Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,189 members, 7,957,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil (3628 Views)

Igbo (Biafra) Secession And South South Oil Ignorance / South, Oil Resources Not Developed With Northern Funds – Ann-kio Briggs / Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 27, 2016
The current activity of Niger Delta Avengers have clearly proven that the North or West don't care if South east leave Nigeria. All the one Nigeria supporters cares about is South South oil.

Also BIAFRA agitators don't want BIAFRA without South South oil. Give them South East alone Biafra, they will prefer to remain in Nigeria than form a country that is south east alone.

Nigeria govt was never shakened or moved with all the massive protest for Biafra in the south east. Nigeria Economy was not moved or shaken with all the protest in Aba, Onitcha etc in South east. This clearly shows south east are not very important economically in Nigeria. They are mostly into distribution of goods and not creation of wealth. Importation of foreign goods and goods distribution does little to income of the federation. They rather deplete the reserve than add to the reserve of the country.

But a small group in Niger delta who have not even enjoyed large support from Niger Delta people is already making Nigeria bleed.
Imagine when Niger Delta people decide to protest for Niger delta republic the way South east people have been protesting for Biafra?

This clearly shows only South South is feeding this country Nigeria.

North, South East and South west are mostly parasite who contribute very little to Nigeria and take much.

So when Igbo Shout Biafra it simply means they want to cut off North and Yoruba so dat they become the only parasite to South South.
When North Shout one Nigeria it means they want to be part of the parasite.

My position: It is very unfair for south south alone to be feeding the whole country. With the other 5 geopolitical zone contributing little.
All the other five regions (NE, NW, NC, SW and SE) must contribute their share to the Nigeria state.
If the other five region fail to do this, I clearly support Niger Delta Republic with south south alone.
Thus if Nigeria wont work, let:

North West and North East form Islamic Republic
North Central form Middle Niger Republic
South East Form Biafra
South West form Odua Republic
South South form Niger delta Republic.

This is the best solution to this country with 5 parasite feeding on one 1 prey.

It is unfair and evil.

We should take advantage of this situation and start Massive Protest (peaceful) for Niger Delta Republic.
Our minimum demand should be 50% Resource Control or Nigeria breaks.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by NavierStokes(m): 3:53pm On May 27, 2016
Someone's eyes are opening.

here is someone's post and my reply (taken from another thread)

I think our government is too slow, you cannot allow one section of a country to take us for ransom; that is exactly what Niger Delta militants are doing. When we call our self a united nation, we should not allow anyone to take advantage of us. What they are looking for is for government to negotiate with them and started awarding them unnecessary contract. I will advise government to send army into that area and wipe them out. Such thing cannot happen in USA or UK. Why did we allow that to happen in Nigeria? They need to be taking out, that is the solution. The negotiation done by our last head of state end up in big corruption. Let us stop waste our money. Southwest have contributed Cocoa to the economy of this country before oil was discovered, likewise North have contributed agricultural products to this nation without taking anyone for ransom. This nonsense need to stop, I hope you people in government are listen.

My response below:

My friend all regions contributed to the centre so don't make it look like the southwest or any single region has contributed selflessly like the naija delta.
The moment all regions were required to bring their proceeds to the center a civil war began in a space of a few months. So you see oil has been the primary driver contributing over 280 billion dollars to the entity Nigeria and over a period of 50 years more or less.

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by WeNigerDelta2: 4:00pm On May 27, 2016
tuale4u:
The current activity of Niger Delta Avengers have clearly proven that the North or West don't care if South east leave Nigeria. All the one Nigeria supporters cares about is South South oil.

Also BIAFRA agitators don't want BIAFRA without South South oil. Give them South East alone Biafra, they will prefer to remain in Nigeria than form a country that is south east alone.

Nigeria govt was never shakened or moved with all the massive protest for Biafra in the south east. Nigeria Economy was not moved or shaken with all the protest in Aba, Onitcha etc in South east. This clearly shows south east are not very important economically in Nigeria. They are mostly into distribution of goods and not creation of wealth. Importation of foreign goods and goods distribution does little to income of the federation. They rather deplete the reserve than add to the reserve of the country.

