Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,464 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari (23801 Views)

Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari / Militants Blow Up 2 More Oil Facilities In Delta / Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by harmbhrosz(m): 2:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
POWEROFPEACE:
That is supposed to be the number one priority, to secure pipe lines, but the Niger Delta Advengers are still blowing it up. The truth is Government might not be able to stop this people.
can u now see how we the leaders of tomorrow reason Securing the pipeline was suppose to be the number 1 priority What about the life of every Nigerian citizens U people now value oil than human life

Na wa o
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by 989900: 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
“As to the rampant cattle-herdsmen clashes across the country, the Federal Government is partnering with state governments to find a lasting solution to the unfortunate menace.
“Among the solution being considered is the establishment of animal grazing reserve and other policies targeted at encouraging the nomad herdsmen to adopt modern methods of animal rearing.

“In the meantime, I have directed all security agencies to bring all perpetrators of the clashes to book. I wish to assure all Nigerians that there will be no sacred cows,’’ he said.

I see what you did there Baba. cheesy
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by win3k: 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
what an illiterate 1diot mallam this f00l is.
the 1st priority of a president is not OIL, it is human lives, and the Fulani herdsmen pose more threat to the lives and SECURITY of Nigerians than oil pipeline vandals!!!

What will it take to educate this former cattle rearer
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by AnanseK(m): 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
Flets:
Now lets face it.... Nigeria as we know it have gone to the dogs. Balkanization is imminent unless we salvage it through True Federalism.
Maybe Buhari is the man needed to help grind Nigeria to a halt where True federalism becomes attractive to hard sworn opponents.

Who in his right senses would ever think force would restore crude production in the Niger Delta. Both History and common sense has proven its impossible to increase oil production in the face of insurgency. Even the major oil companies cannot continue production amidst explosions and crossfires. The more Buhari mobilizes warships, gunboats and military to the region, the more the IOCs evacuates their personnel and services from the region.

What is so hard about understanding that there is no hope for a united Nigeria without True Federalism? What is wrong with the black man?

Can you tell me one country in the world where your so called true federalism is practiced? You can't eat your cake and have it.
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by mandax: 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
Flets:
Now lets face it.... Nigeria as we know it have gone to the dogs. Balkanization is imminent unless we salvage it through True Federalism.
Maybe Buhari is the man needed to help grind Nigeria to a halt where True federalism becomes attractive to hard sworn opponents.

Who in his right senses would ever think force would restore crude production in the Niger Delta. Both History and common sense has proven its impossible to increase oil production in the face of insurgency. Even the major oil companies cannot continue production amidst explosions and crossfires. The more Buhari mobilizes warships, gunboats and military to the region, the more the IOCs evacuates their personnel and services from the region.

What is so hard about understanding that there is no hope for a united Nigeria without True Federalism? What is wrong with the black man?

Buhari clan doesn't believe in True and Fiscal federalism
The clan created 20 federating units (19 states and Abuja) with hundreds of local government areas from one northern Nigeria region after independence, but created only 17 units in two regions of southern Nigeria after independence.

Through the undue large number of states and local government areas, the clan sucks up more of oil revenues to the north.
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by RELEASEUS: 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
obailala:
This is basically what the main actors in the economic sabotage want. Nothing short of Buhari resigning will appease NDA and the other parading militants who are obviously politically linked. But will an African president, let alone a Nigerian president ever resign? Your guess is as good as mine. Sadly, the nationwide suffering running up to 2019 would be mega, and I guess the only food Nigerians would eat at a point would just be insults thrown at Buhari.
I beg to differ from your opening view...no one wants PMB to resign, that's not possible in the first place except he becomes sick and expires. I don't wish him that though. What is happening now in the Niger delta is just a reaction to actions that have been going on for ages. What Late Yaradua and GEJ did was to wisely pump money in the guise of contracts to keep the boys quiet during their administration. A typical Fulani man will call that rubbish and would want to bully his way through thinking he has the power, which is exactly what PMB is doing now. You think the boys will not remember their cause when the money stops coming? Now what is their cause? Listen bro, the ND is in ruins, neglect in totality and a abject poverty pervades the land. What does shell, chevron et all do for their host communities? Answer is nothing. The north constantly reminds the south that they are their overlords, do you know in Delta state there is no single federal university? The PTI that was converted to a university is a mockery of itself, PTI is a small school already, it was then divided into two again and one part call a uni, it's that justice? I can go on and on but ll pause here cos I don dey vex, don't want to take my mind to my people and our struggles and suffering in the midst of plenty.
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by InvestinOwerri(m): 2:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
lestat:

Explanation needed here:
So how would true federalism o play in Nigeria? As in each state would have its own Constitution? Kindly explain
True fiscal federalism means that every state will control its resources & pay taxes of royalties to the federal government. THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE!
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by 989900: 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
I cringe when supposedly self-acclaimed literate people lazily react to headlines in-lieu of actually reading the article.

Equally annoying is, when people criticize without proffering an alternate better solution.

