Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich (50624 Views)

How Can A Person Living In Nigeria Become Rich? / Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. / Answer To: Why Can't A Country Keep On Printing Money And Become Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Ranchhoddas: 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
PentiumPro:

There is absolutely nothing smart in that question, it's in actual fact very embarassing as a Nigerian graduate to ask such
Stop being foolish. Did you provide an answer to his question?

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by frehage: 8:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
ckmayoca:
Op if u r a farmer and suddenly u jam plenty money, will u farm again? I bet no. So what will happen to the ppl that buys the food from u? Same wit doc, hair dresser, lecturers etc non of em will waanna work again.

The money in your hand thus becomes useless: the farmers no longer go to their farms and so no food to buy; boutique owners abandon their businesses and you are stuck with your old clothes; etc.

Real or true money is not the naira notes you see but the value you create in terms products, services, processes, etc, as solutions to problems, and answers to needs and wants of society.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by scully95: 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
Missy89:

Name on country or have a good day.

I am not interested in stories

you keep asking the same f00lish question and i have answered you and even lectured you on how it works and how the anglozionist empire's leader U.S is doing it that is wrong. i have explained in to to for you. It's you that keeps saying any country can just be printing money without anything backing the money ??

There is no way you can just be printing money anywhere, even most countries now are trying to do a cashless economy which has a lot of advantage over dis...

All the countries using Fiat money has something backing it. You can't just be printing money anyhow and turning IOU to real value without anything backing your currency which is what the U.S is doing and it's the reason for the last reccession that saw over 2 trillion just evaporate and non of the bankers got jail terms. Only for the empire of lies to come out and start bailling the crooks that started the lies in the first place. Making something out of nothing has been the empire of lies strategy all over the world.

The simple answer to printing more money is Demand and Supply.. You must have demand and supply to meet up and balance the equation. If you print more money where there is no Supply to meet demands, this is known as inflation, hyper inflation in most cases and it's the reason they say that very soon, only the U.S will be able to afford its military junks that it builds and spend billions of dollar building.. (it is still the same reason KA 52 Aligator attack Holicopter which is more cost effective, cost less than over rated, over lied, over hyped Appache Helicopter. KA Alligator is far better than Appache any day any time. Now explain why and how come ? Olodo)

The simple truth is, if you print money anyhow without anything backing it. Not only that but also turns Fiat Debt to real value by selling its debts to other Puppet countries with the hope of prolonging the death of your fiat printed dollar or money, it will all end in default. Now that is criminal act against the 99% American people who deserve better than what the Neocons have given to them.

Now the wars has been backing the U.S fiat printed money and fiat debt and what happens if it can't back it anymore ? Default

Gadaffi is gone, Sadam is also gone. Who is next ? Assad is not going down so forget it. The blood money Dollar is going down.

Because there is no supply to most of all that it consumes. All the supply has been exported to China and other Asian countries why ? Because of the same inflation. It's cheaper to make these things outside and just sell it inside. Simple logic that is human resource is cheaper in other Asian countries.
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Missy89(f): 8:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
scully95:

you keep asking the same f00lish question and i have answered you and even lectured you on how it works and how the anglozionist empire's leader U.S is doing it that is wrong. i have explained in to to for you. It's you that keeps saying any country can just be printing money without anything backing the money ??

There is no way you can just be printing money anywhere, even most countries now are trying to do a cashless economy which has a lot of advatntage.

All the countries using Fiat money has something backing it. You can't just be printing money anyhow and turning IOU to real value without anything backing your currency which is what the U.S is doing and it's the reason for the last reccession that saw over 2 trillion just evaporate and non of the bankers got jail terms. Only for the empire of lies to come out and start bailling the crooks that started the lies in the first place. Making something out of nothing has been the empire of lies strategy all over the world.

The simple answer to printing more money is Demand and Supply.. You must have demand and supply to meet up and balance the equation. If you print more money where there is no Supply to meet demands, this is known as inflation, hyper inflation in most cases and it's the reason they say that very soon, only the U.S will be able to afford its military junks that it builds and spend billions of dollar building.. (it is still the same reason KA 52 Aligator attack Holicopter which is more cost effective, cost less than over rated, over lied, over hyped Appache Helicopter. KA Alligator is far better than Appache any day any time. Now explain why and how come ? Olodo)

The simple truth is, if you print money anyhow without anything backing it. Not only that but also turns Fiat Debt to real value by selling its debts to other Puppet countries with the hope of prolonging the death of your fiat printed dollar or money, it will all end in default. Now that is criminal act against the 99% American people who deserve better than what the Neocons have given to them.

