Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo (21865 Views)

Pictures You Can Relate To If You Attended Government Schools In The 90s. / Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? / 15 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Attended UNIPORT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by queenfav(f): 8:30am On May 26, 2016
Perfecttouch:
I still say it,if you attended FGC IBILLO 1995-2002,nothing thrown at u in this world will affect u.i still say it, after soldiers,fear FGC IBILLO boys
lol..FGC na rugged school o..Most confra guys started their career there.All those crew /set up clashes,i saw people being stabbed repeatedly..
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by olive282(f): 8:31am On May 26, 2016
czarr:
I think we are tho.
Your school in full please...

University of nigeria secondary school enugu campus
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by czarr(m): 8:37am On May 26, 2016
olive282:

University of nigeria secondary school enugu campus
serious?good school,
I school at unec tho
You still in Enugu? wink
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by olive282(f): 8:42am On May 26, 2016
czarr:
serious?good school,
I school at unec tho
You still in Enugu? wink

Yea
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:44am On May 26, 2016
The only thing significant to all boarders na "Biscuit soakssss".
-Cabin biscuit,
-Milk,
-sugar &
-water & you are good to go.
Call it "flakes" or "soaks" that's one thing all boarders can relate to.
Shi-t, I still do that flakes often ,lol....1 boarding school habit that's hard to drop
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by czarr(m): 8:45am On May 26, 2016
olive282:

Yea
nsukka?
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by olive282(f): 8:49am On May 26, 2016
czarr:
nsukka?

I came out of unssec last yr...nd m hopin to gt unn dz yr....buh m currently in enugu
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by czarr(m): 8:54am On May 26, 2016
olive282:

I came out of unssec last yr...nd m hopin to gt unn dz yr....buh m currently in enugu
okay,I'm on my IT atm,but if you're down,we could meet up...if you're down that is.
I could pm you if you don't mind.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by JohnQueen(m): 8:57am On May 26, 2016
I remember when my pillow was stolen and I had to stuff my pillowcase with things to look like a pillow just for inspection. Hail FGC Ikot Ekpene.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Nobody: 8:58am On May 26, 2016
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by LNUGGETS(m): 9:03am On May 26, 2016
Water scarcity and seniors be like "All Jss 3 juniors put 1 bailer of water inside my bucket"
Last junior
Horrible hostel and sunday wears
In my school then, some seniors had a portion of students who do different chores for them "wash socks, buy limca or gold spot for lunch, buy akara for bread, iron skirt, wash skirt, wash shirt etc. I was in charge of the socks lol.
Go and look for physics text book in the middle of the night cry
Morning prayers by 4:30 ( I so hated this)
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by MoNickk(f): 9:03am On May 26, 2016
yay! I went to boarding sch n can totally relate except that food part. my sch never joked with food o. the day we were served sliced bread cos our bakery had a problem,our principal came to personally apologise. Sunday meals consisted of jollof rice,boiled egg,chicken n tea after service n bread n moi moi for dinner. it was great. my kids must go to boarding sch n learn how to be independent.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by youngice(m): 9:05am On May 26, 2016
TrollTrap:
Lol you forgot to add these:

Scaling the fence and going home/going to the market to get more provisions/watch football match

Selling/cooking indomie, rice, spag, yam lol ( cryI miss them days Meehn)

When you call uncle or Aunty or parents to send airtime so you could sell it and use the money. So now you're walking around the hostels in search of a buyergrin

Feigning sickness when it's time for labour lol

Hiding under the bunk during labour

"Taxing" junior students on resumption day or visiting day.

Making your school sons get you something to eat angry

General lashing:the day of reckoning, I always dreaded this day as a junior student. After the lashing Na your body go tell una cry
Which federal school did you attend
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Samoo4christ(m): 9:07am On May 26, 2016
Is lyk a training ground.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by youngice(m): 9:14am On May 26, 2016
kiss They seized all my pots and stoves during raids
Three in total
Uwem2009:
Cant forget how we use to hide pots and stove in the ceilings during inspection day by our patron..
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Blessograo(f): 9:31am On May 26, 2016
for me i suffered alot in my first year cos it was so difficult to adapt cos i was one of the 5 students who came from Lag to Ekiti state in a small village but after the first year i became more reserved as in to the extent i slapped my so called school mother for stealing my 900g milo just because i don't take chocolate and i disowned her and insulted the seniour who tried to punish me and even rejected the punishment. and i burnt the mattress of my classmate who bullied me, i snuk out of school for fresh air when i was frustrated and any teacher or principal who punishes me recieved a call from my granny, lol. But i hardly eat at the Dining hall cos i really select food, i only ate rice, yam and akara which is Mondays, Wednsdays, and Sundays. the annoying part was we were though Chemisty and Biology in Yoruba and as a yoruba girl i could hardly understand yoruba but i learnt cos i was insulted in Yoruba in my first year. i could not cut grass during labour day so i just fetched 3 buckets of water to the dining hall or pound yam for the house mistress. all i was, was an uncontrollable girl in that prison grin
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by TrollTrap: 9:52am On May 26, 2016
youngice:

