Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers (10831 Views)

UNN Students Place Juju In Front Of Lecturers Office / 6 Types Of Lecturers You Find In Nigerian Universities / The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by 0ubenji(m): 7:34am On May 31, 2016
CzarRex:
seems like this APC govt is up to no good,and has nothing to offer for this country.

after when world universities ranking are released and they see Ghanian and Kenyan universities making it, Zombies will open their mouth and say it's a lie,or the list ain't real or credible.when u can't take care of yours,how do u expect to make it.
U do make me laff mehn...wah actually makes u fink the Nigerian polity value education so much as to care bou webometric rankings..
These ppl r only concerned wit anytin dat has direct impact on their dollar-denominated bank balances...
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by 2sydoflyf(m): 7:35am On May 31, 2016
Foxycarol:
Lord save us from APC but I just noticed that the VC of Kogi State University is an Ebira, The Rector of Kogi State Polytechnic is an Ebira and also the Governor of Kogi State is also Ebira. Ebi like say na Ebira get Kogi now o, anyways God please take charge.
Attention seeker get some sense and stop misinforming people.
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by monah63(f): 7:38am On May 31, 2016
pinkrex:

You see that you have myopically tribalized it? Isn't the strike affecting both Igala and Ebira students, including the lecturers?

Lets learn to think without tribalism.

Can you explain why the lecturers are yet to be paid?
Help me ask o, I don't know what tribalism has got to do with this. the last time I checked we also av ebira students n lecturers in that school
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by wisesoul(m): 8:01am On May 31, 2016
Don't politicise KSU strike, you and I know that no tangible thing has happened in Kogi State after the tenure of Prince Abubakar Audu. imagine a state with a secondary school in a Commentary with Roughly 50 staff but can only be found on paper but not on ground. So dead bodies too attend schools? I am in support of the clean up exercise in all sectors before the salary back log are paid. O.P, if I may asked, has there been any developments in KSU after Prince Audu tenure? KSU was created the same year with AAUA but in term of standard, KSU has dropped drastically from it's best position to know where? let the clean up continue until then, no salary for anybody. My parents are affected so I am also affected, so let Yahaya Bello Clean up the State from the mess of Captain Wada & Ibrahim Idris.
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by elpatch(m): 8:19am On May 31, 2016
tongue
Sheggy13:

Please brother I need some answers. Are you saying the Lautech teaching hospital Oshogbo has been strike since and haven't resumed at any time for the past eight months?Heard from someone they resumed around late April to early May. Also, please have the doctors there been working and attending to patients all this while, or they've been on full strike since for the past eight months too? I'll be very glad if you can provide me this information. Thanks.
......The Resident Doctors have been on strike since last year September, the consultants later joined around November thereabout.just last week the consultants called of their strike but the Resident Doctors are still on strike till now with no salaries ever since and no hope in sight....
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by Osisie(m): 8:20am On May 31, 2016
2015 first semester, we went on about 8 weeks strike.

2nd semester they said they were renovating.....(At least we all saw that was a scam, nothing special that was done that couldn't have been done while school was on session). They had us stay away for another 8 weeks.....I added 4 weeks personally though, man must hussle.

We ended up using a whole year for just one session, just one single freaking session.

This is 2016, the new VC, as rumour has it, said we were to run 3 semesters in a year.
We all got excited about that. But then, just as we were to commence our first semester exams, they struck again.

2015 is about to repeat itself this year.

My question is......what do they do with all that school fees we pay? That fund is more than enough to pay all the lecturers over and over and over and over again.

We just wanna learn.
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by pinkrex(m): 8:21am On May 31, 2016
wisesoul:
Don't politicise KSU strike, you and I know that no tangible thing has happened in Kogi State after the tenure of Prince Abubakar Audu. imagine a state with a secondary school in a Commentary with Roughly 50 staff but can only be found on paper but not on ground. So dead bodies too attend schools? I am in support of the clean up exercise in all sectors before the salary back log are paid. O.P, if I may asked, has there been any developments in KSU after Prince Audu tenure? KSU was created the same year with AAUA but in term of standard, KSU has dropped drastically from it's best position to know where? let the clean up continue until then, no salary for anybody. My parents are affected so I am also affected, so let Yahaya Bello Clean up the State from the mess of Captain Wada & Ibrahim Idris.

You've clearly missed the point. Are the lecturers still being screened? No! Why haven't they been paid?

Why can't be priotise payment of the lecturers' backlog and ever other person who haa scaled through screening?

Nobody is asking him to stop the civil service clean up, but you can't throw the baby and the bath water. Are you in support of the lecturers leaving in droves?

If he wants to complete the screening first.. has he communicated that? What is the timeline?

Think again. I cant antagonise that man, I like him but we need to help him succeed.
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by Clemzy16(m): 8:21am On May 31, 2016
I don taya for hauz oo.. Is it a crime to school in KSU fa? No session gone without strike..
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by mhizsimi(f): 8:22am On May 31, 2016
wisesoul:
I doubt if you affected, and what exactly is he cleaning? Are they not through with the screening exercise, then he should pay workers their salary.
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by Sheggy13(m): 8:24am On May 31, 2016
elpatch:
tongue......The Resident Doctors have been on strike since last year September, the consultants later joined around November thereabout.just last week the consultants called of their strike but the Resident Doctors are still on strike till now with no salaries ever since and no hope in sight....
Thanks so much for this information bro. You don't know how helpful it is. Someone is trying to scam me into giving money for the person's treatment in this hospital, saying they've given the bill already there and has received the first part of the treatment around the first week of May there.
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by aiish: 8:34am On May 31, 2016
Foxycarol:
Lord save us from APC but I just noticed that the VC of Kogi State University is an Ebira, The Rector of Kogi State Polytechnic is an Ebira and also the Governor of Kogi State is also Ebira. Ebi like say na Ebira get Kogi now o, anyways God please take charge.
mind you the VC of kogi state university is an Igala man from Ankpa
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by mhizsimi(f): 8:40am On May 31, 2016
pinkrex:

You've clearly missed the point. Are the lecturers still being screened? No! Why haven't they been paid?

