Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. (108296 Views)

A Nairalander Explains How To Block USSD Service To First Bank Customers / A Nairalander Explains UBA Chat Banking AI (Leo) On Whatsapp In Practical Steps. / Which Bank Mobile USSD Have You Used B4 That Works Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 10:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
In the course of this thread, I will be teaching all First bank esteemed Customers and those who will also love to get onboard with us about how to set up their mobile banking platforms either using the mobile app First Mobile from Google Playstore, ( that's those of us using an Android device) or iOS from the Apple store and BlackBerry App market . for those of us using windows mobile phones, First bank is currently working on launching the app for windows OS users. Please all our first bank customers should carefully read through this thread in between lines. Thanks

Why you should use First Mobile App?

Because it is easy to set up, cost effective and properly secured. I am a digital geek at First bank and i want to make banking much simpler for our esteemed customers, So I don't want you to stress yourself coming to the bank to transfer money or check account balance or pay utility bills. I am concerned about your comfort, because we put you First, that is why you need to use the First Bank mobile App. The User Interface is easy to understand and navigate, even the elderly ones can easily understand it as well. Installing First Money application is easy, requires data connection or WiFi access to download and your ATM Card for registering. Its free, no charges for setting up and also no charges for usage. Only transfer transaction charges from CBN apply. Transfer Charge is now 52naira against the old 100naira charge.
I wouldn't want to bore you with long talk.. But I will try my best to go straight to details so everyone can appreciate the simplicity in using the first bank mobile banking platforms. Please support me to meet my targets as well when you have downloaded the app by inputing my referal code TN020056 when you have downloaded the app. Meanwhile, I will teach you how to do that as you scroll down the thread. Thank You.

Now that you have been convinced on the need for downloading, let's get to the next step.

Steps in downloading the First Bank Mobile app on your android/iOS/BlackBerry Devices

1. Make sure your phone has a data connection. If you don't have a data connection, you can connect your phone through WiFi.. Please switch on your WiFi so you can be able to connect to a WiFi network. Please do not use Xender or any file sharing app to send the app from another phone to your phone, the reason for this is because you will not be able to receive any updates when it comes and the security of the app being sent won't be standard. Please only download the app from the Android Google play store/iOS Appstore/Blackberry App Market

2. Click on the Play store/iOS Appstore/Blackberry App Market Application on your device , open it and search for FirstMobile , you will see our First bank mobile app, the logo is an Elephant logo which is blue in color. Please click on it and click INSTALL Now, your First Mobile App is downloading. Please be patient until it finishes downloading.

3. Your First bank Mobile app is successfully installed in your phone, please click Open and the first Mobile App launches. For new Users, please click on New User Register You will be asked to provide your ATM CARD NUMBER WHICH IS BOLDLY IMPRINTED AT THE FRONT OF YOUR ATM CARD and also your ATM PIN. PLEASE PROVIDE THE DETAILS ACCORDINGLY AND CORRECTLY. click next.

Also for existing First bank Mobile app users who switched over to a new phone and have downloaded the app, please click on Activate this Device and then enter your ATM card number written on the front of your ATM card and also your ATM pin. Click next .. You are good to go.

4. Immediately after step 3, you will be automatically sent an OTP to the mobile number with Which you registered your account with to be receiving alerts. Please check your phone messages and copy the OTP. Please input it in the box provided in the mobile app and click next. Do not delete any OTP being sent to your phone number. OTP means One Time Password. It is used to authenticate transactions.

5. You will be required to input an m-pin ( First bank mobile app login pin) please it is important to note that it is a 5 digit pass code just for logging in purposes. Do well to put a 5 digit code that is easy to remember. And then also input two security questions and answers. Please click next

6. Please input a 4 digit transaction pin.. This pin is different from the m-pin in the sense that its only used when carrying out transactions with your First bank Mobile app. You can use your ATM pin for that purpose as well.
After that, you will see another box provided for you to input the referal code. The referral code is TN020056 . PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS REFERAL CODE MUST BE TYPED IN CAPITAL LETTERS.

"TN" are the only alphabets in the referral code and thus they must be typed in capital.

That Is the end of setting up the mobile app yourself. Very easy. Your mobile app is ready. Please login to your app and perform a transaction. It is required that you recharge your line from your first bank mobile App for you to activate your daily transfer limit to 500,000NGN . Its very important. Also note that For every transaction you make, you will be sent an OTP to your message inbox. Please always copy it and type it in the OTP box.

Now that you have successfully registered for the mobile banking, it is required to perform two transactions not more than 20, 000NGN with our First bank mobile app in order for your daily transfer limit to increase to 500,000NGN PER DAY without token and 1,000,000NGN with token. Note that this is also a security measure.

