Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari (10213 Views)

Nigerian Stock Market Investors Gain N175b / How To Spot Growth And Value Stocks In The Nigerian Stock Market / Stock Market Shareholders Lose N1.15trn In Q1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by princejayboss: 9:50am On May 31, 2016
sukkot:
your ignorance is the arch enemy of nigeria :-

No you are totally the one in state of confusion and bet me you cant make a good father cos you will be your own enemy
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by sukkot: 9:50am On May 31, 2016
princejayboss:

Am not good in abusing people.... But you are a big fool.... Have you been to venezuela .... What extactly do you know about there ..... If you kow how they end up in state they are you would ask PMB to leave office because thats exactly the same path that he is taking.... Chinga tu madre... Puta
shocked in fact make i no abuse you because i just comot for ban. what do i know about venezuela ? i know it has crumbled due to low oyel prices and this is a country with only 30 million people. now imagine buhari carring a population of 200 million people on low oyel prices and he and adeosun have managed to keep the country from sinking ? what those 2 are doing is nothing short of genius maneuvers. those two deserve the highest accolades the country has to confer
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by ololo12: 9:51am On May 31, 2016
Callate pinche jura

princejayboss:

Am not good in abusing people.... But you are a big fool.... Have you been to venezuela .... What extactly do you know about there ..... If you kow how they end up in state they are you would ask PMB to leave office because thats exactly the same path that he is taking.... Chinga tu madre... Puta
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by sukkot: 9:52am On May 31, 2016
princejayboss:

No you are totally the one in state of confusion and bet me you cant make a good father cos you will be your own enemy
what has this got to do with the topic at hand though ?
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by sukkot: 9:53am On May 31, 2016
princejayboss:

Keep watching youtube.... But you dont know what exactly happened there
i do. i am very current with world news. geopolitical and geo-economic matters is my forte, even if i do say so myself. i am what some may call a connoisseur of world news sad
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by bejeria101(m): 9:55am On May 31, 2016
Body odour at work.
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by princejayboss: 9:59am On May 31, 2016
sukkot:
i do. i am very current with world news. geopolitical and geo-economic matters is my forte, even if i do say so myself. i am what some may call a connoisseur of world news sad

Oga I just returned from Venezuela last two weeks... I have a property there and I have my home in Mexico.... So I can tell you firsthand that if Nigeria keep looking PMB without action.... Venezuela maybe our portion because the path we are taking is same as what they took which lead them to what is happening there
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by sukkot: 10:01am On May 31, 2016
princejayboss:

Oga I just returned from Venezuela last two weeks... I have a property there and I have my home in Mexico
.... So I can tell you firsthand that if Nigeria keep looking PMB without action.... Venezuela maybe our portion because the path we are taking is same as what they took which lead them to what is happening there

Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by princejayboss: 10:02am On May 31, 2016
ololo12:
Callate pinche jura

usted está loco, no alimente a las personas con información falsa
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by ShaqFu: 10:03am On May 31, 2016
amtaken:
Don't we have soldiers in this country anymore?

Ok, let's assume the soldiers are all on leave, what about the National Assembly?

Must we watch this one wizard crumble our nation?

How come the stock exchange didn't go down under IBB, OBJ, Y'aradua, GEJ despite all the corruption allegations meted on them by Buhari and his cohorts?

He used his filthy mouth to chase away all our potential investors and many multinational companies left the country.

Who actually is this Buhari? A wizard sent from the pit of hell to torment Nigeria/Nigerians?

God please answer our prayers. Solve this problem for us once and for all.

I pray they develop a pill to cure this chronic bitterness of yours!.

Like it or not, President Buhari is here to stay 2019. tongue
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by princejayboss: 10:04am On May 31, 2016
sukkot:

It hurts right cos you are a local champion that only depend on YouTube for information
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by sukkot: 10:05am On May 31, 2016
princejayboss:

It hurts right cos you are a local champion that only depend on YouTube for information

Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by princejayboss: 10:06am On May 31, 2016
sukkot:
shocked in fact make i no abuse you because i just comot for ban. what do i know about venezuela ? i know it has crumbled due to low oyel prices and this is a country with only 30 million people. now imagine buhari carring a population of 200 million people on low oyel prices and he and adeosun have managed to keep the country from sinking ? what those 2 are doing is nothing short of genius maneuvers. those two deserve the highest accolades the country has to confer

Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by amazingspiderma: 10:07am On May 31, 2016
sukkot:
WORLD OYEL PRICE HAF REDUCE. THE WORLDS ECONOMIES IS CRASHING NOT JUST NIGERIA. IN FACT VENEZUELA THE OYEL PRODUCING COUNTRY HAS GONE BANKRUPT AND PEOPLE ARE HUNGRY AND RIOTING ON THE STREETS AS WE SPEAK. THE FACT THAT NIGERIA HAS NOT COLLAPSED YET SHOWS YOU ADEOSUN AND BUHARI ARE DOING A TREMENDOUS JOB OF KEEPING THE SHIP AFLOAT

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by amazingspiderma: 10:07am On May 31, 2016
sukkot:
WORLD OYEL PRICE HAF REDUCE. THE WORLDS ECONOMIES IS CRASHING NOT JUST NIGERIA. IN FACT VENEZUELA THE OYEL PRODUCING COUNTRY HAS GONE BANKRUPT AND PEOPLE ARE HUNGRY AND RIOTING ON THE STREETS AS WE SPEAK. THE FACT THAT NIGERIA HAS NOT COLLAPSED YET SHOWS YOU ADEOSUN AND BUHARI ARE DOING A TREMENDOUS JOB OF KEEPING THE SHIP AFLOAT

Of all the countries in the world you want to compare Nigeria's democracy with Venezuela's dictatorship. Venezuela is a country where nothing has ever gone right right from the days of Hugo Chavez,a tyrant. He has never implement any policy apart from nationalizing foriegn companies when they do not have the capacities to run them succeafully.Infact Venezuela is not like Zimbabwe simply bevause of oil,it was the drop in the price of oil that has reflected how messed there economy was.
As for Brazil, it's problem is more complex than just oil.The government took on hosting the world cup and Olympics two massive capital intensive projects for specific cities when it has not yet settled basic issues like housing,education , shelter healthcare. This is why the economy is loopside.In fact the Brazilian economic crisis has been looming even before they hosted the world cup. Analyst even refer to it as the most expensive Olympic games ever,this was because it had deficit of standard infrastructure apart from the development of needed sport facilities.
In the case of Russian, it is facing sanctions for more than 2years from world trade organisation over the problems in Crimea.
The problem of Nigeria is simply leadership, our case study is different from the nations you referred to.
A sitting President who at one point said the country could be run without ministers. A man who once denied subsidies in the petroleum industry, and now is planning on removing fertilizer subsidies which even developed economies do no dare. A leader who has taught loyal subjects to look backwards and blame the previous administration and cannot deliver on current problems. If any body must chase looted funds, he must has a convincing policy on how the funds will be utilized to avoid relooting. right now this government does not have such direction. It's like a bus going towards cele bus stop. No one knows if it is going to Apapa, the island or making a u-turn at the fly over.
All I know is that no propaganda government has been sustainable in world history. The truth will always catch up.
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by sukkot: 10:10am On May 31, 2016
amazingspiderma:

Of all the countries in the world you want to compare Nigeria's democracy with Venezuela's dictatorship. Venezuela is a country where nothing has ever gone right right from the days of Hugo Chavez,a tyrant. He has never implement any policy apart from nationalizing foriegn companies when they do not have the capacities to run them succeafully.Infact Venezuela is not like Zimbabwe simply bevause of oil,it was the drop in the price of oil that has reflected how messed there economy was.
As for Brazil, it's problem is more complex than just oil.The government took on hosting the world cup and Olympics two massive capital intensive projects for specific cities when it has not yet settled basic issues like housing,education , shelter healthcare. This is why the economy is loopside.In fact the Brazilian economic crisis has been looming even before they hosted the world cup. Analyst even refer to it as the most expensive Olympic games ever,this was because it had deficit of standard infrastructure apart from the development of needed sport facilities.
In the case of Russian, it is facing sanctions for more than 2years from world trade organisation over the problems in Crimea.
The problem of Nigeria is simply leadership, our case study is different from the nations you referred to.
A sitting President who at one point said the country could be run without ministers. A man who once denied subsidies in the petroleum industry, and now is planning on removing fertilizer subsidies which even developed economies do no dare. A leader who has taught loyal subjects to look backwards and blame the previous administration and cannot deliver on current problems. If any body must chase looted funds, he must has a convincing policy on how the funds will be utilized to avoid relooting. right now this government does not have such direction. It's like a bus going towards cele bus stop. No one knows if it is going to Apapa, the island or making a u-turn at the fly over.
All I know is that no propaganda government has been sustainable in world history. The truth will always catch up.

Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by gare(f): 10:11am On May 31, 2016
Blackberrybabes:
The Nigerian stock market crashed by N1.732tn within one year of the Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government.

The Nigerian Stock Exchange data showed that the NSE market capitalisation on May 28, 2015 was N11.658tn, while that of May 27, 2016 was N9.926tn.

Market capitalisation is the total market value of the shares outstanding of a publicly traded company.

The NSE All-Share Index also crashed to 28,902.25 basis points from 34,310.37 basis points.

Investors in the country’s capital market (equity category) lost over N1.053tn in the first quarter of 2016.

During the first three months this year, the equities market depreciated by 10.79 per cent.

As of the first day of trading this year (January 4), the NSE market capitalisation stood at N9.757tn, while the All-Share Index was 28,370.32 basis points.

But as of the last day of trading in 2016 Q1 (March 31), the market capitalisation and All-Share Index crashed to N8.704tn and 25,306.22 basis points, respectively.

Equity investors in the country’s capital market had, in the first seven trading days on the floor of the NSE in 2016, lost N804tn of their investment’s worth. Market capitalisation after the close of trading on the floor of the Exchange on the first seven days closed at N8.953tn.

The All-Share Index also dropped from 28,370.32 basis points recoded on the first day of trading in 2016 to 26,034.94 on the seventh trading day of this year.

The downward trend in the Nigerian stock market, weeks into 2016, did not show any sign of abating as the market capitalisation continued to fall, with 10 out of the 12 indices of the NSE recording negative stance 10 weeks into 2016.

The market capitalisation of the NSE fell by N811bn in the first 10 weeks of trading this year.

The NSE market capitalisation dropped from N9.75tn on January 4, 2016 to N8.939tn 10 weeks into the year, while the All-Share Index also closed at 25,988.40 basis points from the 28,643.67 basis points recorded on the first trading day of the year.

Investors had also made huge losses in the Nigerian equities market last year as the market capitalisation (equities only) of the NSE shed a total of N2.354tn between December 2014 and December 2015.

The President, Nigerian Stock Exchange, Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, last week, said the country’s capital market could not continue to lag behind in the global arena, adding that it needed to strategise for growth to better the economy.

He said the capital market must facilitate capital raising for economic growth as well as mobilise savings for investment.

Aig-Imoukhuede said part of the strategies was a broad consensus on sectorial priorities for growth, which should feed into policy formation.

He advocated for incentives for priority economic sectors like Information and Communications Technology, while pushing for non-listed national champions to be listed on the NSE for others to follow.

He said, “Nigeria is facing a huge growth challenge. Nigeria, indeed, has a big challenge in terms of growth. Employment rate must grow owing to the fact that the population is also growing very fast. Growth is difficult to realise; so, government must stimulate growth.

“Nigeria is only exaggerating the impacts of falling oil prices now. This is because with a robust financial market the economy can be sustained. The financial market must be encouraged.”

He described the Nigerian financial market as a ‘high-risked’ market, saying the situation was capable of attracting limited investors who could ultimately stop at nothing to maximise returns.

An analyst at WSTC Financial Services Limited, Mr. Tola Oni, said in the last one year, the efficiency of the country’s economy had been constrained by policies – monetary and fiscal.

He noted that the country had not been able to chart the right path in the past one year, saying some actions by the Federal Government in recent times had shown a rethink especially in the partial deregulation of the petroleum downstream sub-sector and the flexible foreign exchange market.

“Our concern is that this flexibility must mean flexibility in the whole sense of it. We’ve seen the capital market make progress recently owing to these. Any attempt by the government to interfere again could drag us back significantly,” he added.

The President, Constance Shareholders Association of Nigeria, Mr. Shehu Mikail, said the happenings in the stock market in the past one year were a reflection of the country’s economic stance, which is very hostile policy-wise

He said the country had been plagued with serious economic and financial challenges, which had resulted in activities being slowed down especially in the financial sphere, which included the NSE.

