Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Terrorising And Extortion Of Innocent Nigerians By Vigilantee At Umuoda Aluu R\S - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorising And Extortion Of Innocent Nigerians By Vigilantee At Umuoda Aluu R\S (496 Views)

Senate Reacts To Arrest Of Innocent Chukwuma, Innoson Motors Chief / Murder Of Innocent Kokorifa: Protest In Yenagoa By Ijaw Youths (Photos) / Rivers Insecurity:Politician House Set Ablaze By Vigilantee Group In Ahoada(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Terrorising And Extortion Of Innocent Nigerians By Vigilantee At Umuoda Aluu R\S by vugaman(m): 7:45am On May 30, 2016
I want to bring to the notice of people to what is happening at umuoda community at aluu of recent.A newly formed vigilantee there,are behaving like armed robbers and are tormenting the same people they are suppose to guard,as soon as ten o:clock,they will block the road to that community and start extorting money from any body who wants to pass through and if you refuse,they will deny you passage,if you are not careful,they will beat you or cut you with their matchet.my experience with them yesternight around 11;15 pm my generator was on as nepa light is non existence in that part though there is a standing order that all gens should be off by 11:30;by 11;15 pm they came to my house,offed and seized my gen knowing fully well that time was not up not until they collected #500 from me before they returned the gen.we are in bondage,pls share this message as this is the same place four university of ph students were killed and there is no police presence there.
Re: Terrorising And Extortion Of Innocent Nigerians By Vigilantee At Umuoda Aluu R\S by otokx(m): 7:53am On May 30, 2016
Be security conscious and respect the community you reside in. Do not be confrontational. Aluu 4 died in Omuokiri not Umuoda so don't speak deceitfully.
Even inside Port Harcourt with gated streets, if you return past 10, vigilante will ask you to identify yourself. Generators are switched of by 11pm because Robbers take advantage of the noise to rob. If you can't adhere to the culture of the place relocate to other areas. There is police presence in Mbodo and Omuokiri.

1 Like

Re: Terrorising And Extortion Of Innocent Nigerians By Vigilantee At Umuoda Aluu R\S by vugaman(m): 11:44am On May 30, 2016
otokx:
Be security conscious and respect the community you reside in. Do not be confrontational. Aluu 4 died in Omuokiri not Umuoda so don't speak deceitfully.
Even inside Port Harcourt with gated streets, if you return past 10, vigilante will ask you to identify yourself. Generators are switched of by 11pm because Robbers take advantage of the noise to rob. If you can't adhere to the culture of the place relocate to other areas. There is police presence in Mbodo and Omuokiri.
pls eat your advice,i did not post this topic for apes to reply,you did not say anything about the extortion and crude behavior toward members of the public,did you actually read the post?a place you can stay up to a week without sighting a police patrol van and all you can say is pack out,birds of same feather but do not worry,i pray they will meet their waterloo very soon.by your comments i know you have never travelled or stay outside Riverstate for up to one week.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Cancels Visit To Ogoniland / Today Is Looters Naming Day. / Keshi: Nigeria Has Lost A Hero, Says Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.