Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

See How Filling Stations In Nigeria Cheat And Dupe Fuel Buyers.. With Pictures - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / See How Filling Stations In Nigeria Cheat And Dupe Fuel Buyers.. With Pictures (1342 Views)

Lady Exposes Guy Using Her Photos To Dupe Unsuspecting Victims / Police Alerts Motorists Queuing At Filling Stations Over New Theft Tactics / Spiritualist Dupe and Had Sex deliverance With Woman In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Filling Stations In Nigeria Cheat And Dupe Fuel Buyers.. With Pictures by naijacarlovers: 8:22pm On May 30, 2016
I was in Enugu and needed to fill up my tank in preparation for my return trip back to Lagos the following morning.

I drove into a filling station along Zik's Avenue, Enugu and the girl gave me 53.99 liters, the bill came to #7,828.55. The main problem was that the fuel tank capacity of the 2014 Kia Cerato I drove was 50 liters and I still had about 9/10 liters left because I still had a range of over 67km left before the car's tank gets empty.

Luckily I was keeping records of the car's performance so I took pictures of the fuel guage and the fuel pump meter. As at that time I didn't know I had been robbed.

The fantastic thing I noticed about the car was that the fuel took me from Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Zik's Ave all the way to Berger Bridge in Ogun/Lagos States. Despite the detour I made at Asaba, the bad road conditions in Nteje and the traffic holdup after Ore.

By the time I almost got to the Berger Bridge, I didn't have any driving range again though from my deductions I should still have about 4 liters left which would have gotten me well into Lagos but as at then I would have looked somehow if I ran out of fuel just because I was doing an experiment and my reserve light had illuminated since the Redeemed Christian Church's Redemption Camp.

So I drove into the Matrix filling station. The pleasant thing I realized was that they were selling fuel at #143.

The attendant filled up the tank with 46.86 liters which according to the manufacturer's specifications of 50 liters tank capacity confirmed to that I had just 3.14 liters of fuel in the tank before I refilled.

The price was #6,700.98 which felt great. I also took pictures of the guage and fuel pump meter for comparison and that was when I confirmed that I was robbed big time at Enugu.

It will really be good if our enforcement units can take their jobs seriously so that the citizens will stop being robbed unnecessarily and make us have more confidence in them.

For us to have a better Nigeria it has to start from each and every one of us in our different capacities and endeavors.

Just recently the government rolled out a new pricing template of #145 per liter of fuel in the country and we were made to understand that once we accepted this all our petroleum products issues would become a thing of the past so why are some people/vendors still engaging in such unscrupulous activities and the government turning a blind eye to their activities?

I feel very sad for this our country, Nigeria.

The first two pictures are of the nearly empty fuel tank and fuel pump details at Enugu while the last two pictures are of the very empty fuel tank and fuel pump details at Berger, Ogun/Lagos.

So sorry for the late uploading of the pictures. Network went kaput on me.

Culled from www.naijacarlovers.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Filling Stations In Nigeria Cheat And Dupe Fuel Buyers.. With Pictures by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 30, 2016
Waiting for the pics.

But the truth is that the pics u took are unreliable.
U can't depend on photo of a fuel guage when we are not sure of the slop of the car while taking the pics.
If ur car is at a slant slop, the fuel guage will mislead u.

Its a common pratise here in Nigeria for petrol stations to adjust their metre. especially in the South South.
Re: See How Filling Stations In Nigeria Cheat And Dupe Fuel Buyers.. With Pictures by ironheart(m): 8:56pm On May 30, 2016
We can only grow if we kill corruption in our mind.
Re: See How Filling Stations In Nigeria Cheat And Dupe Fuel Buyers.. With Pictures by naijacarlovers: 11:03pm On May 30, 2016
I don't know what is happening. My phone can't upload the pictures and my laptop is telling me that I am a guest yet can't sort out my issues. But once I can, I will upload the pictures.

For the person telling me that my pictures can't be authentic, I tell u that they are because the car has good readings and the car was on level grounds.

Mind you the car is just less than 40,000 km from brand new. It was actually bought brand new and always well serviced.
Re: See How Filling Stations In Nigeria Cheat And Dupe Fuel Buyers.. With Pictures by histemple: 11:11pm On May 30, 2016
Those guys are rogues

1 Like

Re: See How Filling Stations In Nigeria Cheat And Dupe Fuel Buyers.. With Pictures by chriskosherbal(m): 3:49am On May 31, 2016
I see
Re: See How Filling Stations In Nigeria Cheat And Dupe Fuel Buyers.. With Pictures by Chineduogbojo95: 8:55pm On Dec 12, 2018
How to prevent being cheated by fuel sellers and for knowing the best filling station in your town to buy fuel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPxftPjSl94

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

The Hoax About A Rape In Unizik Gone Wrong / Photos: FG Gives FRSC Officials Authority To Carry Arms While On Duty / 29-year-old Nigerian Man Allegedly Stabbed To Death By His 21-year-old Fiancée

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.