I can't deal . . .
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Adminisher: 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
Flets:

The funny enough things is that enough force will restore crude oil production in Niger Delta. Please take it from me that i know what i am talking about. Extreme force, intense poverty and suffering will restore sanity there. It is just that it should be applied in stages.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Horus(m): 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh7nyxc5XDY

[size=14pt]Nigerian Air Force Land In Port Harcourt[/size]

Some tactital air assets have been deployed from the tactical command NAF ma kurdi to the Niger Delta to support military operations againt pipeline vandals as well as other security challenges in the region.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9GLCLCHy8A

[size=14pt]Nigerian Army Commissions Gun Boats to tackle militancy
in the Niger delta[/size]

The Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonishakin says the armed forces is prepared to tackle resurgence of militancy in the Niger delta region. He made this known while commissioning twelve refurbished gun boats by the two brigade Nigerian army in Okrika, Rivers state

1 Like

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by GWMI(m): 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
This man is an hypocrite
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Jackrich: 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:

Atiku is a politician and is preying on ur stupidity
What are I even fighting for?? Are all river oil producing?? Don't they benefit from the oil revenue??
80% of things u eat is from the North right??

Every man contributes.. .. hold ur leaders to develop ur region.. .. if u want the confab report implementation u know the right way to do it
You're daft beyond imagination my friend.

This is something that the SS and SE has been clamoring for but you chose to play hide and seek with it.

If Atiku is preying on our stupidity for 2019, kindly tell your kunu sipping super clueless bastard of a Presidiot to call for a SNC, Referendum or better still dust up the last National Conference report and implement it because 2019 is still far ,but I heard he said it's going to the archives - You see una life ?

How does the North feed anyone ,is the food being sent to the Federal Govt distribution centers and each state given a certain amount for free ? undecided
You need a brain surgeon for making such an erroneous claims that can only come out from the brain of a complete dunce whose birth certificate should be issued from a condom factory.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
Go and secure the lives of those fulani herdsmen are killing you foolish old man.
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Jackrich: 2:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
AnanseK:

Can you tell me one country in the world where your so called true federalism is practiced? You can't eat your cake and have it.
The US you all love to copy is practicing it and it's working for them perfectly.

Read you people won't read ,even a 9 yr old boy knew about this. undecided
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by mrvitalis(m): 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
Jackrich:
You're daft beyond imagination my friend.

This is something that the SS and SE has been clamoring for but you chose to play hide and seek with it.

If Atiku is preying on our stupidity for 2019, kindly tell your kunu sipping super clueless bastard of a Presidiot to call for a SNC, Referendum or better still dust up the last National Conference report and implement it because 2019 is still far ,but I heard he said it's going to the archives - You see una life ?

How does the North feed anyone ,is the food being sent to the Federal Govt distribution centers and each state given a certain amount for free ? undecided
You need a brain surgeon for making such an erroneous claims that can only come out from the brain of a complete dunce whose birth certificate should be issued from a condom factory.
First of all a president can't implement the confab report
Second of all only the national assembly can, cos that will be a constitutional amendment, so meet ur senators to pressure the Senate, not disobeying the law

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by heilige(m): 2:34pm On Jun 01, 2016
first of all they should return our stolen monies
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2016
InvestinOwerri:
True fiscal federalism means that every state will control its resources & pay taxes of royalties to the federal government. THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE!

Now I understand
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Jackrich: 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:

First of all a president can't implement the confab report
Second of all only the national assembly can, cos that will be a constitutional amendment, so meet ur senators to pressure the Senate, not disobeying the law
Your presidiot can't implement it but he can archive it ? grin

''If there is no justice for the people ,Let there be no peace for the Government'' - Emiliano Zapata

Nobody is disobeying any law here - The people are rising up against injustice.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by vislabraye(m): 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
Flets:

Abeg ask am o. Make people continue to dey hail am.
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Legitbaba(m): 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
agbangam:

My dear ur 5percent reasoning is y I said Nigerians are very difficult pple. U all took wat PMB said to anoda level and its bad. Y not we all find a way to replace d bad leaders amongs us and strengthen our nation instead of encouraging d bombing. USA wit all d different colours and faces is doing great cos of d gud leaders der, so wit a gud leader Nigeria can become great. @least for once we now have a leader dat is not here to loot like d previous one.
Wit d 13percent drivatives,Desopadec,NDDC,ND Ministry plus Fed Alocation going to our governors n leaders in ND wat achievement can any of dem boast of. So our leaders in ND is our headache not d hausa man.

What has Nigeria achieved since it's independent...after many years of crude sales.... Nigeria is still lacking the basic things like roads... electricity etc...how do u think the state govt. Would do any different.. when they are learning everything from Federal level....that's why I once said even resource control wouldn't work...because Dickson might still want to use monies from his state to fund Gej's Presidential campaign...and the circle continues
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by thaoriginator: 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
ayzTIGER:
Get your hands off thier oil and keep'em where they belong... Thats not much to ask
Their oil? Are the one who gave them oil?

