Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,536 members, 7,865,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:08 PM

Is The Cbn Gov. Not Doing The Same Thing All Over Again? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Cbn Gov. Not Doing The Same Thing All Over Again? (626 Views)

Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu / My Life Threatened For Doing The Best For My Country – Diezani Alison-madueke / CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Cbn Gov. Not Doing The Same Thing All Over Again? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2009
If i must understand the whole debacle, is that Soludo is under fire for giving out some loans to these banks.
ok then what about the N100 billion given to each of the affected banks by Sanusi?

is he not just riding the same boat? then why all the noise?
Re: Is The Cbn Gov. Not Doing The Same Thing All Over Again? by Seun(m): 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2009
That's is politics for you. wink
Re: Is The Cbn Gov. Not Doing The Same Thing All Over Again? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2009
Does it matter?
Soludo has to go down; whether right or wrong.

This is Nigeria.
Re: Is The Cbn Gov. Not Doing The Same Thing All Over Again? by naijatoday: 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2009
babaearly:

If i must understand the whole debacle, is that Soludo is under fire for giving out some loans to these banks.
ok then what about the N100 billion given to each of the affected banks by Sanusi?

is he not just riding the same boat? then why all the noise?

Unlike the loan Soludo gave them in hush hush, this time the banks must recognize their loss.
Re: Is The Cbn Gov. Not Doing The Same Thing All Over Again? by Fhemmmy: 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2009
nuzo:

Does it matter?
Soludo has to go down; whether right or wrong.

This is Nigeria.

I guess it is just a cycle.
Anyone that has been in power for a while and let go, must be ridiculed or go down, why is that?
i am not saying Soludo was a saint, but he changed the banking system in Nigeria
Re: Is The Cbn Gov. Not Doing The Same Thing All Over Again? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 21, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I guess it is just a cycle.

I disagree. i think the Federal Gov. is up to something and there are clashes of interest underneath all this. did the banks ask for the government loan in the first place? i think worse days are coming.
Re: Is The Cbn Gov. Not Doing The Same Thing All Over Again? by naijatoday: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2009
babaearly:

I disagree. i think the Federal Gov. is up to something and there are clashes of interest underneath all this. did the banks ask for the government loan in the first place? i think worse days are coming.

Yes they did through the Expanded Discount Window (EDW) and inter bank market. Their high level of borrowing from the inter bank market lead to the CBN to guarantee the loans so that interest rate will not be too high, because the high level of borrowing of this big banks, made it expensive for the small banks to get loan from the inter bank.If Sanusi had left the thing that way the small banks will have gone while the big banks will still be here. And if one or two banks fail, there is a chance others will follow.

There is a reason why Intercontinental was limiting the amount you could redraw from your account and their limit of N10,000 to open an account when others were busy decreasing their amount. What is more desperate than taking pages of newspaper and telling the president to help you recover your money from debtors.

Intercontinental and Oceanic were also increasing their interest on deposit which was not making sense if you look at the market. It might have been good for depositors to get high interest but it was bad for the economy. The big banks could afford the interest (inter and oceanic) while the small will not have been able because they do not have the asset to back it up. Of course customers will have taken their money to the big banks and left the small banks dry, which will have lead to about 2-8 small banks becoming insolvent.
Re: Is The Cbn Gov. Not Doing The Same Thing All Over Again? by princekevo(m): 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2009
@pos
tertime will soon tell and you question will be answered
No be Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Prayers For Prsident Yar'dua / Are There Investigative Journalists In Nigeria? / Stockbrokers To Okereke: It’s Time To Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.