Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,762 members, 7,862,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:05 PM

Buhari Asks Nigerians To Assess Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Asks Nigerians To Assess Ministers (365 Views)

Where Is Your President? CNN Asks Nigerians / 'Where Is Bayo Omoboriowo?' President Buhari Asks / "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Asks Nigerians To Assess Ministers by Bengist247(m): 1:34pm On May 27, 2016
As the one year anniversary of President Muhammadu’s administration draws close, he has asked Nigerians to pass on a verdict on the performance of his cabinet members so that he will know if he should change them.

The president said this during an interview session at the Aso Rock Villa in Abuja on Thursday, May 26, Daily Trust reports.
rom left: President Muhammadu Buhari; Associate Director/Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Media Trust Ltd, Mahmud Jega; Managing Editor Media Trust Ltd, Theophilus Abbah; and Media Consultant, Azu Ishiekwene, during an interview session with the president at the Aso Rock Villa in Abuja yesterday

L-R: President Buhari; associate director/deputy Editor-in-Chief, Media Trust Ltd, Mahmud Jega; managing editor Media Trust Ltd, Theophilus Abbah; and media consultant, Azu Ishiekwene, during an interview session with the president at the presidential villa on Thursday, May 26.

Buhari was asked if Nigerians should expect changes in his team during this anniversary period. In his reply, he said: “I am waiting for the newspapers to tell me the performance of my ministers and whether I should make changes.”

Explaining why his administration took off rather slowly, Buhari said ex-President Goodluck Jonathan agreed that each ministry would prepare handing over notes and also brief him (Buhari), for him to choose what he wanted out of it.

However, they protested at the last minute that he should not be allowed to take over the government before he was sworn-in.

Buhari claimed no proper transition took place as a result of this and after his inauguration he had to take briefings from two ministries a day in order to make up for lost time.

On the issue of budget padding, the president said he never heard of budget padding throughout his public life since 1975 and was shocked when the Minister of Health, Prof Isaac Adeoye while defending his budget before a National Assembly committee told them he couldn’t defend what he did not propose because the budget had been padded.

He said: “I went to the National Assembly and bowed and delivered the budget but I did not know that what I delivered was a shell. They removed what they wanted and added other things.”

According to him, he refused to sign the budget after it was passed by the National Assembly and brought to him because he has never signed anything that he did not understand throughout his life.

He noted that Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udo Udoma persuaded him to sign at one point and he told him, “I will sign it because I trust you.”
http://www.bengist247.com/2016/05/buhari-asks-nigerians-to-assess.html?m=0

Re: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Assess Ministers by Millyiyke: 1:45pm On May 27, 2016
You need to change almost 90% of your ministers.
Re: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Assess Ministers by Odelola01(m): 7:53pm On May 27, 2016
Well done
50% though

(1) (Reply)

May The Souls Of Our Brother's And Sister's Who Lost Their Lives Exactly A Year / New Comptroller-general Of Immigration Orders Arrest Of Ex-governors, Ministers / Students Protest As Workers’ Strike Begins In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.