Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

I Pity Laid Mohammed - He Keeps Defending Our Failed Promises - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pity Laid Mohammed - He Keeps Defending Our Failed Promises - Buhari (574 Views)

Can Nigerian Masses Revolt And Take Back Governance From Our Failed RULERS? / ‘I Pity President Buhari’ – El- Rufai / I Pity Lai Mohammed, He Keeps Defending Our Failed Promises – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Pity Laid Mohammed - He Keeps Defending Our Failed Promises - Buhari by AbuEzeFemi(m): 6:47pm On May 31, 2016
Welcome to Breaking Times, a global online newspaper for synthesizing news down to easy-to-read-and-comprehend stories.
Breaking Times
Ad Here: 728x90
Menu

FLASH| Cult Clash Kills 5 in Rivers StateFLASH | Tompolo’s Letter to Niger Delta AvengersPowerful Explosion Rocks Military Checkpoint as Buhari Gives SpeechDemocracy Remains Best Solution to our National Problems, Says SarakiPresidency Lists “Achievements”, Claims Victory Even as Boko Haram Captures Communities#SBMINTELLINGENCEREPORT | One Year of Buhari in Office (Download full report)CP FCT ASSURES OF ADEQUATE SECURITY FOR 2016 CHILDREN’S DAY CELEBRATIONFLASH| Federal High Court Bars Sheriff as PDP Chairman,Recognises Makarfi CommitteeOndo State Police Command Rescues Abducted Reverend Sisters (PHOTOS)FLASH| Boko Haram’s Chief Bomb Maker Killed by Shekau’s Bodyguard
HOME NEWS ABUJA I PITY LAI MOHAMMED, HE KEEPS DEFENDING OUR FAILED PROMISES – BUHARI
I Pity Lai Mohammed, He Keeps Defending Our Failed Promises - Buhari
I Pity Lai Mohammed, He Keeps Defending Our Failed Promises – Buhari
Posted By: Breaking Timeson: May 31, 2016In: Abuja, Africa, Nation, News, Nigeria3 Comments Print Email
President Muhammadu Buhari says his party didn’t know what they were getting into before making so much promises to Nigerians, and as such made life difficult for themselves with the high expectations from Nigerians because of the long list of promises made. He said his party identified only three major items…Security, Economy and Corruption.

Speaking on Monday when he hosted state house correspondents at the presidential villa in Abuja, Buhari said he and his cabinet members have been doing their best to deliver the change which the All Progressives Congress (APC) promised Nigerians during the electioneering campaign.

The president described his ministers as hardworking, saying they toil day and night to ensure that his administration succeeds.

“One of the men I pity is Lai Mohammed. Everyday he is on TV explaining our performance or lack of it,” he said.

“The ministers sit down day and night to work. Some of them have literarily lost weight because they were sleeping less and eating less (while working on the budget). They were working on every kobo to be spent.

“We recently just found out that we are poor because we don’t have anything to fall back to. This is the condition we found ourselves and this change mantra had to go through hell up till yesterday.

“And for you to talk to whoever came to visit us throughout that year, I wonder how each of your diaries would be, because people were expecting this change mantra in their own way.

“How do you define change? Luckily our party identified three major items, security, economy and corruption.”

The president spoke on why he reduced the number of ministries from 42 to 24. He also revealed that some of the permanent secretaries were disengaged because of lack of commitment.

Buhari added that there is a possibility of the economy recovering in the last quarter of the year.

“When we came there were 42 ministries we cut it to 24. We had to do it on our own because we found out that government could not continue with 42 ministers and the paraphernalia of office so we cut it down to 24,” he said.

“I underrated the influence of the PDP for 16 years watching from outside. The experience of the staff, their commitment and zeal is different from what it is now compared to when I was in government. Sixteen years of development in the life of a developing nation is a long time.

“Most of the permanent secretaries were sent out because it was time for some of them to go and for others for one thing or the other. Because were not part of those 16 years this is where we found ourselves and this is no joke.

“We had to cut down half the number of permanent secretaries and then do some cross postings. The permanent secretaries that were there for the past five, seven, 15 years the only thing that they know is how things were done in the previous years. Whatever we did in the campaign, in fact we were saying rubbish and that made it very difficult for us.

