Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,090 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends (48281 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Peace Mass Transit In Accident At Okogbo Town. No Survivors (graphic Photos) / Accident Victim Takes A Selfie At The Scene Posts It On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by calliope(f): 11:58am On May 28, 2016
EVILFOREST:
PEACE MASS TRANSIT wants to destroy the meaning of PEACE.
I am writing from a practical experience.
I left Enugu for Port Harcourt, seated in front.
Few minutes into the journey, while still in Enugu, the peace mass transit driver started nodding his head semiconsciously (SLEEPING behind wheels).
I Screamed and alerted other passengers.
I still appreciate GOD for that, because i saw an incoming truck and the peace Driver had already veered off his lane.
They hardly get some rest.
Challenge passengers all through.
Young and Irresponsible ( most still single)
Usually get angry while behind wheels.
Must respond to every gist.
They run fast, no matter how you shout, the driver gears up sef... Expect you threaten to call their head office wit u dialing the no as the driver watch.... undecided
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by macaranta(m): 12:02pm On May 28, 2016
Rip...over speeding in awful weather conditions is always a recipe for disaster.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by tr3y(m): 12:04pm On May 28, 2016
kaziblake:
Rest in peace...I hope he died in christ
He died in Peace mass transit bus
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by kaziblake(f): 12:07pm On May 28, 2016
tr3y:

He died in Peace mass transit bus
I know he was among the accident victims
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by dorocent(m): 12:08pm On May 28, 2016
May his soul RIP... Lord direct our footsteps frm danger IJN ...AMEN
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by DedeNkem: 12:08pm On May 28, 2016
98% of accidents in Nigeria involve trailer/truck. Truck drivers are the worst drivers in this country.

Why can government do something about this?
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by tobechukwuka(m): 12:15pm On May 28, 2016
valdes00:

Thank u very much for this post. Its time for us to rise and say NO to this blood sucking peaces mass trasit. Please spread this news to ur love ones and family members. AVOID PEACES MASS TRANSIT!
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Ladycloud(f): 12:15pm On May 28, 2016
EVILFOREST:
Few minutes into the journey, while still in Enugu, the peace mass transit driver started nodding his head semiconsciously (SLEEPING behind wheels).

I still appreciate GOD for that, because i saw an incoming truck and the peace Driver had already veered off his lane.

exactly...
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by HomeOfMe(f): 12:15pm On May 28, 2016
morereb10:
Sequel to the goods news today about one of the Peace Mass Transit victims that woke up from Coma recently, you can read more about it here, friends of one of the victim of the fatal motor accident involving bus and a trailer on its way to Umuahia, Abia State, from Enugu State, where 13 passengers lost their lives, Tony Erondu, have been thrown into mourning as the handsome young man was identified.

This is a situation no parent, family or friends wish on any of their loved ones. We morn you today Master Erondu Tony and may your soul rest in peace.

RIP.... See what his friends are saying on socials .......

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/05/gone-too-soon-friends-family-mourn-one.html

If we had a caring and responsible govt,they would have banned trucks and heavy duty vehicles from plying the roads in the day time,and if you decide to travel at night,at your own risk;but no,our politicians,most of them own the heavy duty trucks,etc.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by lordkhalifa(m): 12:16pm On May 28, 2016
Drivers from dis part of the world are rogues....

Devils no agree close him eyes for dis one's

Untimely death will never be our portion if u believe shout a bombastic Amen...
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by bishopkay: 12:19pm On May 28, 2016
Afritop:

THE STORY ON THE HEADLINES WAS THAT THE TRUCK DRIVER WHO WAS ON HIGH SPEED WAS TO BLAME AS HE VEERED OFF HIS PATH TO THE DIRECTION OF THE PEACE TRANSIT DRIVER. EVEN EYEWITNESSES AT THE SCENE GAVE THEIR ACCOUNT THAT PEACE TRANSIT DRIVER WAS NOT OVER SPEEDING. ITS JUST TOO UNFORTUNATE

And you believed them? The report I heard though was that the bus was over speeding and trying to over take another, when he got into the truck's lane.
I've had first hand experience with PMT and accidents come normally with them. What even still baffles me till date even after leaving UNN is the unnatural zombism or should I say brand loyalty displayed by the eastern people towards PMT.