Please don't forget to also input my referal code which is TN020056 when registering your account on the first Mobile app. It will assist me in meeting my targets, And if you used it, please inform me so I will thank you specially in my own way.. Thanks a lot.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Question : What accounts can I access on the First bank Mobile App?

Answer: All the accounts you have with First bank. This may include Current, Savings, Domiciliary , Visa Dollar and Naira card accounts.

Question: Is the mobile app secure?

Answer: The app is situated in a highly secured environment to protect your account on the App. The App is PIN protected. The PIN is uniquely linked to the App on your device. All transactions on the App are validated by either a transaction PIN known only to you or the Bank's issued token. All these are in addition to the security measure put in place to ensure that your transaction information is protected from intruders.

Question: What can I do on the App?

Answer: You can transfer funds to accounts in First bank or any other bank in Nigeria, pay utility and other bills, buy airtime from any GSM operator in Nigeria for any number, search, book and pay both local and international flights, save beneficiary phone and account number, manage cheques and keep up with your lifestyle through the loop

There are also exciting new features on the first mobile app

1. Card hotlisting

2. New ATM card request

3. Expression card request

4. Loan request

After registering the app by using the referral code TN020056, you can now perform all your transactions through the mobile app, hotlist/block your ATM card if it gets stolen or lost to enable your cash be very much safe and secure.. Isn't that amazing? Just click on the menu page to access these features.

Now in this era of fraudsters, you can now immediately block your atm card on the mobile app incase it gets stolen, lost or your bank details were compromised, all you need to do is to click the menu buttion, click self service and click card maintenance, then you are good to go.

For loan requests, below is a pictorial explanation on how to access the platform after registering.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Evansjj(m): 4:12am On Jun 03, 2017
my atm card can't perform online transaction .. what should I do?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Deblow: 6:11am On Jun 03, 2017
I use the firstmobile app on my 2 android phones. Recently, if I try login in on one of the phones it will tell me the device isn't registered and i have been transacting on it before. If I try to reregister it it wil tell me it had been registered already and to click activate on the ap. But there is no such tab on the app. What should I do ps

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 6:28am On Jun 03, 2017
Evansjj:
my atm card can't perform online transaction .. what should I do?
please go to the bank to enable it for internet banking... Meanwhile, all ATM cards can perform mobile app banking as well as ussd codes.. Have you downloaded the first bank app?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 6:31am On Jun 03, 2017
Deblow:
I use the firstmobile app on my 2 android phones. Recently, if I try login in on one of the phones it will tell me the device isn't registered and i have been transacting on it before. If I try to reregister it it wil tell me it had been registered already and to click activate on the ap. But there is no such tab on the app. What should I do please

In most cases,

It happens at times especially in a device were factory reset must have been done. Eg. Chucks was using firstmobile on his device before he sold it to Oneme who had to do a factory reset to enable her set up her details on it. Often, Oneme will be noticing that her firstmobile will suddenly ask her to register as there is no registered details on the device, and when she tries registering, it will prompt her to activate as she is an active user.

Solution, you should simply click on active, provide your card pan (the numbers displayed on the front of your atm card) and pin, followed by the OTP that must have been sent to you. Then proceed.

Mind you, this is not a permanent solution as it will be reoccurring once in a while
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by bignwa(m): 6:50am On Jun 03, 2017
Pls is the referral code nessesary

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 7:14am On Jun 03, 2017
bignwa:
Pls is the referral code nessesary
its not necessary.. But I would like you to assist me in imputing it to enable me meet my daily targets .. Thanks so much. Hence my reason for creating a thread to help first bank users to enable them install the app effectively and answer their questions where necessary.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 8:40am On Jun 03, 2017
See link to video on how to register your firstmobile app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsaiQLAWn94
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 9:32am On Jun 03, 2017
First bank mobile app has evolved to become the most reliable Mobile banking app due to better transaction services to her customers

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 9:37am On Jun 03, 2017
New users who haven't downloaded the app previously should click on REGISTER while current users should click on ACTIVATE THIS DEVICE if they switched to a new phone.

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by holluikon(m): 9:57am On Jun 03, 2017
Pls what can I do?? it says I've exceeded the maximum number of device to login on ; which is 10
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 10:08am On Jun 03, 2017
holluikon:
Pls what can I do?? it says I've exceeded the maximum number of device to login on ; which is 10
yes.. 10 devices is the maximum number of devices to login on because of security purposes. Please send an email to ebusiness-services@firstbanknigeria.com for the devices to be deactivated..
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by viceldo(m): 10:21am On Jun 03, 2017
wow dingbang so you Don later get work for first bank congrat

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by holluikon(m): 10:31am On Jun 03, 2017
dingbang:
yes.. 10 devices is the maximum number of devices to login on because of security purposes. Please send an email to ebusiness-services@firstbanknigeria.com for the devices to be deactivated..

