Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria (19534 Views)

Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant / Russia To Export Helicopters To Nigeria / Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by sweetetlove(f): 9:55am On May 29, 2016
EazyMoh:

https://www.nairaland.com/2385096/fg-picks-geregu-itu-2400mw
Go kill yourself!

you need to update yourself www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/194049-%E2%80%8Bakwa-ibom-leaders-reject-plan-to-build-nuclear-plant-in-the-state.html
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07am On May 29, 2016
Nuclear power is dangerous. See the photos below of child victims of nuclear accident and #SayNoToNuclearPower

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by ataspray(m): 10:10am On May 29, 2016
omenka:
It is just a nuclear research facility so make una relax. I'm sure most of you against the idea didn't read the article.

The radioactive materials that would be handled in the facility would be too small to cause any damage- perhaps it might not even be up to 1kg, neither would it be weapons grade- so make una just chill.

Nuclear technology has a lot of application in the fields of medicine, energy/power, space exploration, etc. It doesn't always have to do with weapons. It would be hugely beneficial if we developed our capacity to manage the technology.

To all those already insulting the president over this, your comments demonstrate nothing but a dangerous level of ignorance by those who won't hesitate to call someone else an illiterate. wink
Honestly, its puzzling. It cost nothing to read, yet Nigerians derive great joy in jumping into unwarranted conclusions, borne out of mindless ignorance and baseless assumptions. Read my people!

1 Like

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by DamiG(f): 10:11am On May 29, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

And there you have it. A typical f**king black mentality, only thinking of what to consumer and never bothered about inventing or advancing in civilisation. Asking for tomatoes when nigeria is a land of fertility in exchange for more knowledge in nuclear energy and going on to suggest we chicken out because hurr durr Fukushima, etc as if measures to curtail meltdown wont be addressed before implementation. Running away from such technological advancement because you are to much of scared cat. [shaking my head in despair tbh senpai]
MOTHAFUCKA,CAN'T U SEE THAT IT'S A JOKE cheesy
And you must be kidding if you think nigeria can handle a nuclear meltdown,or you think say nuclear plant meltdown na the same as flooding,in the next 30-40years nigeria will be ready but not now cool
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by omenka(m): 10:23am On May 29, 2016
ITbomb:
There is a saying that whatever is built by Russians can only be managed by Russians. If you are building a sensitive infrastructure like nuclear without any plan for technology transfer then.. (O I forgot, we are already RULED by confused people)
Technology transfer is what this is actually about. When would you people learn to read before commenting??

You seem more confused than our leaders.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by EdwardRandy(m): 10:25am On May 29, 2016
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by bryan1991: 10:31am On May 29, 2016
eyeview:
I trust this govt to quickly sign that death warrant. They are in a hurry to look for what they will list as attracted investment,even if it is clear that we lack everything needed to accomodate a nuclear facility

I really liked your contribution. Its funny and it's true.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by no1madman(m): 10:33am On May 29, 2016
Buhari= COMPLETE IDIOT
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by goodvision12(m): 10:40am On May 29, 2016
psucc:
Let's say NO! to nuclear.

We lack the capacity to handle it and most seriously it could be hijacked by a group against the other.

Our plurality does not warrant it.

Click Like for No to nuclear and Share for Yes to nuclear.
If yu are in love with president putin of russia click like but if yu hate him share.
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by ageraGT: 10:41am On May 29, 2016
once nigerians hear the word "nuclear" fear don begin catch them! i think growth in nigeria hinges on nuclear energy! and we are ready!
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by ilovetheline: 10:45am On May 29, 2016
menxer:

Don't air your ignorance na, run your checks first.

The first rocket to orbit the earth was a Russian technology.
I mean quality and 100% safety guaranteed. Do you know Chernobyl
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by bryan1991: 10:46am On May 29, 2016
ilovetheline:
at all. Protest o. Not even USA. Russia is unfriendly and cannot build safe things. What sort of a fool is Buhari

Russians are the best in nuclear technologies.
And It's better to have Russia as friend than usa.

But all we are saying now is NO to nuclear plant it's too dangerous or it could be destructive to our country, continent, and to our entire planet
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by ilovetheline: 10:49am On May 29, 2016
We need nuclear built by ourselves and not yet. Do you think bokoharam could attack a nuclear plant: hell yes
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by ilovetheline: 10:50am On May 29, 2016
Carcinogens as well
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by bryan1991: 10:50am On May 29, 2016
Russia should spend that money and time on Ajaokuta steel factory finishing. It's more acceptable to us as Nigerians
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by ilovetheline: 10:52am On May 29, 2016
bryan1991:

Russians are the best in nuclear technologies.
And It's better to have Russia and friend than usa.

But all we are saying now is NO to nuclear plant it's too dangerous or it could be destructive to our country, continent, and to our entire planet
either country thinks safety for any country
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:52am On May 29, 2016
Nice one. Russians are the best in Nuclear science/engineering but, the problem am having is our uncultured attitude towards maintenance is poor.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:53am On May 29, 2016
DamiG:

MOTHAFUCKA,CAN'T U SEE THAT IT'S A JOKE cheesy
And you must be kidding if you think nigeria can handle a nuclear meltdown,or [s]you think say nuclear plant meltdown na the same as flooding,[/s] in the next 30-40years nigeria will be ready but not now cool

never said or implied that.
Also There probably wont be a nigeria in 40years time due to our over dependency on oil. If we had gone nuclear a long time ago all this stupid agitation from NDA wont hold water. Now they hold our country to ransom. I say fvck them, lets us power our cities with nuclear, Solar, hydro etc and forget about ND's oil.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:56am On May 29, 2016
ilovetheline:
at all. Protest o. Not even USA. Russia is unfriendly and cannot build safe things. What sort of a fool is Buhari
Who told you USA is friendly? The best country in Nuclear science is Russia. Tell me any Nuclear hazard that occurred in Russia aside from the Chernobyl hazard in Ukraine during USSR.
You even called the President a fool. Pray that you reach his level in years to come. Even if you don't like him you don't have the right to call him a fool. Uncultured entity.
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 10:57am On May 29, 2016
pjc:
Sadly, at a point when most EU countries like Sweden, Australia, Germany approaches 100% renewable energy supply, Nigeria wants to just start research on Nuclear and resurrect coal mining to the detriment of the future generations. Seems we didn't take home any lesson from Japans nuclear mishap...yet.
Japan was a natural disaster, there is nothing one could do about it. All those countries you mentioned aren't major generators of CO2. USA and China alone account for over 60%. So you just direct your preaching to them not us who are trying to generate enough power to survive.
Enough of this inferiority complex. If we don't develop the country now (which power is the backbone) how are the future generations gonna enjoy the renewable clean energy. They will be where we are right now in the future.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:00am On May 29, 2016
ilovetheline:
I mean quality and 100% safety guaranteed. Do you know Chernobyl
What about the Columbia space in US that got exploded after take off? Mistakes can happen anytime but, it must not occur all the time.
For your info Chernobyl was designed by only Russians, Ukrainians, Uzbek and other USSR designed it. Even the so called Chernobyl is in Ukraine and when last did you hear about Nuclear hazard in Russia.
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by bryan1991: 11:01am On May 29, 2016
oluwasegun007:
with nigeria poor maintainance culture.....abeg no bring am com south west.

South West una still dey fear again?
Shee na Ogun state be Nigeria new industrial hub, So na Abeokuta dem go put am.
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by ilovetheline: 11:04am On May 29, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Who told you USA is friendly? The best country in Nuclear science is Russia. Tell me any Nuclear hazard that occurred in Russia aside from the Chernobyl hazard in Ukraine during USSR.
You even called the President a fool. Pray that you reach his level in years to come. Even if you don't like him you don't have the right to call him a fool. Uncultured entity.
imagine Chernobyl is very likely to happen in your villageundee the eyes of half trainees with no liability and who do not let you even work in their country. This is exactly the case
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:05am On May 29, 2016
bryan1991:
Russia should spend that money and time on Ajaokuta steel factory finishing. It's more acceptable to us as Nigerians
You are right but the Ajaokuta rolling steel mill would have developed. But, Shagari administration bowed to the pressure of UK and US not allow Communist Russia to develop it
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2016
sweetetlove:

you need to update yourself www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/194049-%E2%80%8Bakwa-ibom-leaders-reject-plan-to-build-nuclear-plant-in-the-state.html
Yeah but that doesn't change the location just because the host communities rejected it.
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2016
ilovetheline:
imagine Chernobyl is very likely to happen in your villageundee the eyes of half trainees with no liability and who do not let you even work in their country. This is exactly the case
Who told you they would be half trained. They would train them fully. Stop this inferiority complex.
Nigeria can do better than this. If you can't take a risk you can't make it.
If all the Nuclear powers in the world never took the risk, they won't be at this level.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 11:10am On May 29, 2016
tdayof:

Nice to see someone who knows the real fact here. But I just think of how some africans think.

I was in a lab yesterday and vroom someone said we can't find the type of amplifier, wave form generator and other things we are using in Africa. I told him we can and when I noticed it was turning into hot argument I had to leave him.
We Africans make ourself inferior.

If Nigerians were white and Americans black there will still be discrimination towards us, because we don't think above natural.
-Fasasi Tosin
Thank you brother! The thing is Insulting and embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:11am On May 29, 2016
sweetetlove:

Who are the host community to tell the govt what to do with lands? After God that created the lands, govt is the owner of all the lands in the country. If them born them well let them start the programme and attack the officials. They go hear am.
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by ilovetheline: 11:12am On May 29, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Who told you they would he half trained. They would trained them fully. Stop this inferiority complex.
Nigeria can do better than this. If you can't take a risk you can't make it.
If all the Nuclear powers in the world never took the risk, they won't be at this level.
considering how small Nigeria is, there will be only room for one mistake. Like bokoharam attacking all of them. Carcinogens too man
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 11:14am On May 29, 2016
AlPeter:
am in support just¤ ensure you send them to details of your village for them to put it there.
Lol it doesn't work like that. Primary requirement of a nuclear plant is an all year round flowing river. but I have a better alternative, I'd you can help me secure job there I'd be glad, it's been my dream to work in a nuclear plant.
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 11:15am On May 29, 2016
omenka:
Technology transfer is what this is actually about. When would you people learn to read before commenting??

You seem more confused than our leaders.
Which leader? The one that said this morning that he is not RULING Nigeria alone

GEJ was Nigeria's last leader
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:16am On May 29, 2016
ilovetheline:
considering how small Nigeria is, there will be only room for one mistake. Like bokoharam attacking all of them. Carcinogens too man
Mr. man forget that. Do you know how Nuclear sites are designed nowadays. Many countries now uses bunkers as a Nuclear site like Russia. China has a Nuclear site built on an island, nobody would detect it. Some were built on mountains above sea levels. The world is going higher in technology let us join the train.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Labour Party Suspends Abayomi Arabambi, Others, For Anti-Party Activities / All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency / Leadership Crisis Brews In Ondo PDP Over Mimiko’s Defection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.