Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:07 AM

Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September - Sports (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September (45049 Views)

Poll: Who wins this match?

Nigeria: 84% (162 votes)
Tunisia: 8% (17 votes)
Draw: 6% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia (4 - 2): Semi-Final U-17 AFCON On Wednesday 24 April 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia : Basketball Olympics 2012: 60 - 56 On 29th July 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by JNdupu: 9:42pm On Sep 06, 2009
Ladies & gentlemen, we have a winner

larimo:

The days of the Super Eagles are gone! Welcome to the days of the Standing Eagles.

Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by stanloski(m): 9:43pm On Sep 06, 2009
pak:

@MERGE

r u Ghanian ?

I still believe Nigeria can qualify
Are you gluttons for punishment or what?!? Face the cold facts, ITS ALL OVER!!! we not going anywhere. Kai you incurable optimists are setting yourselves up for worse heartache. Just face the reality and move on. Enough already
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by pak: 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2009
@Crystal

Spot on

@merge

then pls try and be positive

There was a time in the late 80's and mid 90's when Ghanian football was on the low side,

those guys didnt come supporting us, they still stuck
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Ibime(m): 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2009
Cristalz:

I don't regret going to the stadium to see the game.  .  .twaz a whole lotta fun.

Now we know who was throwing pure water onto the pitch!  grin

Osaze was running his heart out because he is 29 years old and this would have been his last WC.

Taye Taiwo convinced himself that he is really 24 years old and he doesnt need to work hard because as he is only 24, he still has 2 or 3 more WC's to go.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by merge(f): 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2009
stanloski:

Are you gluttons for punishment or what?!? Face the cold facts, ITS ALL OVER!!! we not going anywhere. Kai you incurable optimists are setting yourselves up for worse heartache. Just face the reality and move on. Enough already

I know. We will play Mozambique and Kenya.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by chidyke77(m): 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2009
I hate this super ducks except osaze,eneramo,uche,nsofor. Taiwo and yobo are d worst.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by pak: 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2009
stanloski:

Friend, where you in nigeria in 2001,

They talked bout reality and the fact that it was all over too

but guess we still made it then.

and I dont know if you can recollect how CIV made it to the last world cup.

let's not get too emotional, plenty of chances in there to fight for.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by tubabie(f): 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2009
@Cristalz
Good to have you back.
Those SE messed my evening up, Hope you were able to get your Pic with and autograph from Osaze grin?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by merge(f): 9:54pm On Sep 06, 2009
Cristalz:

I don't regret going to the stadium to see the game.  .  .twaz a whole lotta fun.

But I regret backing those dudes. Mayn, this was so poor. Shoulda known that when it comes to the Super Eagles, nothing good can come out of Amodu.
Zero marking----Tunisia had all the space and time in the world on that pitch. SE just kept admiring their feet when the Carthage Eagles had possession. No marking, no tackles, nada. Yet, whenever any Super Eagle had the ball, a red shirt was present to stop him. There was a time when there were 3 red shirts on one player alone!

No formation----at least, none they stuck to. Osaze was the only person that stayed in position. First, they went 4-3-3 which gave them absolutely zero width. Then once play began, everyone drifted wherever seemed right to them without returning back to their positions, except Osaze.
Heck, Taiye Taiwo was upfront for most of first half. Doing what Defense was porous, and the dude kept running to the front. I was pissed at him.  The flank he was supposed to be covering was just open all through. The flanks were just wasted too.  .  .someone shoulda put 'em to good use and made some nice crosses. Didn't see that.
The Uche boiz.  .  .forgot they were on the pitch. Honestly. They were that poor.

No football intelligence----the boiz were just running about with absolutely no strategy, no thinking, no game plan. Twaz a case of, 'let's see what they do and then we respond'. No thinking of their own.
I was like, is there a coach for this team at all? 'Cos I could not see any pattern, couldn't sense any strategy, nothing. Mikel Obi was just a waste of space. Had no idea what to do with the ball when he had it. Kanu came on and showed him how to take charge of a MF. Funny that Mikel is the one playing for the bigger European club, huh?
Taiye Taiwo is another guilty one here. No footballing sense. Then the dude with pink, abi red boots. Later in 2nd half, it was Osaze that told him to move over to the left flank and play from there.  .  .after he did this, our second goal came. Interpret that how you will.

Poor defending-----Enyeama pissed a lot of us off o. The guy kept running away from his post. As for the first Tunisian goal, I still have no idea how it happened. Heck, I was still hugging friends and celebrating the first goal when I happened to look up and saw the ball cruising over Enyeama's line. I was like, what?? How?? I missed watching on TV then.  .  .no replays. grin
Then there was Adeleye almost scoring an own goal.

No shots-----did someone tell 'em Eagles not to take good shots at goal? They were doing it like Arsenal. They wanted to stand 2 yards away from the Tunisian goalie first before attempting to score. Didn't try enough out of the box shots for me. Twaz amazing to think that most of them play for top-notch foreign clubs.

