form another country tries to look for loopholes Against ur home county..the sensible and patriotic thing to do(even though the country might not deserve it) is to defend ur country.

I wan sleep...no time for grammar
yes thats the sensible thing to do. But Buhari was also not sensible enough to defend his country why should others defend him. My dear when Cameron told the whole world that Nigeria was most corrupt was Buhari patriotic enough to tell him its not true. He was rather interested in getting back the money why dragging Nigeria's name to the mud. Mr patriotic continue being patriotic let the bold ones speak.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by Sweetguy25: 10:23am On May 26, 2016
989900B:

Like I said, ask around from those who lived the era; not what is written online.

There was absolutely nothing to be proud of. Why didn't those years or periods of "pride" last? They were built on a faulty foundation. The governments that ruled were illegitimate, they stole power and threw the country into a war that left millions dead. Were the people in the eastern region proud that they lost millions of lives?
An illegitimate government is nothing to be proud of, no matter the benefits they bring. Take a look at libya.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by Ngozi123(f): 10:33am On May 26, 2016
MadCow1:
You know the world has come to an end when a Ugandan thinks they are better than Nigeria.. grin grin

Even in our worst state, Uganda will and shall never be better than Nigeria.

And to those low self esteemed Igbos who think joining those Ugandans to insult the nation of their birth would make Biafra happen any quicker please continue. One thing is for sure, the child who joins outsiders to call his fathers house a pig sty will still be known as the Guy whose fathers house is a pig sty.

I am Nigerian.. and proudly so.

#iAmNigerian..

Buhari's the one who taught us to insult our nation to foreigners.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by biodun83L(m): 10:35am On May 26, 2016
Newsi:
What's your problem with the Igbos? What gave they done to you? Igbo this, Igbo that. Instead of confronting the raw fact that your Lord and paymaster has squarely failed in the most basic of responsibilities you are here looking for Igbos to curse. Shame on you!
BY THUNDER BY FIRE GOD WILL DESTROY ALL IGBOS DAT HATE BUHARI
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by MadCow1: 10:36am On May 26, 2016
Ngozi123:

Buhari's the one who taught us to insult our nation to foreigners.

Fallacy..

The Oyinbos were already insulting us even before he showed up.

The interviewer asked him if Nigeria was corrupt, he said yes and that's the truth. But he didn't stop there, he also highlighted that we as a Nation were aggressively tackling this problem, but I never expected wailers to ever quote the full text.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by Excellentmind: 10:46am On May 26, 2016
biodun83L:
BY THUNDER BY FIRE GOD WILL DESTROY ALL IGBOS DAT HATE BUHARI

God will not only destroy you but also your lineage maternal and paternal. Ewo

Buhari is total failure, and even can dispute it.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by berrystunn(m): 10:47am On May 26, 2016
AntidaftMOD:
Even the ones who cannot construct a simple sentence without making mistakes are also calling Buhari an illiterate. Most of those people who commented there are some disgruntled elements from a particular section of the country. All I see them doing is blabbing, blabbing and continuous blabbing.

This hardship we are facing today is as a result of PDP's 16yrs of failure and massive looting (particularly from 2011 - 2015). They couldn't save for latter days even when it was visible to the blind, audible to the deaf, perceivable to the anosmia and vocal to the dumb that economic woe was sacrosanct for this country.

Lemme just rest my case for now.

Go and sleep, up till now you don't know anything
The hardship we are facing is lack of economy policy

His economy team is zero.

Abacha was on sanction for years yet fuel price and dollars did not change.
With good economy team.

Looting started since 1960..

Corruption is even on the high side in this govt.
Your buhari promise to declare asset publicly with his team if elected.

Using permanent sec to approve money for over 3month, who did he account to?!
He promise to cut cost, yet flying out of the country cost 1m dollars.

Don't worry very soon you will join forces to call on buhari to step down.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by colli247(m): 10:48am On May 26, 2016
Mynd44:
See crude and shameless display of ethno-religious bigotry from Nigerians.