Now the wars has been backing the U.S fiat printed money and fiat debt and what happens if it can't back it anymore ? Default

Gadaffi is gone, Sadam is also gone. Who is next ? Assad is not going down so forget it. The blood money Dollar is going down.

Because there is no supply to most of all that it consumes. All the supply has been exported to China and other Asian countries why ? Because of the same inflation. It's cheaper to make these things outside and just sell it inside. Simple logic that is human resource is cheaper in other Asian countries.

Are you ever going to name ONE country?

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by scully95: 8:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
Missy89:

Are you ever going to name ONE country?

lol... Olodo of the 21st century. You really have nothing to say. Still saying the same thing and spamming NL. You see why I should not have time for you.
Read up again Olodo that says any country can be printing money anyhow that country likes.

lol.. grin grin grin
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Missy89(f): 8:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
scully95:

lol... Olodo of the 21st century. You really have nothing to say. Still saying the same thing and spamming NL. You see why I should not have time for you.
Read up again Olodo that says any country can be printing money anyhow that country likes.

lol.. grin grin grin

Can you name one country that is not printing money out of nothing ? Eyo kan pere!

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Ranchhoddas: 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
Engineermbugame:
Hmmm,i learn alot here.dis thread is educated.
Yeparipa!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by tushbobo(m): 8:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
joey150:
sadly you cannot identify very good english. I dont know about your economics

Very correct.
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by musicwriter(m): 8:59pm On Jun 01, 2016
tsdarkside:

hahahahahaha.....you are clueless...america is already doing it!!......what you think..??.... grin grin grin

True.

And they're able to print money because the dollar can be spent in any country worldwide. Sometimes I begin to wonder why the leaders of other nations have no idea the US literally hold the world economy hostage because of the dollar advantage. If the rest of the world jettison the dollar, the US would become a third world country overnight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by scully95: 9:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
Missy89:

Can you name one country that is not printing money out of nothing ? Eyo kan pere!

read up again this will be my last comment cos you are a spammer. I don't know why this tiny spamdetector has not banned you for the next 24 hours for spamming. Olodo you has little sense, decided to change the question which means the same thing.

Again read up to see answer.
Now answer this one question.

How can somalia buy anything from Russia for example ?

Let me help you.
Assuming Russia is selling Rosatom Nuclear power plant deal.
How can a country like Somalia buy anything from Russia that has default on virtually everything and that keep increasing the 000 that is printing ?
Even Zimbabwe is practising multi-currency.
How can you do Business with Somalia ?

That's the future for U.S that keeps printing anyhow and nothing backing it except war with less armed countries. No supply backing the printied dollar and when War is checkmated, the system default with it.

Let me even explain in brief how wars and regime change backs the Printing of Blood money. U.S.D..

A typical example and currently going on as we speak is Ukraine. Here is regime change. Installed Puppet and what did the Puppet in Kiev did. Ask IMF for more debts. Sharing the debt thereby prolonging the default.

The same thing happened during IBB era but glad Nigeria finally paid all the debts but Naira never recovered from the just one puppet being installed in our system. Many ppl do not remember.. Before IBB. N1 =2$..

After he was installed, arab league wanted to lend Nigeria money without interest or compound interest, but Puppet IBB said no, took IMF's debt sharing and prolonging of the default. After one month of that debt, N2 = 1$.. The debt OBJ finally paid everything with compound interest during his tenure. Naira never recovered since then..

Now on the war. Here it's simple, I have given you example of how only regime change is backing the dollar. In a war which U.S promised its proxies (Potential Puppets) in Iraq for example. Here war is sent to the countries usually against the dollar, after regime change has been tried,sanctions and every other thing, if the country still functioning without that dollar, washington and its crooks (usually those defaulting) with it send war to that country to destroy the instituitions and install puppets. What does puppets do the most ? Run like IBB to IMF to get the same debt sharing Fiat/Printed dollar to "rebuild" the country.

Now that's a vicious circle that cannot last forever and has only effectly worked in Yugoslavia that was destoroyed by NATO. Go and check all the debts sharing going on in the formal Yugoslavia countries.

I wont reply your crap again.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Missy89(f): 9:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
scully95:

read up again this will be my last comment cos you are a spammer. I don't know why this tiny spamdetector has not banned you for the next 24 hours for spamming. Olodo you has little sense, decided to change the question which means the same thing.

Again read up to see answer.
Now answer this one question.

How can somalia buy anything from Russia for example ?