Now the icing on the cake----they scored a second goal, game wasn't over.  .  .there was still at least 8 minutes to go, and they started showing skillz instead of continuing to work for another goal. Even when a good team's 3 goals up, they still keep trying to score more. Our dear Eagles started feeling fly, passing to each other like it was training. Admittedly it was good to watch, and the crowd stirred them up to do it, but heck! Game wasn't over. Coach Amodu was even there watching it all and grinning instead of telling them to play ball and get another goal.

The Carthage Eagles weren't that fantastic. Super Eagles could have beaten them, but they had no game plan and most of the players were 'footbally' dumb, and there was absolutely no drive, no determination. I blame the coach. They let Tunisia equalize. Enyeama should be flogged. Osaze remains my MOTM. He was just peachy.

What you mean?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by pak: 9:54pm On Sep 06, 2009
chidyke77:

I hate this super ducks except osaze,eneramo,uche,nsofor. Taiwo and yobo are d worst.

Well to be fair, compared to others yobo did make his shift,

its just that the tunisians where way faster.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by pak: 9:56pm On Sep 06, 2009
merge:

What you mean?

it means he did a very good Job

check out this google dikko link

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=lrj&ei=uSGkSv_sMMqFsAaqhYnTBA&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=define%3A+peachy&spell=1
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by MrTA(m): 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2009
It would be madness for me to start supporting England because I live there. I will, like always be supporting my other African brothers at the WC2010
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by konti(f): 10:15pm On Sep 06, 2009
the eagles disappointed over 60,000 fans that were in the stadium to cheer them up.only osaze gave his best.Papilo made some moves too.others were just big names for nothing.did u see the own goal that would have been scored?We wud have had another DIABY(ARSENAL'S OWN GOALSCORER. grin

I HAD FUN.THAT IS D KOKO FOR ME.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Borat1: 10:18pm On Sep 06, 2009
What da. . .
The Super Ego's have done it again, huh? What happened? They couldnt preserve a f**king lead?!
What a bloody shyme! grin
Told y'all i wasnt going to spend my time on that bloody match. They have broken my heart enough. So what next?
Ok, yeah i heard the mozambicans are yet to pay up on an oil deal we struck with them two years ago? grin
How about repaying that against the carthage EAGLES!
The kenyans should also remember that black is might!
We aint going nowhere in 2010! Rubbish
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Cristalz(f): 10:18pm On Sep 06, 2009
Ibime:

Now we know who was throwing pure water onto the pitch!  grin

Osaze was running his heart out because he is 29 years old and this would have been his last WC.

Taye Taiwo convinced himself that he is really 24 years old and he doesnt need to work hard because as he is only 24, he still has 2 or 3 more WC's to go.

Hehehe.  .  .I didn't throw water o. Some crazy people kept doing that. When Tunisia equalized the second time, one dude got so mad and flung his can of soda into the area I was sitting/standing. grin Narrowly missed my head.
Another one threw an open bottle of yogurt. There were mad people there.
The atmosphere was fun.  .  .the noise, silly-sounding horns, whistles, crazy people. All fun. Had fireworks too.

As for Osaze, you know he always plays with his heart and head when he is with the Super Eagles. He ain't perfect, but he is one reliable, very skilled player.

tubabie:

@Cristalz
Good to have you back.
Those SE messed my evening up, Hope you were able to get your Pic with and autograph from Osaze grin?

Hey girl. Don't mind Amodu and his boiz jo.
As for Osaze, no autograph, but yeah, I got my picture. cool grin He talks funny too.
Getting past the mobile policemen and their Rottweilers wasn't funny sha, but twaz worth it.

merge:

What you mean?

One----Amodu has proven yet again that he has no idea how to effectively manage the Super Eagles.
Two, Osaze was beautiful on the pitch. He did very well.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Toshit: 10:20pm On Sep 06, 2009
Am glad we lost. At least we mess up in everything, why succeed now?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Gayigaskia(m): 10:20pm On Sep 06, 2009
Nigeria needs to go back to the drawing board, start fixing the age cheating problem and install discipline in all levels of the national team.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by kshow1(m): 10:24pm On Sep 06, 2009
This is the result you get when you fail to plan
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by MeGaStReEt: 10:33pm On Sep 06, 2009
SACK AMODU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt]

, bring on SISIA

Everytin in 9ja is politics, politics and politics, Amodu should b in North raring cattles, rather than potray himself as a footballer or a f, ukin coach with no clue about footballl

Fu, kkk Nigeria Govt, fu, kkk Amodu n whoever he represents, them better sack this clueless slowpoke b4 water go turn to ogogoro ooooo

I dont blame the players at alllllllllllllll

They finished the match the same way they started, wasn't the coach supposed to give dem instructions in the dressing room, oh my God!!!!!

That goat should be shot

SIASIA will be our Saviour
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by AreaDaddy: 10:41pm On Sep 06, 2009
Amodu should b in North raring cattles, rather than potray himself as a footballer or a f, ukin coach with no clue about footballl

Some people sef, I guess you don know that Amodu is from Edo State undecided
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by bawomolo(m): 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2009
cristalz - what has arsenal got to do with eagles matter?

watch yourself
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Cristalz(f): 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2009
Hahaha. . .that was the first thing that came to my mind when the Super Eagles kept doing that naw. grin
Arsenal did that a lot last season. . .waiting till they got within 2 yards of the net before attempting to score.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 06, 2009
@ MeGaStReEt
you harsh o, Amodu rearing cattles up north?? naira-landers no go use laff kill me o!! grin

seriously speaking, i dont think we should blame Amodu, you cant give wot u dont have. He can only impart on the team wot he has (which is clearly not much).

