Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems (5712 Views)

Rashida Yahaya Bello On Lesser Hajj With Children (Photos) / Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" / Idps In Sambisa Camp Live Lesser Than Goats- Doctor Shares Heartbreaking Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:14am On May 30, 2016
YES!

I am Yoruba, and I'm proud of it.

They call us cowards, because we do not believe in resulting into violence or destruction of national peace to air our views.

We do not struggle for relevance, we simply use our brains, pen and paper. We're more objective and diplomatic.

Yes, we're not perfect, but we did not destroy national peace like other tribes who riot for the sake of Biafra; or those who keep destroying national unity because of their cattle; or those bombing pipelines and savaging the nation's source claiming that they own it etc

I can go on and on, but we are just careful people, who do not drag rights with the indigenes of another land.

Yes we're not perfect, but we have caused lesser harm.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by Hdayo1(m): 9:19am On May 30, 2016
Its a known fact... just look at the power tussle between igbo land Hausa right from independence down to civil war and up till now... Hausas love to be dominant but they lack resources to do that. They are fearful of secession so they want power at all cost so that Nigeria won't break. If Nigeria breaks for in instance, north would just be like Chad and Niger...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by IkpuMmadu: 9:41am On May 30, 2016
We are in this mess today because of Yoruba foolishly followed bubu the dullard from north

22 Likes

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by ever811(m): 9:46am On May 30, 2016
i disagree wit u sir,iam 4rm tiv tribe in Benue state but I will stand my feet on the ground to defend the Igbo's and Niger Deltans on dis one.the problems facing Nigeria today,be it insurgents, Fulani herdsmen wahala,Niger Delta avengers,biafera agitation, bad economy, untimely death,under development,just name them are as a result of the inability of the government to occupy the people with good life which should retrogressed there mind from violence of any form.the government has failed to make policies which would checkmate the mentality and orientation of the people..if there has been outstanding balance development all over the six geopolitical zones, let said east nd ,Niger delta for instance the issue of biafera and blowing of pipe lines would not hv been raised from the death.the Yoruba nd Hausa's who hv planted them self in power has failed to deliver good governance are the real problem of Nigeria..sir..thank u

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:50am On May 30, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
We are in this mess today because of Yoruba foolishly followed bubu the dullard from north

No!

We're in this problem today because Yoruba massively supported GEJ
in 2011
We're here because OBJ erroneously believed in GEJ sad sad

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:55am On May 30, 2016
ever811:
i disagree wit u sir,iam 4rm tiv tribe in Benue state but I will stand my feet on the ground to defend the Igbo's and Niger Deltans on dis one.the problems facing Nigeria today,be it insurgents, Fulani herdsmen wahala,Niger Delta avengers,biafera agitation, bad economy, untimely death,under development,just name them are as a result of the inability of the government to occupy the people with good life which should retrogressed there mind from violence of any form.the government has failed to make policies which would checkmate the mentality and orientation of the people..if there has been outstanding balance development all over the six geopolitical zones, let said east nd ,Niger delta for instance the issue of biafera and blowing of pipe lines would not hv been raised from the death.the Yoruba nd Hausa's who hv planted them self in power has failed to deliver good governance are the real problem of Nigeria ..sir..thank u

Yoruba has never forced herself to power, God just orchestrates it. Get your facts right bro.

And I still stand to be corrected, as bad as OBJs regime may be, if we had continued at that slow rate we wouldn't have gone far beyond this.
There are facts and figures oga. The debt-free and robust treasury we had then has been erased by GEJs regime.

I deal with facts and figures, not assumptions.

NEXT PLEASE!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by IkpuMmadu: 10:09am On May 30, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

No!

We're in this problem today because Yoruba massively supported GEJ
in 2011
We're here because OBJ erroneously believed in GEJ sad sad
Shut it

We are talking 2016 you are dragging us behind

What is wrong with Yoruba and I get am before mentality

The whole southern tribes know that Yoruba people are sell out and they put us in this mess

21 Likes

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:17am On May 30, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Shut it

The whole southern tribes know that Yoruba people are sell out
and they put us in this mess

Only a dolt wouldn't know that the 2016 problem is as a result of the past administration. I don't get it! PMB should just get there and perform magic?? When there is no money for him to work with? Was this the state GEJ took over from Yar'adua??