But a small group in Niger delta who have not even enjoyed large support from Niger Delta

South East Form Biafra

This is the best solution to this country with 5 parasite feeding on one 1 prey.

It is unfair and evil.

Lol....Brosss, why I think that most of what you've said is true. I believe you're being very unfair to the folks East of us...
So far on NL since the new agitation started, they have championed for an Independent Niger Delta and an Independent Biafra.
All they seem to care about is this hell hole breaking up and will support anybody championing the cause at we inadvertently lead to their own break up... Also it would be nice if we do eventually go our separate ways to have that strong trade and military partner in the West Africa region, that we know will always have each other's back...
Folks from the other regions though are always screaming "one nigeria" all so they can remain parasitic...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by BUHARIDONMAD: 4:02pm On May 27, 2016
Lord Lugard was a use less soul undecided

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 27, 2016
NavierStokes:
Someone's eyes are opening.

here is someone's post and my reply (taken from another thread)

My response below:

I am very angry because other region are not contributing their best to the country. Since we are providing crude oil for foreign reserve, I expect the North to be contributing Massive agriculture not the current one they are doing.

The west should be growing massive cocoa. And south east should be contributing their share too.\

A situation where Igbo, Yoruba and hausa are contributing little is annoying. They are all contributing little because of our oil.
Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 27, 2016
WeNigerDelta2:

Lol....Brosss, why I think that most of what you've said is true. I believe you're being very on fair to the folks East of us...
So far on NL since the new agitation started, they have championed for an Independent Niger Delta and an Independent Biafra.
All they seem to care about is this hell hole breaking up and will support anybody championing the cause at we inadvertently lead to their own break up... Also it would be nice if we do eventually go our separate ways to have that strong trade and military partner in the West Africa region, that we know will always have each other's back...
Folks from the other regions though are always screaming "one nigeria" all so they can remain parasitic...

I am in support of BIAFRA 100% as long as no Single South South land is on their Map.

South South people have one thing in common. we are all minority. that makes us one. we don't want any majority among us.

5 Likes

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by QuotaSystem: 4:07pm On May 27, 2016
OP can you explain exactly what direct EFFORT indigenes of the Niger Delta have put into 'feeding Nigeria' as you alleged?

Direct answer or don't bother responding.

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Ogbuefi2020: 4:08pm On May 27, 2016
tuale4u:

But a small group in Niger delta who have not even enjoyed large support from Niger Delta people is already making Nigeria bleed.
Imagine when Niger Delta people decide to protest for Niger delta republic the way South east people have been protesting for Biafra?

North, South East and South west are mostly parasite who contribute very little to Nigeria and take much.

So when Igbo Shout Biafra it simply means they want to cut off North and Yoruba so dat they become the only parasite to South South.

My position: It is very unfair for south south alone to be feeding the whole country. With the other 5 geopolitical zone contributing little.
All the other five regions (NE, NW, NC, SW and SE) must contribute their share to the Nigeria state.
If the other five region fail to do this, I clearly support Niger Delta Republic with south south alone.

South East Form Biafra

It is unfair and evil.

We should take advantage of this situation and start Massive Protest (peaceful) for Niger Delta Republic.
Resource based economy is what you are boasting with when its the same reason Nigeria is like this?? Bros, knowledge based economy now rules. And please do not underestimate trade especially retail, check the chart below. Retail contributed more to GDP growth than mining, agric, manufacturing and finance etc. NOTE: the research is for USA not Nigeria intoxicated by cheap money from oil

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by ruggedboy01: 4:08pm On May 27, 2016
Zombie don wake up cheesy grin
Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Ogbuefi2020: 4:10pm On May 27, 2016
tuale4u:

I am in support of BIAFRA 100% as long as no Single South South land is on their Map.

