Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

The Notorious Lockebie Bomber - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Notorious Lockebie Bomber (939 Views)

Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. / Video:suicide Bomber Shot Dead By Isreali / The Underwear Bomber Is A Hoax! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by redsun(m): 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2009
What could have made the brtish(scotish)government to release the notorious libyan lockebie bomber sentenced to life in prison for killing hundreds of people on pan-am flight 103 in 1988 over scothland,while gaddafi on the other hand is about to execute over two hundred nigerians for mere immigration offenses?

Could it be that gaddaffi for some reason is  blackmailing the british government?
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by JeSoul(f): 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2009
The official story is "compassion" and that they are trying to be better "humans" than the people who bombed them.

BS. There is something going on behind the scenes that the rest of us are not privy to. And see the hero's welcome he got in Libya . . . twisted people.
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by Tudor6(f): 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2009
Why release him?
He has lived a long full life eating three square meals a day while sleeping on a nice bed meanwhile over 100 people have died and many more bear the scars of this gruesome attack. . . .why did they ever abolish the death penalty?
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2009
Tudór:

Why release him?
He has lived a long full life eating three square meals a day while sleeping on a nice bed meanwhile over 100 people have died and many more bear the scars of this gruesome attack. . . .why did they ever abolish the death penalty?

Because the British happen to be the most "COMPASSIONATE" folks on the Planet ! grin
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by redsun(m): 7:14pm On Aug 22, 2009
The story is just coming up that it's got trade agreement.

Queen and country,na today.
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by Horus(m): 1:23am On Aug 23, 2009
What could have made the brtish(scotish)government to release the notorious libyan lockebie bomber

Because Lybia got oil and the british need this oil.
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2009
There is a dimension to this story that has not been explore

Al-Megrahi only withdrew his appeal which claims he was innocent only 24hrs before his release and the man as we speak is bent on proving his innocence.

In fact the news of his impending release had already broken before he withdrew his appeal. In essence the Scotish Government are claiming to show compassion to a man who even had no remorse.

This to me sounds like an imposed compassion, and does not make a lot of sense.

The question is why are they so interested in showing compassion to man that is not even sorry.

The only thing that makes sense right now is the story of Junior Gaddafi claiming that the release is part of a trade deal with the British Authorities. I think Gaddafi has also implicitly confirmed that by his Thank you message to Gordon Brown and the Queen.

I think the fact that the British Authorities are willing to release a convicted terrorist because of oil deals does not suprise me. What I find suprising is there attempt to deny it in this digital age and 24hr news cycle.
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by cap28: 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2009
"There is a dimension to this story that has not been explore"

"Al-Megrahi only withdrew his appeal which claims he was innocent only 24hrs before his release and the man as we speak is bent on proving his innocence".

could this be because he is actually innocent

"In fact the news of his impending release had already broken before he withdrew his appeal. In essence the Scotish Government are claiming to show compassion to a man who even had no remorse".

again could this be because he is innocent - why show remorse over something you didnt do

"This to me sounds like an imposed compassion, and does not make a lot of sense".

"The question is why are they so interested in showing compassion to man that is not even sorry".

maybe because they have something to hide - pressure was mounted on al megrahi to drop his appeal - i wonder why

"The only thing that makes sense right now is the story of Junior Gaddafi claiming that the release is part of a trade deal with the British Authorities. I think Gaddafi has also implicitly confirmed that by his Thank you message to Gordon Brown and the Queen".

yes i agree and i gadaffi was justified in including al megrahi's release as part of the deal seeing as he was innocent

"I think the fact that the British Authorities are willing to release a convicted terrorist because of oil deals does not suprise me. What I find suprising is there attempt to deny it in this digital age and 24hr news cycle".

i think you need to understand that vital evidence in al megrahi's case was tampered with - the conviction was UNSAFE and the british and americans KNOW this

also a lot of background documentation has now been placed under public interest immunity by the british govt which means it can NEVER be released to the public because according to them it might harm national security - you need to ask yourself why this is so

relatives of the UK victims of this flight do not beleive that al megrahi did it and are asking for an independent public inquiry, but now that al megrahi has decided to drop his appeal this is no longer possible.
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by cap28: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2009
cap28:

"There is a dimension to this story that has not been explore"

"Al-Megrahi only withdrew his appeal which claims he was innocent only 24hrs before his release and the man as we speak is bent on proving his innocence".

could this be because he is actually innocent

"In fact the news of his impending release had already broken before he withdrew his appeal. In essence the Scotish Government are claiming to show compassion to a man who even had no remorse".

again could this be because he is innocent - why show remorse over something you didnt do
"This to me sounds like an imposed compassion, and does not make a lot of sense".

