Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. (2295 Views)

No Network Adapter In My Network Places / Please Help Me With My Network/cafe Timer Connecion / I Can't Access My Ftp Server Outside My Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by moh(m): 7:40am On Aug 21, 2009
hi !!!
pls can any1 help me i use a nokia 3g (6280) phone with freedom, at first it was giving me 460.8kbps and after formating my system it is now giving me 115.4kbps. pls i need help. i use windows vista os.
Re: 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by calmguyj(m): 8:00am On Aug 21, 2009
you can even increase it to 921kbps.

It will be hard for me explaining the step now. I'll paste a screen shot on how to go about it soon
Re: 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by calmguyj(m): 10:46am On Aug 21, 2009
My phone ain't connecting now, just click on the connection icon on the far right below

then click on network & sharing centre, next click view status and then properties

click on configure then u should see a drop down where u can choose ur modem speed
Re: 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by tunde300us(m): 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2009
Am sure u didnt install that thing urself at start,it mite be a bit difficult cos its vista and u mite end up changing the wrong thing finally.So look for someone with some computer knowledge,nd please i didnt say go to computer village oh !
Re: 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by vezycash(m): 12:48am On Aug 22, 2009
luck you - I pay over 16k for internet connection and almost never had up to 70kpbs eva!
Talked to the customer service and they seemed to want to help for a while and after a while,
no response. for over a month.

I wouldn't mind you teaching me how to use the freedom thing.
Re: 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by emisun(m): 10:16am On Aug 22, 2009
wow u guys are even getting that speed!.down here in umuahia what we get is 3kps when at it best its 5kps.hmm am really angry at them.they better get 3.5G to every nook cranny of this country.
Re: 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2009
I can see that peeps here are confusing kilobits (kbps) with kilobytes (k[b]B[/b]ps)

since 8 bits make 1 byte, 115.4kbps equals 14.4kBps

emisun:

wow u guys are even getting that speed!.down here in umuahia what we get is 3kps when at it best its 5kps.hmm am really angry at them.they better get 3.5G to every nook cranny of this country.
when at it's best, you get 40kbps

vezycash:

luck you - I pay over 16k for internet connection and almost never had up to 70kpbs eva!
Talked to the customer service and they seemed to want to help for a while and after a while,
no response. for over a month.

I wouldn't mind you teaching me how to use the freedom thing.
in otherword, you want to get something above 560 kbps, meaning you are getting far better connection than the poster.

@poster, the most efficient way to test your internet connection speed is to download any file from your ISP's server, using a multithreaded download manager, Multithreaded in the sense that you can download a single file using as many threads as possible.
IDM and IDA supports this, then check the download rate displayed.

the 115.4kbps displayed by your connection icon when you connect is not the connection speed, it is the port speed
it can be liked to having an express road, if you like, you can ply the road with a trailer (broadband-like connection) or a biycle (very slow connection)
the road will take both.
the 115.4kbps settings should be tweaked if you intend to use a connection speed higher that 115kbps
although, if such connection comes, the port has been developed to allow it anyway.
Re: 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by 4llerbe(m): 6:46pm On Aug 22, 2009
really pls someone explain this thing properly. there was one chap swearing by everything in sight that u culd up the port speed of a fone. my k800 4 some strange reason connects on 115 kbps. and its a 3g fone o! but my oda fones are 460kbps which was y i was interested. is dis true, thigh i feel is highly unlikely and if so hw can 1 do that. the how to the guy posted din not work. infact how can u possibly improve the hardware capability without changing the hardware??
Re: 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by tunde300us(m): 7:11pm On Aug 22, 2009
Its really hard to explain cos i tut from what webdezzi said it shld be cleared to u dat ur modem speed isnt necessary the amount of bandwidth ure using.
If u have a 4inch diameter pipe and u pass water of say 1 inch diameter through it,it dosent make any difference with someone who has a 1inch diameter pipe and passes water of of the same size throught it.The only difference is dat in ur own case there is room for more if it is available.
Dont let anyone take a kobo from you oh !
Re: 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by init4dmoni(m): 8:56pm On Aug 22, 2009
go to control panel and click on network and sharing (tink dat's what is shown on vista)
i'm not sure but i think it's connection status

Re: 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by moh(m): 6:21am On Aug 24, 2009
@calmguyj. pls how do i increase the speed to 921 kpbs ? but does it really increase the speed or just the figure, cos sm1 is also on 921 kpbs and the speed is of no difference as dat of 460.8kpbs. pls i will want u to paste on hw 2 go about it.
tanx bro.
Re: 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by calmguyj(m): 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2009
Follow the step displayed by init4dmoni, then be able to increase your modem speed which may improve your internet speed.

But if it's still slow mail or send your email add so dat I'll send u onspeed setup to boost the speed.

08028404172/calmguyj@yahoo.ca
Re: 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by vezycash(m): 3:59pm On Aug 24, 2009
omo no vex oh! I've done that stuff b4 b4 it does not increase nothing. Just for show.

My download speed unfortunately is lower than my upload speed, the speed test that you talked bout
earlier is being done on a daily basis I use a software which shows my upload, download speed all the timee.

don't know what to do other than to shout here.
Re: 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. by Popup22: 12:14pm On Feb 18
Howdy! Lack of internet access widens the digital divide between people living in cities and those in remote areas. Starlink effectively solves this big problem by providing satellite Internet to everyone at an affordable price. Users write about all the advantages and disadvantages of using such an Internet in starlink reviews analyzing which everyone can decide for themselves whether such services are suitable for them and whether it is worth buying equipment from this company.

(1) (Reply)

MS Windows Server 2003 And 2008 Configuration, Wired And Wireless Network/pabx / ✈✳✅ SOLD❎❎❎ Ultraslim Sleek Design Hp Folio 1040 Core I7 / Nigeria And Software Piracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.