South South people have one thing in common. we are all minority. that makes us one. we don't want any majority among us.
yes, but let nobody force anybody on where to belong, let there be a referrandum and Bi.afra and Niger delta. You cant get Niger delta republic with insincerity, there are igbos in SS

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by WeNigerDelta2: 4:12pm On May 27, 2016
tuale4u:

I just believe now we should focus our energy on building allies with those that share our vision of disintegration instead of making snide remarks towards them...
We know what's the core of the SS and they know and respect that as well...The only contentions are the Igbotic SS...Please let those folks decide their future/destiny and who they want to be with....If the decide to join Biafra all good, if they wanna stick with Niger Delta we've always been welcoming...
We don't have they right to decide any bodies future...The same way no one as the right to tell Itsekhiris we are Yoruba....
Just my 2 cents though...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by NavierStokes(m): 4:15pm On May 27, 2016
tuale4u:

I am very angry because other region are not contributing their best to the country. Since we are providing crude oil for foreign reserve, I expect the North to be contributing Massive agriculture not the current one they are doing.

The west should be growing massive cocoa. And south east should be contributing their share too.\

A situation where Igbo, Yoruba and hausa are contributing little is annoying. They are all contributing little because of our oil.

Exactly what the agitation in the Niger Delta region has been about, from the times of Major Isaac jasper Adams Boro. Allow each region fans for herself. Nigeria's only period of prosperity were the years when we practised regionalism, as soon as everyone realized they could feed fat off the Niger Delta, everyone slacked. Talk about being a lazy and treacherous parasite, you have a clear example here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Ariani: 4:18pm On May 27, 2016
OP is a Yoruba man.

But nevertheless, I think his post deserve a response to set things right.

Igbo agitation for independent nation that will not include Yorubas and Hausas have always had non Igbo inclusion from SS because, we don't want a situation were the Hausa-Fulanis and their Yoruba partners will use the non Igbo clans in SS against Ndiigbo.

In the light of the above, it became imperative that for Ndiigbo to secede successfully, we needed a strongly pro secession and anti Nigerian SS that will not be used as willing tools to stop us. But since no such pro secession group had arose from the SS, it became strategic that we included and welcomed them in our secession plans.

But now that NDA is filling the vacuum by bridging the disconnect between the SE and SS and connecting the two regions as pro secession zone, we mustn include any non Igbo speaking group in our nation , it's their right to chose, but we maintain that a plebiscite must be conducted in every Igbo speaking territory in current SS, for the people to chose between Bia*** nation and ND republic.

I understand that we also need a pro secession Igalla and Idoma, to prevent them from serving as launching pads to the Hausa-Fulani and their Yoruba partners in their March to the East. A pro secession Igala and Idoma also means that we can reclaim our Igbo speaking territories currently trapped in Oju, Okpokwu and Obi LGAs of Benue state.

4 Likes

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 27, 2016
Take a look at this map...it is divided into 3...there's a reason it's that way...

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by cybernaut(m): 4:24pm On May 27, 2016
If u don't no much abt history u better stop. There is a lot of oil in biafraland in imo state pls research for it. In ebonyi state is gold,silver,aluminum at ikwo minning company what off enugu wit untapped coal dat can generate power in d whole of Africa continent ,in anambra oil is dia now and abia state oil is also dia.what bonny island,ikwere,igwrocha(port harcourt) stoling away igbo land after biafra war.i laugh at u because u don't knw history.

10 Likes

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by theDEVILisHERE: 4:26pm On May 27, 2016
tuale4u:

South East Form Biafra

It is unfair and evil.

My friend
There is nothing like South South or South East

What you have is Eastern Region
also known as Biafara

This is what has been since the beginning of time not some colonial created crapy buncum aka SS, SE

10 Likes

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Ariani: 4:30pm On May 27, 2016
Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Ariani: 4:32pm On May 27, 2016
In summary:

Ndiigbo can't afford to be Blockaded again by Hausa-Fulani and their Yoruba partners using our immediate pro Nigerian neighbors.
We would ensure this by:

1. Making sure that our Sea corridor and Western borders towards Edo is peopled by a pro secession SS nation ie ND nation, that will not be used by the Fulani Hausas to blockade us or invade us.

2. Securing our Northern borders by instigating a pro secession Igalla and Idoma nation's that would resist being used as a launching pad by Nigerians to attack our Northern borders.