"The question is why are they so interested in showing compassion to man that is not even sorry".

maybe because they have something to hide - pressure was mounted on al megrahi to drop his appeal - i wonder why

"The only thing that makes sense right now is the story of Junior Gaddafi claiming that the release is part of a trade deal with the British Authorities. I think Gaddafi has also implicitly confirmed that by his Thank you message to Gordon Brown and the Queen".

yes i agree and gadaffi was justified in including al megrahi's release as part of the deal seeing as he was innocent

"I think the fact that the British Authorities are willing to release a convicted terrorist because of oil deals does not suprise me. What I find suprising is there attempt to deny it in this digital age and 24hr news cycle".

i think you need to understand that vital evidence in al megrahi's case was tampered with - the conviction was UNSAFE and the british and americans KNOW this

also a lot of background documentation has now been placed under public interest immunity by the british govt which means it can NEVER be released to the public because according to them it might harm national security - you need to ask yourself why this is so

relatives of the UK victims of this flight do not beleive that al megrahi did it and are asking for an independent public inquiry, but now that al megrahi has decided to drop his appeal this is no longer possible.

Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by MrCrackles(m): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2009
The big question still remains - Is Al-Megrahi responsible for the Lockerbie bombing?
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by cap28: 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2009
MrCrackles:

The big question still remains - Is Al-Megrahi responsible for the Lockerbie bombing?

i would emphatically say NO
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by MrCrackles(m): 9:41pm On Aug 23, 2009
cap28:

i would emphatically say NO
In a way though, i kinda believe he didnt do it. . . .
Maybe he was just an accessory to the incident. . .
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by cap28: 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2009
MrCrackles:

In a way though, i kinda believe he didnt do it. . . .
Maybe he was just an accessory to the incident. . .

i would say that he was a fall guy - there is no evidence linking Libya to this incident.

i beleive that Libya was set up to take the rap because of earlier alleged attacks against the US and also because the real culprits are now "friends" of america - gadaffi also desperately wanted economic sanctions against his country to be lifted so i beleive he did a deal with the devil (the US and UK) to take the rap for the bombing and pay the relatives of the 270 victims £2.7b (£10m each) and suprise! the sanctions have now been lifted and he has entered into lucrative gas and oil contracts with the UK.
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by MrCrackles(m): 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2009
cap28:

i would say that he was a fall guy - there is no evidence linking Libya to this incident.
i beleive that Libya was set up to take the rap because of earlier alleged attacks against the US and also because the real culprits are now "friends" of america - gadaffi also desperately wanted economic sanctions against his country to be lifted so i beleive he did a deal with the devil (the US and UK) to take the rap for the bombing and pay the relatives of the 270 victims £2.7b (£10m each) and suprise! the sanctions have now been lifted and he has entered into lucrative gas and oil contracts with the UK.
Humm. . . Interesting stuff!
Thanks for this! wink
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2009
Dis any of you listen to Ghaddafi's comments?
He indirectly fingered Prince Charles by thanking him for the role he played in the release of Al-Megrahi.
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by MrCrackles(m): 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2009
OMO IBO:

Dis any of you listen to Ghaddafi's comments?
He indirectly fingered Prince Charles by thanking him for the role he played in the release of Al-Megrahi.
To be honest, there is a lot more to the Lockerbie incident which we all dont know about!
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by cap28: 11:35pm On Aug 23, 2009
MrCrackles:

Humm. . . Interesting stuff!
Thanks for this! wink

you're welcome - see below interesting article written by a former british mp http://scottishlaw..com/2009/08/tam-dalyell-writes-on-truths-about.html
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by redsun(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2009
It is a dog eat dog world,that is why i don't believe in set moralities and stadards especially when it coming from monsters in ship clothings.

Sometimes we forget we are all one and caught up in the same shit,the faith of one is for all.
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by cap28: 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2009
redsun:

It is a dog eat dog world,that is why i don't believe in set moralities and stadards especially when it coming from monsters in ship clothings.

Sometimes we forget we are all one and caught up in the same shit,the faith of is for all.

would you be saying this if your family members were on that plane?
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by redsun(m): 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2009
cap28:

would you be saying this if your family members were on that plane?

It is the west that make and break the rules ,they jail him and for some reason,they released him,probably because the victims life is not worth their trade deals with the so-called terrorists.

They are the sacrificial lambs from all indications.
Re: The Notorious Lockebie Bomber by DisGuy: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2009
The american always think they can make rules for other people! what would happen if this was some middle eastern country? Sanction them?

Would the family feel better if this 'fall guy' has died in prison? onot like american are smart anyway they follow whatever tehir mad media tell them

How can you tell an independent justice system what to do?

(1) (Reply)

Attempt To Destroy African Union / Man Presses Blackberry Amidst Shootings In Capitol Hill / Passenger Lands Plane At Humberside Airport After Pilot Collapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.