Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,052 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets (15017 Views)

Buhari: All Recovered Assets Will Be Sold Off / Top 10 Contenders For The Presidency In 2019 If President Buhari Fails To Run / Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by naijainform: 10:51am On May 29, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday failed to give specific details of recovered loot as part of his anti-corruption war during his Democracy Day speech, consequently reneging on an earlier promise he made to that effect.

Mr. Buhari had on May 14 said in London that he would personally provide specific details of all recovered stolen public funds because he believed that what Nigerians were being fed through the media were not detailed enough.

“So far, what has come out, what has been recovered in whatever currency from each ministries, departments and individuals, I intend on the 29th to speak on this because all Nigerians are getting from the mass media because of the number of people arrested either by the EFCC, DSS. But we want to make a comprehensive report on the 29th,” Mr. Buhari said while attending the anti-corruption summit in London.

But during his nationwide broadcast on Sunday morning, the president only repeated previous claims that his administration was grappling with bureaucratic hurdles that make it difficult for stolen assets to be recovered from foreign jurisdictions.

“We are also engaged in making recoveries of stolen assets some of which are in different jurisdictions. The processes of recovery can be tedious and time consuming, but today I can confirm that thus far: significant amount of assets have been recovered. A considerable portion of these are at different stages of recovery.

Rather than personally speak on the matter and provide specific details as promised, Mr. Buhari only said he had directed the Ministry of Information to periodically publish details on the assets recovered so far.

“Full details of the status and categories of the assets will now be published by the Ministry of Information and updated periodically. When forfeiture formalities are completed these monies will be credited to the treasury and be openly and transparently used in funding developmental projects and the public will be informed,” Mr. Buhari said.

Based on the President’s May 14 promise, millions of Nigerians had on Sunday morning stayed glued to their radio and TV for the Democracy Day speech.

Some of them said they were dissappointed that Mr. Buhari failed to keep his promise.

The president and his government have of recent come under pressure to publicly substantiate his claims that billions of dollars have been recovered through the administration’s intensified war against graft.

Meanwhile, Mr. Buhari repeated his ministers’ claim that the administration had been able to successfully eliminate 43,000 ‘ghost’ workers that were costing the government N4.2 billion every month from the federal payroll.

“An important first step has been to get our housekeeping right. So we have reduced the extravagant spending of the past. We started boldly with the treasury single account, stopping the leakages in public expenditure.

“In addition, we will save Twenty-Three Billion Naira per annum from official travelling and sitting allowances alone,” Mr. Buhari said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/204253-buhari-fails-keep-promise-release-details-looters-recovered-assets.html

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Kyase(m): 11:04am On May 29, 2016
Hmm, democracy day never finish na, broses and sises.
Baba i still dey wait......
Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by MrPresident1: 12:04pm On May 29, 2016
The details will be given in the second anniversary grin.

You waited for ministers, you waited for budget, just a little more patience for the names of sinners and looters grin

Make una dey there dey wait cheesy.

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by veekid(m): 12:04pm On May 29, 2016
buhari na potential failure, a scammer

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by bettercreature(m): 12:04pm On May 29, 2016
I said it earlier this morning Lol,we don enter on chance!
I can say it again and again,GEJ can never be this bad
Baba even stylishly devalue naira to 285 without our conscience and celebrate one year in office without a single capital project
Continue,2019 is around the corner
I'm a die hard APC fan but if we refuse to tell him the truth like GEJ supporters,he will lose woefully comes 2019
Buhari is a TOTAL FAILURE

116 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by raypepe(f): 12:04pm On May 29, 2016
It has become a first nature of his, am not sure.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by calliope(f): 12:05pm On May 29, 2016
Yet zombies claims he is fighting corruption.. How can a party that
breeds corruption fight corruption?

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by freeze001(f): 12:05pm On May 29, 2016
Liar! I would have called the dunce a big, fat liar but since the description doesn't fit, I'll settle for skinnyass, dessicated, old liar!!!

How can an elderly person like this not know the value of keeping to words spoken and some silly zombie kids still find it fitting to attach integrity to his possessed scarecrow? God forbid! Even details of recovered loot that nobody asked u to provide but u promised by yourself to do so Nigerians are properly informed, u still make urself out to be a lying, untrustworthy bigot! Same with public declaration of assets o! Till tomorrow nothing and u claim saint!!

Devil dey learn work for where Bubu and APC dey abeg!!! Such a terrible shame!

