Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees (78297 Views)

Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight / I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) / Man Wears 15 Shirts At Airport To Avoid Paying Flight Baggage Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by EmagNig(m): 8:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
Ryan Carney Williams is a man who tried to avoid British Airways excess luggage fee by wearing all his clothing. He was however arrested – for wearing an excessive amount of clothing.

Ryan Carney Williams was allegedly denied a boarding pass at the BA desk for his flight from Iceland to England after he wore all the extra clothing that would not fit into his luggage.

In a tweet he posted on twitter and showing his anger at the airline, he said:

‘@British_Airways hi being held at Iceland Keflavik airport because I had no baggage put all the clothes on and they still won’t let me on. Racial profiling? Or…..’

Video footage showed him requesting from the airline employees why they would deny him from boarding. Airline staff can be heard saying ‘do we need to call the police?’ to which he replies ‘yes, if needs be. I haven’t done anything wrong.’

According to British Airways, Williams was being rude so they decided not to give him any attention, but when it was obvious he wasn't ready to leave the desk, they had to call on security guards.

In a later tweet, Williams said he was arrested, sprayed with mace and held on the ground when he refused to lave.

After giving a statement to police, he returned to the airport the next day to get an EasyJet flight, but once he’d gone through security, he claims he was stopped from getting on the plane again.

He tweeted:

‘And AGAIN! Refused from 2 flights in 2 days for no valid reason.’

He claims he was stuck at Iceland airport with no money and his luggage already on the plane to England without him. He eventually boarded a Norwegian flight back home and was allegedly refunded the price of his flights from BA and easyJet.

A spokesperson for British Airways says:

‘We give our customers a wide range of fares to choose from to meet their needs.

‘Our hand baggage only fares from Iceland are as low as £47 each way, and are designed for customers who are travelling without any hold baggage.

‘We do understand that our customers’ plans can change so they can choose to pay a fee at the airport if they need an extra bag.

‘We explained our policy to our customer, and offered him an alternative flight to London.’

A spokesperson for easyJet says:

‘The Captain and the ground crew were concerned about reports from the previous day so we provided a refund and he travelled with another airline.’

http://lailasnews.com/man-wears-all-his-clothes-at-the-airport-to-avoid-british-airways-luggage-fees/

lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2018
grin grin grin

Reducing cost by all means possible

79 Likes

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
grin grin grin
Weak I am

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Blakjewelry(m): 8:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
They say use your head, the guy is actually using his head

198 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 18, 2018
that's wise and the same time hilarious

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Hardeybohwarley(m): 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2018
We're in 2018 and the guy is already in 2038

207 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 18, 2018
he's avoiding luggage by actually lookin lyk a luggage wit head

59 Likes

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Yeligray(m): 10:38pm On Jan 18, 2018
Sharp guy.

1 Like

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 18, 2018
Lol. I remember when I boarded arik air flight to Lagos. After being granted my boarding pass & undergoing all the security check.

I was stopped upon boarding the plane by one of airik air warden, because he saw a bag I was carrying that contained groundnut oil. I was delayed and even threatened that I wouldnt board the plane if I don't drop back my groundnut oil.

Long story cut short, I had to give the air traffic controller my groundnut oil to dispose for me... Lol

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by DeKen: 11:06pm On Jan 18, 2018
Heat no go kill am?
Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Moblord(m): 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2018
clown of the century
Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Emerikoss: 11:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
So he's now luggage with headcheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by lilreese: 12:32am On Jan 19, 2018
lol
Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by pussyeater(m): 1:38am On Jan 19, 2018
Poverty. Na by force to travel to London undecided
Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Mrkumareze(m): 2:11am On Jan 19, 2018
I no blame the guy, luggage things at the airport can provoke eh. I once gave out a bag filled with clothes at the airport just to avoid their excess luggage charges which is extremely on the high side.

1 Like

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Kobicove(m): 2:32am On Jan 19, 2018
The airline staff were right to deny him access to the airplane.

In the event of an emergency evacuation he could impede rescue efforts.

2 Likes

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Queenext: 2:59am On Jan 19, 2018
Too brainy of a guy..

Brain no let am rest

2 Likes

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Nobody: 4:47am On Jan 19, 2018
Blakjewelry:
They say use your head, the guy is actually using his head
You better ask him how he's doing it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Partnerbiz(f): 7:13am On Jan 19, 2018
he looks like nwaamaikpe...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by dayleke: 8:02am On Jan 19, 2018
oga70563:
Lol. I remember when I boarded arik air flight to Lagos. After being granted my boarding pass & undergoing all the security check.

I was stopped upon boarding the plane by one of airik air warden, because he saw a bag I was carrying that contained groundnut oil. I was delayed and even threatened that I wouldnt board the plane if I don't drop back my groundnut oil.

Long story cut short, I had to give the air traffic controller my groundnut oil to dispose for me... Lol

No liquid allowed as carry on policy

6 Likes

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Sijo01(f): 8:06am On Jan 19, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy some people are just crazy without having an idea of it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by chynie: 8:07am On Jan 19, 2018
Arrested for wearing an excess of clothing grin grin grin grin grin
These people will not come and kill us o

3 Likes

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by dakeskese(m): 8:07am On Jan 19, 2018
Igbo blood runs in him.

They can like money eh

4 Likes

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by olamil34(m): 8:07am On Jan 19, 2018
grin
Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by darbeelicous(f): 8:08am On Jan 19, 2018
havent u heard? real heroes don't wear capes.

they wear all their clothes at d airport to avoid extra charges!!
salute sir!!
cool cheesy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Ogenebk: 8:09am On Jan 19, 2018
No time na

1 Like

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by otokx(m): 8:09am On Jan 19, 2018
An airline in Nigeria should introduce hand baggage only option at a reduced rate.
Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by nawtyme: 8:09am On Jan 19, 2018
Lol

3 Likes

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by obowunmi(m): 8:10am On Jan 19, 2018
grin

Hahhahahaha
Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by Sunnywhite33: 8:10am On Jan 19, 2018
Sense will Sha not kill this guy one day

2 Likes

Re: Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees by goforit: 8:12am On Jan 19, 2018
It happens to flyers sometimes. He used his brain truly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos / Entry To Delta State Blocked. No Movement ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.