Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo (21866 Views)

Pictures You Can Relate To If You Attended Government Schools In The 90s. / Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? / 15 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Attended UNIPORT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by DrChukzy(m): 7:27am On May 26, 2016
Lol. I can relate. Boarding skul na Prison jor!
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by nuggarito: 7:28am On May 26, 2016
That one na boarding school?? Please visit a catholic boarding school and see the difference, una even get provision sef

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by bablononi(m): 7:30am On May 26, 2016
FGC Odogbolu

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by bablononi(m): 7:31am On May 26, 2016
nuggarito:
That one na boarding school?? Please visit a catholic boarding school and see the difference, una even get provision sef
hahahaha my friend that went to a Catholic school mehn. I can relate
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by hericjames(m): 7:31am On May 26, 2016
Lagos state model college badore we suffer die dey go gv u bluetea green pap dat time (sap)sufferness after provision ur locker don dry red night faping school two badore student will understand nobody suffer reach me for school

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Wizkoko(m): 7:32am On May 26, 2016
Those days it was like they cursed me with late coming. If you like wake me up by 1:00AM, I will still arrive at the class after 7:30.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Swazzkid(m): 7:33am On May 26, 2016
And also d rap crew thinking dat dey got wat it takes to be d nxt naija rapper ,
also d students who are professional movers coz u can't dere call den thieves ,
d ones dat will move ya cutlery, pens, clothes n even books and d next minute u can't even recognize ur items u would even deny ur items wen dey ask u if it's urs(lol)..
n not to forget d master key holders operating from locker to another

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by DrChukzy(m): 7:35am On May 26, 2016
PlayerMeji:
Unity Secondary School, Ode-Aye, Ondo State
Unity School, Ahgbaro, Delta State

I feel thee!!!!
u attended Unity Ode-Aye?
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by nuggarito: 7:35am On May 26, 2016
bablononi:
hahahaha my friend that went to a Catholic school mehn. I can relate
no be small thing O, I hear am for there, na that time I know say not all priest are kind hearted or soft, some are beast and professionals in handling canes.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Swazzkid(m): 7:37am On May 26, 2016
nobody suffer reach me for school[/quote]

ipo.......went to sch with d big Ghana must go filled with MA stuffs but only came back with my school bag and a polythene bag.. dey stole up to my underwears

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by NizyO01(f): 7:37am On May 26, 2016
Oh u forgot to add witchcraft activities,miss koikoi,pink lady,jacking of lockers,some seniors not wanting to go to the dinning cos they don't want guys to think they are food mongers,night prep and it's activities...lol..i remember how I ran home from sch as a junior student,under the pretence that I was sick and needed to threat myself and my mum decided to take me back to sch,oh God u need to see the way I chased after the vehicle as it was leaving,if I could I would have jakie chand my way into that car... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by mebad(m): 7:42am On May 26, 2016
Every fresher was made to sing and dance on their first night . I hold the record for crying while I was in JSS1 ... I really suffered in bapist boys high sch abk
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Swazzkid(m): 7:43am On May 26, 2016
NizyO01:
Oh u forgot to add witchcraft activities,miss koikoi,pink lady,jacking of lockers,some seniors not wanting to go to the dinning cos they don't want guys to think they are food mongers,night prep and it's activities...lol..i remember how I ran home from sch as a junior student,under the pretence that I was sick and needed to threat myself and my mum decided to take me back to sch,oh God u need to see the way I chased after the vehicle as it was leave,if I could I would have jakie chand my way into that car... grin grin grin
my dear dat miss koikoi made me shevered whenever I walked alone in d dark either coming from my late computer lesson from d computer lab or over staying in d prep class....... nt to 4get d bush baby story(lol dose days sha)

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by DeleSuper1: 7:45am On May 26, 2016
9. Lusbianism/Omosexulality
This portion is neglected by the developer of this story. This is exactly where chances are given to generate all sort of atrocities, immoralities etc.

10. Cultism
In the event of proving seniority at schools comes in this very motive where different kind of gangs, groups are being formed in order to enhance their power and activities so as to gain more freedom.

So therefore, going to boarding house is far more than that 8 initial experience listed up there.

