Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun (25248 Views)

Ikenga Imo Subtly Mocks Buhari & His Economic Team (Pics) / Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD / Nigerians Voted For Change, Now Suffer And Stop Complaining- Fasheun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by biggie73(m): 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
Who is Falae? He is the architect of Nigeria economic woes. I have listened to Prof. Utomi talking- believe me, I am not impressed with his intelligence. He is a "crammilapour" type of a guy. Buhari made his choice.
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by mandarin: 5:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
I seriously did not know the macroeconomic effects of the Jonathan's team on the economy. The fiscal policy or the FX management they left behind call for questioning. That Nigeria's economy was rebased during his tenure did not mean the growth responsible for Nigeria becoming the largest economy in Africa actually happened during his government. The growth was due largely to the telecommunication sector which was liberalized during Obasanjo's regime, the Nollywood that has been growing some 10 years before and some other sub sectors of the economy.
Neither inflation rate nor cost of borrowing went down to support consumer index and I keep looking at the political propaganda of that regime as the tool used to create a make belive Hollywood style bravado.
If all the revelations bradished today against that government turn out true then it actually wrecked more havoc than good, with billions leaving the economy which would have solved all power, transports, water and education problems in Nigeria. Its quite disappointing. Let NOI come out and defend her policies, those sectors that actually grew during that administration; it was all within the energy sector that feeds less than 5% of the population, the real sector continued to suffer because all these Harvard and Yale CERTIFICATES ARE GOOD but NOT ENOUGH TO EMPATHISE with the feelings of the common man who are suffering from economic neglect.

I think what Buhari government lack is an economic advisory council which can look at pros and cons of policy managements and help the President decide. I actually see the President changing his Finance Minister to a man and wielding tremendous influence in bringing Nigeria back on track

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by iroc4eva: 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2016
hahahahaha.... chaii.... mosquito economic team, no wonder the are sucking the economy dry.....hahahaha....all commodities has been sucked away by bubu n his mosquitoes....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by Positivemind1: 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
Pavarottii:

If u don't av anything to say. Please do d needful. Go and check d state of our economy under NOI and compare it wiv now. Mayb u don't know.

If you have been opportuned to hold public before like some of us...you will know that Newspaper/ Classroom knowledge is different from reality. PMB doesn't need those people Falae mentioned. There are better unknown guys which may include you who can do the job better.
But...the foundation must be there and that is what I pray that PMB will achieve for us.
Nigeria will bounce back...am optimistic about that.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by kossyablaze(m): 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:
Allow the president to pick his team, after all he will take responsibility for there success or failure.... Judge him after 2019 that's all
guy why do you like talking rubbish always
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by druboon404: 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
Elliot2:
u see ur life, look at the mirror n see ur life! are we going to eat pmb's integrity? whether Wailers wail, or u praiser praise pmb, we all must be concerned abt de state of d nation, n not play partisanship. we Shld b concerned abt pmb's policies whether it would be positive or negative. cos finally na who only integrity epp?
Wetin do your life?
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by iroc4eva: 6:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
mandarin:
I seriously did not know the macroeconomic effects of the Jonathan's team on the economy. The fiscal policy or the FX management they left behind call for questioning. That Nigeria's economy was rebased during his tenure did not mean the growth responsible for Nigeria becoming the largest economy in Africa actually happened during his government. The growth was due largely to the telecommunication sector which was liberalized during Obasanjo's regime, the Nollywood that has been growing some 10 years before and some other sub sectors of the economy.
Neither inflation rate nor cost of borrowing went down to support consumer index and I keep looking at the political propaganda of that regime as the tool used to create a make belive Hollywood style bravado.
If all the revelations bradished today against that government turn out true then it actually wrecked more havoc than good, with billions leaving the economy which would have solved all power, transports, water and education problems in Nigeria. Its quite disappointing. Let NOI come out and defend her policies, those sectors that actually grew during that administration; it was all within the energy sector that feeds less than 5% of the population, the real sector continued to suffer because all these Harvard and Yale CERTIFICATES ARE GOOD but NOT ENOUGH TO EMPATHISE with the feelings of the common man who are suffering from economic neglect.

I think what Buhari government lack is an economic advisory council which can look at pros and cons of policy managements and help the President decide. I actually see the President changing his Finance Minister to a man and wielding tremendous influence in bringing Nigeria back on track
....is this ur lengthy post for this thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by 989900: 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Falae said he kicked against SAP. That is why Gen. Babangida kicked him out of his cabinet. He said he was the only one who kicked against it.

