Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari (9299 Views)

Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay / I Am Returning Soon To Continue Project Of Fixing Nigeria - Buhari / Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by tommykiwi(m): 6:40am On May 30, 2016
It is one year today since our administration came into office. It has been a year of triumph, consolidation, pains and achievements. By age, instinct and experience, my preference is to look forward, to prepare for the challenges that lie ahead and rededicate the administration to the task of fixing Nigeria. But I believe we can also learn from the obstacles we have overcome and the progress we made thus far, to help strengthen the plans that we have in place to put Nigeria back on the path of progress.

We affirm our belief in democracy as the form of government that best assures the active participation and actual benefit of the people. Despite the many years of hardship and disappointment the people of this nation have proved inherently good, industrious tolerant, patient and generous.

The past years have witnessed huge flows of oil revenues. From 2010 average oil prices were $100 per barrel. But economic and security conditions were deteriorating. We campaigned and won the election on the platform of restoring security, tackling corruption and restructuring the economy. On our arrival, the oil price had collapsed to as low as $30 per barrel and we found nothing had been kept for the rainy day. Oil prices have been declining since 2014 but due to the neglect of the past, the country was not equipped to halt the economy from declining.

The infrastructure, notably rail, power, roads were in a decrepit state. All the four refineries were in a state of disrepair, the pipelines and depots neglected.

Huge debts owed to contractors and suppliers had accumulated. Twenty-seven states could not pay salaries for months. In the north-east, Boko Haram had captured 14 local governments, driven the local authorities out, hoisted their flags. Elsewhere, insecurity was palpable; corruption and impunity were the order of the day. In short, we inherited a state near collapse.

On the economic front, all oil dependent countries, Nigeria included, have been struggling since the drop in prices. Many oil rich states have had to take tough decisions similar to what we are doing. The world, Nigeria included has been dealing with the effects of three significant and simultaneous global shocks starting in 2014:

A 70% drop in oil prices.
Global growth slowdown.
Normalization of monetary policy by the United States federal reserve.

Our problems as a government are like that of a farmer who in a good season harvests ten bags of produce. The proceeds enable him to get by for rest of the year. However, this year he could only manage 3 bags from his farm. He must now think of other ways to make ends meet.

From day one, we purposely set out to correct our condition, to change Nigeria. We reinforced and galvanized our armed forces with new leadership and resources. We marshaled our neighbours in a joint task force to tackle and defeat Boko Haram. By the end of December 2015, all but pockets and remnants had been routed by our gallant armed forces. Our immediate focus is for a gradual and safe return of internally displaced persons in safety and dignity and for the resumption of normalcy in the lives of people living in these areas.

EFCC was given the freedom to pursue corrupt officials and the judiciary was alerted on what Nigerians expect of them in the fight against corruption. On the economy, in particular foreign exchange and fuel shortages, our plan is to save foreign exchange by fast tracking repair of the refineries and producing most of our fuel requirements at home. And by growing more food in Nigeria, mainly rice, wheat and sugar we will save billions of dollars in foreign exchange and drastically reduce our food import bill.

Source....http://leadership.ng/features/531785/administration-will-committed-fixing-nigeria-pmb

2 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by ORACLE1975(m): 6:41am On May 30, 2016
Baba this's FANTASTIC MADNESS, not even in Dream ...

Ask how much is cup of gari ...well for your information

Gari don take over from rice why can't u copy from other

NIGERIA are hungry no food no job

Baba this's not the change you promise Nigerians

Though NIGERIA fail to ask you which type of change

NEGATIVE OR POSITIVE CHANGE.