The above is what the shout of a United ND + Ndiigbo+ Igalla and Idoma have been all about.
Not the OP silly Nigerian parasitic fascination with crude delusions, unless you can tell me that Igalla and Idoma have crude oil too, because apparently, Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB have their eyes set on Igala and Idoma as integral parts of Bia****, when in truth it is only hoped that with time, enough agents would have been radicalized within those groups that would stand up and push for the secession of those groups from Nigeria.

All our immediate neighbors must not become Bia***s, but they must atleast be made to become pro secession to ease our own secession from the colonial British contraption, that's the end game.

7 Likes

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by theDEVILisHERE: 4:39pm On May 27, 2016
Ariani:
In summary:

Ndiigbo can't afford to be Blockaded again by Hausa-Fulani and their Yoruba partners using our immediate pro Nigerian neighbors.
We would ensure this by:

1. Making sure that our Sea corridor and Western borders towards Edo is peopled by a pro secession SS nation ie ND nation, that will not be used by the Fulani Hausas to blockade us or invade us.

2. Securing our Northern borders by instigating a pro secession Igalla and Idoma nation's that would resist being used as a launching pad by Nigerians to attack our Northern borders.

The above is what the shout of a United ND + Ndiigbo+ Igalla and Idoma has been all about.
Not the OP silly fascination with crude oillusions, unless you can tell me that Igalla aMr Idoma have crude oil too, because apparently, Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB has their eyes set on Igala and Idoma as integral parts of Bia****, it is hoped that wwith time, enough agents would have been radicalized from those groups that would stand up and push for the secession of those groups from Nigeria.

All our immediate neighbors must not become Bia***s, but they must be made to become pro secession to ease our own secession from the colonial British contraption.

Anything championed by ndigbo, Niger delta, Ijaw, Idoma, Ibibio or what ever random ethnic crap is bound to fail

Anything championed by the Eastern region will succeed cause that is the authentic identity of the people of that Area before the demonic British came to destroy what was there

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 27, 2016
tuale4u:

Let me correct you. The South-South as understood by generality of Igbos consist of many ethnic nationalities and of which Igbo sub-groups form a large part. Thus the South-South is not just a minority enclave.
Second, the South-South is never an ethinic group, its just the bounding of many tribes to form one geo-political zone. A different scenario all together from other southern zones like the SW and the SE with wholly ethnic Yoruba and Igbo inhabitants. So it means that the only thing uniting this nebulous zone is just two things 'the tag south-south' and 'the natural resource oil'. When you remove these two, all you have are different ethnicities with different identity and conflicting agenda.
Bearing in mind these differences, it becomes natural that many group within the so-called South-South may cleave closer to people whom they share a lot in common. Ie, the Itshekiri's and Akoko-Edo's may want a united country with the Yoruba's while the Anioma's and Igbo Rivers may also want a united nation with their SE Igbo kins. Therefore, and importantly any future Niger-Delta republic inclusive of any Igbo group will fail even before it's actualized. This is the truth. So the only way to actualize it (NDR) is to forget about adding Igbo groups to your republic.
However, the Igbo nation is behind any group or groups after self-determination. As a matter of fact we do, because we believe in justice, equity and fairness. We support the ambition of the Niger-Deltans. Yet, that doesn't mean we would blindly or foolishly give up our territories to the Niger-Delta republic. So, bear in mind that not an inch of Igboland shall be ceded to any group whether through crook or hook.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Ariani: 4:53pm On May 27, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

Anything championed by ndigbo, Niger delta, Ijaw, Idoma, Ibibio or what ever random ethnic crap is bound to fail

Anything championed by the Eastern region will succeed cause that is the authentic identity of the people of that Area

Lol! That's no strategy. Eastern region failed in her first attempt at secession because she was blockaded, if those issues that led to her first blockade is not slighted out, she will be blockaded again and will fail again.

Buhari's first mission on resuming power, was to travel all over the world signing pacts with world powers and our immediate neighbors in Niger, Cameroun and the rest, he is a Fulani man that understands the "game of power" wella, and you are here being so sunstrategic.

Ndiigbo is never going to successfully secede from Nigeria, if we don't find away to make our immediate neighbors in SS and North central( Igala and Idoma) want out of Nigeria more than us.

