Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t (12314 Views)

Lady Saved Man From Jungle Justice In Imo (Photos) / Lady Reveals How She Prevented Jungle Justice In Her Neighborhood In Uyo / Thief Caght & Given Jungle Justice In Awka, Anambra State(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by Btppolitics: 8:17am On Jun 01, 2016
What is jungle justice?

Well, it’s just a punishment carried out by individuals on a suspected criminal without any legal authority. Such criminal will experience a lot of pain before life is finally gone out of him/her.

He/She can be hit with different materials such as wood, broken bottles, steels, stones etc anything possible just make to sure the person is vulnerable or temporarily paralyzed and then the final stage comes – burning the criminal naked and alive.

Jungle Justice started in Nigeria close to a decade ago and still no solution has been procured to it.

The Law

According to the Nigerian Constitution,

Section (33) 1 states : “Every person has the right to life, and no one shall be deprived intentionally of his life, save the execution of the sentence of a court in respect of a criminal offence of which he has been found guilty in Nigeria.”

For many years, our law enforcement agencies have failed in being competent. In South-South, Nigeria, it is said that arrested criminals that engage in devious acts such as armed robbery or even murder slip through the hands of the police by paying ‘affordable bails’ instead of charging them to court for their deeds but these criminals will be released will still roam the streets and continue their devilish acts. This is why Nigerians have no belief in the police and it has greatly increased the rate of jungle justice in Nigeria.
Throwback to some jungle justice events:

1. ALUU 4 BOYS (2012)

I’m sure we still all remember these four young men who were battered and burnt alive. The gory video footage spread on YouTube like wildfire,even a policeman was caught hitting them with the butt of the gun,he was later apprehended alongside others who engaged in the act. This incident went viral in the nation and the parents of the deceased are still find to justice.

2. LYNCHING OF KID IN KADUNA(2012)

This happened just weeks after the ALUU boys incident and this time it was just a 12-year-old who was accused of kidnapping a pupil. He was beaten and burnt alive in Kaduna

3. FEMALE THIEF BEATEN TO PULP (2014)

A certain female was stripped naked and beaten because she stole a phone. The pretty woman was caught with a stolen phone and she was sexually manhandled and beaten to pulp by an angry mob.

4. FEMALE KIDNAPPER (2014)

A middle aged woman was stripped naked and also beaten a large crowd for allegedly kidnapping a young child that was home alone in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State. After about 2 hours when life had almost gone out of the woman, the police got involved and took her away.

5. LYNCHING OF MAN IN FESTAC (2016)
Two suspected thieves were caught for trying a steal a parked motorcycle about 2 weeks ago in Festac unfortunately one of them got away and the other was beaten to pulp by angry residents.

6. WARRI INCIDENTS (2016)

Two out of seven robbers were caught in caught in Warri,they were beaten blue black and burnt alive in broad daylight. Their operation was to steal tricycles which we all know as ‘Keke Napep’ but they were unsuccessful and they got caught.

Also, a popular notorious thief called ‘Emma-B’ who had been terrorizing a particular community in Warri was caught by a vigilante and was brutally beaten and finally set ablaze.

There are thousands of other jungle justice cases that we all don’t know.

What’s your take on JUNGLE JUSTICE

Source : http://btppoliticstoday.com/jungle-justice-nigeria-dont/
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 01, 2016
Jungle justice.
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by Creamish(f): 8:33am On Jun 01, 2016
For some of the grieving victims of the alleged criminals, its justice well served..especially in a nation where d police are easily swayed to turn a blind eye to justice.

But for those with a working conscience, it is barbaric. I don't stand for it.

Nigeria needs to work on the justice system so we can believe in it. Till then, JJ will still be the order of the day. sadly...

16 Likes

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by paiz: 8:37am On Jun 01, 2016
The government really have to look into this evil acts, cause it's really bad that such a thing is happening in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by MUVA(m): 8:40am On Jun 01, 2016
Jungle justice is NEVER an option because by killing a thief for stealing, you have committed an even more heinous crime of murder.

