Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! (27712 Views)

Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees / British Airways Sacks Hostess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerians / I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by plaetton: 7:51pm On May 27, 2016
enlightenedmind:
they should go biko. Shell, BA, Chevron, Total etc they have never benefited us. They should go.

Nigeria might actually be a better country if all British interests are fully divested from Nigeria.
They are an ill wind that blows no good.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by chicent2k3(m): 7:52pm On May 27, 2016
Said Buhari!!!! My hero!!! Carry go jare. grin[code][/code]

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by kayalcomp: 7:52pm On May 27, 2016
I beg, is there nobody in this country to tell Buhari that his economy policy is killing Nigeria economy. Infact everything is costly etc.

4 Likes

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by enlightenedmind: 7:53pm On May 27, 2016
plaetton:

Nigeria might actually be a better country if all British interests are fully divested from Nigeria.

dey r d problem. They r behind d first biafra war. SE made a mistake thinking dey were fighting Nigerians or 4 britain. SE/SS common man playing into all dese political geo-economic sabbotage. Dey will eventually end up as refugees on d atlantic coz we know wat will happen next.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by madridsta007(m): 7:57pm On May 27, 2016
amaechi1:

Your economy is long gone before now. Pity you are just realizing that Nigeria economy was a window dressing. When people were shouting of lack of infrastructure to support the economy, maybe you did not understand.

LOL.

Everything rises or falls based on leadership.

We should start by telling ourselves the truth.

We are having the most unfortunate leadership in Nigeria since 1999.

4 Likes

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by waternogeteneny: 7:57pm On May 27, 2016
enlightenedmind:

dey r d problem. They r behind d first biafra war. SE made a mistake thinking dey were fighting Nigerians or 4 britain. SE/SS common man playing into all dese political geo-economic sabbotage. Dey will eventually end up as refugees on d atlantic coz we know wat will happen next.

The US AND UK have long predicted that the African is a liability and no different from a wild animal.

Pls, once again prove them right. I am sure they have made all necessary arrangement.

This is 2016 and they are harvesting their own oil and have even enough energy to sell to Nigeria.

The only real losers here is the greedy traitors from the North that collaborated with foreigners to steal from Niger Delta for close to 60 years and have poverty to show for it.

It would appear that the party was over before Buhari Presidency. #gameover

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by manny4life(m): 7:58pm On May 27, 2016
plaetton:

I beg to differ, I don't think they are the problem. They're only adding or rather, cashing in on an unstructured foundation called Nigeria. If Nigeria had a institutions in place to checkmate their excesses, you would see they aren't the problem. Why blame British Airways when we can't manage Nigerian Airlines? Why blame Chevron, Shell, etc when we don't have institutions dedicated primarily to Oil exploration. Biko let's stop the blame game.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by miky(m): 8:00pm On May 27, 2016
Sai baba ko Sai baba ni

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by kayalcomp: 8:01pm On May 27, 2016
I beg, is there nobody in this country to tell Buhari that his economy policy is killing Nigeria economy?Infact everything is costly, people are losing their jobs etc.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by madridsta007(m): 8:02pm On May 27, 2016
jawjaw1:

If you think that Ngozi can save Nigeria from the lack of forex issue at hand, then my dear friend, you need to go back to kindergarten. The long years of relying on oil and importing almost everything we need has finally come to hunt us. The chicken has finally come home to roast.

My humble advise is that Nigerians should brace up for further hard times. Tighten your belt everyone, its going to be a long difficult ride.

Ngozi is better, better, better placed and most qualified to steer Nigeria out of this economic quagmire.

Appoint her and see if the markets and stock exchange do not respond positively.

Privately, we all know this. I have a friend who's incidentally an APC man from the North, who's hoping that those economic egg-heads who Obj, YarAdua and GEJ used are reappointed by Buhari... He's hoping, privately.

But nothing of such will happen. The President will rather see Nigeria's economy crumble than do what he should do for the nation. His pride and 'people' are more important.

We know this. Let's stop pretending to ourselves.

But of course, Nigeria values mediocrity, nepotism and tribalism over excellence. We should continue deceiving ourselves. I hope that when we finally decide to get serious, salvaging the country's economy will still be possible. Or possible within a short space of time.

In the mean time, let us continue to deceive ourselves.

5 Likes

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 27, 2016
waternogeteneny:

The US AND UK have long predicted that the African is a liability and no different from a wild animal.

Pls, once again prove them right. I am sure they have made all necessary arrangement.

This is 2016 and they are harvesting their own oil and have even enough energy to sell to Nigeria.

The only real losers here is the greedy traitors from the North that collaborated with foreigners to steal from Niger Delta for close to 60 years and have poverty to show for it.

It would appear that the party was over before Buhari Presidency. #gameover

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Ofodirinwa: 8:05pm On May 27, 2016

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Sanchase: 8:06pm On May 27, 2016
Nigerian economy is sinking faster than the Titanic.
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by travelex2015(m): 8:06pm On May 27, 2016
thats a tough decision
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by erico2k2(m): 8:07pm On May 27, 2016
plaetton:

How old are you?

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by plaetton: 8:08pm On May 27, 2016
enlightenedmind:

I have no idea what you're talking about , and how this discussion became a SE issue.

Pls Get your historical facts right.

It was Britain that encouraged Gowon to breach the Aburi Accord, which made the civil war inevitable.

It was the same Britain that supported and ensured victory for Nigeria against Igbos , who are traditionally Republican and hostile to British hegemonic interests.

British divestments in Nigeria would be good on the long run.

