Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,236 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

“hero Of The Ukraine” Nadezhda Savchenko Addresses The Rada - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / “hero Of The Ukraine” Nadezhda Savchenko Addresses The Rada (3683 Views)

Mali Welcomes Mamoudou Gassama As A Hero (Photos) / Emmanuel Macron Addresses The International Obsession Together With His Wife’s / Arseny Yatsenyuk, Ukraine Pm Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: “hero Of The Ukraine” Nadezhda Savchenko Addresses The Rada by Appleyard(m): 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2016
Missy89:

You are still talking rubbish.

I am surprised you are still arguing blindly really . When the treaty was signed. The Soviet Union and the Warsaw pact were still intact. What the Russians wanted is no military deployment in East Germany and none was deployed there until the soviet Union collapsed.

So how can you say Gorbachev meant no structures outside the east AND FURTHER DOWN EAST So are you implying that Gorbachev predicted the fall of the soviet union and the Warsaw pact before it happened and asked for a guarantee before the event? Does this even sound intelligent to you at all?

The Russians controlled the Polish military till the early 90s and had troops there up until 1993 (Northern Group of Forces) Armed with nukes. So you are telling me Gorbachev foresaw the soviet withdrawal from Poland in 1993 and asked for assurances of the west not moving east in 1990? Really? grin grin grin

I showed you a direct quote from Gorbachev himself saying that what they talked about was EAST GERMANY. You are inventing your own prove an theory. I typical crank debating tactics. So we should disregard what the Preisdent of the Soviet union said who should be in a good position to know what actually happened?

The same President of the Soviet Union that said this:

"The Americans promised that Nato wouldn't move beyond the boundaries of Germany after the Cold War but now half of central and eastern Europe are members, so what happened to their promises? It shows they cannot be trusted."

and was corroborated by Genscher, the German Foreign Minister that was in the thick of the action back then...

Genscher spoke with Shevardnadze. According to the German record of the conversation, which was only recently declassified, Genscher said: "We are aware that NATO membership for a unified Germany raises complicated questions. For us, however, one thing is certain: NATO will not expand to the east." And because the conversion revolved mainly around East Germany, Genscher added explicitly: "As far as the non-expansion of NATO is concerned, this also applies in general."

... And Shevardnadze replied that he believed "everything the minister (Genscher) said."

...and the Amerikans confirmed the RED LINES..

…we have the text of a State Department cable dated Feb. 1, 2008, from the U.S. Embassy in Moscow bearing the unusual title: “NYET MEANS NYET: RUSSIA’S NATO ENLARGEMENT REDLINES.”

grin grin My dear, you can only convince a kid, not your Husband..cheesy You and i know indebtly that there is no love between Russia and Nato, because the Cold War never died. And you know that to be true. My love, either way you may look at it, Russia was always going to be an enemy, and vice versa. It wasn't after the Crimean issue in 2015 that you mentioned. As far back as in 2007, Robert Gates, the US defence secretary, told a congressional committee that... America needed to boost military spending to counter myriad threats including the "uncertain paths of China and Russia". Why? Cold War mentality. Shocked? Even Gorbachev was amazed...

"Yet we see the United States approving a military budget and the defence secretary pledging to strengthen conventional forces because of the possibility of a war with China or Russia.
"I sometimes have a feeling that the United States is going to wage war against the entire world."

He said that in 2008, my love.

In 2008 also, the missile program was on course, to defend against who? Maybe Satan. And when the US was sending ships unnecessarily into the Black Sea, Russia responded by sending ships and nuclear bombers into Venezuela for an excercise, and you know what? Pentagon called it a provocation. You see, my love. The Cold War Mentality Never Died.

That is the bottom line.

So, take a rest my love. Your darling we need you in subsequent thread. Stay well, love. God bless.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: “hero Of The Ukraine” Nadezhda Savchenko Addresses The Rada by vedaxcool(m): 5:01am On Jun 07, 2016
Na wa oh see as woman dey deck all this Russian hasbars trolls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Photo Of President Obama Joining The 'beard Gang' Is Breaking The Internet / North Korea leader: The World's Most Dangerous Man (facts) / BREAKING News; Israel Faces Toughest Attack From Gaza In History (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.