Smh
u for say religious-tribalistic that's the problem of naija
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by Ngozi123(f): 10:48am On May 26, 2016
MadCow1:

Fallacy..

The Oyinbos were already insulting us even before he showed up.

The interviewer asked him if Nigeria was corrupt, he said yes and that's the truth. But he didn't stop there, he also highlighted that we as a Nation were aggressively tackling this problem, but I never expected wailers to ever quote the full text.

That's not even the comment I was referring to; the fact that there is more than one example of this proves my point even more.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by 989900B: 10:50am On May 26, 2016
Sweetguy25:

There was absolutely nothing to be proud of. Why didn't those years or periods of "pride" last? They were built on a faulty foundation. The governments that ruled were illegitimate, they stole power and threw the country into a war that left millions dead. Were the people in the eastern region proud that they lost millions of lives?
An illegitimate government is nothing to be proud of, no matter the benefits they bring. Take a look at libya.

The war ended in 1970.

Despite military rule, we could go anywhere easily with or without visa -- it wasn't a biggie -- we were respected as tourists and students mostly. Things started falling totally apart at around '88 after IBB's greed/cluelessness.

We didn't queue for fuel, we had refineries exporting refined fuel!

Our educational system was better; our public schools were good -- I'd tell you my aunts and uncles who did just 'modern school' in the 50s and 60s (equivalent to form 3, or JSS3) have better command of the English language than most degree holders today -- more disciplined and use their rationale instinct better.

The fact that you would compare us to present Libya, buttresses my fact about real life experience vs online articles.

Shagari was a democratically elected president, but he looted the treasury, same goes for Jonathan.

This is not a democratic gov't vs military thing either, however, bottom line, Nigeria was good then.

Few Nigerians would opt to live in foreign countries then. We came back home from New Jersey.
Other family friends and relatives of ours relocated back from the UK, Germany, and e.t.c. after completing their studies and working for a little while.
Nigerians rarely go to non-English speaking countries then, now you have Nigerians being refused visas by countries like Vietnam, U.A.E, Qatar, Ukraine, and Cambodia -- I know right.
Nigerians didn't know about used 'Tokunbo' cars until the late 80s, we used to buy brand new cars, carton of milk; not sachet, carton of sugar; not 'didi' . . . power generators were for factories and companies -- most homes didn't have one -- they didn't need it . . . I can go on for forever . . .
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by 989900B: 10:54am On May 26, 2016
berrystunn:

Go and sleep, up till now you don't know anything
The hardship we are facing is lack of economy policy

His economy team is zero.

Abacha was on sanction for years yet fuel price and dollars did not change.
With good economy team.

Looting started since 1960..

Corruption is even on the high side in this govt.
Your buhari promise to declare asset publicly with his team if elected.

Using permanent sec to approve money for over 3month, who did he account to?!
He promise to cut cost, yet flying out of the country cost 1m dollars.

Don't worry very soon you will join forces to call on buhari to step down.

Abacha years were evil years.

Dollar was N22 at CBN; N88 at BM . . . good economic team, I hear you.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by berrystunn(m): 10:59am On May 26, 2016
989900B:

Abacha years were evil years.

Dollar was N22 at CBN; N88 at BM . . . good economic team, I hear you.

Yes best results any govt could get with sanction.

Did we face this type of hardship??
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by Ngozi123(f): 11:03am On May 26, 2016
tiger28:
Comments are from 80% Igbos.......still bitter after 1 year??been Miscalculating since the beginning of time!

Not really undecided. The people who are the most bitter are those who supported and trusted Buhari in the build up to the elections but have been bitterly disappointed since then. We 5%ers knew exactly how this administration would run its course and many of us feel more vindicated than bitter.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by Maghan37: 11:14am On May 26, 2016
I can see stupidity extends to all parts of Africa 4 a country who exchange the continents worst dictator for another dictator citizens to speak of issues they knw nothin about. No wonder they keep going backwards even in their own subregion they cannot talk. That is why they will always produce another Idi amin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by 989900B: 11:17am On May 26, 2016
berrystunn:

Yes best results any govt could get with sanction.

