Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up (66724 Views)

Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment / Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete / Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by saintmark88(m): 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
I have lived in the Niger delta in fact I live in rivers State... Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni LGA, I lived in Omoku, visited Ndoni, Oboburu, Akabuka commnuiites.... Fact is this Niger deltans are the most backward pple in terms of development either in terms of infrastructural or human development, thts y they do not think well, they reason from behind, u need to go there n c d level of decay, corruption, insecurity, killing, cultism, all sorts of vices....So when I c people who can't be reasoned with, I know exactly what their problem is...... If Buhari should tke d capital of the country to ND, dear guys wud still complain, do u know y??, tht region is predominantly PDP, so they would never support APC or any body Tht comes frm APC....... Thts how d people have been wired.... They do not reason for themselves

12 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by 12inchDickson: 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
richidinho:

Hope u know that $10m x 6 states is $60m
He shld also rebuild north east for 30yrs too
I tot u would b smarter than this
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by totorimi: 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
Back in the days some questions in social studies we used to see in secondary school we used to see was who is the minister of this or that but nowadays no examiner can ask that because they are noise makers.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by saints2(f): 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
God bless PMB

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by seye005(m): 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
This kind of thinking is not nt good for ur health
richidinho:
He started the cleanup with a paltry $10m while $5bn was donated to rebuild North East

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by bamite(m): 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
richidinho:

You sound like someone with mental issues. No offence

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by salzkid24: 6:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
Okay
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by DrGrab: 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
richidinho:

Ogoni is not a state, it is only a kingdom is Riverstate comprising of about 4. LGA.. so ur calculation of $10x6 is baseless..

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by flokii: 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
Nice one.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by networkrecharg: 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
correct reply

tbaba1234:

One of the first projects announced by the government was the clean up of Ogoni Land in June 2015. They have stuck to the task and one year after, it has begun.

Why did other governments not take advantage of such political capital? Bros, give credit to whom it is due and criticize if the occasion calls for it.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by keryj(f): 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
Thank God am proofed wrong.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by olajide8(m): 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
What a very funny country- let's go into the genesis of this spill- militancy, firstly spills were made and communities took the OIC's to nigerian courts - no fair hearing in some cases compensation was awarded to the communities and that was it- the chief's and a few lawyers shared the money, then some youths got wind of it and also did theirs, they got small compensation from an oil company - and they got more greedy - they burst a few pipelines and took the OIC's to court, they were settled out of court for paltry amounts and foreign lawyers came around and told them they can make in multiples of 1000, of what the OIC's were giving them- "note: they were the ones bursting the pipes, because of this settlement" when OIC's started getting court cases against them from their country of origin then they decided to do things right - follow up the cases in court and not pay compensation* the boys got hungry and started kidnapping (they couldn't wait, for their reward in heaven, since OIC's saw they were too lazy to work-they started by kidnapping those that sacked them - got ransom and then turned it out of greed into militancy* and that's the generation - the rest is history- how can it be solved diversification of the economy and total ignoring of the perpetrators - while cleaning would b done based on the percentage of drilling that takes place in t region

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by sagr(m): 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
What GEJ could not do in 6yrs, they expect PMB to do it in one year, SMH ,,, anyway Weldon baba
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
SWG25:

The Ogoni people don't see it as a political capital. The government is not doing them any favour and besides, the project is not Buhari's project. He's implementing it doesn't mean its his project.

was that why a president from the south south refused to implement it?

even cow get brain and im dey use Am. try use your own now. there's no award in heaven for the person who returns his brain unused.

9 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by Dante2008(m): 6:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
tbaba1234:

Ogoni land is not one state.. It is within a state. As long as the money budgeted for the clean up is sufficient, what is your problem?

You want them to budget more than what is required?
my brother help me explain for this Guy, I tire ooooo....

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by femmy2010(m): 6:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
richidinho:
He started the cleanup with a paltry $10m while $5bn was donated to rebuild North East

Even if He use the whole Nigerian budget to clean that community you still won't b satisfied.
Try appreciate good developments whenever they crop up.
God Bless you

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by Baboo13(m): 6:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
Good thing the clean up has started which is the 1st positive step whichever way you see it.

But the million dollar question is will successive governments continue this project?
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by Duru009(m): 6:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
According to feasibility studies carried out by the consultants....

It will tak a minimum of 30yrs for the ogoni-land to be clean up.
(Channels Tv)
One chance govt!!!
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
SWG25:

The Ogoni people don't see it as a political capital. The government is not doing them any favour and besides, the project is not Buhari's project. He's implementing it doesn't mean its his project.

Does it matter whose project it is so long as it gets done? The Ogoni people certainly don't care.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by Chukazu: 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
MadCow1:

The Ogoniland clean up has been a matter that has reached the International courts.