8 Likes

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by SmellingAnus(m): 9:02am On Jun 01, 2016
I condemn both the crime and the jungle justice... I know that in some cases jungle justice is administered out of frustration due to the inability of the police to fish out those hoodlums so the community decides to protect itself and its properties through any means... I have not given up on Nigeria, I know we will get to an admirable state where we will have very effective Executive, Legislature and Judiciary... God Bless Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by iykekelvins(m): 9:18am On Jun 01, 2016
Nigerians been taking laws into their hands since day 0

Say No To Jungle Justice

1 Like

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by Smellymouth: 9:26am On Jun 01, 2016
Capital NO!!!!!!

I repeat, it's a NO! NO!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2016
I dont support jungle justice, it's really babaric but truth be said, the police also contribute to why jungle justice is on the increase....
Collect bribes, let the criminals go scot-free, turn a deaf ear to the plea of the endangered residents..... Funny how some even boast about being to prison and coming out untouched, some feel they can do stuff and get away with it....

The only way to stop J.j in nigeria is by making NPF earn the trust of its citizens...

3 Likes

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by BabsThePresido(m): 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hmmmmn....this is serious
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by CzarRex: 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
when there is jungle justice in Nigeria,one would think stealing and kidnapping will be reduced.

but that aluu 4 boys really touched me,cus I heard they were just innocent boys who went to collect what was theirs

but some idiots no they ever learn, they will still Go ahead to steal especially in broad day light why

but I kinda support it for terrorists

1 Like

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by NwaNimo1(m): 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
Only God has the right to take a mans life away -

Nigerians that engage or condone such behaviors are EVIL!

4 Likes

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by Lilimax(f): 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
The lists are endless in Nigeria.
All I can say is that jungle justice belongs to the primitive era and is not welcomed in the 21st Century.
It tells you how we value life in our country even though we are no longer in medieval age grin

1 Like

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by dotcomnamename: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
NO
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by kingphilip(m): 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
Jungle justice according to the law is not right but as people have opined earlier is because of the justice system in this country and how criminals escape and still come back terrorizing residents that people stick to this

Let's take an opinion poll

Click like to show non support for jungle justice and share for support
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by adorablevic: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
No matter d crime...don't think anybody has d right to take a life dat he/she couldn't create...leave justice for God or d law kiss

1 Like

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by ikbnice(m): 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
Nobody is guilty of commiting a crime until proven by a law court. But, who wan hear this sermon. Criminals caught in the act have been seen set free the same day of being caught with them vowing to teach those who took them to the police station a lesson they would never forget and true to their words ... they did. How won't the people here result to jungle justice when next they catch a criminal.
BOTTOMLINE: jungle justice is wrong but the society we find ourselve in has made it difficult for us to do what is right even when we know it is.Only God will help us to do the right thing in this country.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by Firefire(m): 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
CAPITAL NO!

Thou the delay on the part of the judiciary and justice coupled with high level of corruption within the security agents is the main reason why many have decided to take the law into their hands citing the principle of retributive justice “an eye for an eye”

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by Guyman02: 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
We say NO to jungle justice, but it shows that we are still in a primitive society and the citizens no longer believe in the State to protect them which is the key reason Nigeria needs to be restructured (as collaborated by Atiku Abubakar yesterday) so that areas that want to be left behind can be left behind and not be a hindrance to those who want to move forward
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by macaranta(m): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
Well...people are not smiling.Don't steal from them to avoid stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by ifyalways(f): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
The economy is not smiling now, I have tripled my hustling so I and my family can stay afloat and honestly,I will defend myself even if it means killing or maiming any lazy assss fooool that tries anything funny near me. Would I join a jungle justice mob? Resounding NO.

Bottomline: Don't steal.

3 Likes

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by marlockj: 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
Btppolitics:
What is jungle justice?

Well, it’s just a punishment carried out by individuals on a suspected criminal without any legal authority. Such criminal will experience a lot of pain before life is finally gone out of him/her.

He/She can be hit with different materials such as wood, broken bottles, steels, stones etc anything possible just make to sure the person is vulnerable or temporarily paralyzed and then the final stage comes – burning the criminal naked and alive.