BOARDING HOUSE IS A BUNDESLIGA!!!

Gerarahere joo.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by PlayerMeji: 7:46am On May 26, 2016
DrChukzy:
u attended Unity Ode-Aye?

Yes bro!!!

Left in '93 for Unity School, Agbharo, Delta state
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Adeyinka1758(m): 7:47am On May 26, 2016
I dislike boarding kids in school except for those dat are matured enough
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by stiflerdrug: 7:51am On May 26, 2016
TrollTrap:
Lol you forgot to add these:

Scaling the fence and going home/going to the market to get more provisions/watch football match

Selling/cooking indomie, rice, spag, yam lol ( cryI miss them days Meehn)

When you call uncle or Aunty or parents to send airtime so you could sell it and use the money. So now you're walking around the hostels in search of a buyergrin

Feigning sickness when it's time for labour lol

Hiding under the bunk during labour

"Taxing" junior students on resumption day or visiting day.

Making your school sons get you something to eat angry

General lashing:the day of reckoning, I always dreaded this day as a junior student. After the lashing Na your body go tell una cry
Lol so true.. exactly same with my sch.. wasn't der till my senior year tho..so I only suffered
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by PAnaceA7(m): 7:52am On May 26, 2016
My Experience at St Gregory's College
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by bablononi(m): 7:53am On May 26, 2016
NizyO01:
Oh u forgot to add witchcraft activities,miss koikoi,pink lady,jacking of lockers,some seniors not wanting to go to the dinning cos they don't want guys to think they are food mongers,night prep and it's activities...lol..i remember how I ran home from sch as a junior student,under the pretence that I was sick and needed to threat myself and my mum decided to take me back to sch,oh God u need to see the way I chased after the vehicle as it was leave,if I could I would have jakie chand my way into that car... grin grin grin
madam koikoi and her missing one leg of shoe

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by stiflerdrug: 7:54am On May 26, 2016
my experience was terrible Lol.. I couldn't stay till senior year.. they stole almost err thing I got.. I only suffered didn't enjoy reign as senior tho
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by bablononi(m): 7:57am On May 26, 2016
DeleSuper1:
9. Lusbianism/Omosexulality
This portion is neglected by the developer of this story. This is exactly where chances are given to generate all sort of atrocities, immoralities etc.

10. Cultism
In the event of proving seniority at schools comes in this very motive where different kind of gangs, groups are being formed in order to enhance their power and activities so as to gain more freedom.

So therefore, going to boarding house is far more than that 8 initial experience listed up there.

BOARDING HOUSE IS A BUNDESLIGA!!!

Gerarahere joo.
boarding house guys all know this. She cant mention all nah.
How about two seniors calling you just to test rep?
Teachers reporting seniors they are scared of to other teachers?
When u report a senior and the teacher tells the senior to take care of you that u are his brother and in ur mind u know ure dead. Lmao
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by feldido(m): 7:59am On May 26, 2016
Chai Op, u nailed it.
Back then I was so small(but I wasn't the youngest) that my classmates bully me.
I was known as Lastborn, so junior students call me senior Lastborn. Hehehehe.

Aboy there! Last Man.

Boys Model Sec Schl. Patani, Delta State.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Chikabel: 8:02am On May 26, 2016
Abia State Senior Science School, Ihie, Chai my God! Wetin I no see?! Was it farming for teachers in the name of agricultural practical, abi fetching water for teachers, inspection, your own; water and food committee boys giving their own classmates work and breaking their plates anyhow; impromptu speeches(i loved this one but sha towards the time for the most senior students to hand over their posts, na die be that. No matter how you explain the topic, you must go and stand on stage after receiving correct "busky" on your back in front of the whole school); abi village boys chasing us after night prep, and as we race to our hostel screaming, some girls must have fallen down with their cries of chest pain grin, abi those nyama nyama village boys peeping through our bathroom windows as we bathe, kai . Nna eh, na God save person. But sha, I might not have turned out well if I had not attended that school. They shaped my life. From 2012 till months ago when I was still living on the last floor of my hostel in school, I could go downstairs to fetch water, fill up every container I have and still be waxing strong( that school turned me into "jaki"wink grin. Thank God for that life, I look back and I don't regret it!

