Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. (73204 Views)

12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng / Enugu And Lagos In The List Of 100 Resilience Cities In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Yorubanews: 10:18pm On May 28, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

lost which battle?? i want to tell you that igbos dont live in clusters like yorubas and that is why ibadan is bigger than enugu city, meanwhile the hinterlands of enugu state is densely populated with vibrant economic activities, hence the larger IGR

This current battle. When you start scattering all over the place, trying to grab ideas, I know you've lost. First it was brown roofs, then the pictures are fake, then Enugu's IGR is more than Ibadan's. Stick with a point and win it now. All your points, or lack thereof, have been scattered on the winds.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Yorubanews: 10:19pm On May 28, 2016
FlyoruB:

You see why I called you a fowl earlier? You and your fellows always shift goal post the moment you get disgraced. IGR is merely a benchmark of the governor's effort to harness the resources at his disposal. We are talking about a state that is more than 3 times the size of Enugu with at least twice the population. Even without oil derivation Oyo contributes and consequently gets more from the centre than any SE state. A better governor would easily raise the state's IGR to 50-billion without breaking a sweat. It's like saying Ebonyi is better than Anambra coz at some point Ebonyi IGR was higher than Anambra's (I bet even you won't buy such bullshyt) Didn't Obiano recently bridge that gap where Obi failed?? Even Ogun state can't match Oyo when it comes to resources and IGR potential. Oyo comes second only to Lagos in the entire SW and only after the SS states. You are too daft for comfort abeg. It's like you reason through your a$$.

They will buy any bullshit. They even bought that borno scored higher in JAMB than Osun. We don't call them gullibos for no reason.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Yorubanews: 10:20pm On May 28, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

vex ke??

Vex.
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Yorubanews: 10:22pm On May 28, 2016
Ibadan and Ogun peeps una better mark your development. Soon these roaches will start moving to your land and claiming they developed it like they're doing to Lagos even they own less than 10% of the businesses there.
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Boyedex: 10:29pm On May 28, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

stop cursing like a kid, enugu state hinterlands and well populated thats my point with the IGR. thats my point. Nobody is shifting goaal post. ibadan is a large ghetto of poor people.
@flyorub you read my mind exactly.
Tbh it's good that Enugu generates that amount. But you can only wish Enugu is more economically vibrant than the likes of Oyo, Kano, and maybe even Anambra. IGR is always dependent on the state govts capacity to do so. And I'm sure there is no uniform rate charged across States. So try look for another excuse.
The point here is, when you match the urbanized part of Ibadan with any city in the east, it will always be way bigger. Simple.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:30pm On May 28, 2016
Yorubanews:

This current battle. When you start scattering all over the place, trying to grab ideas, I know you've lost. First it was brown roofs, then the pictures are fake, then Enugu's IGR is more than Ibadan's. Stick with a point and win it now. All your points, or lack thereof, have been scattered on the winds.
nonesense, are you not the first to scatter points to size and business districts etc??
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Henrydone: 10:33pm On May 28, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

Enugu beat oyo in IGR always, beat them in poverty rating and academic performance in national exams in fact in everything, the only thing ibadan has to offer is size
University of Ibadan the only Nigeria university and among the 5 Africa university that rank among the best 800 university in the world, Oluyole industrial estate the biggest industrial estate in Nigeria,Ibadan the second most industrialized city in Nigeria following Lagos it state oyo the 4th industrialized states following ogun,Lagos and river respectively,it has the first university,first industry,first brewery,printing and fruits juice industry as well as hotel and hall in Nigeria.it also has the first skyscraper,first television and radio station first modern stadium and the first privately owned television station in the whole of Africa.Does that village called Enugu has such achieve no is the answer and that beautiful about Ibadan.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:33pm On May 28, 2016
Boyedex:
@flyorub you read my mind exactly.
Tbh it's good that Enugu generates that amount. But you can only wish Enugu is more economically viable than the likes of Oyo, Kano, and maybe even Anambra. IGR is always dependent on the state govts capacity to do so. And I'm sure there is no uniform rate charged across States. So try look for another excuse.
The point here is, when you match the urbanized part of Ibadan with any city in the east, it will always be way bigger. Simple.
this is bull shit, few skyscrappers surrounded by rusted shanties cant match anywhere. you keep talking about size and i want to tell you that east live in decentralized settlements, for example, 9th mile which is not part of enugu city is the most industrilized part of the state. in fact every village in the east is viable therefore size is is bull
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:34pm On May 28, 2016
Henrydone:
University of Ibadan the only Nigeria university and among the 5 Africa university that rank among the best 800 university in the world, Oluyole industrial estate the biggest industrial estate in Nigeria,Ibadan the second most industrialized city in Nigeria following Lagos it state oyo the 4th industrialized states following ogun,Lagos and river respectively,it has the first university,first industry,first brewery,printing and fruits juice industry as well as hotel and hall in Nigeria.it also has the first skyscraper,first television and radio station first modern stadium and the first privately owned television station in the whole of Africa.Does that village called Enugu has such achieve no is the answer and that beautiful about Ibadan.
you are suffering from " i get am before" syndrome
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:36pm On May 28, 2016
Yorubanews:

They will buy any bullshit. They even bought that borno scored higher in JAMB than Osun. We don't call them gullibos for no reason.
because those real statistics from competent source destroyed all your age long fraudulent claim??
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Boyedex: 10:40pm On May 28, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

this is bull shit, few skyscrappers surrounded by rusted shanties cant match anywhere. you keep talking about size and i want to tell you that east live in decentralized settlements, for example, 9th mile which is not part of enugu city is the most industrilized part of the state. in fact every village in the east is viable therefore size is is bull
Well in the end, size&number will always count, hate it or like it. And when you lump up the entire East, I doubt if it's up to Ogun+Oyo. I will leave you to your delusion that enugu is more economically vibrant than Ibadan.
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by FlyoruB: 10:41pm On May 28, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

stop cursing like a kid, enugu state hinterlands and well populated thats my point with the IGR. thats my point. Nobody is shifting goaal post. ibadan is a large ghetto of poor people.

And I am telling you that Enugu has nothing on Abia or Anambra when it comes to IGR potential, yet Enugu IGR is currently higher. Why? The simple answer: incompetent leadership. It's obvious that even Anambra is poised to overtake Enugu by next year unless the current Enugu governor sits up, as states like Edo and Ogun have already dusted her. Lagos IGR was below 60billion annually until Tinubu devised creative means of increasing it dramatically, no thanks to OBJ witholding the state's monthly allocation during his tenure. As for Oyo state, with the recent purging of the civil servant thieves that have been syphoning the state's IGR and the state Government has set a target of 7.6-billion naira monthly IGR target as opposed to the previous 1.3-billion or thereabout since it has identified and is blocking leakages.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/how-oyo-loses-igr-to-some-fraudulent-civil-servants-—govt

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/oyo-govt-sets-n76bn-igr-target

So in a nutshell, your hinterland people better be ready to cough out more money else Enugu will soon be dusted by the likes of Akwa Ibom and Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Henrydone: 10:41pm On May 28, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

you are suffering from " i get am before" syndrome
High breed fool,contribute sensibly and stop acting like a IGBOrangutan.
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Henrydone: 10:48pm On May 28, 2016
Compare Enugu with Abeokuta and not with Ibadan. Abeokuta

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Henrydone: 10:54pm On May 28, 2016
More of Abeokuta

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by FlyoruB: 10:55pm On May 28, 2016
Henrydone:
Compare Enugu with Abeokuta and not with Ibadan. Abeokuta

Thank you jare. I don dey find that OPIC skyscraper pix wey dey Abeokuta CBD sef. Even Abeokuta's CBD is taking shape and is currently even looking better anything they have in yeeb.oland.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Henrydone: 11:02pm On May 28, 2016
Only showing Enugu in south east,as for south western you have seen Lagos,Ibadan and Akure.Now you are viewing Abeokuta beauty.

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Henrydone: 11:06pm On May 28, 2016
Abeokuta

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Amhatu(m): 11:19pm On May 28, 2016
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by hharsnan(m): 11:31pm On May 28, 2016
What of Abeokuta now. Proudly Egba
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Henrydone: 11:41pm On May 28, 2016
Ota of ogun

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Henrydone: 11:43pm On May 28, 2016
Ota

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Henrydone: 11:59pm On May 28, 2016
Amhatu:
@ Henrydone

This pix is Kigali Rwanda. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3770921_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362
No you should have written Kampala does Kigali look this.This how Kigali look like and don't mistake it with Lagos

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Henrydone: 12:01am On May 29, 2016
Lagos

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Henrydone: 12:06am On May 29, 2016
Abuja

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by lozanni(m): 12:24am On May 29, 2016
seunny4lif:
grin grin Mimiko use am scam us grin grin Since over 7 years grin grin

grin Another Governor used a big drum to fool his people. Politicians and scam be like bread and butter.
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by mrkings84(m): 12:54am On May 29, 2016
We are only 2 and we both made the top ten list.
Who are we
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by bizgenius1: 2:00am On May 29, 2016
Yorubanews:

Jealous Ibo boy cheesy Pele keep posting old pictures, even the google earth icon is old as Bleep.

Don't mind him that bus at mapo was last used during abdulsalami era grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Yorubanews: 3:13am On May 29, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

lost which battle?? i want to tell you that igbos dont live in clusters like yorubas and that is why ibadan is bigger than enugu city, meanwhile the hinterlands of enugu state is densely populated with vibrant economic activities, hence the larger IGR

When Yorubas were building cities like Ibadan, Ibos were still running around in evil forests. That's why you have ancient cities, as huge as 7 Enugus, slowly developing.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Yorubanews: 3:13am On May 29, 2016
bizgenius1:

Don't mind him that bus at mapo was last used during abdulsalami era grin

Lol grin
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Yorubanews: 3:14am On May 29, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

nonesense, are you not the first to scatter points to size and business districts etc??

Hope you sleep well tonight. You sound hypertensive earlier today.
Re: 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. by Yorubanews: 3:17am On May 29, 2016
Henrydone:
Only showing Enugu in south east,as for south western you have seen Lagos,Ibadan and Akure.Now you are viewing Abeokuta beauty.

My Yoruba people start making as much noise as those Ibo roaches. We all know Yoruba land is more developed than the south yeast.

Enugu and Onitsha are just scattered houses and hotels.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Graveyard Of Nigeria's Dead Airplanes (Photos) / Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London / Peckham: The Ajegunle Of London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.