What does it matter that the 5 Billion comes from the Niger Delta assuming it's even true?

You guys just sit in your homes and spew foolish hate.

it doesn't matter when you rob Delta to rebuild north east?

oh you are not sure if it's true?... well how many of your governors have been able to pay salaries since the slump in oil prices?

your brain can't reason that oil money is what sustains your economy and budget?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by toprealman: 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
tbaba1234:

The clean up is a continuous process that will last 30 years..

Do you know that the North East is a whole region not a community?
30yrs.....naija I de hail oh. Una no de fail oh
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by femmy2010(m): 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
tbaba1234:

Ogoni land is not one state.. It is within a state. As long as the money budgeted for the clean up is sufficient, what is your problem?

You want them to budget more than what is required?

Don't mind the young man. He is use to wastage
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
saintmark88:
I have lived in the Niger delta in fact I live in rivers State... Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni LGA, I lived in Omoku, visited Ndoni, Oboburu, Akabuka commnuiites.... Fact is this Niger deltans are the most backward pple in terms of development either in terms of infrastructural or human development, thts y they do not think well, they reason from behind, u need to go there n c d level of decay, corruption, insecurity, killing, cultism, all sorts of vices....So when I c people who can't be reasoned with, I know exactly what their problem is...... If Buhari should tke d capital of the country to ND, dear guys wud still complain, do u know y??, tht region is predominantly PDP, so they would never support APC or any body Tht comes frm APC....... Thts how d people have been wired.... They do not reason for themselves

you are right. and the phools want a Niger Delta republic. I laugh tire.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by ogelatu: 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
No p.i hope dis wil stop all dis vandalism
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by sonnie10: 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
Government of propaganda.
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by Baboo13(m): 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
olajide8:
What a very funny country- let's go into the genesis of this spill- militancy, firstly spills were made and communities took the OIC's to nigerian courts - no fair hearing in some cases compensation was awarded to the communities and that was it- the chief's and a few lawyers shared the money, then some youths got wind of it and also did theirs, they got small compensation from an oil company - and they got more greedy - they burst a few pipelines and took the OIC's to court, they were settled out of court for paltry amounts and foreign lawyers came around and told them they can make in multiples of 1000, of what the OIC's were giving them- "note: they were the ones bursting the pipes, because of this settlement" when OIC's started getting court cases against them from their country of origin then they decided to do things right - follow up the cases in court and not pay compensation* the boys got hungry and started kidnapping (they couldn't wait, for their reward in heaven, since OIC's saw they were too lazy to work-they started by kidnapping those that sacked them - got ransom and then turned it out of greed into militancy* and that's the generation - the rest is history- how can it be solved diversification of the economy and total ignoring of the perpetrators - while cleaning would b done based on the percentage of drilling that takes place in t region

Informative write up

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by HomeOfMe(f): 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
tbaba1234:
Ogoni Clean-up commenced today June 1... The president will officially launch it tomorrow

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt4d7sldguse9.8026d2a8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt187a0hbn6m7o.4e9f6ffe.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyteifpiqvr1ru.ecb1a9c9.jpg[/img]

Photo credit: https://www.naij.com/846929-just-federal-government-commences-clean-ogoni-land-photos.html

Just like that? I thought you people would hold meetings with the oil companies involved,other stakeholders and the representatives of the people of towns and communities affected by the spill.I just hope these people are not trying to deceive the ND people?
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by Pyno30: 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
richidinho:
They are 5% nah, North is 95%, have you forgotten?
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by tbaba1234: 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
HomeOfMe:
Just like that? I thought you people would hold meetings with the oil companies involved,other stakeholders and the representatives of the people of towns and communities affected by the spill.I just hope these people are not trying to deceive the ND people?

They have been having consultations for the past one year..

The environment minister met with wike, leaders of Ogoni and other stakeholders
Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by thaoriginator: 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
richidinho:

Hope u know that $10m x 6 states is $60m He shld also rebuild north east for 30yrs too
Hi hater...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by funkydislo: 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
tbaba1234:

The clean up is a continuous process that will last 30 years..

Do you know that the North East is a whole region not a community?
Bro!you try oooo.You get time die.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
Duru009:
According to feasibility studies carried out by the consultants....

It will tak a minimum of 30yrs for the ogoni-land to be clean up.
(Channels Tv)
One chance govt!!!

so since it will take 30yrs to clean up we shouldn't start at all?

chai! I really pity your mental health challenge.

are you taking your meds?

will remember you in my prayers.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Is Wickedness! See Amaechi In Dustbin(pix) / President Kagame Blocks A Nigerian On Twitter For Proposing To His Daughter / Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.