Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,379 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

How To Block GTB Mastercard Via SMS Or Internet Banking - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Block GTB Mastercard Via SMS Or Internet Banking (11162 Views)

Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services / A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. / Telecoms To Block Skype, Whatsapp Calls, To Boost Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Block GTB Mastercard Via SMS Or Internet Banking by Nobody: 11:31am On May 28, 2016
This simple walkthrough will show you how to block GTB MasterCard in quick short steps. You may need to block your Debit/Credit card for a number of reasons; theft, misplacement and duress are but a few. Blocking or otherwise hotlisting your card helps to prevent potential fraud when your card falls into the wrong hands.

For most Nigerian Banks, once your card is misplaced you are required to walk into the nearest branch of your bank and lodge a complaint which often involves filling a form. This analogue method leaves a window of opportunity for someone with malicious intent to defraud you via the missing card. This window no matter how short, can be disastrous.

GTBank, Nigeria’s most technologically advanced bank, has introduced a solution that handles this problem effectively. Via a series of shortcodes and quick actions, you can now deactivate your GTB card in a matter of seconds by hotlisting it via two channels; SMS and Internet Banking.

Hotlisting your card is very effective as it prevents unauthorised use of your account, pending your request for a new card at a bank branch. This reduces the lost card to paperweight and ensures your fiscal safety.

Hotlisting your card permanently disables your card i.e that card can never be used again, even if its found. Thus if you have any ongoing subscriptions or transactions with the card its important that you update the information with your new card.

Block GTB MasterCard Via Internet Banking

To block GTB MasterCard via internet Banking first log on to the internet Banking portal at www.gtbank.com using your correct details.
Select Cards from the left menu panel
Click on Card Hotlist
Select the appropriate card number
Enter the reason for hotlisting the card
Fill out the answer to your preset security question
Click on continue
Enter your token code to complete the setup
The card will be blocked in a matter of seconds.

Block GTB MasterCard Via SMS

To block GTB MasterCard via SMS shortcode simply SMS HOTLIST Account Number to 08076665555 (Replace Account number with your NUBAN account number)
The SMS must be sent from the Phone number linked to the bank account.
You will receive a prompt confirming your hotlisting.

Stay safe!

Source: http://www.xtremetechhub.com/?m=1

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Avoid Buying Stolen Blackberry London Use / Working / Why I Am Seriously In Love With My Infinix Note 8i

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.