Did we face this type of hardship??

Abacha ruled for 4 years, and those were arguably the worst years in this country's history, bar '66 -'70 (civil war).

From killer squads, to embargoes, restriction of movement, no jobssss, strikes upon strikes, foreign companies leaving in droves, no new ones wiling to invest in Nigeria. A few people could have had it easy then, as one man's dilemma is another man's opportunity, but overall, it was anarchy.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by 989900B: 11:18am On May 26, 2016
Maghan37:
I can see stupidity extends to all parts of Africa 4 a country who exchange the continents worst dictator for another dictator citizens to speak of issues they knw nothin about. No wonder they keep going backwards even in their own subregion they cannot talk. That is why they will always produce another Idi amin.

Shame on Uganda.

1 Like

Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by Babacele: 11:19am On May 26, 2016
989900B:

The war ended in 1970.

Despite military rule, we could go anywhere easily with or without visa -- it wasn't a biggie -- we were respected as tourists and students mostly. Things started falling totally apart at around '88 after IBB's greed/cluelessness.

Our educational system was better; our public schools were good -- I'd tell you my aunts and uncles who did just 'modern school' in the 50s and 60s (equivalent to form 3, or JSS3) have better command of the English language than most degree holders today -- more disciplined and use their rationale instinct better.

The fact that you would compare us to present Libya, buttresses my fact about real life experience vs online articles.

Shagari was a democratically elected president, but he looted the treasury, same goes for Jonathan.

This is not a democratic gov't vs military thing either, however, bottom line, Nigeria was good then.

Few Nigerians would opt to live in foreign countries then. We came back home from New Jersey.
Other family friends and relatives of ours relocated back from the UK, Germany, and e.t.c. after completing their studies and working for a little while.
Nigerians rarely go to non-English speaking countries then, now you have Nigerians being refused visas by countries like Vietnam, U.A.E, Qatar, Ukraine, and Cambodia -- I know right.
Nigerians didn't know about used 'Tokunbo' cars until the late 80s, we used to buy brand new cars, carton of milk; not sachet, carton of sugar; not 'didi' . . . power generators were for factories and companies -- most homes didn't have one -- they didn't need it . . . I can go on for forever . . .
you are absolutely right...
my dad did some courses at Holborn college ,England without leaving naija through correspondence and exchanged N12 for £12 postal charges inclusive which means naira was stronger than the pounds sterling. Even under Shagari, though bad but Buhari curtailed d mess until the coming of Ibb , it was hell let loose.....hence we became alarmed when the clueless 1 allowed him hijacked his administration n was fronting the puppet for a 2nd term to finish the country or how do I explain d assassination of Azazi n the coming in of Gusau, Dasuki n other Ibb boys?.......or how do i explain d sudden love between Dokpesi ,another ibb boy, whom the GEJ administration had earlier accused of being complicit in the Oct 1st bombing?...or the assassination attempt on PMB by this clique 24 hours after GEJ replied PMB's letter upbraiding him in 2014 ?...but God pass. Your points are so true, very true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by felix000000(m): 11:20am On May 26, 2016
Despite of so many impunities during d last Govt of GEJ i still prefer it to this change that has turned to chain. God na ur hand we dey.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by 989900B: 11:23am On May 26, 2016
Babacele:
you are absolutely right...
my dad did some courses at Holborn college ,England without leaving naija through correspondence and exchanged N12 for £12 postal charges inclusive which means naira was stronger than the pounds sterling. Even under Shagari, though bad but Buhari curtailed d mess until the coming of Ibb , it was hell let loose.....hence we became alarmed when the clueless 1 allowed him hijacked his administration n was fronting the puppet for a 2nd term to finish the country or how do I explain d assassination of Azazi n the coming in of Gusau, Dasuki n other Ibb boys?.......or how do i explain d sudden love between Dokpesi ,another ibb boy, whom the GEJ administration had earlier accused of being complicit in the Oct 1st bombing?...or the assassination attempt on PMB by this clique 24 hours after GEJ replied PMB's letter upbraiding him in 2014 ?...but God pass. Your points are so true, very true.