I read that too, but people say things after it's all said and done.
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by dkayc: 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
Wise words.
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
Pavarottii:
Our economy growing at about 7% from 2011 to 2014. And d 3rd fastest growing economy in the world at early 2014 reported by CNN. Had nothing to do with Jonathan?
Lol. I asked for the meaning of rebasing. you conveniently side-stepped it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
IVORY2009:

bring in technocrats!!!
hehehehe...
like who and who?
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Baba is a careful man,he doesnt want to stain his government with yam eaters

Olu Falae.ate our yam worth 100M

Pat Utomi has still not explained to Nigerians How Volkswagen died during his tenure as the MD

Baba sees Oby as using BBOG as a tool to get it into Govt

On the other hand,lets give this government a chance .One year is gone,3 years time,we will vote them out just the same way we did to The World's most clueless president and hero of Corruption ( I DIDNT MENTION ANYBODYS NAME,IF YOU DARE INSULT ME,I WILL JUST PRESS THE RULE 2 BUTTON QUIETLY)

with the bolded,i don hold wailers for blokos cheesy
heeeey...sharap......

1 Like

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by judondasylva(m): 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
Guyman02:
Many of us here thought that the likes of seasoned economists like Pat Utomi and Kalu Idika Kalu will form part of his kitchen cabinet and the nucleus of his economic strategy, but he was too sentimental in filling his cabinet with Northerners and considered them perhaps as citizens of 5% regions.

Kemi Adeosun is still studying from economics textbooks, the type we read for WAEC and presenting same in British accented English, in reality she is still a neophyte in international economic affairs, although I feel she is learning very fast on the job; but we actually didn't need a learner in times like this unfortunately and a lot of damage has been done to the economy already.
my brother that was my thought

1 Like

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
989900:

I read that too, but people say things after it's all said and done.

I agree with you. It is the other way around. I last heard it in 1999 during what was to be a Presidential debate between Falae and OBJ.

I was mistaken. SAP was announced before he came in. However, it was a weak policy. If Falae was such an economic guru, he should have rejected the job and not stood by a government that raided it's economy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by judondasylva(m): 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
what do u expect from the dullard? he don't want people he can't be able to control.
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by 989900: 6:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
judondasylva:
what do u expect from the dullard? he don't want people he can't be able to control.

Would you employ people you can't control?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by IVORY2009(m): 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ioannes:

hehehehe...
like who and who?
Bismark Rewane, Pat Utomi etc
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by IVORY2009(m): 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Technocrats that have lead us to where we are - http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=11232&title=Prepare-for-hard-times;-things-will-be-tough-till-the-end-of-2015,-Okonjo-Iweala-advises-Nigerians

Technocrats that were still borrowing to pay workers during the oil boom - http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/06/fg-borrows-n473bn-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala/

You better wake up.

Pat Utomi, Bismark Rewani, Soludo etc, bring dis guys in, sit back and watch the economy compect as one of the best in the world.
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by dhappyking(m): 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
I am usually not this pessimistic, but something tells me PMB will not be moved to listen to all these till 2018, when his party will start trying to convince or confuse Nigerians to return then to power. We are watching, with keen interest.
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by Memphis357(m): 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
GudluckIBB:

Pat Utomi has still not explained to Nigerians How Volkswagen died during his tenure as the MD

On the other hand,lets give this government a chance .One year is gone,3 years time,we will vote them out just the same way we did to The World's most clueless president and hero of Corruption ( I DIDNT MENTION ANYBODYS NAME,IF YOU DARE INSULT ME,I WILL JUST PRESS THE RULE 2 BUTTON QUIETLY)

with the bolded,i don hold wailers for blokos cheesy
Silly statement.......... Grow Tha f**k up!
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
IVORY2009:

Bismark Rewane, Pat Utomi etc

Lol.

what makes them suitable?

what background checks have you done on these people to ascertain they are suitable? let me guess, none!
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by Pavarottii(m): 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ioannes:

Lol. I asked for the meaning of rebasing. you conveniently side-stepped it.
Now I see u don't av anything to say? Who rebased the economy? Now okay pls tell me who rebased d economy if not them and please tell me wat u understand by rebasing d economy. Den I will tell u mine. Since u brought d question first. Thanks
U will see at d end of the day, u will be the one to fail. Am waiting.
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by Pavarottii(m): 7:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
Positivemind1:

