Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria (19528 Views)

Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant / Russia To Export Helicopters To Nigeria / Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by 9japride(m): 1:39pm On May 29, 2016
DONOCHAS:
Dat is the things Dat is keeping people down, they have not tried and they are complaining
[color=#006600][/color]

Forget the matter. All the things we have tried like iron & steel, petroleum, railway, coal e.t.c, hw far? Knowing fully well that nuclear energy is very dangerous.
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 29, 2016
EazyMoh:
I feel insulted whenever someone says we can't handle nuclear plants. Nuclear energy has been harnessed for about a century now. Those that do it do they have two heads?
No they don't. What you shouldn't forget is their educational system prepare them practically. All the companies in Nigeria invite expertrates to fix up their machines and maintain them. Nigerians can't handle a single mistake from a nuclear plant. I don't know how else to explain this to you. Technically they are very much ahead of us their is nothing to be ashamed of its the truth.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 1:51pm On May 29, 2016
euromilion:

Bros thanks for letting us know that u are a chemical engineer,that s a breath of fresh air,but am sorry,I still don't have faith on Nigerian trained professionals,as you can agree with me that many are just half baked,just imagine all the chemical engineers in naija,but they still import fuels,imagine all the doctors,but they still have many medical tourists,many engineers and houses are collapsing left,right and centre.

I know that you are smart enough and/equal to the task,I trust you bro,but am sorry that I don't have faith on your colleagues.

Nigeria is still not ready for such developments yet,pls think of what you and your coleagues can do for us with the winds,water and the sun.those things we have in abundants.

Thanks again.

Still say no to nuclear centre.
Lol I get your drift. we have to get used to getting the best hands for every job, that's the only guarantee for a job well done. A childhood friend of mine is among the 50 engineers employed by Dangote refinery currently undergoing training in India. All of them are Nigerians painstakingly chosen to be able to pilot the refinerys operations when completed. So you see its only a matter of determination to do the right thing or get the right people to do the right thing, and am confident we'd get it right.
If Nigeria finally gets the financial and political will to start the nuclear plant it is going to be constructed and started by the Russians using 2016 technology. All we have to be doing is sitting in front of computer and monitor/regulate the operations.
Do you know that a petrochemical refinery is 100times more complex than a nuclear power plant? We have been running and operating them for decades now. What scared people like you is the severe dangerous repercussions if there were to be an accident.
Our failure to develop despite having plenty engineers and other professionals is entire the fault of our leaders who do not care wether a project is executed correctly or not.
Let's hope for development for our country, but sometimes we have to take bold steps.
Take care.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 2:02pm On May 29, 2016
grossintel:
No they don't. What you shouldn't forget is their educational system prepare them practically. All the companies in Nigeria invite expertrates to fix up their machines and maintain them. Nigerians can't handle a single mistake from a nuclear plant. I don't know how else to explain this to you. Technically they are very much ahead of us their is nothing to be ashamed of its the truth.
Can't we go and learn it from them? Aren't there Blacks(Nigerians in particular) working in those facilities in those countries?
Dangote employed 50 indigenous engineers for his refinery and are now undergoing training in India. They will be the pilots of the refinery when they return.
Even South Africa has running nuclear power plants generating about 2000MW for them. Not to mention Iranians, Brazilians and Indians.
There is no justification saying we can't operate the plants after been built and taught how to, well except inferiority complex and negative thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by tbams007: 2:52pm On May 29, 2016
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by egedege1(m): 3:07pm On May 29, 2016
DamiG:
This is absolutely a bad idea,Nigeria doesn't have the capacity nor technology to handle nuclear technology sad
In the case of a nuclear plant meltdown,this country will surely not be able to curtail it,we will make Chernobyl and Fukushima look like an ordinary event angry

And in a country like Nigeria that is badly plagued with tribalism,no ethnic group will want it to be established in their land,and if the government tries to build it on their land they will cry discrimination and might even attempt to destroy the project.

On a last note if Russia wants to offer us any aid,it should either be in supply of arms to fight terrorists or TOMATOES(Russia is the 11th highest producer of tomatoes in the world,Nigerians would really appreciate it now lipsrsealed )

ON BEHALF OF ALL NIGERIANS I SAY NO TO NUCLEAR PLANT IN NIGERIA angry
I read it in your voice and felt your sincerity..... #Saynotowar

1 Like

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by 19naia(m): 3:11pm On May 29, 2016
So does this now mean such a friendship where they can come and play in the back yard with Naija on Daddy's approval and bring their toys to test detonation of nuclear bombs because they have arleady saturated their own russian land with nuclear waste and fallout?
Friendship or suspicious relationship with ulterior motives in times of desperation to discard nuclear waste and fallout?
Any radioactive activity will involve bringing in radioactive materials and the disposal of such things when time is due. We may see them sending in radiocative material in guise of project materials when in fact it is their own radioactive waste seeking a place to dicard off of russian soil where the Naija officials will gladly and blindly take bribe and accept whatever story they say when depositing the stuff on Naija land. Check out Russias Lake Bikal and other russian areas that are world record areas for radioactivity contamination. They are always desperate now for a place to put radioactive materials outside of russia.

