Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. (1474 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Hp Deskjet D2360 Driver For Windows Vista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by franklampard082(m): 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2009
I own a hp laptop of harddisk 250gb and I've using it since last year November. I don't store much on it cuz my music folder is just 4gb, videos 15gb, pictures 1gb, documents are under 1gb, program files 3gb. Drive D is 10gb. So total disk usage is just about 35gb and I can't think of anything else that will eat up my memory, leaving me with only 5gb. I must remind you that am not a heavy user. After cleaning all but the last restore point, doing boot-time virus scanning and a thorough disk clean up as well as defragmentation, I was able to get 18gb as free space on my C drive. Please someone should help me out cuz I don't know what else to do. For those that have tried windows 7 please tell me if it's better or not let me know the way forward. Thanks to you all as you help a brother in need.
Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by eazybuzy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2009
pathetic, but have you confirmed it is not complaining about your RAM space and not hard disk space because it is whatever you save on the hard disk that accumulate the space.

If you use you computer to browse and you download, try checking C/downloads for file that might have not downloaded completely butare taking space and even some completed downloads you don't need any more.

Try getting tuneup 2009, it manage your hard disk and even your RAM.

Check every folder in your c drive one after the other and try deleting items you didnot place there but dont go into C/windows and if you go ther be sure to know exactly what you are deleting so as not to delete some of your drivers. chec also for duplicated files. and also round a full computer virus scan.
Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by nearest(m): 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2009
I need help with vista, i had windows xp installed in the system, some one run windows unlimited on it and could not finish the installation, since i don't have windows xp software i installed vista which i have and my drive C which was 20gig now i only have about 1.4Gig, I need help, i want to uninstall it or if there is anything i can do to remedy the situation. please i need help.
Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by routik(m): 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2009
I need help with vista, i had windows xp installed in the system, some one run windows unlimited on it and could not finish the installation, since i don't have windows xp software i installed vista which i have and my drive C which was 20gig now i only have about 1.4Gig, I need help, i want to uninstall it or if there is anything i can do to remedy the situation. please i need help.

the questions i want to ask you is this: did you format the whole hard drive or did you just install the vista on top of the unfinished work ?
Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by hansibone(m): 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2009
@franklampard,

have u heard of the conflicker virus strain B, wat it does is to eat up harddisk space on ur system making u think ure a the one using all the space,

i recommend u get a malware tool, to check if u have some hidden rootkits on ur system,

and like wat eazybuzy said, try laying ur hands on tuneup 2009 its the bomb, protects ur system in one small kinda way,

i use vista 32bit service pack 2 and men i dig d thin small,
Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by franklampard082(m): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2009
@hansibone. I have tuneup 2009 but I need the reg come cuz I have 10 days left. The tuneup actually helped by freeing 15gb but that's not enough. About this virus, I have avast on my system and I've always suspected that it's a viral problem. Which antivirus would be best for the system. How do I get vista sp2. Thanks
Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by nearest(m): 11:24pm On Aug 23, 2009
@ colins465 i installed the vista without uninstalling the xp unlimited
Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by deji2009(m): 12:37am On Aug 24, 2009
@franklampard082 click start, computer and tell us if you have a red colour on C and the D drive which I"ll take is the recovery partition
Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by deji2009(m): 12:42am On Aug 24, 2009
This problem is common on the hp and compaqs. have you set up a backup before if yes to where D or C drive and also you should be getting low disk space error message
Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by franklampard082(m): 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2009
I think I'll format the system and install windows 7 full version. Next time am getting a mac pro. I also need somebody to help me by telling me how to go about formatting a system. Thanks to y'all. I still need reg code for tuneup 2009. meetege@yahoo.com.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by franklampard082(m): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2009
If any has a mac for sale, please contact me. meetege@yahoo.com[quote][/quote][color=#990000][/color]

Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by hansibone(m): 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2009
@frank

hapi buyin
Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by nearest(m): 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2009
@ deji2009 what is the meaning of the red color on the drive c? mine is showing red since i installed vista, i need help please
Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by franklampard082(m): 2:27am On Aug 27, 2009
@infoseye. Am yet to try it but I believe it will work. Thank you tooooooooo much. Post your email address or add my contact to your YIM cuz I believe that you will be of much help to me. What do you know about windows 7 cuz am really serious about getting that or a mac. If you need any software, just tell me cuz I might have it but you can also give me a list of very useful softwares and their uses. Thanks a mill.
Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by Infoseye(m): 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2009
You welcome, am ok and loaded in terms of softwares, my email, is, infoseye@yahoo*com

Re: Help! Windows Vista Has Eaten Most Of My Memory. by nearest(m): 7:24pm On Aug 27, 2009
@ ifoseye would you be kind enough to send yf to my box? nearest4u@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Cisco Cert: What Happens If I Miss My Exam? / How Do I Crack A PDF File Without The Password / Mtn, My Best Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.