Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

My Buhari Scorecard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Buhari Scorecard (698 Views)

Oladelemi Philip Olubakin: NBA Took My Buhari Painting To Him As Birthday Gift / Got An Offer Of 250k Naira To Deactivate My Buhari Parody Twitter Account / Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Buhari Scorecard by tbaba1234: 4:20am On May 29, 2016
Buhari took over the leadership of Nigeria at one of the toughest time in the country's history. He has had successes in some areas and failed in others. I try to take an unbiased and non-partisan assessment of the president's performance and what we can expect in the future.

Economy:
Grade: E

Buhari met a very bad economic situation. Revenues were declining, we were borrowing for the most basic things and debts were climbing. Even though, the government has reduced the profligacy of the last administration (only reason it is not an F),the monetary policy has been nothing short of disastrous. Investors confidence has not been helped by government policy. Hopefully with the new monetary policy introduced by the CBN, economy can start to recover.

Corruption: Grade A-

This is one of the brighter spots of the government. They have instilled a fear of stealing in the public service. Civil servants with ghost accounts are getting prosecuted and politicians who shared federal funds are also getting prosecuted. The government is also trying to get stolen funds repatriated.

One of the common objections raised is why not Amaechi or Fashola? Whilst, this might be valid complaint but the institutional weakness in Nigerian agencies mean that there is a limit to their boldness. So far, EFCC is doing the best that they can.

Boko Haram: Grade A-

Th government has managed to significantly reduce the threat of Boko Haram. People are returning back to their communities and gradually getting back to normal. There are still several challenges but the progress has been encouraging.

Other Security threats (NDA, Fulani, IPOB): Grade F

The government has not fared as well with other security threats. The fulani groups have become very disturbing even though the police managed to capture some of those that attacked Enugu.

The Niger Delta militancy has eroded gains made in electricity generation and has significantly hurt the country's purse. Even though government has managed to increase non oil revenue, losses from oil make the gains insignificant.

Electricity: Grade: C

From May 2015 to January 2016, Average power generation was one of the highest in the history of Nigeria, averaging 4,000MW through that period. On February 14, 2016, militant struck Forcados and since then, they have not relented in destroying pipelines. The government has had a terrible few months in terms of electricity generation but they get a C because of a good start.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Buhari Scorecard by Nobody: 4:44am On May 29, 2016
Economy : F

Corruption: F

Boko Haram: F

Fulani Herdsmen: F

Electricity: F

Niger Delta Avengers: F

Education: F

Foriegn Policy: F

Exchange Rate: F

Taxation: F

Workers Payment: F

Headmaster's report: what a poor performance.

6 Likes

Re: My Buhari Scorecard by fitzmayowa: 4:49am On May 29, 2016
BeastAmbition:

That is to say PMB scored F9 you wicked ooo...cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Buhari Scorecard by Nobody: 4:52am On May 29, 2016
fitzmayowa:

That is to say PMB score F9 you wicked ooo...cheesy grin cheesy
It's Obvious to all. Not hating tho.

3 Likes

Re: My Buhari Scorecard by Firefire(m): 5:11am On May 29, 2016
It shall be well.
Re: My Buhari Scorecard by LordVoldemort(m): 6:18am On May 29, 2016
By this time next year you grade him A+++ in all sectors

Happy democracy day

God bless GMB

God bless Nigeria

God bless all of us

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: My Buhari Scorecard by Flexherbal(m): 6:26am On May 29, 2016
Are the Economy and Security not main courses?

1 Like

Re: My Buhari Scorecard by Pidggin(f): 6:26am On May 29, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Headmaster's report: what a poor performance.

grin
Re: My Buhari Scorecard by cktheluckyman: 6:27am On May 29, 2016
Electricity C? please tell me you are joking!! Whoose responsibility is it to protect the pipelines in the first place
Re: My Buhari Scorecard by tbaba1234: 6:45am On May 29, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Electricity C? please tell me you are joking!! Whoose responsibility is it to protect the pipelines in the first place

C is a fair assessment. Power generation was fairly stable before February forcados pipeline explosion.
Re: My Buhari Scorecard by JustOzito(f): 8:02am On May 29, 2016
I thought the scores extend from May2015 - May2016? anyway: Agriculture=F9 Boko haram = F9 Information = F9 Electricity =F9 Traveling= A100

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army:the Untold Story And Unearthing The Truth / President Buhari Condemns The Orlando Terrorist Attack / Senators Demand Life Pension, Immunity For Saraki, Dogara, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.