What's your definition of sell out? Because I didn't vote the person of your own choice means I'm a sell out? BullCrap!!! angry angry

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by IkpuMmadu: 10:19am On May 30, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

Only a dolt wouldn't know that the 2016 problem is as a result of the past administration. I don't get it! PMB should just get there and perform magic?? When there is no money for him to work with? Was this the state GEJ took over from Yar'adua??

What's your definition of sell out? Because I didn't vote the person of your own choice means I'm a sell out? BullCrap!!! angry angry

Gave you blamed Jonathan today .

If you haven't pls do....it helps in alleviating stress
..thank u

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by Nobody: 10:23am On May 30, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Shut it

The whole southern tribes know that Yoruba people are sell out and they put us in this mess
Yorubas are sell out really?
was there are a written agreement between Yoruba and other southern tribe to vote for PDP.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by IkpuMmadu: 10:25am On May 30, 2016
krazykoons:
Yorubas are sell out really?
was there are a written agreement between Yoruba and other southern tribe to vote for PDP.

That's your own perception and other southern Nigerian tribes even north doesn't even trust Yoruba

Do a field study and stop this online thing

Bye

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by Nobody: 10:31am On May 30, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

That's your own perception and other southern Nigerian tribes even north doesn't even trust Yoruba

Do a field study and stop this online thing

Bye
what does trust gat to do with politics,we are talking similar interest here,you don't have to trust Yorubas keep your trust,when they voted gej over buhari/bakare nobody saw them as sell out.
abeg spun another yarn.

16 Likes

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by Nobody: 10:34am On May 30, 2016
ever811:
i disagree wit u sir,iam 4rm tiv tribe in Benue state but I will stand my feet on the ground to defend the Igbo's and Niger Deltans on dis one.the problems facing Nigeria today,be it insurgents, Fulani herdsmen wahala,Niger Delta avengers,biafera agitation, bad economy, untimely death,under development,just name them are as a result of the inability of the government to occupy the people with good life which should retrogressed there mind from violence of any form.the government has failed to make policies which would checkmate the mentality and orientation of the people..if there has been outstanding balance development all over the six geopolitical zones, let said east nd ,Niger delta for instance the issue of biafera and blowing of pipe lines would not hv been raised from the death.the Yoruba nd Hausa's who hv planted them self in power has failed to deliver good governance are the real problem of Nigeria..sir..thank u
you spoke my mind

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by fiizznation: 10:35am On May 30, 2016
Hdayo1:
Its a known fact... just look at the power tussle between igbo land Hausa right from independence down to civil war and up till now... Hausas love to be dominant but they lack resources to do that. They are fearful of secession so they want power at all cost so that Nigeria won't break. If Nigeria breaks for in instance, north would just be like Chad and Niger...
Stop writing gibberish here and you should also reframe from saying what you don't know. The country called Nigeria today, sardauna NEVER agreed to be part of it. Your leaders{azikwe, awolowo}, pleaded with sir Sirdauna to join the "new nation called Nigeria". These are facts with evidences/proofs and not the horseshit you people say.

Another e.g was that of late major general murtala ramat Mohammed, he also wanted to take north out of Nigeria.And at the end who pleaded with him? Azikwe has always wanted one Nigeria because of some reasons best known to him, same goes to awolowo.

The only people that opposed the creation of one Nigeria from the start were northerners. So you people should stop trying to rewrite history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by IkpuMmadu: 10:37am On May 30, 2016
krazykoons:
what does trust gat to do with politics,we are talking similar interest here,you don't have to trust Yorubas keep your trust,when they voted gej over buhari/bakare nobody saw them as sell out.
abeg spun another yarn.

Na you go ask Na you go answer

Just go and take samples of opinion how Yoruba are regarded in the streets

It's as simple as that

Abeg no quote me again

Na una put una self there

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:40am On May 30, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Gave you blamed Jonathan today .

If you haven't pls do....it helps in alleviating stress
..thank u

We do not intend blaming.

PMB got to work immediately by demanding for accountability and prosecution of offenders, you guys called it "witch hunt"; then we explained to you why we're doing what is being done, then again you called it blame game.

