Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? (47977 Views)

Dino Melaye Awarded 'The Best Senator In Kogi State Since 1999' (Photos) / 101500 Nigerians Murdered Since 1999 / HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 12, 2017
Labaran maku.... Hope he's still amongst us
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Buharimustgo: 8:50pm On Mar 12, 2017
Chukwuemeka Chikelu is the best,he never lied or insulted anybody

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Ogbatuluenyi: 8:51pm On Mar 12, 2017
[quote author=ayemerbarth post=46127158]The post should ve been titled ' who is the worst minister for info since 1999'? Knowing the destination OP is headed. and dat will make d answer easier, because we all knw d lier mohammed
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 12, 2017
pharmagba:
Lai Mohammed. No 1
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by ebuclassic18(m): 8:51pm On Mar 12, 2017
Frank Nweke-Junior one of the best in his time never a noise maker like wat we have now

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by nkemjacob2(m): 8:51pm On Mar 12, 2017
i tout pple will choose lie mohammed
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 12, 2017
Labaran Maku
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Liadi2(m): 8:53pm On Mar 12, 2017
I give it to Frank nweke jnr most of Obasanjo minister were active and extra ordinary vibrant.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by chinex276(m): 8:53pm On Mar 12, 2017
the afonja lie Mohammed tops the list... to be an information minister In naija u must be a pathological liar and d afonja is doing DAT
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by mlanreh: 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2017
As for me i will go with Dora
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by ebuclassic18(m): 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2017
ajebuter:
Frank Nweke jnr:

Very urbane, suave, sharp dresser and great orator.

He kept me glued to the screen whenever he was mouth-piecing for government then.

so on point simple nd never a noise maker like wat we have now
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by esosuo2: 8:55pm On Mar 12, 2017
hedonistic:
I'm sure everyone agrees that the worst ever is Lai Mohammed, using any indices:

- Believability (zero)
- Charisma/likeability (zero)
- Persuasiveness/Slickness (zero)

It has gotten to a point where Lai Mohammed's discredited face is a source of disgust and cynicism for almost all observers whenever he appears in the media. No one wants to hear whatever drivel he has to say because it is expected that he will lie or insult sensibilities with his characteristically arrogant and distasteful demeanour. The man is now clearly a waste of public space and a colossal liability to Buhari's government.

I'll nominate the genteel, persuasive, and highly dignified Chukwuemeka Chikelu as the best minister of information so far since 1999. He had a way of passing his message across elegantly and defending the government of the day (Obasanjo's) persuasively without offending sensibilities and arrogantly talking down on the public. Too bad Obasanjo had to later replace him with the brash and combative Frank Nweke-Junior because he felt that Chikelu was not 'harsh' enough.

Other candidates include:

Frank Nweke-Junior
Dora Akunyili
Labaran Maku
Prof Jerry Ghana

What do you think?
Chukwuemeka chukwelu. Dat nigga did is jab like a pro without political affiliation

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by soath(m): 8:56pm On Mar 12, 2017
I only know of Dora till date. So I pick Dora.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by ebuclassic18(m): 8:56pm On Mar 12, 2017
theSpark:
I like Frank Nweke Jr. He's a cool guy I wonder why he's not doing politics anymore.

thats how it should be give space for others
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by hollywater: 8:56pm On Mar 12, 2017
Prof , Jerry Gana
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by KAYD007(m): 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2017
If you have read
George orwell's Animal Farm, you will know that Squealer as Lai Mohammed....is a prolofic information minister... and very good at his job grin

Information ministers are not appointed to be liked by nairaland e warriors tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2017
I don't know who the best is, but i definitely know who the most useless is...wanna guess? Nah not what you think....FRANK NWEKE Jr is the most useless, google and find out?
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by AustineE1: 8:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
Frank Nweke f*cking Axe Man.....he was just full of 'sound and fury'!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Omoluabi16(m): 8:59pm On Mar 12, 2017
I go with Frank Nweke Jnr. Youthful, suave and articulate.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by dundayo: 9:03pm On Mar 12, 2017
hedonistic:
I'm sure everyone agrees that the worst ever is Lai Mohammed, using any indices:

- Believability (zero)
- Charisma/likeability (zero)
- Persuasiveness/Slickness (zero)

It has gotten to a point where Lai Mohammed's discredited face is a source of disgust and cynicism for almost all observers whenever he appears in the media. No one wants to hear whatever drivel he has to say because it is expected that he will lie or insult sensibilities with his characteristically arrogant and distasteful demeanour. The man is now clearly a waste of public space and a colossal liability to Buhari's government.

I'll nominate the genteel, persuasive, and highly dignified Chukwuemeka Chikelu as the best minister of information so far since 1999. He had a way of passing his message across elegantly and defending the government of the day (Obasanjo's) persuasively without offending sensibilities and arrogantly talking down on the public. Too bad Obasanjo had to later replace him with the brash and combative Frank Nweke-Junior because he felt that Chikelu was not 'harsh' enough.

Other candidates include:

Frank Nweke-Junior
Dora Akunyili
Labaran Maku
Prof Jerry Ghana

What do you think?

Frank Nweke-Junior.....
I respect that man's command of English and charisma ....Only God knows where OBJ got the man from...

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Mortiple(m): 9:03pm On Mar 12, 2017
... And the winner...
Mr Frank
Nweke
Juniiooorrrrrr!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by dunkem21(m): 9:05pm On Mar 12, 2017
Frank Nweke Jnr for me ..

Dora tried so much to restore "Nigeria" from the slogan "Naija"..

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by castrokins(m): 9:05pm On Mar 12, 2017
My Vote Goes To Frank Nweke Jnr.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by castrokins(m): 9:05pm On Mar 12, 2017
My Vote Goes To Frank Nweke Jnr.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by cashlurd(m): 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2017
at the bottom should be Lie Muhammed

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by hexy40: 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2017
uwa1:
Pa Lai is not just d worst minister of information, but also the worst minister i have ever seen/listen to.
hahaha.... I think he is doing fine Considering the fact that he is covering for APC that it requires him to lie a lot to cover there plenty mess ups

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Lush100(m): 9:07pm On Mar 12, 2017
I'll go for Frank nweke junior.

but the guy who mentioned Disney junior at the sound of lai moh'd though* is good too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Lush100(m): 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2017
for worst minister of all time is lai moh'd and current minister if sport dalung, (they sharing the rating).

best minister of all time.Dora

second: Soludo
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by joe4real12: 9:13pm On Mar 12, 2017
pharmagba:
Lai Mohammed. No 1
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Can't stop laughing...
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by delli(m): 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2017
Give it to Frank Nwekw Jr nd Labara Maku

If anybody try nd vote a lie here ehh
In fact who include him here

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:19pm On Mar 12, 2017
1.Prof Jerry Gana
2.Frank Nweke Jr..
The OBJ administration appointed mostly technocrats to key positions in the ministry befitting each.. Finance, Information, FCT, etc..and Nigeria was better for it..unlikely now where we have square pegs in round holes,how do the country moved forward?? mind you,it takes PMB six (6)months to gather these the team of ministers whereby OBJ never wasted time to appoint his team..that is governance for u

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode In School Uniform To His Alma-Mater, FGC Warri (Photos) / Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me / Abba Moro's Sitting Position At Ortom's Inauguration That Got People Talking (pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.