There was a time when I was in my second year at UNN when I opted to boycott their services. If you are in Nsukka, you will know that directly opposite PMT, there's Ifesinachi park. You won't believe there won't be buses at pmt while there are buses in Ifesinachi and other parks but No they'll prefer to queue under the sun, pay higher fares and even endure insults and squabbles from drivers and loaders than to go enter another transport line with descent drivers and well mannered loaders. It really defies natural reasoning!

RIP to the dead

3 Likes

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by EmeeNaka: 12:21pm On May 28, 2016
I don't know whether it's Peace Mass Transit or Fulani Herdsmen that kill Nigerians more.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 28, 2016
Afritop:

THE STORY ON THE HEADLINES WAS THAT THE TRUCK DRIVER WHO WAS ON HIGH SPEED WAS TO BLAME AS HE VEERED OFF HIS PATH TO THE DIRECTION OF THE PEACE TRANSIT DRIVER. EVEN EYEWITNESSES AT THE SCENE GAVE THEIR ACCOUNT THAT PEACE TRANSIT DRIVER WAS NOT OVER SPEEDING. ITS JUST TOO UNFORTUNATE
What else do you expect...?
Why won't the say such. .?
Mind u when everyone is pointing in a particular direction, just know that something is at stake there.

Why PEACE MASS TRANSIT...?
when they started Newly, PEACE TRANSIT recorded an alarming rate of ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS per year.
Until FRSC, intervened. This now made their management adjust their speed limit to 100km/hr ( as customised in their vehicles) Yet these drivers have remained ADAMANT.

THOSE DAYS when PEACE TRANSIT gets involved in an accident, the FIRST remarkable thing they do is to wipe/erase the name PMT from their vehicle.

We all have the facts.
RIP

2 Likes

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by FrankValency(m): 12:26pm On May 28, 2016
Afritop:

my dear, the damage on that bus shows he was on a very high speed, it it were only the truck that was on high speed, it will just hit that bus off the road, hope u know abt equal force, the bis was definitely on a high speed to hav stopped there,I bet you that. those peace drivers drive so reckless because they earn once they make any trip, which is a very bad policy by the management.

1 Like

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by shugaboy6102(m): 12:28pm On May 28, 2016
valdes00:
thank you so very much
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by shugaboy6102(m): 12:29pm On May 28, 2016
valdes00:
thank you so very much hope they listen
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by merit1988(f): 12:40pm On May 28, 2016
REST IN PEACE MASS
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by froshman(m): 12:42pm On May 28, 2016
hmm.... am really shocked! This is actually beyond the physical
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by muller101(m): 12:49pm On May 28, 2016
The last one I boarded from calabar to ibadan was so reckless as if he will driving zombies. Cross country to any where o.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by biker1: 12:53pm On May 28, 2016
valdes00:

My brother u are so right I think a law should be made where we can verify a cars worthiness like they do plate number and also passengers should check for tyre expiry dates and speed beepers should be installed so once d driver gets to 120 it starts making noise .God will help us
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by timilinda(f): 1:01pm On May 28, 2016
EVILFOREST:

Very true! I've noticed the same about PMT years back. And d only day I joined them to Abuja, we had a serious accident just after Lokoja. Fortunately, no one died. Pple should start avoiding PMT as much as possible. Only God knows what they to with human blood.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Generalyemi(m): 1:09pm On May 28, 2016
Oga and madam reading this,is your name in the book of life...we don't have the time table of our exit.JEUSU is the way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by domopps(m): 1:13pm On May 28, 2016
RIP!
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by nicetboy(m): 1:16pm On May 28, 2016
bishopkay:

And you believed them? The report I heard though was that the bus was over speeding and trying to over take another, when he got into the truck's lane.
I've had first hand experience with PMT and accidents come normally with them. What even still baffles me till date even after leaving UNN is the unnatural zombism or should I say brand loyalty displayed by the eastern people towards PMT.

