Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. (13643 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / The Daughter Who Took Financial Responsibility For Her Dad’s Love-child! / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by chiogo(f): 2:10am On Aug 25, 2009
shut up jare.

stingy men.
Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by na2day2(m): 2:25am On Aug 25, 2009
chiogo:

I'll be happy to split the bill if he cooks, cleans, oh and gives birth too. wink

i thought we already do that
Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by chiogo(f): 2:27am On Aug 25, 2009
na2day?:

i thought we already do that
Really? the last part too?? Besides, very few do the first two.

1 Like

Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by oyinda3(f): 2:29am On Aug 25, 2009
depends on the financial agreement the couple have. no two marriages are alike and there is no one-size fits all marriage. every one is different
Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by na2day2(m): 5:31am On Aug 25, 2009
chiogo:

Really? the last part too?? Besides, very few do the first two.

yes, even the last part cry cry

oyinda.:

depends on the financial agreement the couple have. no two marriages are alike and there is no one-size fits all marriage. every one is different

finally, a lady that is making sense wink wink
Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by adaku123(f): 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2009
@POSTER
I think in a marriage the couple should share everything!!! including the finance !!they should add up thier money at the end of the month and then decide together how to spend it!!! It breeds trust and respect in the relationship which i think are very important in thier marriage!! Dont You think??
Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by GEW: 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2009
wbb
Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by jaybee3(m): 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2009
50:50 ratio if she earns more than me
55:45 ratio if we earn the same
60:40 ratio if i earn 1.3* her salary
70:30 ratio if i earn 1.5* her salary
90:10 ratio if i earn 2* her salary
cool
did i hear ya sistas calling me the model hussy? cool
Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by Fiona0007: 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2009
@poster
It's sharing the responsibility, my dear.
Doesn't matter who is paying for the rent and who is paying for food. Isn't it a good thing the family will still survive even if one of them lost the job?
Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2009
this is really food for thought! A mans title as head of the household has been centred on his financial contribution to his family, take that away and they offer nothin to maintainin a home, unless he's a stay at home dad.

Hahahahaha.

Pathetic!!!
Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2009
The woman is there for a support.
I think the man and the wife needs to agree on what bill who will take care of.
the man cld take care of the main bills and the woman take care of the small stuff.
However, if they can maintain a joint account, then, they wont have to worry about all that, the woman can just manage the account, if she is prudent.
Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 30, 2009
Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by na2day2(m): 1:25am On Aug 31, 2009
chaircover:

What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?

[size=16pt]. . . . . .As much as it takes to ensure that her one and only man has his head raised high in the view of his children, family, friends & within his community without making him feeling like a failure.[/size]

We are talking husband here, not distant cousin, friend or collegue here.[size=16pt] Nothing should be too much for a wife to do for her husband or for the husband to do for his wife.[/size]

God bless u plenty for talking with common sense unlike some other ladies  kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by takuradua: 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
shade:
Most men nowadays seem 2 b shirking their financial responsibilities.It aint unheard of 2 hear wives paying the houserent,buying the groceries and even paying the children's school fees etc.So,in a marriage,what exactly is/are the wife's financial responsibility/responsibilities?.
Let's finish this discussion
Re: What Is A Woman's Financial Responsibility In A Marriage?. by Onyxunlimited(f): 10:49pm On Jan 03, 2021
Traditionally and religiously, a woman has no financial obligation to her family cos it is the duty of her husband who is the head of the family. His primary duty is to provide for the family while the woman births, nurses and takes care of the children, cook for the family and take care of the family in general.
But some couples may choose to help each other. In this case the wife splits the bills with the husband (50/50) while the husband splits the household chores with the wife (50/50).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Housemaid Wahala!!! / Delaying Marriage Due To Family Responsibilities / I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.