Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,656 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari (708 Views)

Pastor Osinbajo Should be The Last Man Buhari Should Call. / Nnamdi Kanu Is A Great Man, Buhari’s Islamic Agenda will Not Work - Fani-kayode / Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari by ganisucks(f): 5:44pm On May 30, 2016
One year after he became the president of Nigeria, Mohammadu Buhari has said he was still shocked at how former President Goodlick Jonathan conceded defeat in the March 28, 2015 presidential elections and handed over the reins of power to him. The president said it was such an incredible development that a man who had occupied various political offices as a deputy governor, governor, Vice president and president could easily relinquish power to the opposition party. According to Buhari, Jonathan's gesture had distinguished him as generous and gracious man. Buhari who gave the glowing tribute to his predecessor while hosting State House Correspondents to a luncheon at the New Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa on Monday was offering retrospective highlights of his early days in office after his inauguration. The luncheon however came on the heels of his first year in office. He said that the last one year had been "a tumultuous year for everyone in the villa." He revealed that it was the singular congratulatory call Jonathan made to him that prompted him to visit the Villa in the company of former Head of State, Abdusalami Abubakar to the Villa for appreciation. He said: "I will talk about my experience here in Aso Villa. "I underrated the influence of the PDP for 16 years watching from outside as 8 consecutive governments. The experience of the staff, their commitment and zeal is different from what it is now. 16 years of development in the life of a developing nation is a long time. "When we came, there were 42 ministries. We cut it to 24. This is where I pay my respect to former President Goodluck Jonathan. This is actually a privileged information for you. He called me at a quarter past five in the evening. He said good evening Your Excellency, Sir and I said good evening. He said, I have called to congratulate you that I have conceded defeat. Of course, there was dead silence on my end because I did not expect it. I was shocked. I did not expect it because after 16 years, the man was a deputy governor, governor, Vice President and was President for six years. "For him to have conceded defeat even before the result was announced by INEC, I think it was quite generous and gracious of him.
www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/2015-jonathan-shocked-me-for-conceded-defeat-buhari/
Re: Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 30, 2016
Nigerians are waiting for Buhari's gracious resignation for telling lies on his INEC form

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari by ORACLE1975(m): 5:49pm On May 30, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari by ganisucks(f): 5:49pm On May 30, 2016
There are times, rare comet times, that buhari's speechwriters do use their common sense

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari by Godfather92(m): 5:58pm On May 30, 2016
That's a sign of true leadership, none of us even the head has the power to waste any life because of urge to ve power... Longe live Nairaland, longe live GEJ, long live me myself, long live Nigeria my great country I so much believe in

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari by DonMaxxy(m): 6:09pm On May 30, 2016
Even Lucifer the father of liars knows that GEJ is a meek and humble man. Who is always slow to anger..

BTW, Bubu what good legacy will you leave... even Abacha better pass you. His loots are now saving us. He actually did save money for the country in form of looting...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari by otukpo(f): 6:20pm On May 30, 2016
And some zombies are still waiting for you to arrest GEJ and put him in jail.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari by Apelex(m): 6:25pm On May 30, 2016
otukpo:
And some zombies are still waiting for you to arrest GEJ and put him in jail.

They will have grey hairs in the process of waiting

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari by daddyrich: 6:43pm On May 30, 2016
This is the most truthful and the most honest confession ever made by a FAILING PRESIDENT.

just my opinion, no offense pls!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari by Splinz(m): 6:59pm On May 30, 2016
Whether you acknowledged GEJ as such a blessed man or keep vilifying him at every given opportunity, noble minds have always known him to be a rare gem.
Re: Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari by Dereformer(m): 1:15am On May 31, 2016
For once in Buhari's wasted one year, I respect him for saying the truth.
Re: Jonathan’s Gesture Distinguished Him As Generous, Gracious Man – Buhari by Nobody: 1:57am On May 31, 2016
Jonathan is a hero of democracy and I am glad the President acknowledged his sportsmanship.
He could have tailored the electoral process to ensure his victory at the polls but he respected the sovereign right of the people to choose their leader.

Jonathan lacked perfection, but no one can fault his commitment to credible elections, nay democracy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See What Gov Fayose Did After The Massive Protest Against Him In Ekiti(photos) / $1.5 Million Property Found In Los Angeles Belonging To Guy Murray-bruce / FLASH: @inecnigeria Has Issued A Certificate Of Return To Uche Ogah As The New G

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.