Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! (2546 Views)

Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? / "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" / No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 29, 2016
Why are we paying people to tell us about Jesus?

I don’t trust a Paid Pastor for the same reason I don’t trust a Paid Spokesperson, both are less than authentic. If you’re getting paid to say something then you will say exactly what I want you to say, how I want you to say it. This is how we got the “Prosperity Gospel” and “Name it & Claim it.”

Unfortunately in this new era of Preaching “the money” has become synonymous with church, and it’s becoming more and more difficult to separate the two.

Bishop Michael Pitts (of Cornerstone Church in Toledo) has made more money off preaching the Word of God than the Apostle Paul - yet Bishop Pitts hasn’t written one section of scripture. Here you have a man who is in the prime of his life, still having full use of his hands and feet, and living a luxurious lifestyle off church donations! And you consider him a servant of Jesus?

The strange part is when you really study the life of Jesus, nothing about him was ever associated with money – nor did he ever raise an offering. Today, church has become all about Money, and you cannot have church without Money. The reason this has happened is standing in the pulpit, it his designer 3pc suit, and the lifestyle that he has become accustom to requires a constant flow of church donations.

This is why I turn my nose up at Paid Preachers, because I truly feel they are not as committed to the mission of Jesus as they claim.

To call a Paid Pastor a servant of God, is like calling Tom Brady a servant of the New England Patriots. Tom Brandy is getting paid to do what he loves to do - the same as your Pastor. Tom Brady is paid to throw touchdowns and make the fans happy, the same as your Pastor. The main difference between your Pastor and Tom Brady is your Pastor guilt tripped you with scriptures into financing his dreams, and Brady made his money the old fashion way - he earned it.

I have always felt that if you truly loved God, then why not tell me about him free of charge?

If God has saved you from eternity in Hell, and you know he could do the same for me, then why would you charge me for that bit of information?

Pastors have convinced us that in order for the Gospel to spread effectively (while fulfilling all of the duties of the pulpit) then they must be in full time “Paid” ministry.

Sadly we fell for it. This is why I strongly believe that Tithing is quickly destroying church, and limiting access to the Gospel only to those who could afford this expensive Gospel.

If the truth be told, all of us are in full time ministry, and the truly active amongst us do it all free of charge.

If a Pastor loves the Lord as much as he claims, then he would preach for FREE. He would have a Job / Business outside of church, and he would remain financially independent from donations. If a pastor truly loved the Lord then he would realize that any amount of money he received in a salary would be better served in assisting a widow or an elderly person in the congregation.

Why are we paying a person to do something he said God called him to do?

Why are we allowing Pastors to wear certain scriptures like 1 Timothy 5:18 as full length fur coats, all while completely ignoring verse 8 of the same chapter.

“But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.”

It is not the responsibility of the Body of Christ to support a bunch of lazy able-bodied individuals who are fully capable of being gainfully employed. Our financial support should go to the Sick, Widow, and the Homeless.

If any Pastor is advocating that he is worthy of a salary to preach The Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ (a Gospel that he did not write) then that man is not a servant, but a Lazy Hustler.

A Servant is a Slave for God, and slaves were never paid wages other than food and shelter. Stop paying the Pastor a sales commission for souls, and redirect that money to real areas of need. Stop paying your Paid Spokesperson!

TJ - CHURCH FOLK REVOLUTION “Father God I don’t want anything from you but the opportunity to serve you. I am honored that you would even call me and use me, therefore I remain at you command. Oh Lord what is it that I can do for you today? To serve you Lord is both a privilege and an honor, and your grace is my only compensation. Your Grace is my daily Blessing. Amen!”

1 Corinthians 15:9-11

9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

http://pimppreacher.com/post/104160784310/preach-for-free-or-shut-up

6 Likes

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by loveroftruth: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2016
When Salary is no longer paid to pastors and Tithing is removed, then you will see how many so call pastor will remain.

I think the flamboyant life of other pastor they see is the attraction why they rush into pastoral work.