Mikail added, “The prices can be better if things turn around economically. The 2016 budget had been passed and the implication of the passage would start filtering into the economy in due course. With the recent forex flexibility, we expect the game to change.

To this end, the NSE Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Oscar Onyema, while commenting on the state of the market, had said, “Among emerging markets, recession has materialised in Brazil and Russia, and the trend is likely to continue amid weakening oil and other commodity prices. The Nigerian stock market had already lost $30bn since July 2014.

“In the sub-Saharan Africa, while the recent performance of Nigeria and South Africa, has been lackluster, the overall region has weathered the commodity slump better than Latin America and elsewhere, with growth slated at 4.3 per cent in 2016, up from 3.8 per cent in 2015.”

http://www.punchng.com/stock-market-lost-n1-732tn-one-year-buhari/

I believe this is also the fault of the previous Govt and Jonathan, when you leave the log in your eyes and go after the peck in another person eyes, this is what you get.

How do you Intend to create jobs when companies are all running at a loss, govt make policies and this policies are meant for the private sector, which will help them grow and create jobs in return, but the policies of this govt had led to companies closing down or sacking some of its work force.

This Govt should review it's policies if it has any or create and environment for conducive business
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by sukkot: 10:14am On May 31, 2016
princejayboss:

bros this the internet age. i can google and come up with spanish language too na undecided

Infórmate sobre los compromisos históricos del presidente con la comunidad latina y encuentra respuestas a tus preguntas. grin
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by sukkot: 10:27am On May 31, 2016
princejayboss:

bros just go google spanish language come dey form for here. walahi talahi you get PHD for lie lie.
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by sukkot: 10:30am On May 31, 2016
amazingspiderma:

let me remind you our problem is jonathan and diezani. they both looted the treasury and left nothing for buhari to run the country with. 1 year is not enough time to recoup the treasury especially in low oyel price era
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by ozoemenaca: 10:31am On May 31, 2016
I have never seen unrepentant Zombies like those on Naira Land who would see red and call it white. They keeps giving themselves hope even when they know that their leader Buhari has got nothing to offer the nation. I really pity them
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by buJu234: 10:35am On May 31, 2016
u see life is not by gra gra...

its about right application of the right knowledge.

according to "a Nigeria analyst at Bath, U.K.-based consultant Verisk Maplecroft"..

Nigeria economy crash within a year cos of Lack of sound macroeconomic policies

read below for more:-
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-30/lost-year-in-nigeria-under-buhari-leaves-economy-on-its-knees
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by Ademusiwa1: 10:48am On May 31, 2016
[size=28pt]The fall in the dollar to the naira is responsible for this[/size]
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by amazingspiderma: 10:51am On May 31, 2016
sukkot:
let me remind you our problem is jonathan and diezani. they both looted the treasury and left nothing for buhari to run the country with. 1 year is not enough time to recoup the treasury especially in low oyel price era
information is fact or rumor. I will give you attention if you provide me with the former.
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by proprince(m): 11:18am On May 31, 2016
buhari that failed in 1984, Nigerians still gave him the chance to rule them

who is to blame now undecided

They came and spoilt GEJ just to take over power.

God will punish them all
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by sukkot: 11:32am On May 31, 2016
amazingspiderma:

information is fact or rumor. I will give you attention if you provide me with the former.
all the information being brought out by his alliances dasuki etc is not information enough for you ? shocked
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by judondasylva(m): 12:09pm On May 31, 2016
what are Nigerians still waiting for? this man should be impeached.
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by 4nobody4every1: 12:11pm On May 31, 2016
sukkot:
Big brethren has spoken grin grin
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by sukkot: 12:48pm On May 31, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Big brethren has spoken grin grin
Indeed my Kind Sir Indeed. trust all is coo at ya end bruv grin

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by amtaken(f): 1:01pm On May 31, 2016
This is not cartoon network. Run along kid.

ShaqFu:
I pray they develop a pill to cure this chronic bitterness of yours!.

Like it or not, President Buhari is here to stay 2019. tongue
Re: Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari by tammie24: 3:08pm On May 31, 2016
OK!

He hopes to recover how much from his corruption fight

At the expense of loosing how much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Made Over N1 Million From Dogecoin Last Week -it Was Crazy / Learn Winning Tips In 49ja. / How/where To Invest N150,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.