Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? (47982 Views)

Dino Melaye Awarded 'The Best Senator In Kogi State Since 1999' (Photos) / 101500 Nigerians Murdered Since 1999 / HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by unofficial(m): 9:19pm On Mar 12, 2017
Frank Nweke Jnr
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Stanbeto: 9:20pm On Mar 12, 2017
Frank Nweke jnr
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by sekem: 9:20pm On Mar 12, 2017
eyeview:
Its got to be between Chukwuemeka Chikelu and Frank Nweke Junior. Though am tilted to the former than the latter

As for Lai Mohammed,I can only explain him thus: I was watching channels yestreday and they announced that in a few minutes time,they'll be having Lai Mohammed(and Adeosun) in the studio for an interview. I just went to my dstv remote control,scrolled to Disney Junior(my kids favourite channel) and set a reminder for a cartoon program for 6pm. Immediately,it was 6pm,the channel switched to Disney junior and my kids were happy,I just walked into my room to watch sports on startimes. I can't afford to have my intelligence insulted by the brazen lies of an old man who has smeared his conscience with hot iron

Sorry to say it, that was very childish of you.

You don't want to hear the ministers but tomorrow you will confidently and proudly come out to tell those who wish to listen to you that lai is lying
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Krisddon: 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2017
eyeview:
Its got to be between Chukwuemeka Chikelu and Frank Nweke Junior. Though am tilted to the former than the latter

As for Lai Mohammed,I can only explain him thus: I was watching channels yestreday and they announced that in a few minutes time,they'll be having Lai Mohammed(and Adeosun) in the studio for an interview. I just went to my dstv remote control,scrolled to Disney Junior(my kids favourite channel) and set a reminder for a cartoon program for 6pm. Immediately,it was 6pm,the channel switched to Disney junior and my kids were happy,I just walked into my room to watch sports on startimes. I can't afford to have my intelligence insulted by the brazen lies of an old man who has smeared his conscience with hot iron
Chai!
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Adimine(m): 9:23pm On Mar 12, 2017
Mr frank nweke
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Afam4eva(m): 9:26pm On Mar 12, 2017
Why's nobody mentioning Femi Fani Kayode? grin He was probably the rudest minister of information ever. Frank Nweke was confrontational too but in a more intelligent manner. I think i'll go with the Chikelu guy but i don't think he was made for this our brand of politics.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by OluDare01(m): 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2017
No, he is better than the red beret man grin grin grin
uwa1:
Pa Lai is not just d worst minister of information, but also the worst minister i have ever seen/listen to.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by sanandreas(m): 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2017
Non like Frank nweke junior kiss

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by modik(m): 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2017
sanandreas:
Non like Frank nweke junior kiss

Seconded

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Misterdhee1(m): 9:31pm On Mar 12, 2017
I so much love Chukwuemeka Chikelu. His charisma and elegance was infectious
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by bejite: 9:39pm On Mar 12, 2017
emmanuelpopson:
1.Prof Jerry Gana
2.Frank Nweke Jr..
The OBJ administration appointed mostly technocrats to key positions in the ministry befitting each.. Finance, Information, FCT, etc..and Nigeria was better for it..unlikely now where we have square pegs in round holes,how do the country moved forward?? mind you,it takes PMB six (6)months to gather these the team of ministers whereby OBJ never wasted time to appoint his team..that is governance for u
English (18AD-2017).
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Davindal(m): 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2017
Although, I was barely 14 @ the end of Obasanjo's 2nd term. I swear, that man Dr Frank Nweke Jnr is the bomb. As little as I was, I became his fan. He has good diction and great dress sense. Nweke Junior is my choice, any day any time. He was so handsome and brilliant.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by EngrKem: 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2017
pharmagba:
Lai Mohammed. No 1
We are talking about the best and Not the worst
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Emmyviva: 9:48pm On Mar 12, 2017
Frank nweke jnr .... Lai mohammed is d worst
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Cutehector(m): 9:49pm On Mar 12, 2017
Frank Nweke Jnr...

My role model...
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by hope4life: 9:53pm On Mar 12, 2017
ajebuter:
Frank Nweke jnr:

Very urbane, suave, sharp dresser and great orator.

He kept me glued to the screen whenever he was mouth-piecing for government then.

