Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,752 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. (5666 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili: "Buhari's Independence Day Speech Is Divisive & Uninspiring" / Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President / "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi Lies Again (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by OLADD: 8:00am On May 29, 2016
Listening to Mr. President's Democracy Day broadcast which ended few minutes ago, I cannot but shake my head in utter disbelief, despondency, disappointment and consternation. Empty and shallow, the difference between the speech and APC 2015 campaigns from my own observation, is the difference between half a dozen and six. Characterised by the usual lamentations about the ruins of the past, rhetorics about implementation of the TSA policy, discovery of 43,000 ghost workers in govt payroll, establishment of Efficiency Unit and the much hyped Social Intervention Programmes( which had already been exhaustively echoed by the Ministers of Finance and Information at different fora), nothing suggests this govt has a gilt-edge agenda for speedy recovery of lost grounds economically, politically and socioculturally. On looted fund recovery, the president must have disappointed many of his ardent supporters by failing once again, to give specific figure on amount recovered so far and the number of culprits involved. On security, the president betrayed his "Maitatsine Insurgency feat" by celebrating the rescue of 2 Chibok Girls from a list of 217. Mediocrity has never been this bad in our nation's history. Going as far as threatening Niger Delta agitators in the face of helpless bombings of oil installations would do more harm than good to the nation's fragile economy and peace. Curiously, did anybody notice that the president avoided commenting on herdsmen escapades or was it an unintended omission? If after one year in office, the best President Buhari could offer on his maiden Democracy Day broadcast was the usual loads of seemingly unending promises, the nation needs to fret about its future.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by Abeymills(m): 8:06am On May 29, 2016
Bubuhari is jst a disgrace n absolute disappointment even 2his own adherent zombies oh my Goddddd hw did we get here oooooo thank my creator i did not vote dis tyrant clueless dullardiho of a president yeye govt

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by krasican(m): 8:13am On May 29, 2016
Justice Abang to Olisa Metuh!

"It is a shame that your party was in power for 16 years and could not build a standard hospital in Nigeria. And you have the guts to approach this court for permission to travel abroad on medical ground. I will never grant your request but if you are an ordinary person I will do so."

21 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by DesChyko: 8:13am On May 29, 2016
People wey celebrate Madrid's Champions League win never wake up na
Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by DesChyko: 8:16am On May 29, 2016
krasican:
Justice Abang to Olisa Metuh!

"It is a shame that your party was in power for 16 years and could not build a standard hospital in Nigeria. And you have the guts to approach this court for permission to travel abroad on medical ground. I will never grant your request but if you are an ordinary person I will do so."

I doubt the judge really said this. It can ruin the entire case for EFCC. If the judge made such statement, he may have been paid by Metuh's men. The trial can be stopped because the statement clearly shows bias and infringes on his right to a fair trial.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by 9jii(m): 8:18am On May 29, 2016
So you even care to listen and he was not even talking to you 5%.
your obsession with this man will soon land you in Yaba left

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by GenghisKhan(m): 8:20am On May 29, 2016
We shall write it all for all to read that a man who could barely string two sentences together was hailed as the messiah..#PMBwasted365days

6 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by OLADD: 8:23am On May 29, 2016
9jii:

He was speaking to both 95% and 5%. Nigeria is Mr. President's first constituency.

4 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by OLADD: 8:25am On May 29, 2016
9jii:

An adage goes thus; if you don't listen to lies, it will be difficult to hear the truth.

6 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by Abeymills(m): 8:26am On May 29, 2016
Mr president u are a big disgrace n disaster

10 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by 1wolex85: 8:29am On May 29, 2016
OLADD:

He was speaking to both 95% and 5%. Nigeria is Mr. President's first constituency.

some people just want to open thread Sha. you said it was the worst in the last 17 years, can you please post the other 16 speeches so we can compare them? I assume you have them handy and have read all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by louqas: 8:30am On May 29, 2016
OLADD:

So you know that but always come hard on him whenever he brings policies that will favour majority of Nigerians but your minority Godfathers will not benefit. Hypocite

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by Jirate(m): 8:34am On May 29, 2016
OLADD:

But you know that is not true na, haba, have you forgotten so soon, his first constituents are his Henchmen cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by Nojoke1: 8:38am On May 29, 2016
I like your summary
Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by incomintop: 8:42am On May 29, 2016
i think its beter for the president not to make a speech than this rubbish speech