If you have been opportuned to hold public before like some of us...you will know that Newspaper/ Classroom knowledge is different from reality. PMB doesn't need those people Falae mentioned. There are better unknown guys which may include you who can do the job better.
But...the foundation must be there and that is what I pray that PMB will achieve for us.
Nigeria will bounce back...am optimistic about that.
All these grammar, u r saying no atom of sense. Wen I was president of a bank we made profit of about 40% annually 4 4years straight. I resigned and u r the new president and u make 10% profit in ur first year. Please who is more competent. Even my 4year old nephew will ansa this correctly. How come dis zombie has eaten up ur thinking faculty dis much?

I weep for people like u that will see black and call it white.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by IVORY2009(m): 7:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ioannes:

Lol.

what makes them suitable?

what background checks have you done on these people to ascertain they are suitable? let me guess, none!

Those names I just mentioned are experts in their various fields bro, let Buhari bring dem onboard and watch the Nigeria economy grow to one of the top 20 in the world, have u listen to dem speak?
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by Eluwilussit(m): 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
989900:
Playing to the gallery.

The way some people reason na wa . . .

Most of the names he mentioned, are actually names that got us here in this poo in the first place.

Utomi couldn't help Shagari, Falae and SAP, NOI=ROFLMAO (the one with the most baggage).

Dr. Kalu OTOH, is a smart economist ( some of his recommendations are actually being pursued by this administration), and others like him spread across the country.

The government needs help with the economy (especially with monetary policies), but not like throwing random names that have actually failed in the past, nor by totally ignoring strides in the right direction made.

If NOI failed, it was because Jonathan was weak and allowed people to walk all over him. NOI was a huge success with Baba. She will be an excellent asset to a strong headed dude like Buhari. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 01, 2016
Pavarottii:

Now I see u don't av anything to say? Who rebased the economy? Now okay pls tell me who rebased d economy if not them and please tell me wat u understand by rebasing d economy. Den I will tell u mine. Since u brought d question first. Thanks
U will see at d end of the day, u will be the one to fail. Am waiting.

fail? there's nobody here that will fail. you only need me to educate you That's all.

I asked you a simple question, you are now telling me to tell you the answer first before you will reply me? Lol.

it's a simple question, what do you understand by rebasing the economy?

your next reply should be a direct response to my simple question otherwise forget me replying you.
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by BumbleDevil: 7:36pm On Jun 01, 2016
GudluckIBB:

with the bolded,i don hold wailers for blokos :Dlook at ur big mouth so what re u going to call this govt nw if the past one is clueless what about this one full of lies propaganda and all the nonsense thngs happening nw

1 Like

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
IVORY2009:

Those names I just mentioned are experts in their various fields bro, let Buhari bring dem onboard and watch the Nigeria economy grow to one of the top 20 in the world, have u listen to dem speak?

...and the people Buhari has there are not experts in their own fields?

sorry to burst your bubbles, But these so-called "experts you mentioned, are they going to go there and wave a magic wand and within a few days the economic bastardization inflicted upon us by the previous 6years administration will be righted and everything will be Fine?

don't fool yourself. it's going to take time and collective efforts to right this country.

a single man heading a ministry in Abuja can't do it alone.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by Laid2001: 7:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
I thought the statement is from a man, I did not know it was from GEJ yanmuyanmu economic adviser. those that were given contracts to protect pipelines at Arepo but rather start selling tapping points for bunkering the same lines.
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by Pavarottii(m): 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ioannes:

fail? there's nobody here that will fail. you only need me to educate you That's all.

I asked you a simple question, you are now telling me to tell you the answer first before you will reply me? Lol.

it's a simple question, what do you understand by rebasing the economy?

your next reply should be a direct response to my simple question otherwise forget me replying you.
Okay, I don't know. Pls educate me on wat rebasing an economy is.

Thanks.
Re: Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun by tushbobo(m): 8:10pm On Jun 01, 2016
Google Venezuelan economic crisis. I think it has more to do with the woes befalling nations which were hitherto dependent on oil alone.

Do not put all your eggs in one basket.Very simple but wise adage. When you break simple rules such happens.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Will Not Produce A ‘northern President’ 2019– Turaki / Fani-kayode Reacts To Planned Proscription Of Shiites By President Buhari / Buhari Congratulates Kaycee Madu On His Appointment As Minister In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.