This oil is for everybody, no just for the Niger Deltans.. It's for Nigerians.
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Honza27(m): 2:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by manbuchai: 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
Why didnt Buhari do everything to ensure that the hausa fulani killings of innocent Nigerians to an end
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by manbuchai: 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
Why didnt Buhari do everything to ensure that the hausa fulani killings of innocent Nigerians comes to an end
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Flets: 2:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
AnanseK:

Your question should be "Tell me which progressive democracy anywhere in the world that practices the crude unitary federation we run in this country?".

But since you asked the question, I will answer you
USA
United Kingdom
Canada
Germany
Even South Africa
And the list is endless

The Governor of Texas does not go to Washington every month cap in hand asking for allocation, he generates his revenue and contributes to Washington. Texas with all its outstanding infrastructure was created by the state and not the FG. And that my Friend is common sense.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by obailala(m): 2:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
RELEASEUS:
I beg to differ from your opening view...no one wants PMB to resign, that's not possible in the first place except he becomes sick and expires. I don't wish him that though. What is happening now in the Niger delta is just a reaction to actions that have been going on for ages. What Late Yaradua and GEJ did was to wisely pump money in the guise of contracts to keep the boys quiet during their administration. A typical Fulani man will call that rubbish and would want to bully his way through thinking he has the power, which is exactly what PMB is doing now. You think the boys will not remember their cause when the money stops coming? Now what is their cause? Listen bro, the ND is in ruins, neglect in totality and a abject poverty pervades the land. What does shell, chevron et all do for their host communities? Answer is nothing. The north constantly reminds the south that they are their overlords, do you know in Delta state there is no single federal university? The PTI that was converted to a university is a mockery of itself, PTI is a small school already, it was then divided into two again and one part call a uni, it's that justice? I can go on and on but ll pause here cos I don dey vex, don't want to take my mind to my people and our struggles and suffering in the midst of plenty.
Do you really think paying billions constantly to the 'big' gang leaders to pacify them is a sustainable solution?.... By paying the big gang leaders money and neglecting the real communities that need upliftment, was that really a sustainable or fair strategy?

Besides, buhari just took over and nothing, absolutely nothing has been done by the government so far cos the first budget was only just signed a while ago. So why wouldnt a genuine agitator wait a bit and see what's in stock before they resume blowing everything up and rendering 170 million Nigerians hungry.. As far as I'm concerned, the guys presently blowing things up are merely opportunists who want to make big bucks, just like their older colleagues who have now made mon,ey, they have no regard for even the niger delta they claim to be fighting for and most of their motives are even politically driven.
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Ghost447(m): 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
I thought crude oil is no longer important since the Northerners have enough food to feed the nation and for export trade.
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Adadio: 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
Maxi112:
toothless bull dog. keep on masturbating over our oil, ur end is near.. shameless old man..

Hausa-fulani with oil, that's why dey want one Nigerian... u think we r like the ibos, ask atiku how far
What about the Ibos?You can still make your valid point without bringing the Ibos into it.Ate you suggesting that your people alone can do what the Ibos could not do by pulling out of the suffocating Nigerian so called federation?Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by mrvitalis(m): 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
Jackrich:
Your presidiot can't implement it but he can archive it ? grin

''If there is no justice for the people ,Let there be no peace for the Government'' - Emiliano Zapata

Nobody is disobeying any law here - The people are rising up against injustice.
If u want the confab report implemented, the president can't stop that, stop blaming him and take ur request to the Senate

1 Like

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by jossyj: 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
Including jumping into the river as biafra is at hand
You can ban me forever I no send
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by RELEASEUS: 2:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
obailala:
Do you really think paying billions constantly to the 'big' gang leaders to pacify them is a sustainable solution?.... By paying the bug gamg leaders money and neglecting the teal communities that need upliftment, was that really a sustainable or fair strategy?

Besides, buhari just took over and nothing, absolutely nothing has been done by the government so far cos the first budget was only just signed a while ago. So why wouldnt a genuine agitator wait a bit and see what's in stock before they resume blowing everything up and rendering 170 million Nigerians hungry.. As far as I'm concerned, the guys presently blowing things up are merely opportunists who want to make big bucks, just like their older colleagues who have now made mon,ey, they have no regard for even the niger delta they claim to be fighting for and most of their motives are even politically driven.
I never said that was the solution. I only described how the last two administration escaped the wrath of those boys. it might not be the solution but at least it worked for them. Now PMB could ve used diplomacy in re engineering that system, not with the way he is doing it now. his body odour or language was negative from the word go. Now everyone is suffering it. Because without the pipelines there ll be no power or light, and many other related issues. Nigeria is currently in a bigger trouble with the ND
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
thaoriginator:
Their oil? Are the one who gave them oil?

This oil is for everybody, no just for the Niger Deltans.. It's for Nigerians.
really
what of the oil in lag and ondo, the bitumen in ondo? the Fulani cattle in the north? the untapped mineral resources in other regions?
its a shame that peeps like you eventually had to grow up learning the wrong things.
certain peeps and their offspring keep denying the ongoing injustices and continue to justify them since 1960!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Thanks Imo State People For Giving Him A Warm Reception / APC Crisis: 13 Governors May Leave Party, Insist On Buni As Chairman / Nigeria, Three Others Top World Bank Debtors’ List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.