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Krossbow123: 12:05pm On May 29, 2016
He will deny that he never promised anything like that.

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by laurel03(m): 12:05pm On May 29, 2016
They are all looters... It was from looting they financed PMB election..

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by ITbomb(m): 12:05pm On May 29, 2016
Lol

The only thing you can be sure about APC is that they will not do exactly what they said would

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by henroe2k2(m): 12:06pm On May 29, 2016
baba one chance indeed.... Everything about this man na fake.... deceiving zombies since 18BC

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by ibroh22(m): 12:06pm On May 29, 2016
Hmmmm,, watching Nigeria in 3D
Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by todayboy: 12:06pm On May 29, 2016
Government of promise and fail
Buhari does not have the balls to name them
They already in his cabinet

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by emmasege: 12:06pm On May 29, 2016
Another Promise Cancelled (A.P.C.). Tune in to channels @8 pm tonight to hear Femi Adesina do the damage control. Remember that's why he's employed: to give lame excuses and defend ineptitude of PMB while his senior colleague (Shehu) sits back to watch him fight. I really pity Femi somehow, because he's again going to defend/promote a bad market as always.

By the way, i could even barely hear the old man this morning. Thought I should be getting used to his terrible accent by now but it seems to be getting worse by the day. His failing health could also be a contributory factor. I hope one of Fayose's advertorials doesn't come through.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by DesChyko: 12:06pm On May 29, 2016
It's not the first time he would renegade on his words. We hope we're seeing the lasts of it though.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Toulene10(m): 12:06pm On May 29, 2016
It would not be wise to release any name(s) wink

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Resilence(m): 12:06pm On May 29, 2016
I never expected him to, has he ever kept any of his promises, abeg make we leave trash for LASTMA.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 29, 2016
As long as he doesn't release Nnamdi Kanu, no problem. We can't allow any stupid Biafra for now especially with the problems of the Avengers still rampaging. One nigeria till death

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by starpon1: 12:07pm On May 29, 2016
make i keep shut, because i no want another ban. Sai dulla

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Zico5(m): 12:07pm On May 29, 2016
It is too early to say he refused to release the details of the looted funds. If truly he's fighting corruption and knows how grave it may be not to carry people along, he will truly reveal it. Let's not be too carried away with sentiment. Nigeria belong to us all

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Mekybliss(f): 12:07pm On May 29, 2016
So if your daddy Promise to buy you sweet and he forget will you name him a liar abi
Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Money40: 12:07pm On May 29, 2016
Op has he kept any promise before? Why hoping on this man lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Segadem(m): 12:07pm On May 29, 2016
coolIn the book of PMB chapter 419 v. 370 says:
"blessed are thou when thou don't take my words serious, for thou shalt not be disappointed"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Segadem(m): 12:07pm On May 29, 2016
cool
Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by worksmart(m): 12:08pm On May 29, 2016
Why not sue him to court?

After all he should have spent his public statement reading a list of names right?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Leke001: 12:08pm On May 29, 2016
I knew he would never do it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 29, 2016
Things go still CHANGE cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Wendyslim(f): 12:08pm On May 29, 2016
baba buhari fall my hand abeg waiting patiently since may day to hear the names
Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Michaellegend(m): 12:09pm On May 29, 2016
wish Nigerians can enjoy what Turkmenistans are enjoying...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by 1trillionlikes: 12:09pm On May 29, 2016
I was not expecting any list before...... There are more important things to focus on..... It should be done by the ministry of information but i fear oga Lai will say they've recovered quadrillions in few days

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets by Jimi23(m): 12:09pm On May 29, 2016
He doesnt want to offend the A-PDP-C members who sponsored his campaign with looted funds, obviously.
Anti- "kwarapshan" crusade my foot. Nigerians had better wake up and smell d coffee. 2019 is just around the corner. What campaign promise has PMB fulfilled in one year? NONE. The morning shows the day. Buhari is going to leave Nigeria worse than he met it. Nigerians voted him because he promised to fight corruption and get looted funds back from looters yet the same set of corrupt judges are sitting fat in their offices. How does PMB hope to fight corruption when the judiciary is still filled with corrupt judges? He should keep dreaming. 2019 will jolt him up from his disastrous slumber. NONSENSE!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ben Gabriel: Misadventures Of The Israeli Filmmakers In Nigeria / APC Leaders Are Buhari’s Problem – Alkali / Gov. Makinde Appoints Tara Adefope As DG Due Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.