Let me help you.
Assuming Russia is selling Rosatom Nuclear power plant deal.
How can a country like Somalia buy anything from Russia that has default on virtually everything and that keep increasing the 000 that is printing ?
Even Zimbabwe is practising multi-currency.
How can you do Business with Somalia ?

That's the future for U.S that keeps printing anyhow and nothing backing it except war with less armed countries. No supply backing the printied dollar and when War is checkmated, the system default with it.

Let me even explain in brief how wars and regime change backs the Printing of Blood money. U.S.D..

A typical example and currently going on as we speak is Ukraine. Here is regime change. Installed Puppet and what did the Puppet in Kiev did. Ask IMF for more debts. Sharing the debt thereby prolonging the default.

The same thing happened during IBB era but glad Nigeria finally paid all the debts but Naira never recovered from the just one puppet being installed in out system. Many ppl do not remember.. Before IBB. N1 =2$..

After he was installed, arab league wanted to lend Nigeria money without interest or compound interest, but Puppet IBB said no, took IMF's debt sharing and prolonging of the default. After one month of that debt, N2 = 1$.. The debt OBJ finally paid everything with compound interest during his tenure. Naira never recovered since then..

Now on the war. Here it's simple, I have given you example of how only regime change is backing the dollar. In a war which U.S promised Iraw for example. Here war is sent to the countries usually against the dollar, after regime change has been tried,sanctions and every other thing, if the country still functioning without that dollar, washington and its crooks (usually those defaulting) with it send war to that country to destroy the instituitions and install puppets. What does puppets do the most ? Run like IBB to IMF to get the same debt sharing Fiat/Printed dollar to "rebuild" the country.

Now that's a vicious circle that cannot last forever and has only effectly worked in Yugoslavia that was destoroyed by NATO. Go and check all the debts sharing going on in the formal Yugoslavia countries.

I wont reply your crap again.

So which country is NOT printing money out of nothing again?. I need just one word. Save the economics lesson.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by tsdarkside(m): 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2016
musicwriter:

True.

And sometimes I begin to wonder why the leaders of other nations have no idea the US literally hold the world economy hostage because of the dollar advantage. If the rest of the world jettison the dollar, the US would become a third world country overnight.

quick,quick...thats why america must keep military dominance at all cost.......or its overnight "bye bye american dream"......

americans are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo foolish,that they think its through their hard-work that they are above others...

idiiioooots...mumus in higher categoris.....the rest of the world knows they are living on borrowed time.....

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by musicwriter(m): 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
tsdarkside:

quick,quick...thats why america must keep military dominance at all cost.......or its overnight "bye bye american dream"......

americans are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo foolish,that they think its through their hard-work that they are above others...

idiiioooots...mumus in higher categoris.....the rest of the world knows they are living on borrowed time.....

It's third world countries that makes rich nations wealthy. Such an irony.
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by tsdarkside(m): 9:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
Missy89:

So which country is NOT printing money out of nothing again?. I need just one word. Save the economics lesson.

gold and silver was always the worlds currency from the start......

they just replaced the gold and silver for dollars(its realy a worthless paper),if america can not garantie you that you get gold in the equevellent of your labour...they are practicaly cheating the world....

thats why china,iran and russia are building their army rapidly....its the only way to break american-financial-hegemonie,not through bla-bla...

nigeria must massivly build out the nigerian-army so that we dont end up like 1890 again.....

money is not a joke!!!...............money is war!!!!....

simply explained....:

the ol world is a fraud...........

and it will end one day...gold and silver will take over again......

papyrus....pahhhhh..............
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Cavemannn(m): 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
ckmayoca:
Op if u r a farmer and suddenly u jam plenty money, will u farm again? I bet no. So what will happen to the ppl that buys the food from u? Same wit doc, hair dresser, lecturers etc non of em will waanna work again.

Stupid fuckingg idea naira is scare but does it have value?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Dhilariousdandy(m): 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
fiizznation:
lolx. You want to play smart right? Well you can't angrily take a valueless money to another man's country and spend it at your own satisfaction. Let's say, if a Zimbabwean brings his $4billion{Zimbabwe dollars} to Nigeria for the sole purpose of spending the money here. At the of the day, he might just be able to buy one plate of food with his $4billion in Nigeria and that's if he is even lucky

Lol its kinda funny but why?

Does that mean that the Zimbabwe $4million is equal to 350? (A plate of food) in Nigeria?

I'm kinda confused pls..
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by tsdarkside(m): 9:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
musicwriter:

It's third world countries that makes rich nations wealthy. Such an irony.

tahhh.....i wouldnt bother about that too much......important is to be ready to defend yourself,when they come again to take your own share to add to theirs.....

we need a strong army that can defend nigeria and even defeat america on the battle-field...

they will come with all type of nonesense to attack and steal from you,just like they did to gadhaffi....

americans = europeans....never forget that.......
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Cavemannn(m): 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
jjy:
What primary class are you?