You think Kanu is stupid when he was drawing Bia*** map to include the whole of SS ( carefully excluding Edo) and then including Igalla and Idoma?
Do you realistically think that he doesn't know that those people will not actually end up in the same nation with Ndiigbo? Think again.

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by olasubomi007(m): 4:59pm On May 27, 2016
undecided undecided undecided You guys are a disgrace... Calling for Nigeria to be divided... Nothing will work if Nigeria is divided.
Believe me.. It won't work

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 27, 2016
WeNigerDelta2:

Lol....Brosss, why I think that most of what you've said is true. I believe you're being very unfair to the folks East of us...
another south beastern naija delta wannabe spotted grin

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 27, 2016
THIS IS THE BEST ANALYSIS I HAVE HEARD CONCERNING PRESENT MOVEMENT OF NDA
Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Ngozi123(f): 5:14pm On May 27, 2016
@tuale4u

Are you from the South-South? If so, which ethnic group do you belong to? This will determine how I reply to your comments.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 27, 2016
tuale4u:

hehehehe and you think there won't minority group and majority groups if you finally have your utopian naija delta republic?

You think other minority groups will just sit and watch ijaw dictates everything that goes on in naijadelt? You think the Ijaws will want to reliquinsh power to let's say Ibibio or isteskiri or urohbo, or anioma? How long do you think the marriage of minorities will last before it degenerates to another Nigeria?

Any hoo, me I support anything that will end this contraption. I'm 100% sure my oodua nation will not suffer. We didn't suffer before oyel, and we will never suffer after oyel.

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by theDEVILisHERE: 5:33pm On May 27, 2016
Ariani:

Lol! That's no strategy. Eastern region failed in her first attempt at secession because she was blockaded, if those issues that led to her first blockade is not slighted out, she will be blockaded again and will fail again.

Buhari's first mission on resuming power, was to travel all over the world signing pacts with world powers and our immediate neighbors in Niger, Cameroun and the rest, he is a Fulani man that understands the "game of power" wella, and you are here being so sunstrategic.

Ndiigbo is never going to successfully secede from Nigeria, if we don't find away to make our immediate neighbors in SS and North central( Igala and Idoma) want out of Nigeria more than us.

You think Kanu is stupid when he was drawing Bia*** map to include the whole of SS ( carefully excluding Edo) and then including Igalla and Idoma?
Do you realistically think that he doesn't know that those people will not actually end up in the same nation with Ndiigbo? Think again.

?

Look Mr Kanu didn't draw any so called map
The map pertaining this issue has been in existence for centuries

This is an issue that is far deeper and beyond any so called kanu, SS, SE, idoma, igbo , igalla or what ever

There is a reason why those pursuing the issue are gravely determined

And there is also a reason why those opposed to it are scared shit

The world is about to enter a new face my friend!
Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by kc2hansome(m): 7:09pm On May 27, 2016
Typical zombie post. No one wants the north. Even the west can sustain itself better than them. Islam extremist would make live unbearable there if there is a separation. Checkout Syria for example. No one wants cow thinking people.
Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by enlightenedmind: 7:27pm On May 27, 2016
U guys still do not get d gist? America has made u guys irrelevant in d world. If NDAvenegrs stop now, Oil prices will fall down lower than $21 pb. We cant even make profit from dat. What they r clamouring for now is agricultural land. The age of oil is over n dead. Agric is d future. D west has lost all arable land n dey fighting with china for land on africa. u pple r stil dere saying oil afta 30 yrs.
Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Kyase(m): 7:41pm On May 27, 2016
Hmm
I won't mind if Nigeria divide, but i will love to remain with the yorubas in thesame country, they are the most peaceful set of humans in this country.
We have more than 10 nations in this country.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by RareDiamonds: 7:45pm On May 27, 2016
IMO AND ABIA STATE HAVE HUGE QUANTITIES OF OIL AND GAS RESERVES.
Re: BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 27, 2016
tuale4u:

Yoruba man...are you not tired of dividing people. Ewu

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose Speaks On Decamping From PDP To APC / On Nysc:- Bukola Saraki Did Not Serve The Nation Through Nysc & He Should Resign / Hon. Mojisola Alli-macaulay (mama Amuwo) Defiling The Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.