It's well NIGERIA

God bless GEJ.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by YourFatherYansh: 6:42am On May 30, 2016
Nigeria will be a superpower someday...unfortunately not in our generation..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by kodded(m): 6:44am On May 30, 2016
g
Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by HzRF(m): 6:46am On May 30, 2016
This man can lie sha
Huh huh
No wonder lie mohammed is playing free role in his administration

22 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by HzRF(m): 6:46am On May 30, 2016
This man can lie sha
Huh huh
No wonder lie mohammed is playing free role in his administration

8 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by Psylas(m): 6:50am On May 30, 2016
Yea we already know how you want to fix it

32 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by Abeymills(m): 6:56am On May 30, 2016
Sharap ur goro chewing mouth thier old fool u are a liar n a disaster

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by greatiyk4u(m): 6:57am On May 30, 2016
When ever I read "will" I am tempted to ask 4 a wailer form

Na joke wallahi sai Buhari fa

8 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by tayebest(m): 7:00am On May 30, 2016
huh? shocked children of hate seen masturbating on this thread!!

even as we all know that the world economy is not upright yet they decide to spit venom on the president...

fccking pained dunce! angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by timisco1: 7:02am On May 30, 2016
Big big talk
Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by Amakortee: 7:03am On May 30, 2016
ok
Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by ajebuter(f): 7:07am On May 30, 2016
Campaign mode activated again by PMB

Another WE WILL

So much blablabla again..

Mtchew!

22 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by c4tnoelz: 7:35am On May 30, 2016
Wat wia u doin oll diz while?

5 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by youngeagle(m): 7:53am On May 30, 2016
This dullard needs mental rehabilitation.

14 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by Raddie(m): 8:45am On May 30, 2016
c4tnoelz:
Wat wia u doin oll diz while?
Your Q should have been what have our leaders been doing all this while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by onosprince(m): 8:53am On May 30, 2016
Are you already campaigning for 2019? Stop all this statement "I will, We will" and get to work....

14 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by Reekadict04: 8:53am On May 30, 2016
cheesy
Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by DropShot: 8:53am On May 30, 2016
We're SOLIDLY BEHIND YOU.

2 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by Integrityfarms(m): 8:53am On May 30, 2016
After one year, they are still using the verb 'we will' rather than 'we are'!

Wonder when they will make use of their senses!

12 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by dayo23(f): 8:53am On May 30, 2016
old sick man

7 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by mizchoc(f): 8:53am On May 30, 2016
Nigeria is not broken...
Fix ur health first, then ur leaders..
after that,u can start talking..

mtchwwww..

13 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by ihatebuhari(f): 8:54am On May 30, 2016
Bloody thief

Buhari u can't fix Nigeria, u are a wicked man

I commit u into the hand of Satan

13 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by Pyno30: 8:54am On May 30, 2016
There're no clear difference between the headlines of 1983/4 & 2016. This could have been avoided

11 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by pheyikemi: 8:55am On May 30, 2016
Just fiX the mess u put us in biko, talk talk government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by chikel2000(m): 8:55am On May 30, 2016
Sir we hv lost hope in u

8 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by Beehshorp(m): 8:55am On May 30, 2016
We are no longer in democracy and am sure majority of sane Nigerians prefer the previous administration to the catastrophe u av caused in the name of fixing GEJ sins

17 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by Nobody: 8:55am On May 30, 2016
Destroying Nigeria.

You mean ?

This man is yet to understand what democracy means. You are the one remote controllng all your ministers through body language and you call it democracy.

You hate intelligent people like Pat Utomi and Tony Elumelu who can turn things around for the country and appoint mediocres in govt. You say its democracy..

11 Likes

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by hezy4real01(m): 8:56am On May 30, 2016
OK good one sir but pls try fix am ASAP
Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by FagsamPHP(m): 8:56am On May 30, 2016
Are we still campaigning? this man's brain is just too dull... Buhari the Daura President presidiot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Administration Will Be Committed To Fixing Nigeria – Buhari by ayzTIGER: 8:56am On May 30, 2016
tayebest:
huh? shocked children of hate seen masturbating on this thread!!

even as we all know that the world economy is not upright yet they decide to spit venom on the president...

fccking pained dunce! angry
ok now the world economy is not upright; i think it should be GEJ fault... Theres nothing you zombies wont clinch to since your gasping for air

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Ike Ekweremadu Casting His Vote At His Polling Unit / Ijaw Group Flays Sponsored Campaign Of Calumny On Tompolo / Ondo By-Election: APC Aspirant Petitions Ganduje, Rejects Outcome Of Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.