Please Seun should put age limit to registration on nairaland as 13 years and above like Facebook.

You berating sn in a post just to get a like chose u re a retardd
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Orosotare(m): 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
what if the country print the money and
use it to import physical goods like machines, thereby not allowing much money to be in circulation

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Segadem(m): 10:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
Samguine:

His deficiency in Economics made him ask that question. Why not answer him instead of pointing out his deficiencies?
Seven gbosa for u
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by annibro(f): 10:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
Pls no yab me. Am being sincere about dis..... "Has our naira more value now DAT it is scarce?
Pheals:
cry print watin .... Go back to history the illiterate abacha keep printing money when no country get crude oil from us ... He dey print amh pack go house ..what end it ? .... We can print it but the feature is " it must be scarce " so that it can have value. Op u understand now

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by musicwriter(m): 10:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
tsdarkside:

tahhh.....i wouldnt bother about that too much......important is to be ready to defend yourself,when they come again to take your own share to add to theirs.....

we need a strong army that can defend nigeria and even defeat america on the battle-field...

they will come with all type of nonesense to attack and steal from you,just like they did to gadhaffi....

americans = europeans....never forget that.......

Strong army would come later. What we and other third world countries need immediately is find our way to science, and begin building our own airplanes, ships, fast train, cars, submarines. Name them!. Everybody would become equal, and western powers would get stuck with their greed.

As it stands now, the rest of the world is in a neo-capitalist slavery still serving the same old ancient slave masters. As you put it "America = Europe".

Guys, see these videos.

Exposing the federal reserve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrwbgdtbdXE

The fiat Empire Federal Reserve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K41O2QfpjA

Money As Debt: International Bankers Own the World and This Is How.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

The corporation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMNZXV7jOG0

The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=682YcaqVs7w

People that follow me, if you watch above videos you'll understand why I've always argued the US is a slave nation, and the danger is that they're trying to pass their debt to the rest of the world.
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Pheals(f): 10:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
annibro:
Pls no yab me. Am being sincere about dis..... "Has our naira more value now DAT it is scarce?
grin it will only have value to Nigeria only ! Ok our economy is bad and if we start to produce it and distribut it , who go work ? No work no food
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by musicwriter(m): 10:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
scully95:

There is no way you can just be printing money anywhere, even most countries now are trying to do a cashless economy which has a lot of advantage over dis...

Americans have no power whatsoever against the system or they have to be the dumbest people on earth to have bailed-out a system that keeps them poor. Not only did they let themselves down, they also let the rest of the world down in 2008 by allowing their government bail-out a system that enslave them!. And I was dumbfounded they were told the greedy companies were ''too big to fail''. And they believed it!. What nonsense!!.

I stopped believing America was a true shinning example of democracy in 2008. If Americans had power and did the right thing, smaller but more effective companies would've arose to replace greedy banks, insurance companies, all over the world, and the world would've been a better place. What we know as capitalism would've been reshaped for the good of all. I don't think they have any idea what an opportunity they missed in 2008.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Respect55(m): 11:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
PentiumPro:

You write very good English but yet very deficient in basic economics

English analyst, so wat answer have u given at d end of your analysis?

NUTIN.

You are the most deficient. U can't even punctuate ur write-up properly.
Smh
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Respect55(m): 11:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
PentiumPro:

You write very good English but yet very deficient in basic economics

English analyst, so wat answer have u given at d end of your analysis?

NUTIN.

You are the most deficient. U can't even punctuate ur write-up properly.
Smh
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Legendre2(m): 11:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
Missy89
scully95
Is it just me or does anyone else think these two people need to get a ring and settle their differences?
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by maleeks(m): 11:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
It's quite unfortunate i'm seeing this thread so late, I'd have explained better to you Op, any post outside first and second page is often neglected... I'll just tell you that the currency of a nation is just an ordinary note in circulation as means of local exhange, procurement of anything outside that very country depends totally on her foreign reserve, as her domestic currency has no value in other country.
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by tetengi4life(m): 11:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
Here is the answer

Most of the people think that gov will print money on the basis of the gold backup’s they have, in fact it is the misconception of the people…

Any county can print the money as much as they want, there is no restriction on it.
In recessionary time’s countries do resorts to printing money, in general we called it as “Quantitative Easing”.

The main reason why countries don’t tend to print huge money is “INFLATION” or even hyper inflation in the economy.