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by nextstep(m): 8:08pm On May 27, 2016
acooriz:
Biko...let me leavw Nigeria b4 its too late

Better hurry, before all the airlines close up. grin

I'll quote myself from December 2015:

"However, the short term draconian shutting off will send the economy into a downward spiral since people can't spend their money, businesses and banks will get more tight fisted, which means less hiring, which means less money, and so on. It's not rocket science, and it's not mere speculation: we've actually been through this scenario [1983-1984] before and it took us 25 years to recover."

I just hope we will be wiser with our choice of leaders in 2019

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by plaetton: 8:09pm On May 27, 2016
erico2k2:

How old are you?

Make your point, and stop the silly ad hominem attack.
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Bubu4Sea: 8:10pm On May 27, 2016
NavierStokes:
The country is undergoing "change" but by the time this change has been completed, things may have moved beyond recognition.

End effect of solving 2010+s problems with 1980's solutions.
This man you are wicked grin

1 Like

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by bayulll011(m): 8:10pm On May 27, 2016
citizenisb:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-27/british-airways-evaluates-its-nigeria-routes-on-traffic-dollar

if its lack of demand the fg can do nothing about that
not easy access to collect funds,the will cause major collapse of those yori yori bank around
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Bubu4Sea: 8:12pm On May 27, 2016
[size=14pt]SAI Baba [/size]grin

1 Like

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Checked86: 8:12pm On May 27, 2016
enlightenedmind:

my dear if u do not know anything about economics plz seize from having opinions on economic policies. go to angola, usa, and all OPEC states, do u see anyone besides themselves there controlling their resources? "U must control ur means of production to actually create wealth, else u r just cheap labour". ---- Karl Marx. Fundemental of economics.

How many Nigerians know ow to opereate a full working refinary? How many Nigerians know how to technically construct the Engineering layout or even d paper sketch of a refinary? U think it is cheap oil money that will emancipate N-Delta? Until Niger Delta control, refine, distribute and sell their resources, from raw material to finished goods, they will be exploited. Whereever u r , Biafra, Nigeria, Republic of Niger Delta, where ever, until u pple do this, the region will never b economically liberated. After Shell dem go, its Chinese and Russia's turn. Get readdy.
I am an economist and I pride myself for being one. If you are an economist, I suggest you take up some courses on Development Economics ... it has helped many. You talk of resource control as if Nigeria started existing yesterday. We are always quick to say, "go, we do not need you". The white 'GO' and even Ghana 'GO' but how have we benefited from that decision? I think we should learn from South Africa. About Nigerians not knowing how to run refineries, please do not look down on Nigerians. We have professional.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by plaetton: 8:12pm On May 27, 2016
manny4life:

I beg to differ, I don't think they are the problem. They're only adding or rather, cashing in on an unstructured foundation called Nigeria. If Nigeria had a institutions in place to checkmate their excesses, you would see they aren't the problem. Why blame British Airways when we can't manage Nigerian Airlines? Why blame Chevron, Shell, etc when we don't have institutions dedicated primarily to Oil exploration. Biko let's stop the blame game.

I agree with you. I wasn't blaming the oil companies per se.

I was simply expressing my opinion that Britain and British interests are natural saboteurs of African interests,be it political, economic or geopolitical.
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by fireforfire: 8:13pm On May 27, 2016
Hian.....Wats happening in nig
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Dlionsheart: 8:15pm On May 27, 2016
naijaboy756:
Must we wait for this old man to complete his mission of destroying Nigeria before sending him back to Daura?

Bros, na only him waka com, make e waka go back by himself.

Most we send him packing, don't he know his route back.

Ooh! 2019 is too far.
God pls help us

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by vaca1: 8:16pm On May 27, 2016
naijaboy756:
park well joor. Hand over this country to Ngozi and see thing turn around for good within 6 months. For now, the chief dullard is in charge
GOD BLESS U. I KEEP ON SAYING THIS. BUT PRIDE WILL NOT ALLOW THEM

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by loomer: 8:35pm On May 27, 2016
Checked86:
you do not know anything about development neither do you know what it takes to run a country. What do you need from the multinational companies? Do you know how many Nigerians on their payroll, do you know how much they pay as tax? Do your research very well and pose that your question again, may be by then you will be able to answer it yourself. People defend Buhari, but I am sorry, none of them is as clueless as you are.

Leave that one jare, wetin him sabi pass to blow grammar. Make him ask Ireland how things be wen companies been dey pack their load leave the country.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Chukazu: 8:38pm On May 27, 2016
where thar particular guy that was talking trash on United Airlines post.. can he also defend this?
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Nobleking2000(m): 8:43pm On May 27, 2016
pinkyliceous:
These fair-weather international companies, you enjoyed with us for the longest, why not endure with us for a short while?

I am not a zombie.

The owners of these Airlines are businessmen and not philanthropist so they do business to make profit. How would you expect them to be in an unfavorable business environment whereas the condition was intentionally caused by The government.
So you as a business man if a business environment becomes unfavorable won't you leave that environment ?
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by Chukazu: 8:44pm On May 27, 2016
plaetton:

I agree with you. I wasn't blaming the oil companies per se.

I was simply expressing my opinion that Britain and British interests are natural saboteurs of African interests,be it political, economic or geopolitical.

Britain natural saboteurs of Nigerian interest...seriously?
when they were supplying Nigeria ammunition to examinate Biafran soldiers during the Civil War, were they also saboteurs?
Re: British Airways Considering Leaving Nigeria!! by bilazego(m): 8:46pm On May 27, 2016
naijaboy756:
Must we wait for this old man to complete his mission of destroying Nigeria before sending him back to Daura?

Why are bordered ? we are on a mission to CHANGE Nigeria .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

There Is No Difference Between Nigeria Air And MMM — Nigerians / Construction Of New Terminal At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport, Lagos / Truck Driver Strips, Puts Up "Dramatic Dispaly" After Hitting A Car (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.