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by olive282(f): 8:05am On May 26, 2016
I didnt go to a boardin skul...i always wanted to go....buh den again m happy i didnt...my frnds der would complain of hw terrible it was..de neva got exposed to real life nd as a result...re easily mislead in d uni....proudly EX-UNSSECITE

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by gykes(m): 8:06am On May 26, 2016
Singing......" when I remember Feddy, water runs down from my eyes, ayeeee ayeeee water runs down from my eyes"

Ooooh I remember my days at Federal Government College Port Harcourt like it was yesterday.

Glory House, Tuck shop, Basketball Court (the perfect spot to skip classes), NEW Assembly Hall, Mr. Okon (this guy's peanut is still the best Ive had), Technical Drawing/carpenter's workshop (the one place no girl visits and returns the same grin ), Music Theatre (my Secret Chamber - where I and my reverend sister have our Bible fellowship wink ).....

Red Nights, Rising, morning jogging (I still maintain the culture of jogging on Tuesdays, Thursdays -this morning and Saturdays), Committee of Committed Dinning Grubbers (Food Gluttons), Gate Crashing, MOPO - Movement Of People Outside, NAS - Non Academic Students (truants)..... MEMORIES cry

boys are now men

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by czarr(m): 8:17am On May 26, 2016
olive282:
I didnt go to a boardin skul...i always wanted to go....buh den again m happy i didnt...my frnds der would complain of hw terrible it was..de neva got exposed to real life nd as a result...re easily mislead in d uni....proudly EX-UNSSECITE
wtf!
They were more exposed to the real life than you!
They learn to be independent earlier!wtf are you talking about....which one be real life.
Nobody who attended boarding house can be misled in uni as as how na.
They are the more matured and strong willed ones...just say you no fit relate!no dey talk trash.

Day students are halfbaked mommy's pet....and can hardly handle challenges thrown at them... Can you imagine you come home everyday to eat and sleep and you say you know real life?....

Them done forget you for school before?.....and you manage with garri for months that's real life!

Representing NNSS PH

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by olive282(f): 8:21am On May 26, 2016
czarr:
wtf!
They were more exposed to the real life than you!
They learn to be independent earlier!wtf are you talking about....which one be real life.
Nobody who attended boarding house can be misled in uni as as how na.
They are the more matured and strong willed ones...just say you no fit relate!no dey talk trash.

Day students are halfbaked mommy's pet....and can hardly handle challenges thrown at them... Can you imagine you come home everyday to eat and sleep and you say you know real life?....

Them done forget you for school before?.....and you manage with garri for months that's real life!

Representing NNSS PH

Dats ur view....we aint talkin abt dsame tin
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by sorepco(m): 8:21am On May 26, 2016
Leave wey go boarding to remrmber back in de days na!!
amzee:
Somebody should please summarise all this epistle for me.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Uwem2009(m): 8:23am On May 26, 2016
Cant forget how we use to hide pots and stove in the ceilings during inspection day by our patron..
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by czarr(m): 8:24am On May 26, 2016
olive282:

Dats ur view....we aint talkin abt dsame tin
I think we are tho.
Your school in full please...
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by fleksy: 8:26am On May 26, 2016
i recall playing a fast one on a wicked senior back in boarding school. the guy too dey beat we the juniors. he is so lazy he can hardly do anything without beckoning on juniors to do.

I wrapped mosquitonet around my body with my face fully covered and a koboko in my hand. I now went to where the guy sleeps. I feigned masquerade voice while giving him 'tasere' on his body so he may feel the pains he inflicted on us. o'l boy the guy screamed and shouted ghost and people in the room all struggled to leave through the window while I disappeared though the main door full of smiles at my actions.

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by uzo4real(m): 8:29am On May 26, 2016
Boarding school was were I meant how to lure a goat and kill it without much noise.... FGC .......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heritage Polytechnic, Eket, Akwa Ibom State Admit New Students / National Common Entrance Examination [NCEE] Past Questions And Answers / 2013/2014 Unilag Foundation Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.