1 Like

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by loveroftruth: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2016
Preaching work should be done out of love of God. when you preach for the love of God, when you are even given something, your conscience pricks you since you want your reward to come from Yahweh.

2 Likes

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by kevoh(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2016
Frosbel2, been a while? You have been scarce on Religion section! Hope you are doing fine?
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 25, 2016

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by truthislight: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2016
Too much brain drain in Nigeria.

When Majority of Nigerian youths don't think constructively because they believe in magic, then you will know the Danger of falsehood and deceits in religion.

Believing a lie is dangerous.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by KingEbukaNaija: 11:29am On Jul 25, 2016
truthislight:

When Majority of Nigerian youths don't don't think constructively because they believe in magic, then you will know the Danger of falsehood and deceits in religion.

1. Are you an atheist?

2 Your username is "truthislight" , what truth is being purported as light ?
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by honourhim: 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

1. Are you an atheist?

He actually spreads falsehood. He is not an atheists. He specializes in twisting the scriptures to suit his false doctrines

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by KingEbukaNaija: 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
honourhim:

He actually spreads falsehood. He is not an atheists. He specializes in twisting the scriptures to suit his false doctrines

Oh ... a false prophet - one the bible warned us of

1 Like

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by truthislight: 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

1. Are you an atheist?

2 Your username is "truthislight", what truth is being purported as light ?

cool

I can appreciate why you cannot understand what i just said.

let me help. Do you know what happens to a student that beliefs he will always get help/expo in the exam hall to pass his/her exams? Are such students the most studious and hard working student in the class as to attain genuine improvement?

If you know the answer to the above scenario, then you will understand what i was talking about. Why it is wrong and dangerous to be promising all our able bodied men and women that every thing will come their ways via miracle.

1 Like

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by truthislight: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
honourhim:

Is the above really true?

Ok, you have an opportunity to show that you are not the son of the liar now and on this thread.

So, Using the Bible, state clearly the scriptures i have ever twisted to suit my false hood like you have just accused me above. failure to do that, the shame and torment is on you.

Peace.
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by truthislight: 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
truthislight:

When Majority of Nigerian youths don't think constructively because they believe in magic, then you will know the Danger of falsehood and deceits in religion.

This post and this thread is stinging certain people affected seriously, well, i always tell it the way it is.

Truth be told, am waiting for a human from the wife of Adam that will come and prove me wrong.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by frank317: 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
truthislight:

cool

I can appreciate why you cannot understand what i just said.

let me help. Do you know what happens to a student that beliefs he will always get help/expo in the exam hall to pass his/her exams? Are such students the most studious and hard working student in the class as to attain genuine improvement?

If you know the answer to the above scenario, then you will understand what i was talking about. Why it is wrong and dangerous to be promising all our able bodied men and women that every thing will come their ways via miracle.

Ebuka is the father of lies on Nairaland... Never take his words seriously
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by truthislight: 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
frank317:

Ebuka is the father of lies on Nairaland... Never take his words seriously

Am here waiting for them to come and validate their accusations.
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

1. Are you an atheist?

you guys are so new to nairaland that you have never read of FROSBEL before he deactivated the account how he preached and convinced so many people to beleive in god before he became a freethinker like me lol

1 Like

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by KingEbukaNaija: 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
stephenmorris:
you guys are so new to nairaland that you have never read of FROSBEL before he deactivated the account how he preached and convinced so many people to beleive in god before he became a freethinker like me lol

Freethinkers that choose to have sexual acts with animals and family members . No wonder its called FREEthinking . Enjoy freethinkers , no one is stopping you !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by paulGrundy(m): 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
loveroftruth:
Preaching work should be done out of love of God. when you preach for the love of God, when you are even given something, your conscience pricks you since you want your reward to come from Yahweh.

Wow I love this quote! And more so it should not be done out of fear of armaggedon.

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by Anas09: 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2016
truthislight:

I thought you were JW? I could be wrong.
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by Anas09: 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

1. Are you an atheist?

I and that Moniker had banttered here, him under JW and I, under Christianity. Am suprised Ooo.
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by paulGrundy(m): 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
@Frosbel2, money is needed to spread the gospel; cost of transporting materials, bills, transportation costs e.t.c.

