Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

What Are The Procedures, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Marriage Registration - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Procedures, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Marriage Registration (4712 Views)

5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook / What Are The Procedures And Processes For Adopting A Child / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having 2 Wives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Procedures, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Marriage Registration by Rogo: 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2009
WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES, ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF MARRIAGE REGISTRATION

Hello Nairalander, My marriage is not far fetch from now. I and my wife to be went to visit my pastor's friend
who asked us if we have register the marriage that if we have not then we should do so before anything.
my question here what are the procedures to take, who does it require, and the advantages and disadvantages of marriage registration.

wonderful comments are welcome.
Re: What Are The Procedures, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Marriage Registration by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 21, 2009
there are no advantages or disadvantages- its simply required by law.
Re: What Are The Procedures, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Marriage Registration by cooljade(f): 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2009
It depends, In Nigeria, No advantages, No disadvantages

Western world, Plenty advantages , No disadvantages (except in terms of divorce and you are at the receiving end and about to lose some of your investment as per settlement fees)
Re: What Are The Procedures, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Marriage Registration by Rogo: 9:31am On Aug 22, 2009
thanks for your responses, what about the process to get register.
Re: What Are The Procedures, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Marriage Registration by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 22, 2009
you go to a marriage registry- I think they're located at the local govt council or something.

You'll have to pay a minimal fee.
Re: What Are The Procedures, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Marriage Registration by jesuseun1(m): 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2009
If you are gonna be joined in the church, you will need to present a marriage license from a marriage registry before the church will issue you with a marriage certificate.

These are two different documents. In fact, in most churches, you cannot have both as you will be required to submit the marriage license upon which the marriage certificate will be issued.

Regarding the procedure, the intended couple applies at the registry (mostly located at the LGA) with three passport photos each which is displayed for 21 days. If no one objects to the union at the expiration of 21 days, the license will be issued at the payment of a token.

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That Cinema Is In Shoprite Ringroad Ibadan / **am I Responsible For Her (pregnancy)? Pls Help / Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.