2 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by OLADD: 8:46am On May 29, 2016
louqas:

So you know that but always come hard on him whenever he brings policies that will favour majority of Nigerians but your minority Godfathers will not benefit. Hypocite

Bros, I am from a majority tribe of Nigeria if you Care to know. On a more serous note, please mention any of Mr. President's policies that benefit a large spectrum of the society. Is it the increase in kerosene and petrol price or hike in electricity tariff? Are we talking about the proposed feeding of school children as if their parents are complaining? Pls tell us.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by idupaul: 8:49am On May 29, 2016
Buhari the collosal failure

4 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by OLADD: 8:53am On May 29, 2016
1wolex85:

some people just want to open thread Sha. you said it was the worst in the last 17 years, can you please post the other 16 speeches so we can compare them? I assume you have them handy and have read all.

There's absolute no need to post past speeches but if you are in tune with Nigeria's political evolution in the last 17 years, those speeches were laden with facts rather than fiction. This speech is the worst so to say. I don't create threads for fun.

4 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by emiwanlee(m): 8:53am On May 29, 2016
Who send am to make speech? This man is a bomb getting ready to explode

3 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by Adeeko007(m): 8:56am On May 29, 2016
This man is joke! He didnt address the fulani herdsmen fr6 libya or the Nysc scheme failure, or electricity, the high price of goods! Etc

3 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by 1wolex85: 9:14am On May 29, 2016
OLADD:

There's absolute no need to post past speeches but if you are in tune with Nigeria's political evolution in the last 17 years, those speeches were laden with facts rather than fiction. This speech is the worst so to say. I don't create threads for fun.

Oga, I am only asking you to prove your assertion. So you vividly remember the other 16 speeches such that you know they were laden with facts? Haba! Did I find the speech inspiring? No but for you to conclude that it's the worst speech without going through the other 16 is just foolishness. Besides what are facts? No matter what he did, you would have still criticized him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by OLADD: 9:31am On May 29, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga, I am only asking you to prove your assertion. So you vividly remember the other 16 speeches such that you know they were laden with facts? Haba! Did I find the speech inspiring? No but for you to conclude that it's the worst speech without going through the other 16 is just foolishness. Besides what are facts? No matter what he did, you would have still criticized him

Call it foolishness or whatever, it doesn't erase the fact that many people's expectations ( including yours if you really wants to be truthful) were dashed. Tell me any item in the broadcast that's different from statements from the presidency which were already in public domain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by OLADD: 9:35am On May 29, 2016
Nojoke1:
I like your summary

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:53am On May 29, 2016
louqas:

Mention 2 policy that favours common man

2 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by White007(m): 9:58am On May 29, 2016
9jii:

Common sense no dey that thing wey you carry for your neck.

2 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by OLADD: 10:04am On May 29, 2016
White007:

Common sense no dey that thing wey you carry for your neck.

Forgive him. It's the nation's economy.

3 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by Nobody: 10:05am On May 29, 2016
What irks the most is their quick resort to blaming the past administration for their gross incompetence. The PDP has become their buffer against criticisms.

4 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by OLADD: 10:07am On May 29, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:

Mention 2 policy that favours common man

I beg, help me ask am again. I just don't know why some people enjoy suffering and smiling.

3 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by blackpanda: 10:11am On May 29, 2016
Bad belle people go and die!!

Even if Buhari pay u all in gold bars u will still complain. Rubbish haters. God pass all of una!

God bless Naija
God bless PMB

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by OLADD: 10:12am On May 29, 2016
bejeiodus:
What irks the most is their quick resort to blaming the past administration for their gross incompetence. The PDP has become their buffer against criticisms.

Can you imagine the president saying the rail sector was in comatose yet Ameachi was junketing north and south commissioning rail projects left behind by the last govt? We need to genuinely fear God in this country.

8 Likes

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by White007(m): 10:14am On May 29, 2016
OLADD:

Forgive him. It's the nation's economy.

Lol, indeed it is.

1 Like

Re: Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. by mars123(m): 10:24am On May 29, 2016
Some people take political followership to extreme idiotic levels grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Facebook Blocked Me For Posting This About America (picture) / Outrage Over Viral Video Of 19 Herders Killed In Anambra / No Kidnapping Incident At Gwarimpa Estate Abuja - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.