You definitely don't want Nigeria progressing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by Nobody: 10:49am On May 30, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Na you go ask Na you go answer

Just go and take samples of opinion how Yoruba are regarded in the streets

It's as simple as that

Abeg no quote me again

Na una put una self there
how Yorubas are regarded in the streets is what you've said they are, opinions.
no go kill yourself oh because ijaw man lose election,wey Yoruba people campaign for during hin first tenure.

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by IkpuMmadu: 10:50am On May 30, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

We do not intend blaming.

PMB got to work immediately by demanding for accountability and prosecution of offenders, you guys called it "witch hunt"; then we explained to you why we're doing what is being done, then again you called it blame game.

You definitely don't want Nigeria progressing.

Here he goes again....tell me just one thing buhari fulfilled during his election promises

Just one . ..
Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by EasternLion: 10:51am On May 30, 2016
fiizznation:

The only people that opposed the creation of one Nigeria from the start were northerners. So you people should stop trying to rewrite history.

And when u finally got ur One Nigeria, u want to suck it to 6ft without giving anything back or even allowing others to discuss on how it will be.

Death to One Nigeria and everyone that holds dear to it.

Insha Allah! Isee!! Amen!!!

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by Nobody: 10:57am On May 30, 2016
fiizznation:
Stop writing gibberish here and you should also reframe from saying what you don't know. The country called Nigeria today, sardauna NEVER agreed to be part of it. Your leaders{azikwe, awolowo}, pleaded with sir Sirdauna to join the "new nation called Nigeria". These are facts with evidences/proofs and not the horseshit you people say.

Another e.g was that of late major general murtala ramat Mohammed, he also wanted to take north out of Nigeria.And at the end who pleaded with him? Azikwe has always wanted one Nigeria because of some reasons best known to him, same goes to awolowo.

which of the awolowo were you referring to,the one that opposed unified Nigeria,the man that fought for a secession clause when Nigeria was been instituted,that azikwe vehemently refused and ran to sarduana to vote for a unified country because he thought he could play a fast one on the reserved Hausa/Fulani.
the whole problem of Nigeria started with IBOs relentless greed,and they are paying and will continue paying as long as Nigeria exist.

15 Likes

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by 33xtr66r: 11:17am On May 30, 2016
If Yorubas aren't a major cause of Nigeria problems Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the current Emir of Kano, a Fulani, would not have penned down these truths about Yoruba people without a formidable rejoinder from Yoruba elites: "YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA"?
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude. 

The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country. In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January. After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention....

Immediately after the 1960 Independence the Yoruba tribe threw the whole country into a political turmoil with the deadly and boody 'Operation Wetie' which precipitated the January 1966 coup and the 1967-70 civil war.

What about the June 12 crisis in the 1990s that sent many innocent lives to their untimely graves?
Till date Yorubas by virtue of their political 'sophistication', treachery, propaganda and lies are still causing great havocs to this contraption.

N.B: "Operation Wetie" in Yoruba means wet a human being and his/her properties with petrol and set them ablaze.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by HtwoOw: 11:26am On May 30, 2016
grin Yoruba lo sure ju

So proud of my heritage

Yorubas are reasonable, peaceful and wise

I don't care what haters say

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by coolitempa1(f): 11:28am On May 30, 2016
fiizznation:

Your foolishness no get part two....Awolowo was never blind to Nigeria's diversity and opposed it from the beginning....it was he who said nigeria is a mere geographic expression... sad

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by ariesbull: 11:34am On May 30, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

That's harsh but true
Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:34am On May 30, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Here he goes again....tell me just one thing buhari fulfilled during his election promises

Just one . ..

Even all the reports point to that one thing - corruption tackle.

Have you not been watching the news lately

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:40am On May 30, 2016
33xtr66r:
If Yorubas aren't a major cause of Nigeria problems Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the current Emir of Kano, a Fulani, would not have penned down these truths about Yoruba people without a formidable rejoinder from Yoruba elites: "YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA"?
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude. 

The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country. In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January. After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention....

Immediately after the 1960 Independence the Yoruba tribe threw the whole country into a political turmoil with the deadly and boody 'Operation Wetie' which precipitated the January 1966 coup and the 1967-70 civil war.