I know u have understood my first few lines, but your mind stuck at the last two lines that, what is Inflation mean?? Don’t worry, I’ll explain you in the simple way of understanding.

Lets see what is Inflation is…

Definition keep it aside, do you remember our grandma use to say that “In our days, we use to buy lots of things with few bucks of money”. I think most of them remember it, right?
What’s the reason that the same products which use to buy long back are being pricing high now, the answer is Inflation.
Now let’s know about inflation with simple understanding,

Suppose you have manufactured an i-pad and you want to sell it for 10bucks, and no other people having it. Your friends are very much crazy to buy it. If your friend ‘A’ has 10 bucks with him, ‘B’ has 15 bucks with him and ‘C’ has 20 bucks with him.
As your 3 friends are ready to buy your product, then to whom you’ll sell?
Either need to increase the  production or else increase the price.
 In general, as the demand for your product is high you’ll raise the price to 15 bucks (suppose).
‘A’ will loose the offer, now only B and C have chance to buy,but now 2 people are demanding again you’ll raise the price from 15 to 20.Now only C will buy it.
The main point you need to notice that the product which has to be sold for 10 but it sold for 20 bucks..
It’s nothing but inflation…

In general inflation means ‘A continuous rise in the price of goods and services’.

Now we got a bright idea what is inflation is, but how it relates to the money printing?

If country prints huge cash and make it to flow all over the country, then every one think that they are rich and tend to spend crazy.Suppose those who have a low cost mobile phone  they tend to buy I phone 5. In the same way everyone try to spend more, by which demand for the product increases and finally economy fall into  Inflation,even huge inflation i.e hyper inflation…..

Do you remember when the inflation rate in the country goes to high, then Federal bank or the central bank (in India RBI) tends to increase the Interest rates,by which the money flow in the society decreases , results in  the capability of buying the product decreases which decline in the inflation.If the interest rates are low ,then everyone will tend to borrow the money for low interest rates and starts spending crazy and finally Inflation.This is the main reason for the Recession in 2008 and even other factors influenced at that time. 

http://whatislionmarket..com.ng/p/why-cant-country-print-money-and-get.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by hoodmenconcept(m): 12:21am On Jun 02, 2016
please help me explain to this guy very well..

im a science student but this is a very easy economics .

1. we could print money but to a very minimal level so as to avoid inflation.
2. the cost of printing money is high
3. the money will lose value
4. the foreign investors will leave cos your money is valueless as a result of inflation
many problem will erupt. Take zimbabwe as an example.. this man call mugabe is an old fool and they are just the most educated people in Africa but they are useless and doesn't have a Common Sense, they lack finance minister and economist when they are printing money.

grin grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by ugonna1054(m): 3:07am On Jun 02, 2016
bookface:

Printing money will not always result in inflation. Although it is the conventional wisdom, it is not always the case.

The conventional wisdom is based on the simple equation MV = PY where M is the supply of money, V is the velocity of money, P is prices and Y is the total quantity of goods.

The conventional wisdom that printing money simply increases inflation assumes that if M is increased, all other things being constant, then P should increase.

But all other things shouldn't have to be constant. For example, if printing money leads to more quantity of goods, prices could actually fall.

Furthermore, the argument is nonsense that more money supply equals higher inflation. Everyday a bank creates a loan, it is basically increasing the money supply out of thin air, which may not necessarily lead to inflation.

Finally, think about this...suppose the central bank prints out 10 billion naira notes today, and they leave it in the vault...would it cause inflation?

The answer is no

Suppose, the CBN choose to give the 10 billion notes to just 10 people, would this cause inflation? The answer is no! hence the role of the velocity of money.

EDIT: That said, you are correct, printing money to make all Nigerians billionaires will result in hyperinflation.
Nice one.
Re: Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich by Embosman: 3:20am On Jun 02, 2016
Currency is used to measure value and facilitate transfer of value, value is the important thing ie the wealth, having currency don't mean shit without a corresponding value, so if you print more money without improving your productivity, you're are basically using more currency to purchase the same value, but like people have said it can be done if well planned this is because there are some values that are not rewarded. You know money is also a store of wealth so for instance, a famer that consumes his own produce has somehow bypassed the market in which he sourced the resources to produce the goods, so money can be printed to measure that value that was not accounted for. But never print money that has no corresponding value that's inflation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BVN- Temporary Restriction Of Your Account / COVID-19: Ebeano Supermarket, Lekki Starts No Mask, No Entrance Policy / 5 Signs That Shows You May Never Be Successful In Life!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.