An old quote says the gospel is free, but its not cheap.
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
Anas09:

I thought you were JW? I could be wrong.

I am waiting for him to deny that he is a JW. cool
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
truthislight:

Am here waiting for them to come and validate their accusations.

Are you not a JW? undecided
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
kevoh:

Frosbel2, been a while? You have been scarce on Religion section! Hope you are doing fine?

He's been going to and fro. He's been away for a season. cool

1 Like

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by Anas09: 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

I am waiting for him to deny that he is a JW. cool
Where have you been sir. It's been long?
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
Anas09:

Where have you been sir. It's been long?

The Lord is good to us here. Thanks for asking. smiley
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by Fadman4real(m): 12:03am On Jul 27, 2016
paulGrundy:
@Frosbel2, money is needed to spread the gospel; cost of transporting materials, bills, transportation costs e.t.c.

An old quote says the gospel is free, but its not cheap.
He is not saying those things are not needed but what is more paramont is the souls and how to save tgem for christ. Jesus never preached about wealth or riches, he never collected money from anyone, he lived his life not thinking about how he would survive the next day and asked us to do the same.

Remember Jesus was into full time ministry. When he sent the disciples to preach he asked them not to collect any money from anyone but to go and preach the gospel strictly.

Hope u know paul had a job he was doing tent making to survive and was also preaching the gospel.

The bible says my people perish because of lack of understanding. The biggest driving force of atheism and their strongest point today are the pastors and christians we have today.

1 Like

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by petra1(m): 12:35am On Jul 27, 2016
Galatians 6:6
Those who are taught the Word of God should help their teachers by paying them.
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by MuttleyLaff: 5:41am On Jul 27, 2016
petra1:
Galatians 6:6
Those who are taught the Word of God should help their teachers by paying them.
Paying them indeed.
Paying them with what?
Preferably money, right, isnt it?

The sense of entitlement to filthy lucre always betrays some
and is the for reason for prefering and always quoting using The Living Bible (TLB)

Out over 50 bible translation versions, it is only the paraphrasing The Living Bible (TLB) version that uses paying them in Galatians 6:6

1 Like

Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by Anas09: 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

The Lord is good to us here. Thanks for asking. smiley
Amen.
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by paulGrundy(m): 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
Fadman4real:

He is not saying those things are not needed but what is more paramont is the souls and how to save tgem for christ. Jesus never preached about wealth or riches, he never collected money from anyone, he lived his life not thinking about how he would survive the next day and asked us to do the same.

Remember Jesus was into full time ministry. When he sent the disciples to preach he asked them not to collect any money from anyone but to go and preach the gospel strictly.

Hope u know paul had a job he was doing tent making to survive and was also preaching the gospel.

The bible says my people perish because of lack of understanding. The biggest driving force of atheism and their strongest point today are the pastors and christians we have today.

Remember that scripture in corithians that says that those who are called by the gospel must live by the gospel. When Jesus was alive women ministered to him of their substance daily. There is nothing wrong with a full time pastor earning a salary, but there is a problem when he becomes greedy and covetoeus.
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by petra1(m): 7:56am On Jul 29, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Paying them indeed.
Paying them with what?
Preferably money, right, isnt it?

The sense of entitlement to filthy lucre always betrays some
and is the for reason for prefering and always quoting using The Living Bible (TLB)

Out over 50 bible translation versions, it is only the paraphrasing The Living Bible (TLB) version that uses paying them in Galatians 6:6

So which translation should we take . And Why criticize a translation just because it faults your theory . Na me write bible ?
Re: Preach For Free Or Shut Up ! by frubben(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
petra1:

So which translation should we take . And Why criticize a translation just because it faults your theory . Na me write bible ?

The version said "HELP" not cajoled or mandatory.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi / Benefits Of Scent Leave To Your Spiritual Life.... / Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.