Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

"Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR (47068 Views)

Babangida Can't Wear Shoes Anymore. Nemesis Catches Up With The Evil Genius - SR / 'Where Is Bayo Omoboriowo?' President Buhari Asks / Pressure Mounts On BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 12, 2016
The BBC Hausa Service is under intense pressure from President Muhammadu Buhari and members of his kitchen cabinet to pre-empt broadcast of the interview granted by his wife, Aisha Buhari.

The interview is due for broadcast on Saturday, but the President is said to have reached out to his wife, who is currently in London, to stop granting further interviews to the media.

In excerpts that have been widely reported in the media, Mrs. Buhari is quoted as saying that the President had ditched those who really worked for his victory in the 2015 election and is instead focusing on those that didn't participate.

The First Lady was expressing frustration with members of President Buhari's kitchen cabinet, particularly his nephew, Mamman Daura; and his powerful chief of Staff, Abba Kyari. They are widely-held as having shunted aside those who worked tirelessly for President Buhari to come to power.

She also said the President did not know a majority of his ministers before appointing them to office.

SaharaReporters has also learnt that neither Daura and Kyari voted for Buhari in the last election. A source knowledgeable about the inner situation at the Presidency said neither man possesses a voter’s card or is registered as a member of the ruling All Progressives Congress.

Mrs. Buhari and other members of the APC are frustrated with the President because he has refused to make the changes expected of his government, and continues to empower his nephew to run roughshod on issues of governance. Mr. Daura is reportedly so powerful that Buhari’s ministers have to get his approval to get funds released for their projects.

Our sources gave the example of Daura’s influence when the Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalung, got funds released to him for the Rio Olympics 2016 after he met and received the blessing of Mr. Daura.

Also recently, President Buhari promised several persons who complained to him about the corrupt elements in his government of plans to make changes, but he never did. Of particular importance are Mr. Kyari and the Secretary to the Government, Babachir Lawal, who are accused of corrupt practices. Also involved is Central Bank Governor Godwin Emefiele, on account of his handling of fiscal issues.

President Buhari has disappointed many in his handling of these and other officers, and his wife of 25 years seems to be leading a revolt by voicing the concern of a majority of the president’s loyalists who feel he has mismanaged the country and the goodwill that followed him into office a year and a half ago. “What I am afraid for them is the rebellion of 15 million people,” says Mrs. Buhari at the end of the excerpt available to the public.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/10/12/pressure-mounts-bbc-not-air-aisha-buharis-explosive-interview-scheduled-saturday

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
lmao. Getting interesting.

108 Likes

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by dunkem21(m): 10:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
Seunmsg, what will it benefit you guys to embarrass the President?

How could SR put words into our first lady's mouth in that she is referring to Daura and Kyari?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by deji68: 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
e don happen grin grin grin grin

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by arewafederation: 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
Interesting.....

9 Likes

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by GoldCircle: 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
Take this news with a pinch of salt.

Sahara Reporters is the modern day version of Observer Newspapers.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by tonio2wo: 10:40pm On Oct 12, 2016
Afonjas! See una life? We warned you mofos but u refused. You mofos have sold your birthright for a mere commissioner.

Am glad the 5% have been vindicated!

Modified: for all those quoting and insulting me, the truth is bitter! I know take heart una hia.
An afonja will always be an afonja!

279 Likes 18 Shares

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
Front page ooooo...

This is getting really interesting. Abeg make I siddon well well dey chill with my coke and popcorn dey read the comments below me.

18 Likes

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by Tunami(m): 10:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
So many drama this days.

15 Likes

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by femimailbox(m): 11:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
Disasters are looming! Chai!

21 Likes

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 12, 2016
Let's hear her o.

Maybe we can have the latest comedy in town.

Oh my God, I missed PGEJ

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by Pierocash(m): 11:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
expect a denial frm Aisha in the next 24 hours

180 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by Lusola15: 11:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
Interesting is the word

6 Likes

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by Mujaheeeden: 11:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
If Aisha can disown her husband i don't see any reason why some idiotic zombies here are defending buhari

211 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by yedidiah(m): 11:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
I doubt the authenticity of this "so called" interview. Aisha should know better even though I know she is very ambitious and an opportunist but she should know better than expose her husband's linen.

10 Likes

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by Akinwerndey: 11:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
Kwarapshan Is fighting back..... Laughing in swahili

44 Likes

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by DozieInc(m): 11:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
Following .

4 Likes

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
Ekosign me? My job na to buy grilled chicken with a chilled bottle of orijin & watch with keen interest while the drama is going on..

2019 go interesting die atelsyu..

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by Opinedecandid(m): 11:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
Na today?

Nothing replaces education.
That's all I have to say.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by dikeigbo2(m): 11:53pm On Oct 12, 2016
I'm here to read comments.............

7 Likes

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by ikorodureporta: 11:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
Wetin dem dey call this sign ¤ ¤ ¤

5 Likes

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by EazyMoh(m): 12:00am On Oct 13, 2016
Air am jare! She has freedom of speech! Whoever no like am make him talk him own, her husband included!

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 13, 2016
She also said the President did not know a majority of his
ministers before appointing them to office.

President Buhari doing all he knows how to do best.

Zahra resemble this woman too much o!!!

Edit

Nairaland stop changing duliardlnho to president buhari cheesy

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by Justiyke4u: 12:03am On Oct 13, 2016
is not true even in her dream she cannot

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by crimeboss: 12:18am On Oct 13, 2016
deji68:
e don happen grin grin grin grin
my brother, true, true he happen, no be small tin o, women av canny way of saying the truth, and if it's i respect that lady for the rest of my life.

8 Likes

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by opiaoku: 12:44am On Oct 13, 2016
grin

4 Likes

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by seunmsg(m): 2:01am On Oct 13, 2016
dunkem21:
Seunmsg, what will it benefit you guys to embarrass the President?

How could SR put words into our first lady's mouth in that she is referring to Daura and Kyari?

Why are you trolling me? Aisha Buhari granted the interview and not me. If you don't like what she said, take her up and not me. Beside, ain't you wailers suppose to be happy about this development?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by seunmsg(m): 2:10am On Oct 13, 2016
mamabomboy:
It really sucks being an Afonja. From birth you are cursed with a low IQ of 9%. Mr Dullardo go on with your flogging of the senseless Afonja race.

There is absolutely no sense in your post. Prof. Ango Abdullahi was the first to complain about the unusual influence that Mamman Daura and Abba Kyari had on the president. Now, the presidents wife is also complaining. So, how does this concern the Yoruba race? You Ibos should learn to always comment on the subject of the thread and stop this silly obsession with the Yoruba race.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by aybabz101: 2:12am On Oct 13, 2016
I jst dont understand hw governance work in dis country. Ministers getting approval from one mr daura to access funds jst because he is related to a daft president. I jst dnt know wat will save my cointry frm abject nepotism. And na dis same buhari dey form jetli after judges. Ye...... mo gbe. At dis stage i jst dnt know wat is next. Jona na problem but believe me oga buhari na real catastrophe ooooo. Na only God go deliver Nigeria frm hypocrisy n nepotism

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR by Sibrah: 2:13am On Oct 13, 2016
Something isn't right about how SR is reporting this news.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Policewoman Stripped Unclad In Onitsha By Ngozi Okpagu And His Boys / Police Officer, M.A Kaura Saves Woman From Mob Attack In Abuja (Photo) / Burial Of Franklin Obi, His Wife And Son (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.