Germany has worked a new policy to remove many of its nuclear plants and replace them with clean natural energy sources and they are making leaps and bounds with solar energy alone.
The damage costs of Chernobyl, lake bikal and other places in russia is enough to have combined with the cost of producing the the chernobyl facility and of producing the other contaminants elswhere, combined that cost to have put in wind, solar and fossil fuel emmission scrubbers/carbon sequestering to create the same amount of energy. Remember that nuclear fallout would continue for thousands of years to be costly, a health risk and render land/water areas economically unviable for thousands of years. All this for a powerful energy source that last less than a hundred years. All while there are safer options that cost less in terms of long term damaging nuclear waste ? Less efficient is better when safety is important.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by kstix(m): 4:22pm On May 29, 2016
omenka:
Anti-matter?? Haba baba, don't run faster than ya shadow na! grin

Not even the Russians or the eggheads at CERN fully understand anti-matter yet, let alone transferring the technology. Nigeria is probably a hundred light years behind in the acquisition of anti-matter technology. cheesy
dan brown's angels and demons
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 29, 2016
nuclear plant

nooo
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Miscellaneous(m): 5:03pm On May 29, 2016
podosci:

Kanu said russia would attack Nigeria, thats what he said.
There is no way Biafra and Niger delta can exist together, the ikwere people of river state dont want to hear anything Igbo.
Economically, its stupid for Niger delta to pull out of Nigeria and merge with 60-55million Biafrans. It would be really stupid

Yea.... u are right man
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by tsdarkside(m): 5:32pm On May 29, 2016
psucc:
Let's say NO! to nuclear.

We lack the capacity to handle it and most seriously it could be hijacked by a group against the other.

Our plurality does not warrant it.

Click Like for No to nuclear and Share for Yes to nuclear.

why say no to nuclear.....??..if we have only two nuclear plants we can say bye bye to no power...we will even have more than enough power to sell to our neighbors....nuclear could replace oyel as a cash cow..

ofcourse we will not build them in the se or ss...you people are rubbish people..

we have responsibilty that africa dont get conterminated..

to hell with both of you's....
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Bondesniger(m): 5:35pm On May 29, 2016
NUCLEAR ke...............hmmmmm

where will the centre be located if ss........NO..................NDA will blow it up
if NE ......NO..............boko haram.....hijack
if SW.......MAYBE.......negotiation for 2019
if SE.......NO.......NO........NO....Biafra
nigeria is not yet save foe this development
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by tsdarkside(m): 5:39pm On May 29, 2016
Bondesniger:
NUCLEAR ke...............hmmmmm

where will the centre be located
if ss........NO..................NDA will blow it up

if NE ......NO..............boko haram.....hijack

if SW.......MAYBE.......negotiation for 2019

if SE.......NO.......NO........NO....Biafra

nigeria is not yet save foe this development

you are right...sw would be best....orrrrrrrr..

we build it on a platform in the ocean near to our coast and tighting the security around it...that is makeable...the russians have maybe ideas for that.....
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by tsdarkside(m): 6:00pm On May 29, 2016
months:
As long as it is established in Daura, Abuja, Lagos or Kano.

SS/SE will never allow Russian on our land with nuclear weapon.

Buhari can only arrange for nuclear station in his northern region not another man land.

but you will still want power from the nuclear plants...abegi..you people are rubbish peoples's...
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by tsdarkside(m): 6:04pm On May 29, 2016
months:

Buhari can only arrange for nuclear station in his northern region not another man land.

but you will still want power from the nuclear plants...abegi..you people are rubbish peoples's...

nigeria should avoid building any infracstructures in the se and ss...its a loose-loose businness...

let them be farmers..its their area...who cares...

rubbish people...
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by oluwasegun007(m): 9:19pm On May 29, 2016
bryan1991:

South West una still dey fear again?
Shee na Ogun state be Nigeria new industrial hub, So na Abeokuta dem go put am.

u are very funny. ....I believe in one Nigeria so carry d nuclear go your state make we fit share d lit. lol
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 29, 2016
Same news I've read since 2005. My solution is remaining ignorant, acting like it never happened because if people were really serious about it situations would've moved past announcement stage.
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by FarmTech(m): 2:45pm On May 30, 2016
EazyMoh:
I feel insulted whenever someone says we can't handle nuclear plants. Nuclear energy has been harnessed for about a century now. Those that do it do they have two heads?
U're funny oo. Have we finished handling common transmission line?
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by DONOCHAS(m): 9:34pm On May 30, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Forget the matter. All the things we have tried like iron & steel, petroleum, railway, coal e.t.c, hw far? Knowing fully well that nuclear energy is very dangerous.
dangerous if not handled properly
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by Ikechu12781: 9:36pm On May 30, 2016
months:

My thought exactly. I support it, infact I'm excited but only if it in SW and North.
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by 9japride(m): 12:28am On May 31, 2016
DONOCHAS:
dangerous if not handled properly
[color=#006600][/color]
yea. We hv to first improve on our maintainance culture
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by DONOCHAS(m): 9:06am On May 31, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]
yea. We hv to first improve on our maintainance culture
True, but anybody Dat is willing to bring nuclear energy should be able to handle it considering how volatile it is, besides this one is for research purposes
Re: Russia To Establish Nuclear Centre In Nigeria by pjc(m): 5:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
EazyMoh:

Japan was a natural disaster, there is nothing one could do about it. All those countries you mentioned aren't major generators of CO2. USA and China alone account for over 60%. So you just direct your preaching to them not us who are trying to generate enough power to survive.
Enough of this inferiority complex. If we don't develop the country now (which power is the backbone) how are the future generations gonna enjoy the renewable clean energy. They will be where we are right now in the future.
You don't seem to get it. I will try and make a good analogy.
It's like still going for Nokia 3310 when Samsung galaxy s7 equally available albeit at the same almost the same price.
Most European countries and Japan have made their mistakes, they've learnt from it and now they are adopting a better option of renewables and shutting their nuclear stations whereas Nigeria is gladly diving into these same mistakes when we can easily learn from the experiences of others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abba Moro: Benue Killings, Enough Is Enough, It’s Time To Defend Our Existence / Governor Ortom To Meet With Oshiomhole At APC Secretariat Abuja / 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.