Jungle Justice started in Nigeria close to a decade ago and still no solution has been procured to it.

The Law

According to the Nigerian Constitution,

Section (33) 1 states : “Every person has the right to life, and no one shall be deprived intentionally of his life, save the execution of the sentence of a court in respect of a criminal offence of which he has been found guilty in Nigeria.”

For many years, our law enforcement agencies have failed in being competent. In South-South, Nigeria, it is said that arrested criminals that engage in devious acts such as armed robbery or even murder slip through the hands of the police by paying ‘affordable bails’ instead of charging them to court for their deeds but these criminals will be released will still roam the streets and continue their devilish acts. This is why Nigerians have no belief in the police and it has greatly increased the rate of jungle justice in Nigeria.
Throwback to some jungle justice events:

1. ALUU 4 BOYS (2012)

I’m sure we still all remember these four young men who were battered and burnt alive. The gory video footage spread on YouTube like wildfire,even a policeman was caught hitting them with the butt of the gun,he was later apprehended alongside others who engaged in the act. This incident went viral in the nation and the parents of the deceased are still find to justice.

2. LYNCHING OF KID IN KADUNA(2012)

This happened just weeks after the ALUU boys incident and this time it was just a 12-year-old who was accused of kidnapping a pupil. He was beaten and burnt alive in Kaduna

3. FEMALE THIEF BEATEN TO PULP (2014)

A certain female was stripped naked and beaten because she stole a phone. The pretty woman was caught with a stolen phone and she was sexually manhandled and beaten to pulp by an angry mob.

4. FEMALE KIDNAPPER (2014)

A middle aged woman was stripped naked and also beaten a large crowd for allegedly kidnapping a young child that was home alone in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State. After about 2 hours when life had almost gone out of the woman, the police got involved and took her away.

5. LYNCHING OF MAN IN FESTAC (2016)
Two suspected thieves were caught for trying a steal a parked motorcycle about 2 weeks ago in Festac unfortunately one of them got away and the other was beaten to pulp by angry residents.

6. WARRI INCIDENTS (2016)

Two out of seven robbers were caught in caught in Warri,they were beaten blue black and burnt alive in broad daylight. Their operation was to steal tricycles which we all know as ‘Keke Napep’ but they were unsuccessful and they got caught.

Also, a popular notorious thief called ‘Emma-B’ who had been terrorizing a particular community in Warri was caught by a vigilante and was brutally beaten and finally set ablaze.

There are thousands of other jungle justice cases that we all don’t know.

What’s your take on JUNGLE JUSTICE

Source : http://btppoliticstoday.com/jungle-justice-nigeria-dont/

Capital.:::: Yes ohhh;;;;;
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by divinelove(m): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
I support whatever it takes to stop crime including Jungle Justice angry In less than 1% of the cases does an innocent person get caught up in Jungle Justice. stealing/arm robbery attracts death by burning alive if caught by angry mob, dt helps to keep ppl off stealing. As for our politicians their end is near esp d corrupt ones
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by kings09(m): 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
Yes for our corrupt politicians

1 Like

Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
Jungle justice is a barbaric act to say the least, it is sad that it still happens in this day and age – 21st century, Nigeria! undecided
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
no
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by CR77(f): 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
Yes
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by tabithababy(f): 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
Yes to jungle justice. Kill them all. I hate thieves. shocked
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by Debaddest(m): 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
This is not suppose to be so.. we should try and stop taking laws in our own hands, police are there for us although they are not our friend.
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by Kingkamal(m): 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
No good justice in the court let the criminals face the risk
Re: Jungle Justice In Nigeria – Do Or Don’t by tete7000(m): 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
People kill might end up found to be innocent of crimes accused of. Jungle justice is a No No! Only competent law court must pronounce people guilty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill ECWA Pastor's Wife Mrs Olawale, Clergyman, Others Kidnapped In Kwara / Car Accidents Kill 9 In Lagos And Cross River On Christmas Day / Sad Story Of A Rape Victim: How They Stole My Virginity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.