Why can't be priotise payment of the lecturers' backlog and ever other person who haa scaled through screening?

Nobody is asking him to stop the civil service clean up, but you can't throw the baby and the bath water. Are you in support of the lecturers leaving in droves?

If he wants to complete the screening first.. has he communicated that? What is the timeline?

Think again. I cant antagonise that man, I like him but we need to help him succeed.
I liked the man before too but not anymore, he has become insensitive to the plight of workers in the state, kogites had great expectations since he was young and all that but I don't think withholding the bailout fund makes any sense. According to what I heard, he promised to pay them last week but nothing happened, we hope he does something this week so the strike can be called off.
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by Obas101(m): 8:46am On May 31, 2016
pinkrex:

This isn't true. The VC of the Kogi state university is not an Ebira, he's an Igala man.
i think she meant idah poly
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by jamalnation(m): 8:57am On May 31, 2016
Na wa o just four month in office una don dey condemn.
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by fredon40: 9:00am On May 31, 2016
This is pure F*ckery..we av suffered enuf
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by ijija: 9:22am On May 31, 2016
Wada has been vindicated. He did all he could in spite of the refusal by buhari to release bailout to him to manage the lecturers and all workers salary. He eve went to The extent of borrowing from bank to pay salaries yet kogi people cursed him and called him unprintable names. Now buhari first son bello is in the saddle. Buhari has released all the billions to him, 50 billion bailout, 10 billion infrastructure fund,15 billion refund. Bello has received in just 5 months more than what wada received in a year yet he has refused to pay salaries. He is embarking on mass retrenchment and has even sacked the assembly so nobody can question him. Only God can save kogi now

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by belloabd1914(m): 9:53am On May 31, 2016
it is really funny how people come online to spill out rubbish, in as much as i condemn the strike and non payment of salaries, i want to look at the brighter side, is it not better for kogi to get rid of the ghost workers causing the real workers to earn in %, KSU is my Alma mata and during my stay there i witnessed strike almost all semester, the least was 3 month, most of my course mate are on pay roll for doing nothing, i had a neighbor who all of her siblings are on payroll as compensation for the death of their father :all ghost workers: bleeding the state dry, what i have come to terms with in life is that people will stop at any length to taunt a due process. Only time will tell if Bello means well for the state or not.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by pinkrex(m): 10:04am On May 31, 2016
ijija:
Wada has been vindicated. He did all he could in spite of the refusal by buhari to release bailout to him to manage the lecturers and all workers salary. He eve went to The extent of borrowing from bank to pay salaries yet kogi people cursed him and called him unprintable names. Now buhari first son bello is in the saddle. Buhari has released all the billions to him, 50 billion bailout, 10 billion infrastructure fund,15 billion refund. Bello has received in just 5 months more than what wada received in a year yet he has refused to pay salaries. He is embarking on mass retrenchment and has even sacked the assembly so nobody can question him. Only God can save kogi now

Mehn..you're a serious liar. See how you distorted financial facts. Please how can you backup all these?

Wada can never be vindicated. What did he do? The truth is that, it was during his tenure that those salaries accumulated. My grouse with Bello is not to have paid those who have been cleared by the screening committee. Why didn't he priotise that of the lecturers as well?
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by falastine: 10:07am On May 31, 2016
He is a criminal..
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by kalakutta: 10:09am On May 31, 2016
pinkrex:

Mehn..you're a serious liar. See how you distorted financial facts. Please how can you backup all these?

Wada can never be vindicated. What did he do? The truth is that, it was during his tenure that those salaries accumulated. My grouse with Bello is not to have paid those who have been cleared by the screening committee. Why didn't he priotise that of the lecturers as well?

Which screening committee. Same one that the chairman General Okuntimo was sacked last week! Lol! Bello is confused. Kogi politics is too advanced for him.
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by pinkrex(m): 11:06am On May 31, 2016
kalakutta:

Which screening committee. Same one that the chairman General Okuntimo was sacked last week! Lol! Bello is confused. Kogi politics is too advanced for him.

Are they to embark on another screening exercise?
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by Gerrard59(m): 11:37am On May 31, 2016
As Madcow1 will say-this is the effect of cheap education. Can Covenant University go on strike for flimsy issues like what I'm reading? After someone will come and "vomit" that private universities graduates are good.
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by STEPHMIDE(m): 11:53am On May 31, 2016
mr promise help us beg yahaya ooo cus dis one na bagging tinx
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by elpatch(m): 12:06pm On May 31, 2016
Sheggy13:

Thanks so much for this information bro. You don't know how helpful it is. Someone is trying to scam me into giving money for the person's treatment in this hospital, saying they've given the bill already there and has received the first part of the treatment around the first week of May there.
you're welcome.I hope say I never burst person bubbles....
Re: Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers by soloheater(m): 1:07pm On May 31, 2016
This is still the reason Nigerian education has been a mess!! After all those struggles to get admission, one will face almost 2years of strike before graduation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly / Fupre Post Utme 2016 | Pass Question | Exam Date | Cut-off Mark | Result | Fees / Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.