Thank you I'll do that now
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 10:50am On Jun 03, 2017
holluikon:

Thank you I'll do that now
alright bro
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by charlie42(m): 11:15am On Jun 03, 2017
OP don't forget to add BlackBerry users too. Don't leave them out of the show. iOS, BlackBerry and Android. Windows is work in progress. Nice post.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 11:30am On Jun 03, 2017
charlie42:
OP don't forget to add BlackBerry users too. Don't leave them out of the show. iOS, BlackBerry and Android. Windows is work in progress. Nice post.
done bro.. Thanks for the reminder

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
What the App looks like... You can see that with one app, you can have all your accounts linked together

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by MikeMicheal(m): 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2017
dingbang:
First bank customers who don't have the FirstMobile App can now start downloading. Thanks for your concern. Downloading is easy... Don't be left out
what do you stand to gain if we use your referal code 584/TN020056 ?
Also, how can we get our own referral code?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 2:21pm On Jun 03, 2017
MikeMicheal:
what do you stand to gain if we use your referal code 584/TN020056 ?
Also, how can we get our own referral code?
when you input it, it helps me to meet my daily targets.. Thanks a lot sir.

11 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by MikeMicheal(m): 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2017
dingbang:
when you input it, it helps me to meet my daily targets.. Thanks a lot sir.

The ref code is only meant for first bank staff... For internal use only.
Ok sir.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2017
Keep your questions coming ...... I am here to assist you.

Thanks
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by anitank(f): 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
dingbang:
Keep your questions coming ...... I am here to assist you.

Thanks
Thanks for opening this thread to assist first bank customers...

I have the app on my phone but couldn't register past the OTP because I lost the phone number I used in opening my first bank account years ago. How do I go about this please?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 6:23pm On Jun 03, 2017
anitank:

Thanks for opening this thread to assist first bank customers...

I have the app on my phone but couldn't register past the OTP because I lost the phone number I used in opening my first bank account years ago. How do I go about this please?
very good.. You will have to update your new phone number at any first bank branch.. Its very easy and wont take time..

Please after you have done so... Inform me so I can guide you further on how to install the app.. I am just a second away....

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 03, 2017
TO
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2017
Chikichi042:
TO
hello, please can I be of help to you?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Dailyfavour(m): 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2017
I would have love First Bank better than my other Banks BUT their monthly charges is outrageous. complaints severally just to tell me its SMS alert. how can alert be charged THREE TIMES FOR A MONTH. I tired.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2017
Dailyfavour:
I would have love First Bank better than my other Banks BUT their monthly charges is outrageous. complaints severally just to tell me its SMS alert. how can alert be charged THREE TIMES FOR A MONTH. I tired.
Did you know that CBN has implemented a new policy that charges should be reduced?

Before, transfer charges were 105naira for every transfer transaction, but now the transfer charge has been reduced to 52naira..

And that is much reason why you need to revive your first bank mobile app... Look no bank does it better than first bank when it comes to security.. We take that seriously. People are wailing and being victims of fraud,,with first bank, the damage is very minimal.

Please don't be tired my brother. Look at the bright side. I need you to bank with us. You won't regret anymore...

Do you already have an account with us?

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2017
Keep your questions coming... I am here to serve.

Now some of our first bank customers may have issues downloading the First Mobile App, for those using the Android OS, it might be due to the fact that your version is not up to date. The firstMobile app will work perfectly on android versions from 4.1 upwards.. Please check your version to know if its compatible. For those of us using ITEL phones with updated android OS, unfortunately, when downloading firstMobile app, you will observe that it says "not compatible with your device". Don't worry. Use Xender app to transfer the first Mobile app from another device onto your ITEL phone. Its easy.

Please keep your questions coming. I am here to serve you better

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 11:23pm On Jun 03, 2017
See what our Esteemed customers are saying about the FirstMobile App from First Bank... You are highly convinced that our mobile app is Easy to use, Reliable and most of all, highly secured.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5438098_img20170603224901_jpeg639beed2b7d511c27616bd6dd56b9983

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5438099_screenshot20170603224154_png0ef9b7dd9f88e5f3d8932d34ddc56c88
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 11:38pm On Jun 03, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

The List Of Tecno Phones That Would Have BBM / How To Download Watsapp On My NOKIA C2 Dual Sim. / MTN Surprise Smartphone Plan (4.5GB For N2500)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.