ALL BLAME, should however be heaped upon the f*&king NFF.

Everyone knows that the Nigerian coach should have been Keshi, but the egg heads in the NFF knew that Keshi would never let them have their way (by determining who should or who should not play). they decided to hire Amodu who they felt they could control.
The result of such a messed up decision is clear for all to see.

pls dont  blame Amodu, blame the NFF. Those guys dont have the interest of football at heart, they're just after their own selfish interests.

i wasnt really hurt by the result of the match, i had already given up hope on Naija wen i watched them play against Mozambique.
It's clear that we WILL always have problems wen we come up against any team who can pass around the ball intelligently.

Please everyone try to have a nice week. dont let the football federation ruin it for you.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by AjanleKoko: 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2009
This is sad.
Anyways I still support the Eagles. We need some kinda revival to throw up a new set of boys, a new team.
Let's just get a foreign coach or something and start over.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by presido1: 10:59pm On Sep 06, 2009
We lost cuz we did not obey the Federal Xter stuff. No Northerner in the line up. grin grin
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Princek12(m): 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2009
AjanleKoko:

This is sad.
Anyways I still support the Eagles. We need some kinda revival to throw up a new set of boys, a new team.
Let's just get a foreign coach or something and start over.
I don't think we need a new team because the current crop of players, in my opinion, are good. What we need, however, is a new coach who can mold this team into a winning team. We lost today because of stupid blunders that can be easily fixed by a "coach," not a malo like Amodu. Both goals were scored because defenders were defending "space," instead of defending their men. Taye Taiwo is an idiot for allowing that second goal. When you are leading and your opponent has the ball in 2 mins to end of regulation, you should chase him down, not run away from him.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by MeGaStReEt: 11:15pm On Sep 06, 2009
I dont care if Amodu is from Edo State or Benue state, he surely deserves a space in the north for cattle rearing, that    i dont kno what to kall him now shld have known on time that he does not have anything to give, rather he decides to stick to the f, kin job bkos of his NFA mentality

that guy get luck say kno be Oghara dem for play that match,  im whole family for dey organise 50mila wen dem wan take bail am now,

stu.pid A$$ holes
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by semid4lyfe(m): 11:15pm On Sep 06, 2009
Abegii, make all of una mechionu jare!

The blame for today's result should be placed at the feet of the players, (particularly Taiye Taiwo for that 2nd goal) and not the N.F.F, Sports Ministry or the Technical Crew.

They all knew how important the match was and yet they played the way they did.

PATHETIC!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by MeGaStReEt: 11:26pm On Sep 06, 2009
[center]Nigeria national football team – Managers[/center]

Finch (1948–54) · Anyiam (1954–56) · Courtier (1956–60) · Beit haLavi (1960–61) · Vardar (1961–63) · Penna (1963–64) · Anyiam (1964–65) · Ember (1965–68) · Amaechina (1968–70) · Marotzke (1970–72) · Penna (1972–73) · Marotzke (1973–74) · Tihomir (1974–78) · Glória (1978–82) · Göller (1982) · Onigbinde (1982–84) · Udemezue (1984–86) · Ekeji (1986) · Hoener (1986–89) · Hamilton (1989) · Westerhof (1989–94) · Amodu (1994–95) · Bonfrere (1995–96) · Amodu (1996–97) · Troussier (1997) · Sinclair (1997) · Milutinović (1997–98) · Libregts (1998–99) · Bonfrere (1999–01) · Amodu (2000–02) · Onigbinde (2002) · Chukwu (2002–05) · Eguavoen (2005–07) · Vogts (2007–08) · Peters (2008) · Amodu (2008–)

Wetin this guy dey do wey dem don appoint reach 4 times, shoooooooooooooo

this country need fasting n prayers
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by shesi(m): 11:28pm On Sep 06, 2009
i just spoke to one of your players on the phone. he says there was a fight in the dressing room after the game. i'm not saying who and who fought but it's not one of the "big" guys.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2009
shesi:

i just spoke to one of your players on the phone. he says there was a fight in the dressing room after the game. i'm not saying who and who fought but it's not one of the "big" guys.

fill us in abeg, time to shame those dolts.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Princek12(m): 11:30pm On Sep 06, 2009
Taye Taiwo is a rugged player without the requisite intellect for a true formidable defender. I still don't know why he ran away from the man he was supposed to mark, 2 mins before regulation. A defender should chase down his man. Abi dem don swear for am. That shows that he lacks focus and discipline and should no longer be part of the Super Eagles

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Mali : International Friendly 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Arsenal Star Bukayo Saka Is In Lagos [video, Photos] / Ronaldo To Self-Isolate In Madeira & "Won't return to Italy After Rugani Case"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.