Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,178 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? (2094 Views)

Final Free Dragnet GSE Past Questions And Answers ( Old And New Package) / Please Help (re: Free Dragnet GSE Questions) / Skye's Gse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by demiqueen(f): 11:17am On Aug 21, 2009
I did GSE Test sometime ago with my hard-earned money, after hearing all the good news about them. I'm still unemployed! Hope I haven't been had.
House please who knows anything about them.
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2009
Hi demiqueen. Please can you elaborate on what the test format is? Is it purely GMAT format or otherwise? I have a GSE test scheduled for monday and I just don't know what to study on.
Also, with employers these days, every extra qualification count, even if it is a GSE test result. Keep your optimism high and just believe. God would surely do something beautiful for you soon with regards to job. Amen.
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by demiqueen(f): 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2009
the test is in 3 parts: verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning. it's not hard but u need to think sharp and fast. all the best.
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by Drunk: 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2009
That's Nigeria's rec recruitment Agencies for you. Well, you just have to keep on applying for every scarce and uncertain job on their website till you get bored. They have just enjoyed another free money from an unemployed graduate.
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by qblaze(m): 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2009
Maybe you flunked the test. They are not a recruitment agency per se. If you pass the test, they forward your details to their clients.
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by remoranger(m): 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2009
NO KNOWLEDGE IS LOST wink wink
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by remoranger(m): 8:48pm On Aug 22, 2009
NO KNOWLEDGE IS LOST wink wink
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by Drunk: 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2009
qblaze:

Maybe you flunked the test. They are not a recruitment agency per se. If you pass the test, they forward your details to their clients.
So, what are they? An examination body by FG?
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by stanloski(m): 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2009
abeg wetin be gse? 4give my ignorance
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by qblaze(m): 4:02am On Aug 23, 2009
Graduate Standardisation Examination.

It is run by Dragnet, a company owned by the Ikazoboh brothers.
Since employers no longer trust Nigerian graduates, they started the business to test the true ability of aspiring job seekers. Heard the fees are a little too steep for the hoi polloi, though.
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by smasher1(m): 5:01am On Aug 23, 2009
You get money now. N5,000. 4 wat? 2 years opportunity? Anyway,people are desperate. Avoid patronizing or paying people by keeping them in business.
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by touchmeder: 6:19am On Aug 23, 2009
But when you go to some of these so called bank and company website they state it there in black and white you need to pass the GSE exam to be considered for employment. Nawa
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by Morizo(m): 11:23am On Aug 23, 2009
The GSE TEST IS CHARADE. NOTHING HAS CHANGED YET I ASSURE YOU.the organisers still collect monies to enhance performers and invite pretty female candidates to their hotel rooms for "upgrading" grin
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by eShegz(m): 9:07am On Aug 24, 2009
Morizo:

The GSE TEST IS CHARADE. NOTHING HAS CHANGED YET I ASSURE YOU.the organisers still collect monies to enhance performers and invite pretty female candidates to their hotel rooms for "upgrading" grin

No please, the GSE test is not a charade. Though i took the test for as part of the admission criteria for my Masters in PAU, i still get notifications from Dragnet whenever there's any opportunity particularly in the telecommunications sector. I also paid something in the range of 5k to take the test. Chams city is the place to take the test in Lagos, while Afrihub is the place in Abuja!

demiqueen:

the test is in 3 parts: verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning. it's not hard but u need to think sharp and fast. all the best.

Correct! You have to think on your toes, and the result is near instant on your mobile phone!

qblaze:

I don't know about flunking the test though, but you can always print your result and also use it to shop for jobs online. Whatsmore, once you have the result, you have a permanent account. So i "guess" even if you didn't do that well, you can take the test again.( I am not sure about this though, you could confirm with the Chams officials)

Goodluck!
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by Nezan(m): 10:31am On Aug 24, 2009
*yawns*
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by oge4real(f): 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2009
GSE = senior GCE lipsrsealed
Re: GSE Test: Should I Have Done It? by jidobaba(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2009
the employment(or is it UNemployment) scene in Nigeria is a dog-chop-dog tin. much as i try to keep upbeat, the undeniable fact is that if you dont have a godfather, your chances of being employed in any company at all range from 0 to 5%. GSE or no GSE, aptitude test or no aptitude test. of course GSE would raise your pre-GSE chances by about 0.05%. you decide if this is worth N5000.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Ssce And Ond Holders Only At Town Planning Way, Ilupeju, Lagos. / Vacancies At Jmg Limited August 2014 / Whats Your Grade 1st, 2.1, 2.2, 3rd Or Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.