Which federal school did you attend

Lol Fgc Nise, Anambra state. You?
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by TrollTrap: 9:53am On May 26, 2016
stiflerdrug:
Lol so true.. exactly same with my sch.. wasn't der till my senior year tho..so I only suffered
Which school did you attend?
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by carammel(f): 9:56am On May 26, 2016
Boarding school pass boarding school abeg,if you didn't go to Command Secondary School please swerve to one side.
Thanks.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Feli2015: 10:11am On May 26, 2016
Chikabel:
Abia State Senior Science School, Ihie, Chai my God! Wetin I no see?! Was it farming for teachers in the name of agricultural practical, abi fetching water for teachers, inspection, your own; water and food committee boys giving their own classmates work and breaking their plates anyhow; impromptu speeches(i loved this one but sha towards the time for the most senior students to hand over their posts, na die be that. No matter how you explain the topic, you must go and stand on stage after receiving correct "busky" on your back in front of the whole school); abi village boys chasing us after night prep, and as we race to our hostel screaming, some girls must have fallen down with their cries of chest pain grin, abi those nyama nyama village boys peeping through our bathroom windows as we bathe, kai . Nna eh, na God save person. But sha, I might not have turned out well if I had not attended that school. They shaped my life. From 2012 till months ago when I was still living on the last floor of my hostel in school, I could go downstairs to fetch water, fill up every container I have and still be waxing strong( that school turned me into "jaki"wink grin. Thank God for that life, I look back and I don't regret it!
When Madukwe was there ASSSSI was hell. 1996 set
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Nobody: 10:21am On May 26, 2016
The OP is very right....Remembering my school days at FGC IDOANI,ONDO STATE....
WE HAIL THEE
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by rubi96(f): 10:23am On May 26, 2016
No 9 especially, we call it sakpa then. Happens mostly during exam period. During that time students hide by corners of the dinning hall, once it's 6 o'clock, they enter and massacre the food.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by xcllaxix(m): 10:26am On May 26, 2016
Op,i can swear u attended a unity school..we the best!..PRO UNITATE!....repping F.G.C OKIGWE!!
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by dazzlinglyme: 10:27am On May 26, 2016
twas fun though op is so right.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by doskie(m): 10:31am On May 26, 2016
Who go NMS for here. Make dem tell you watin be school.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by glossy6(f): 10:33am On May 26, 2016
Nice write up. My first daughter wept every time we took her to school, she's now a Senior student and enjoy going to school
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by snowhyt(f): 10:39am On May 26, 2016
mehn!!! I can still remember when my schl father brokeup with his girlfriend bcus she punished me in his presence... I saw hell that day.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Agromuda(m): 10:58am On May 26, 2016
I rep Army Day Sec. Scchool Sobi, Ilorin. Dat Hostel lyf was hell. Boarders were taught to be independent early in lyf.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Crixina(f): 11:00am On May 26, 2016
amzee:
Somebody should please summarise all this epistle for me.
me too, I thought it was even the normal meme thing.

Anyway I can relate to any boarding school situation without reading this epistle, seeing I practically boarded in schools for the most part of my life.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by dandollaz: 11:01am On May 26, 2016
RED NIGHT.the day before mid term or vacation,some peps will keep will keep a set of provision to drink all that night,u dere not sleep else na red all ur body will turn to.enough floggn by mates for sleepn.
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by marwanafrica: 11:03am On May 26, 2016
Bbsharon:
5 : The fearless ones.
They were some student who never mind the school authority and would sneak out at any opportunity through the fence to go to parties and some just to go to buy bread and akara and enjoy fresh air. We knew some of this students but you never dare telling on them...the fear of them making life a miserable hell for you later would scare you to your bones.
Also some that never called anybody senior again right from Ss1 and o one can question them. This set of student were so stubborn that the school was tired of suspending them at a point.

6 : Social/variety Nights/Excursion and Visiting Days.
At the mention of social nights or an excursion all student would explode into celebration like we were going on vacation. This were best moments for me back then when we would dance till we were exhausted and do all sort of things(those who went to mixed school understand better) lol. Leaving the school for an excursion was like escape from prison. Infact then we called my school prison. And on visiting day for your patents not to come for you was like being left alone in a big wide world to suffer. One would cry uncontrollably even seniors. You would be like at least they would have sent some one.

7 : Inspection Day ;
This always happen on Saturdays,we would wake up very early than usual to start thorough clean up of the whole hostels and school compound up to the school gate. And then appear in white uniforms in front of your bunks to be inspected. The neatest house woukd be announced and presented a gift(sweet and biscuit) while the house withe the last position would be punished severely so it was a day we put in our best shots to work for recommendation.

8 : Hunger strike ;
This was always funny and still funny to me anytime I remember the crazy things we did during those moments. A week before visiting day or a week to go home was always terrible with all lockers empty and free of provisions. Long faces everywhere with over prompt attitude to dinning. Dinning was usually filled up before time and you coming at exact time cannot guarantee your food.

http://naijaebiz..com.ng/2016/05/8-things-you-can-clearly-relate-with-if.html?m=1
. You try but you should have apply pics to it
Re: THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo by Chikabel: 11:05am On May 26, 2016
Feli2015:
When Madukwe was there ASSSSI was hell. 1996 set

Hehehehe. I left 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heritage Polytechnic, Eket, Akwa Ibom State Admit New Students / National Common Entrance Examination [NCEE] Past Questions And Answers / 2013/2014 Unilag Foundation Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.