What about the June 12 crisis in the 1990s that sent many innocent lives to their untimely graves?
Till date Yorubas by virtue of their political 'sophistication', treachery, propaganda and lies are still causing great havocs to this contraption.

N.B: "Operation Wetie" in Yoruba means wet a human being and his/her properties with petrol and set them ablaze.

Bullcrap! This is an absolutely bias submission.

So far, the Yorubas are the only ones who do not believe in shunning other tribes in polity or governance. This is even evident in OBJs appointments and dealings as a president. That's even why the Yoruba nation reprove themselves at times because we do not favour our own much like other tribes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by olapluto(m): 11:46am On May 30, 2016
I dont like threads like this. No need to single out any tribe, but the Yoruba nation of old was truly exemplary. At a time, Western Nigeria was paying salaries much higher than the federal government.
I think the solution will be to go back to regional government. Let Biafrans develop SE to the envy of the rest of Nigeria first, SS do the same, and watch the North also get dragged along.
The current system is dysfunctionally lazy. Monthly federal allocations that have made politics easy for the touts in government. The more powerful regional (and state) governments become, the weaker the president will become. When the centre becomes politically weak, then it becomes less attractive to occupy. Hausas can even have the federal government for as long as they want, as long as States are developing rapidly.

This is the only way to bring back good governance to Nigeria. With good governance, ALL tribes will behave themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by ednut1(m): 12:01pm On May 30, 2016
Nigeria will never move forward with ethnic bullsh*t . are all yorubas same nonsense
Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:15pm On May 30, 2016
olapluto:
I dont like threads like this. No need to single out any tribe, but the Yoruba nation of old was truly exemplary. At a time, Western Nigeria was paying salaries much higher than the federal government.
I think the solution will be to go back to regional government. Let Biafrans develop SE to the envy of the rest of Nigeria first, SS do the same, and watch the North also get dragged along.
The current system is dysfunctionally lazy. Monthly federal allocations that have made politics easy for the touts in government. The more powerful regional (and state) governments become, the weaker the president will become. When the centre becomes politically weak, then it becomes less attractive to occupy. Hausas can even have the federal government for as long as they want, as long as States are developing rapidly.

This is the only way to bring back good governance to Nigeria. With good governance, ALL tribes will behave themselves.

Nice one there. I didn't mean to start up any hate or be vindictive here.

I just thought to myself this morning that the Yoruba is not in the current devastations and destruction threatening the national peace ATM. And then I looked since 1999 and found it the same.

Honestly, were it not for how unstable Nigeria is currently, splitting up may be better.

ednut1:
Nigeria will never move forward with ethnic bullsh*t . are all yorubas same nonsense

I didn't say so, I argued based on the above.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by laurel03(m): 12:16pm On May 30, 2016
HtwoOw:
grin Yoruba lo sure ju

So proud of my heritage

Yorubas are reasonable, peaceful and wise

I don't care what haters say
Yes ooo.. Yoruba land is the safest place you can leave and they adopt other tribe easily in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by olapluto(m): 12:29pm On May 30, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

Nice one there. I didn't mean to start up any hate or be vindictive here.

I just thought to myself this morning that the Yoruba is not in the current devastations and destruction threatening the national peace ATM. And then I looked since 1999 and found it the same.

Honestly, were it not for how unstable Nigeria is currently, splitting up may be better.

I didn't say so, I argued based on the above.

This is why I shake my head at the Biafran agitators. All they want is to simply break away. Break away to what? Do they have a precedence to back up them wanting to be alone? Western Nigeria had all the templates for greatness, with time proven results even up to today. Lagos state is the only state that is generating enough to sustain itself. Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti can all replicate the Lagos template if they have decent leaders. Same has to be said for all of Nigeria though.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Tribe Caused Nigeria Lesser Problems by One1after: 12:38pm On May 30, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

Stop wasting your time with little children, most of them just have big head with empty brain, voting your own choice of candidates is now betrayal to those hateful being. I pity there parents. Pathetic

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel - Nigeria’s Diversity, Our Greatest Untapped Asset / Hamza Al-mustapha Is Setting Youtube On Fire / Sex Crazed Lucky Igbinedion's At It Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.