There was a time when I was in my second year at UNN when I opted to boycott their services. If you are in Nsukka, you will know that directly opposite PMT, there's Ifesinachi park. You won't believe there won't be buses at pmt while there are buses in Ifesinachi and other parks but No they'll prefer to queue under the sun, pay higher fares and even endure insults and squabbles from drivers and loaders than to go enter another transport line with descent drivers and well mannered loaders. It really defies natural reasoning!
Honestly my guy you have a point there, I dnt think those patronage are normal. For me I have sworn their juju no go catch me again I rather stay bck than ply with PMT
RIP to the dead
let pple that don't value their lives still patronise them
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Wabiaezoba(m): 1:22pm On May 28, 2016
why are people still entering peace mass after several warnings.i tire ooo.RIP BRO.He is also a soildier.what a loss.....
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by shaibu123: 1:30pm On May 28, 2016
Theory test and practical is what we need in Nigeria driving licence system. These so call drivers do not know the meaning of speed limit or dangerous bend ahead or slippery road slow down,Continuous white line no overtaking. I once ask a bus driver on my way from lagos to Onitsha,what is the meaning of zebra crossing and broken white line on the middle of the road. And he said" i don't know " yet he is going over 140km with 18 lives on board.WHENEVER YOU ARE SEATED BESIDE A DRIVER, ALWAYS SAY TO HIM SLOW DOWN.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by restored2016(m): 1:43pm On May 28, 2016
FrankValency:
Most of these accident can be prevented, a driver speeding like a flight under a heavy rainfall, knowingly fully the road is just one lane, all in a hurry to go make another trip, now u made ur trip to the land of never returning, how awful to die.

Now, this babe took this pics and posted online abt her been on transit that morning, little did she know, she was making her last post on earth and embarking on a journey of never returning. we don't know the hour , we don't know the day, coming to Nairaland to insult ppl, insult ur leaders and make empty threats, it can happen while u are typing. Live a life u won't regret once it happens suddenly ,because u never can tell, BUT I will never wish my enemy to experience such, never awful event. RIP to all that lost their life, I believe the driver will be saying if I had know by now where ever he is, but it is damn tooooooooo late. Overspending especially on a Nigerian road kills faster than HIV/Aids.... #frankvalency
I thought she was the one in Coma that has awoken.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by MARKone(m): 1:51pm On May 28, 2016
bishopkay:

RIP to the dead

Maybe na Jazz. Ifesinachi still dey fu©k up, but can't be compared to PMT, I've never patronised them, and never will, though accident do occur every where, but their's is rather frequent. O well, God's protection is divine. Is it them that owns peace air?
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Xlad(m): 1:54pm On May 28, 2016
I feel so sad.
He was my school-mate and also roommate during our secondary schl days, He was in yellow-house and was the assistant-class captain of JSS1B, ADFIBSS Egbu, Owerri Imo state. I can still remember how we used to challenge ourselves, who's more intelligent, stronger, better footballer, dancer, singer etc and those senior students in the room then were constantly punishing us for making noise.
since 2010, i have been trying to reunite with my schlmates/roommates. searching on facebk. So sad that i discovered your fbk profile 6 days ago with the R.I.P shared by one of our roommates.

Rest In Peace Anthony Erondu cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Gordieshegz(m): 2:00pm On May 28, 2016
kaziblake:
Rest in peace...I hope he died in christ
uou dont die in Christ,,,you live in Christ
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by ever811(m): 2:02pm On May 28, 2016
rest in peace
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by toprealman: 2:03pm On May 28, 2016
Afritop:

Peace mass transit PR failed attempt!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights / Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) / Girl, 15, Among Four Migrants Found Hidden Inside Car Dashboards And Engines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.