“Things were even more difficult during the budget which you all know about. For somebody like me, for the first time I heard what is called padding.

“I think we will recover by the fourth quarter of the year, what padding means especially for ministers who had implement what padding contains. There were very serious developments which I never knew about.”

Cableng

Tags: All Progressives CongressLai MohammedPresident Muhammadu Buhari
Share 34 Tweet Share 0 Share 0 Share 0
Previous
Blood, Sorrows and Tears as Army Uses Live Bullets on Protesters
Next
Niger Delta Group Claims Responsibility for Onitsha Attack, 8 Soldiers Killed
ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Breaking Times
Welcome to Breaking Times, a global online newspaper for synthesizing news down to easy-to-read-and-comprehend stories.

RELATED ARTICLES

House of Representatives Pass 13 Bills in 20 Minutes
House of Representatives Pass 13 Bills in 20 Minutes

May 31, 2016
Comptroller General Orders Immediate Arrest of all Ex-Ministers, Senators
Comptroller General Orders Immediate Arrest of all Ex-Ministers, Senators

May 31, 2016
4 Killed in Niger State Over Facebook Post on Prophet Muhammad, Army Reacts
4 Killed in Niger State Over Facebook Post on Prophet Muhammad, Army Reacts

May 31, 2016
3 COMMENTS

alkeyz
May 31, 2016 at 9:27 am
the truth is that, you just done know anything about government and how to rule!!

Ararhure Eseore
May 31, 2016 at 1:41 pm
In the anti-corruption war nobody was charged to court for the budget padding which took the nation by storm and embarrassed the ruling party with their anti-corruption fight. It’s like they are all protected as one of their own because all members of APC are saints. Yeye dey smell.

On point
May 31, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Is padding not corruption, who was arrested.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

160x600
BT RECENT
House of Representatives Pass 13 Bills in 20 MinutesComptroller General Orders Immediate Arrest of all Ex-Ministers, Senators4 Killed in Niger State Over Facebook Post on Prophet Muhammad, Army ReactsUpdate On Operation Pulo Shield At OporazaIGP Orders Immediate Disarmament of IPOB MembersOne Year of Education Under Change AgendaBuhari To Visit Niger Delta, To Flag Off Ogoniland Clean-UpArmy Explains why It Attacked Protesting IPOB MembersFLASH| Man Beats Brother-in-Law to DeathRecovered Assets to be Published on Thursday - Garba ShehuJAMB's Performance Under Adamu, A plus For Buhari's AdministrationFLASH| Cult Clash Kills 5 in Rivers State
BT CATEGORIES

We break it first before others! ... BT
NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our email newsletter.

Subscribe
160x600
WEATHER

Abuja
May31 06:40
Humidity 71%
Pressure 983
Winds 0.44mph
NOW
28℃
WED
Jun01
Heavy Intensity Rain
THU
Jun02
Moderate Rain
FRI
Jun03
Light Rain
SAT
Jun04
Broken Clouds
SUN
Jun05
Moderate Rain
MON
Jun06
Heavy Intensity Rain
SOCIALS COUNTER
RSS
10000+
Subscribers
facebook
fans
twitter
followers
BT TV

JOIN THE BT COMMUNITY

ad
ad

Ad Here: 300x600
Breaking Times is a global online newspaper for synthesizing news down to easy-to-read-and-comprehend stories.
Home
About BT
Best Practices
Editorial Policies
Advertising Policy
Contact

Copyright 2014 Breaking Times Communications. All rights reserved
Re: I Pity Laid Mohammed - He Keeps Defending Our Failed Promises - Buhari by masinga07(m): 6:52pm On May 31, 2016
Liar Mohammed will defend you because he is the chief Zombie grin
Re: I Pity Laid Mohammed - He Keeps Defending Our Failed Promises - Buhari by Flexherbal(m): 7:25pm On May 31, 2016
Lai is only doing his work. You don't expect him to do otherwise.

(1) (Reply)

Mr Chido Laments Change. / We Acted In Self Defence Over Biafra Day Killings - Military / I Am Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.