Frank Nweke Jr influenced my oratory skills. You would love to be a public speaker while listening to him

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:53pm On Mar 12, 2017
bejite:

English (18AD-2017).

Mr lecturer.. why not write a simple sentence to make the corrections instead of this two words you spill out of your buccal cavity..
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by mustybaba55(m): 9:55pm On Mar 12, 2017
FRANK Nweke-Junior. Is the man of the year for now only in the future we can not

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by djbobby007: 9:56pm On Mar 12, 2017
frank nweke is d best I miss him

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Ope101(m): 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2017
Frank Nweke Jnr I believe...

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Solidkay(m): 9:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
ichommy:

Same here Brother, I love his Charismatic.
is seconded or maybe thirded.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by ozueozue(m): 10:00pm On Mar 12, 2017
Dora akunyili straight Up
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Realist2: 10:00pm On Mar 12, 2017
I give it to Mr Labaran Maku, the vocal man.
As for the worst is Lar muhammad; the man can lie beyond Africa. I don,t read or listen to anything coming out from him.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by mustybaba55(m): 10:01pm On Mar 12, 2017
WHAT ABOUT GADDAFI
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by didymario7(m): 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2017
uwa1:
Pa Lai is not just d worst minister of information, but also the worst minister i have ever seen/listen to.

Didn't u witness d reign of the minister of Justice under Yaradua (Michael Aondoakaa)? He is d guy who said Yaradua can rule Nigeria from anywhere in the world, even from the moon. He was an international embarrassment to d country.

No other minister, past or present, comes close.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Standardcosting(m): 10:06pm On Mar 12, 2017
hedonistic:
I'm sure everyone agrees that the worst ever is Lai Mohammed, using any indices:

- Believability (zero)
- Charisma/likeability (zero)
- Persuasiveness/Slickness (zero)

It has gotten to a point where Lai Mohammed's discredited face is a source of disgust and cynicism for almost all observers whenever he appears in the media. No one wants to hear whatever drivel he has to say because it is expected that he will lie or insult sensibilities with his characteristically arrogant and distasteful demeanour. The man is now clearly a waste of public space and a colossal liability to Buhari's government.

I'll nominate the genteel, persuasive, and highly dignified Chukwuemeka Chikelu as the best minister of information so far since 1999. He had a way of passing his message across elegantly and defending the government of the day (Obasanjo's) persuasively without offending sensibilities and arrogantly talking down on the public. Too bad Obasanjo had to later replace him with the brash and combative Frank Nweke-Junior because he felt that Chikelu was not 'harsh' enough.

Other candidates include:

Frank Nweke-Junior
Dora Akunyili
Labaran Maku
Prof Jerry Ghana

What do you think?

Because they want to do shake up now, the next thing is to think of ways to tarnish the image of Lai Muhammed so he can be fired. Remember you/your child would also be in a position someday and someone somewhere would do same to you.
In my opinion he's really trying and there's nothing he can do considering the terrible economic situation.
If there's economic prosperity, I am sure information ministry would be perfect due to positive reports.
Is it Lai Muhammad's fault that the country plunged into recession?
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by pavy(m): 10:18pm On Mar 12, 2017
Nigeria's best info minister ever is Frank Nweke Jr, followed closely by Labaran Maku.

Frank actually got me watching old boring NTA news at 9pm back then. The man has got class.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Haywhyluv: 10:21pm On Mar 12, 2017
Lier Mohammed
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by vickylincon(m): 10:22pm On Mar 12, 2017
NextGovernor:

OP said from 1999 till date and you talking about before 1999. You people won't comprehend before rushing to post.
lols. nairalanders o. you funny I swear
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by vickylincon(m): 10:24pm On Mar 12, 2017
eyeview:

bros,I like your kind kinda life o. I need job bro
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by able20(m): 10:25pm On Mar 12, 2017
pharmagba:
Lai Mohammed. No 1
For lying OK!
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by menkas(m): 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2017
Honestly old Lai MD is the worst MF in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Umahi: Anybody That Closes His Shop On Monday Should Forfeit The Shop / What's The Difference Between The Senate And House Of Representative? / Ambode In School Uniform To His Alma-Mater, FGC Warri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.