That was IBB and Dasuki. It would be strange if they had no hand in it.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by OBAGADAFFI: 11:32am On May 26, 2016
989900B:

The war ended in 1970.

You people wont stop giving Nigerian this lame excuse about Shagari and Jonathan.

Isn't it a coincidence that the same Buhari who took over from Shagari and Jonathan, always left the economy in ruins.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by AntidaftMOD: 11:33am On May 26, 2016
maxzzo1:

Foolish man....is Buhari not am illiterate Blame PDP 4 his illiteracy.... So far rating is concern Buhari is d worse head of state if u argue name one impact of Buhari if not negative impact?

Rating is 'concerned' not concern! Do you now realize that you're the illiterate here?

1 Like

Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by thugthang(m): 11:34am On May 26, 2016
The account could be of an ipad
obailala:
All I see are a large bunch of wailers primarily from a particular side of the country leading 2 of their Ugandan friends to spew garbage to the admiration and excitement of the wailers.

More Nigerians are involved in the exchange so I wonder how this can be the opinion of Ugandans. grin
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by AntidaftMOD: 11:35am On May 26, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Your eye kwarrect grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by 989900B: 11:36am On May 26, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

[s]You people wont stop giving Nigerian this lame excuse about Shagari and Jonathan.[/s]

[s]Isn't it a coincidence that the same Buhari who took over from Shagari and Jonathan, always left the economy in ruins.[/s]
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by Nobody: 11:36am On May 26, 2016
godoluwa:
fighting corruption but Amaechi still walks free?
ur evidence please.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by berrystunn(m): 11:40am On May 26, 2016
989900B:

Abacha ruled for 4 years, and those were arguably the worst years in this country's history, bar '66 -'70 (civil war).

From killer squads, to embargoes, restriction of movement, no jobssss, strikes upon strikes, foreign companies leaving in droves, no new ones wiling to invest in Nigeria. A few people could have had it easy then, as one man's dilemma is another man's opportunity, but overall, it was anarchy.

Did fuel and dollars, fly up and down??
Buhari government foreign companies pull out and non is wiling to invest in Nigeria with his type of policy..

With the Monitoring policy no investors will invest in Nigeria.

With his economy team, hardship is just starting.
Watch and see.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by 989900B: 11:51am On May 26, 2016
berrystunn:

Did fuel and dollars, fly up and down??
Buhari government foreign companies pull out and non is wiling to invest in Nigeria with his type of policy..

With the Monitoring policy no investors will invest in Nigeria.

With his economy team, hardship is just starting.
Watch and see.

It is difficult right now, no doubt!!

Like you rightly said, let's watch and see. It is still too early to pass a verdict on a government of 4 years in 1 year of no money, and a wrecked economy. In 18-24 months time, we can start passing judgements. This administration might not have gotten everything right, but I tell you, we are on a better path . . . I see better days if they don't relent, and listen more.
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by OBAGADAFFI: 12:16pm On May 26, 2016
[quote author=989900B post=45983468][/quote]

grin grin grin grin

That is what you get from blockheads called Zombies
Re: See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook by Sweetguy25: 12:20pm On May 26, 2016
989900B:

The war ended in 1970.

How can a country that just lost over two million people in a civil war be good? Did the people in the eastern region feel that Nigeria was good?

Also, Nigerians weren't travelling to Vietnam, Cambodia and UAE because they were as undeveloped as Nigeria.
I mentioned Libya to buttress my point that dictatorships are not a good thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Was Colonialism Good For Africa? / Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG / Hope Uzodinma With Father Mbaka During The Prophetic Declaration On January 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.